PDA

View Full Version : World of Outlaws IRacing

racincowboy02
05-22-2018, 04:29 AM
Have Yall seen the iracing world of outlaws series they are doing

Trax53
05-22-2018, 07:38 AM
Yeah its pretty awesome to watch! Kevin Dedmon out of Shelby, NC is in the series. He is supposed to be teaming up with Chris Ferguson and his his sponsors to bring real sponsorship to the Series. This is the big time in DIRT sim racing. $1000 purse every other Monday night.

MRM
05-22-2018, 09:02 AM
I'd like to play that sometime, bit not against other people. Seems like most take it too serious.

Josh Bayko
05-22-2018, 09:08 AM
I'd like to play that sometime, bit not against other people. Seems like most take it too serious.

There's no AI for iRacing. I'd take plunge if I could race AI too. I play games to escape reality.

huskerdirt
05-22-2018, 09:19 AM

I played a few times with online racers. Most are pretty cool as long as you try to be courteous and not wreck half the field. I have encountered some that take it way to serious and need to chill.

huskerdirt
05-22-2018, 09:21 AM
There's no AI for iRacing. I'd take plunge if I could race AI too. I play games to escape reality.

Word on the street is Iracing is looking at putting AI in the game to help newcomers get there feet wet. Supposedly you’ll be able to do a weekly track or a series. I’m all for it.

dch191
05-22-2018, 09:37 AM

They’re working on putting AI into iracing. There’s also a feature that you can use to drive as a ghost car. It’s great when your first learning to get a feel for running with other cars and not having any consequences

Josh Bayko
05-22-2018, 09:49 AM
Well that’s cool that they’re working towards AI. I’ll probanly get into it then. I just really much prefer playing single player games.

00Hdmn
05-22-2018, 10:54 AM
I agree Bayko, I Sim raced for a year and I would be so frustrated because the guys that are really good I was consistently .2 off their time no matter what I did and then if you didn't race with that caliber of drivers people were idiots and it became not fun at all. AI would make that game amazing.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-22-2018, 05:59 PM
I agree Bayko, I Sim raced for a year and I would be so frustrated because the guys that are really good I was consistently .2 off their time no matter what I did and then if you didn't race with that caliber of drivers people were idiots and it became not fun at all. AI would make that game amazing.Seat time, set ups, wheel configuration, I mean what some of these people have is insane. The sim racing I’ve done, be courteous, don’t be dirty, and don’t take no crap. I pitched my wheel to force me to buy a new Logitech wheel, but I don’t have the time to play. And then IRacing isn’t cheap. Not crazy, but it’s an investment that if you don’t have the time to put into it, it’s a waste.

racincowboy02
05-23-2018, 01:43 AM
I want to sim race but don't really know how to get into it i have a decent computer but the wheel and stuff like that is what i don't know anything about. I think it would be a blast and something my oldest son would be pretty freaking good at

I game on my PS4 all the time when im not working but that is a bit different than the iracing

00Hdmn
05-23-2018, 08:20 AM
I want to sim race but don't really know how to get into it i have a decent computer but the wheel and stuff like that is what i don't know anything about. I think it would be a blast and something my oldest son would be pretty freaking good at

I game on my PS4 all the time when im not working but that is a bit different than the iracing

Its not hard to get set up its just really expensive for everything IMO, if you look on Iracing's website they will give you the requirements for your PC and just do some reviews on Wheels and your playing. I have a G29 Logitech and it seems pretty good. I do think it matters if you have a higher quality wheel. Then you just need to practice a bunch, I have turned thousands of laps and I am still .2 off the fastest guys with an open setup. I do contend when its a fix set.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-23-2018, 03:57 PM
Its not hard to get set up its just really expensive for everything IMO, if you look on Iracing's website they will give you the requirements for your PC and just do some reviews on Wheels and your playing. I have a G29 Logitech and it seems pretty good. I do think it matters if you have a higher quality wheel. Then you just need to practice a bunch, I have turned thousands of laps and I am still .2 off the fastest guys with an open setup. I do contend when its a fix set.When I get a wheel, that is the one I am buying. It was as low as $267 on Amazon at one time.

allthegoodnamesaretaken
05-23-2018, 08:54 PM
CnB keep your eye on amazon. Got my G29 for $199. Also the g29 does not come with a shifter, but the shifter can usually be picked up for less than $40.

WWilliams52
05-23-2018, 11:09 PM
How hard do you guys think it would be to get into contact with someone that runs the event? Im esports/sponsorship savvy and could really help it out.

racincowboy02
05-24-2018, 03:20 AM
Yea I will definitely get to looking on iracings website and check the specs and get me a wheel can you design your own cars with paint schemes are they pretty generic on that part

00Hdmn
05-24-2018, 07:38 AM
Yea I will definitely get to looking on iracings website and check the specs and get me a wheel can you design your own cars with paint schemes are they pretty generic on that part

If you are good with paint programs you can design your own or you can select real paint schemes that other people have made. Just download trading paints.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-24-2018, 07:56 AM
CnB keep your eye on amazon. Got my G29 for $199. Also the g29 does not come with a shifter, but the shifter can usually be picked up for less than $40.Thanks man. I think I seen that too. Just the time factor.

Kryptonite17
05-26-2018, 02:15 PM
Would love to see more people with a true love of dirt late models get into iracing! I joined in November 2017. Just after dirt came out. It is awesome and addicting. I have worked my way to a high A class license with multiple feature wins and have never had my hands on a race car. I recommend anyone who has ever wanted to test your skills on a track to try and join. While you will need a decent PC and good internet speed you can get a wheel and pedals for under $200. So while you'll have to spend some cash to get going just look at it this way.. it's a lot cheaper than buying a race car! Anyone with questions about iRacing can inbox me or reply here, happy to help!