PDA

View Full Version : JD historic run part 2?

#FALSuperman
05-21-2018, 07:19 PM
https://insidedirtracing.com/is-jonathan-davenport-on-the-verge-of-another-historic-run/

chupp n bloomer fan
05-21-2018, 07:26 PM
https://insidedirtracing.com/is-jonathan-davenport-on-the-verge-of-another-historic-run/I don’t think so. Everything is much tighter now. And while Kevin is still for sure on top of everything, they are not so far ahead like in 15’. They caught everyone sleeping in 2015, now that Kevin is well known by everyone, and to be respected, just don’t think they’ll repeat it. Successful, of course, 2015, I don’t think so.

Funny, DoD is slurping on JD n Kevin too.

klemmabyna
05-21-2018, 07:38 PM
2015 was a season for the ages.

but the obvious threat of another superman season already isn't sitting too well with a certain faction here on 4m.

#FALSuperman
05-21-2018, 07:46 PM
It would be much more difficult to pull of a repeat season like 2015. They do bring up some interesting points, though. I forgot JD was running 4th place (125 pts behind EPJ for 1st) with only 3 wins heading into the Show Me 100 Weekend. Then he reeled off 9 straight wins, including 6 Crown Jewels that year.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-21-2018, 07:47 PM
I would say they are ahead of the 2015 pace, comparing where they were at in 2015 in May with this May. But I doubt they have that kind of season again.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-21-2018, 07:54 PM
My crystal ball says great season but not like 2015.

Illtsate32
05-21-2018, 08:30 PM
I dont think the feat of getting all those crown jewels can be repeated, but the lucas season he may get 20 wins at this rate unless somebody can step up and stop him...

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-21-2018, 08:44 PM
It would be much more difficult to pull of a repeat season like 2015. They do bring up some interesting points, though. I forgot JD was running 4th place (125 pts behind EPJ for 1st) with only 3 wins heading into the Show Me 100 Weekend. Then he reeled off 9 straight wins, including 6 Crown Jewels that year.

All they need is another Rumley device.

Zonks32x
05-21-2018, 09:09 PM
There's no question JD can wheel. His style is definitely different than Scott's.

JD attacks a track and aggressively finds the best line...and at times his car pays the price.

Scott is a tactician and reads/drives a track surface like no other. He doesn't make many mistakes and always seems to capitalize on other drivers mistakes at just the right time.

Both styles win races...and a rivalry is always good for the fans. So you JD and Bloomer fans keep going at each other, just like your boys do on the track.

Win-Win for the rest of us.

#FALSuperman
05-21-2018, 10:12 PM
Zonks, if you really pay attention to the races JD has won this year, many of them have been from him conserving tires and knowing when to work high and when to dive low. He really is maturing as a driver and not just banging up equipment to win races. Even this past Saturday, JD said he knew Bobby was going to pull a slider on turn 4, so he eased off the throttle going low and used his momentum to build speed to finish ahead at the line. The guy has learned quite a bit.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-22-2018, 04:40 AM
It would be much more difficult to pull of a repeat season like 2015. They do bring up some interesting points, though. I forgot JD was running 4th place (125 pts behind EPJ for 1st) with only 3 wins heading into the Show Me 100 Weekend. Then he reeled off 9 straight wins, including 6 Crown Jewels that year.They were perfecting that thing on that TShirt.:)

Burke1118
05-22-2018, 05:29 AM
The wording of these articles/threads needs to be “is *rumley* on the verge of another historic run?”..Davenport is just the lucky SOB holding on to the steering wheel. Theres 5-10 drivers out there that could win just as many races in that car. Anyone who doesnt agree refer to the first half of 2017 where davenport was Bmain-ing it up in the same car Madden is leading WoO points in

chupp n bloomer fan
05-22-2018, 05:41 AM
Zonks, if you really pay attention to the races JD has won this year, many of them have been from him conserving tires and knowing when to work high and when to dive low. He really is maturing as a driver and not just banging up equipment to win races. Even this past Saturday, JD said he knew Bobby was going to pull a slider on turn 4, so he eased off the throttle going low and used his momentum to build speed to finish ahead at the line. The guy has learned quite a bit.Definitely think he has matured, and is trying to balance the aggression with being smart.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-22-2018, 05:43 AM
SS going to throw the computer or phone at you.

They’ve changed motors for one. And honestly, I think Madden is sharper about exactly what to do to make the car better.

Kwd1253
05-22-2018, 05:44 AM
My crystal ball says great season but not like 2015.

🤔?? Look into the crystal ball and get the winning power ball numbers for this week for me. It would Be nice to retire at 35 lol 😂

chupp n bloomer fan
05-22-2018, 07:21 AM
樂?? Look into the crystal ball and get the winning power ball numbers for this week for me. It would Be nice to retire at 35 lol Somebody in NJ won the $300 mill. Oh, and yes, I’d retire. Even if it was the base $35-40 mill or whatever.

Josh Bayko
05-22-2018, 09:21 AM
He's having a wonderful season for sure, and his nearest contemporaries have had some bad luck to this point, so it's amplified how good his season is going.

But Bloomer, Richards, and a rejuvenated EPJ aren't going to just concede and make it easy for JD.

And if we're talking the crown jewels that will have lots of guys from both tours on them, Madden is also having a killer season.

Kwd1253
05-22-2018, 10:15 AM
AMBurke1118 Got disagree with you on your statement. Some people connect lot better with each other. Rumley and jd make really good paring. Madden and b.w. Made better paring than j.d. and jimmy. But if you going say that, b.shepp nothing with out mark.

Mindwalker
05-22-2018, 10:35 AM
All they need is another Rumley device.

You know it! Even ss himself could have the same results with one.

Kwd1253
05-22-2018, 12:14 PM
CnB What lucky person that was. 35 million would be great too. I’ll take 5 million after tax’s and be super happy living a really easy retirement. Long as I can go fishing 2 or 3 times a month lol.

Kwd1253
05-22-2018, 12:16 PM
You know it! Even ss himself could have the same results with one.

Do you really want hear C.J. Rayburn cry 😭😭 all over again.

Illtsate32
05-22-2018, 01:37 PM
AMBurke1118 Got disagree with you on your statement. Some people connect lot better with each other. Rumley and jd make really good paring. Madden and b.w. Made better paring than j.d. and jimmy. But if you going say that, b.shepp nothing with out mark.

Ya B Shepp not the same without the house car, does he have a durham in the b5? Maybe he signed a contract that he doesnt get intellectual support for his own stuff lol jk jk guys...but for real combo means alot now days just great driving dont cut it we seen how B Shepp did at deer creek without the 1...

TerryM
05-22-2018, 03:37 PM
Talk to me in October.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-22-2018, 03:39 PM

And you kwd are no good w/o litey!😂🤣

CarolinaDirt
05-22-2018, 05:13 PM
If anyone can drive it why didn't Lanigan hire Kevin full time when he was setting it up for him last year during speedweeks ? What about GR Smith he was at the test session and turned the same laps in the same 49 car at Charlotte . Why were his laps not faster or at least the same as JDs ?

Kevin is a genius , but some of these statements discrediting JDs driving ability and that quote anyone can drive it are just ridiculous .

Point blank they work well together .

chupp n bloomer fan
05-22-2018, 05:46 PM
Ya B Shepp not the same without the house car, does he have a durham in the b5? Maybe he signed a contract that he doesnt get intellectual support for his own stuff lol jk jk guys...but for real combo means alot now days just great driving dont cut it we seen how B Shepp did at deer creek without the 1...In defense of BShepp sorta, I’m guessing his personal stuff doesn’t get the same fine tooth comb as Mark’s stuff. But, if he runs some Summer Nats stuff and runs crappy in the B5, I’m with ya.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-22-2018, 05:47 PM
But, he landed that 1 ride because of what he did in the B5 so there’s that.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-22-2018, 05:52 PM
If anyone can drive it why didn't Lanigan hire Kevin full time when he was setting it up for him last year during speedweeks ? What about GR Smith he was at the test session and turned the same laps in the same 49 car at Charlotte . Why were his laps not faster or at least the same as JDs ?

Kevin is a genius , but some of these statements discrediting JDs driving ability and that quote anyone can drive it are just ridiculous .

Point blank they work well together .Because I think Lanigan just wanted Kevin consulting with the chance to lead into a partnership, and they just did not clique. Whether it was personalities, set ups, chassis design, who knows.

If GR wasn’t within a tenth or two, definitely got a point there.

I think they are a perfect pairing, JD isn’t as good without Kevin, and I don’t think Kevin would get the same results with another driver. They are like Chad Knaus-Jimmie Johnson, Ray Evernham-Jeff Gordon.

Clayton_Wetter
05-22-2018, 06:40 PM
I can't wait for Part #3, Trail to the Demise!!! hahahahahahaaaa

#49superman!
05-22-2018, 07:56 PM
Top 2015???? I doubt it, not in our lifetime anyway.

Mindwalker
05-22-2018, 08:35 PM
I can't wait for Part #3, Trail to the Demise!!! hahahahahahaaaa

I've been telling them to get ready for that. I dont think they are tho😀...

Swampy121
05-22-2018, 10:23 PM
I've been telling them to get ready for that. I dont think they are tho...

When JD runs into a slump, it's gonna hit his fans pretty hard. They are pretty excited from his turnaround from last year

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-22-2018, 10:43 PM
I've been telling them to get ready for that. I dont think they are tho...

Were strong and were ready but then again the orange spoiler was going to come off the 49. Its funny that the point are not going in your favor there OLE CHAP!😎😁

Mindwalker
05-22-2018, 11:31 PM
49? Your chromosome count? "😝" Hahahahahahahaha

Zonks32x
05-23-2018, 01:13 AM
Zonks, if you really pay attention to the races JD has won this year, many of them have been from him conserving tires and knowing when to work high and when to dive low. He really is maturing as a driver and not just banging up equipment to win races. Even this past Saturday, JD said he knew Bobby was going to pull a slider on turn 4, so he eased off the throttle going low and used his momentum to build speed to finish ahead at the line. The guy has learned quite a bit.

Since you brought up paying attention...my exact words were "at times his car pays the price."

Not sure how YOU got..."not just banging up equipment to win races'" from that???

I've been around here long enough that everyone knows I don't speak in code.

If I thought JD was a hack who just drives over people and tears up cars week in and week out, I would've said as much.

I said "at times" JD's car pays the price and that statement is 100% accurate. It's why all you superman fans love JD to begin with, because he's not afraid to drive it like he stole it when he needs to.

Should be fun watching JD, Richards, and Bloomer wear each other out for the "ship."

Hopefully, you JD fans and Bloomer fans can take time out from your infinite pi$$ing match to enjoy the ride.

Centeroff
05-23-2018, 05:33 AM
Wonder if they will make a headline when the zero opens shop on his azz during the dry slick and rubbered up summer months? I can see it now! Superman’s historic run crashed when swallowed by a goat! He isn’t beating Bloomquist this year and I’m taking all bets. Please send all bet request to my PM. I prefer cash bets but would gladly spot SS the 305 point lead for a bet of whoever loses can never look at, login or post on this board again. Let’s see who thinks this historic run BS is real?!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-23-2018, 12:37 PM
Just put me on ignore

Mindwalker
05-23-2018, 01:00 PM
When JD runs into a slump, it's gonna hit his fans pretty hard. They are pretty excited from his turnaround from last year

I keep telling then to get ready.... What else can I do? Lmao!!!!!

B_K
05-23-2018, 01:17 PM
Don't need to PM, I've got $500 on the 49 winning the championship. You want it?

Pennsboro23
05-23-2018, 01:18 PM
Centeroff, I'll take the bet.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-23-2018, 02:35 PM
Centeroff, I'll take the bet.

Centeroff is a rachet jaw. He wont take the bet.

MI Dirt Fan
05-23-2018, 02:55 PM
Centeroff is a rachet jaw. He wont take the bet.

You wouldn't take the one last year or the year before I offered you.

Centeroff
05-23-2018, 03:25 PM
How you want to pay? I prefer Walmart money gram.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-23-2018, 03:35 PM
Centeroff, I'll take the bet.What’s the bet, he is on my ignore/ignorance list?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-23-2018, 03:44 PM
You wouldn't take the one last year or the year before I offered you.

Refresh my memory as i truly forgot. That doesnt meen i will bet but i would like to know what it was.

Illtsate32
05-23-2018, 04:13 PM
CnB Centeroff is taking all bets hes says Bloomer will comeback and win the Lucas title...

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-23-2018, 04:28 PM
Centeroff is blowing smoking guys!

Centeroff
05-23-2018, 04:35 PM
All bets. I will be in Portsmouth at DTWC or Walmart money gram. If you welch bets or are tight on cash please do not bet. SS if I won’t bet, let’s have a friendly never post again on 4m bet. That way if you lose we can see if your a man of your word or all mouth? You want it?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-23-2018, 04:43 PM
I dont use money gram. I am a man of my word. You can just pay me cash and I wont post on here again but then what will you do on here?

Mindwalker
05-23-2018, 05:16 PM
Hahahahahahahaha.... Man? Hahahaha oooooh my gawd!!!! Of his word?? Haaaaaaa hahahahaha..... I've heard it all 😆

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-23-2018, 05:33 PM
Hahahahahahahaha.... Man? Hahahaha oooooh my gawd!!!! Of his word?? Haaaaaaa hahahahaha..... I've heard it all 

Hee hee hee hee hee 😉😉

Dont judge me by ALL my posts

Centeroff
05-23-2018, 05:46 PM
How much you want SS?

chupp n bloomer fan
05-23-2018, 06:05 PM
CnB Centeroff is taking all bets hes says Bloomer will comeback and win the Lucas title...I’m a Bloomer fan, but also realistic. I think the points will end up JD, EPJ, Josh, Bloomer, Pierce, and then TMac.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-23-2018, 06:30 PM
How much you want SS?

That would make ur day to send me cash.

Im not cheap by no means so dig deep MY GUY!😲

B_K
05-23-2018, 06:34 PM
How much you want SS?

You good with my $500?

#FALSuperman
05-23-2018, 06:42 PM
Since you brought up paying attention...my exact words were "at times his car pays the price."Not sure how YOU got..."not just banging up equipment to win races'" from that???I've been around here long enough that everyone knows I don't speak in code.If I thought JD was a hack who just drives over people and tears up cars week in and week out, I would've said as much.I said "at times" JD's car pays the price and that statement is 100% accurate. It's why all you superman fans love JD to begin with, because he's not afraid to drive it like he stole it when he needs to.Should be fun watching JD, Richards, and Bloomer wear each other out for the "ship."Hopefully, you JD fans and Bloomer fans can take time out from your infinite pi$$ing match to enjoy the ride.It's all good...I wasn't directing in an aggressive nature about your post. He does hit the RR still when needed lol. As far as p*ssing matches, I don't really get too far into that. If you look at my posts, I have no problem acknowledging when someone is driving well, or on a hot streak. Right now it's JD. As far as others talking about his sure demise, I think that would be short lived with not much longevity. The Landers team will be together for quite a while and they most always adjust well when needed.

#FALSuperman
05-23-2018, 06:47 PM
C&B, I'm pretty happy for EPJ...he's having a nice comeback year so far!

Centeroff
05-23-2018, 07:06 PM
It’s a bet if you want it B_k

B_K
05-23-2018, 07:14 PM
I probably won't be at the DTWC, but I'll make sure you get paid if I lose.

I'm not even that big a fan of the guy, but he's good, that equipment is good, and his crew is good. I like the odds.

Illtsate32
05-23-2018, 07:25 PM
While Centers statement is a VERY bold one, I will back him up with how people like to jump to conclusions this early in a very long grinding season, (I am guilty of it too), but it will be a monsterous feat to accomplish by anybody with the lead he has and showing not many if any weaknesses up to this point...

a25rjr
05-23-2018, 07:32 PM
Bloomers like Bob Baffert, always in the hunt!

Bloomer by a nose!....guaranteed!

B_K
05-23-2018, 07:36 PM
While Centers statement is a VERY bold one, I will back him up with how people like to jump to conclusions this early in a very long grinding season, (I am guilty of it too), but it will be a monsterous feat to accomplish by anybody with the lead he has and showing not many if any weaknesses up to this point...

True, but I'm not really jumping to conclusions. I'm playing odds. I would not have made the bet at the start of the year, but with a 300 point lead going into Memorial Day, I like it.

Really don't think 49 comes close to repeating 2015 down the stretch. That was the best season in modern history. He doesn't have to repeat it. Just has to be no worse than approximately 60 spots behind anyone.

It's called gambling so I could win or lose. Either way is fun and will make for more personal interest in the Lucas shows.

I have serious doubts I'll see a penny if I win though.

Illtsate32
05-23-2018, 07:49 PM
True, but I'm not really jumping to conclusions. I'm playing odds. I would not have made the bet at the start of the year, but with a 300 point lead going into Memorial Day, I like it.

Really don't think 49 comes close to repeating 2015 down the stretch. That was the best season in modern history. He doesn't have to repeat it. Just has to be no worse than approximately 60 spots behind anyone.

It's called gambling so I could win or lose. Either way is fun and will make for more personal interest in the Lucas shows.

I have serious doubts I'll see a penny if I win though.

I wasnt singling anybody out bk, and no I think your bet is gold...he could sputter down the stretch and someone would still have to have one heck of a hot streak goin to catch him...

Mindwalker
05-23-2018, 07:50 PM
Y'all beleave in the tooth fairy thinking jd gonna get the title! Lmao

Mindwalker
05-23-2018, 07:53 PM
Bloomers like Bob Baffert, always in the hunt!

Bloomer by a nose!....guaranteed!

You maybe should have kept his nose out of this one. 😏

B_K
05-23-2018, 07:55 PM
I wasnt singling anybody out bk, and no I think your bet is gold...he could sputter down the stretch and someone would still have to have one heck of a hot streak goin to catch him...

Didn't feel singled out, just explaining my take. I didn't mean to quote you on the response.

Either way, I've done dumber things that cost more, so there's that.

Centeroff
05-23-2018, 08:00 PM
B_k has balls. Good man

a25rjr
05-23-2018, 08:03 PM
You maybe should have kept his nose out of this one. 

I actually didn't realize the pun.....until now!

Bloomer by a _________!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-23-2018, 08:14 PM
B_k has balls. Good man

You going to have to get a 2nd job to pay all ur 4m bets. Good luck!

Centeroff
05-23-2018, 08:38 PM
SS, you really are clueless

Clayton_Wetter
05-23-2018, 09:07 PM
SS is digging into his Monopoly Set to get him some cash!!!!! hahahahahaaaaa

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-23-2018, 09:19 PM
SS is digging into his Monopoly Set to get him some cash!!!!! hahahahahaaaaa

My house is wallpapered in $100 bills

a25rjr
05-23-2018, 09:42 PM
My house is wallpapered in $100 bills

Them videos , with you and the animals, paid off.....huhh! :)

Centeroff
05-23-2018, 10:28 PM
That’s how SS got started in dirt racing a25rjr. He heard there was going to be a going to be a goat at the track that weekend. He got all prettied up and BOOM, it was Bloomquist. That’s why he hates him until this day. He wears high water boots and pits their hind legs in them so they can’t get away lol

MI Dirt Fan
05-24-2018, 08:53 AM
Ya B Shepp not the same without the house car, does he have a durham in the b5? Maybe he signed a contract that he doesnt get intellectual support for his own stuff lol jk jk guys...but for real combo means alot now days just great driving dont cut it we seen how B Shepp did at deer creek without the 1...
This dude said he has me blocked someone tell him the family owned ride had a pro power when he won in Arizona to answer his question. Don't know if they always run Pro Power though but that's what they had then.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-24-2018, 09:05 AM
C&B, I'm pretty happy for EPJ...he's having a nice comeback year so far!He sure is.

Mindwalker
05-24-2018, 09:49 AM
SS, you really are clueless

Took you a while but you're catching on. Or was that a monthy reminder? 😂

Clayton_Wetter
05-24-2018, 12:51 PM
Them videos , with you and the animals, paid off.....huhh! :)

Oh my!!! The secret is out!!!!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-24-2018, 12:59 PM
Oh my!!! The secret is out!!!!

No thats a25rjr fantasy