PDA

View Full Version : LaSalle Lucas race cancelled

MI Dirt Fan
05-23-2018, 01:58 PM
Tony Izzo Jr. told Lucas officials today it will have to be cancelled

TheJet-09
05-23-2018, 01:58 PM
http://lucasdirt.com/news/latest-news/salute-the-troops-75-at-lasalle-speedway-canceled

TheJet-09
05-23-2018, 02:00 PM
That stinks, I was looking forward to that one.

dirt crow
05-23-2018, 02:05 PM
Perfect opportunity for volunteer, brownstown, or batesville to have make up races

weaver1st
05-23-2018, 02:17 PM
Fairbury should rescedule the FALS Frenzy for that Weekend.

huskerdirt
05-23-2018, 02:21 PM
Shocking..... I tell ya.

Shiny Side Up 18
05-23-2018, 03:15 PM
This explains why he was upset about people not buying advanced tickets, they probably couldn't put up the purse without a lot of advanced ticket sales. Sounds like they bit off more than they could chew. Too bad.

brsteg
05-23-2018, 03:15 PM
They should make up the Salute to the Troops 75 race at Florence Speedway the Mon. and Tuesday of North South 100 week.. just because that seems to be how things work now. If Easy Bay can run six in a row, then Josh has this no problem.

WisWildManFan
05-23-2018, 03:37 PM
Guess I'll be heading to FALS and Wilmot for woo sprints now

HoosierDirtFan
05-23-2018, 03:44 PM
Shocking..... I tell ya.

For some one who's never been there or even have a clue the hard work Tony puts into the track you sure have shot off your mouth about Tony and the facility you probably know nothing about over the last year or so.

huskerdirt
05-23-2018, 03:56 PM
For some one who's never been there or even have a clue the hard work Tony puts into the track you sure have shot off your mouth about Tony and the facility you probably know nothing about over the last year or so.

Tony talks, I listen. Some of you(including yourself) should start listening and stop forming a bias opinion against anyone that thinks differently. I’ve never gone after anyone for what they think of Izzo. You seem pretty quick and isolated with trigger finger.

Hard work don’t mean crap if you play games with sanctioning bodies, say your track of e gonna close if the now cancelled race doesn’t do well, all while pointing the fingers at everybody else for the track short comings.

brsteg
05-23-2018, 03:58 PM
Well I could be wrong, but blaming improvement projects as reason to cancel makes it sounds to me that they didn't have the money to cover the purse.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-23-2018, 03:59 PM
Well said husker. Watch who you are trying to run over, they might just be higher up on the food chain than you.

Zonks32x
05-23-2018, 04:43 PM
Well...that's unfortunate.

Wonder if Deer Creek or 141 would be interested in a quick turn around and having them back. They just packed the house at both tracks.

I-80 maybe? Or one of the Iowa tracks?

MI Dirt Fan
05-23-2018, 05:00 PM
Well I could be wrong, but blaming improvement projects as reason to cancel makes it sounds to me that they didn't have the money to cover the purse.

I think that had to do with the rant of people not buying advanced tickets.

SHOE32
05-23-2018, 05:30 PM
So where does that leave us advance ticket buyers Tony?

Pennsboro23
05-23-2018, 05:55 PM
I agree with Husker on this one. From everything I’ve heard, Tony has blamed everyone but himself. Even if he’s right, it’s just a bad look.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-23-2018, 06:00 PM
So where does that leave us advance ticket buyers Tony?In the article. Contact the track and you’ll get a full refund.

dufusjoe
05-23-2018, 06:12 PM
Sure will make a good deal for 411 and Volunteer.

Shiny Side Up 18
05-23-2018, 06:16 PM
So why couldn't he just change it to the standard $12,000 60 lapper? Not trying to start anything, just curious.

MUD MAESTRO
05-23-2018, 06:36 PM
Just a simple statement.......Wish Tony, the Izzo family and La Salle speedway the best of finacial health in the years to come.

GEAR_HEAD
05-23-2018, 06:53 PM
The shame of it is a lot of tracks would have loved to have those dates. It's a wasted weekend now.

MI Dirt Fan
05-23-2018, 07:01 PM
The shame of it is a lot of tracks would have loved to have those dates. It's a wasted weekend now.

Especially with all the rainouts and cancellations

cgrace
05-23-2018, 07:27 PM
So why couldn't he just change it to the standard $12,000 60 lapper? Not trying to start anything, just curious.ditto with this. We'd all be there. It is hard to always have to buy tickets in advance.

zyoung25
05-23-2018, 07:35 PM
I doubt some the lucas guys will complain. The ones from the south and east will be able to come home after the show me and regroup for the dream.

SHOE32
05-23-2018, 07:36 PM
Thanks chupp n bloomer fan

Illtsate32
05-23-2018, 07:38 PM
Right on husker I seen on another site someone get shouted down just for asking a simple question, got told to shut up and be happy theres still a track to race at..smh I dont like this fall in line, follow the herd mentality, nothing wrong with thinking differently and outside the box we want the best product we can get...

CnB I dont know the details but your right idk if its right or wrong, but sometimes in life you half to swallow ur pride...

And Deer Creek maybe for a makeup...

Shiny Side Up 18
05-23-2018, 07:47 PM
ditto with this. We'd all be there. It is hard to always have to buy tickets in advance.I don't like to buy advanced/reserved because I like to sit with friends. I don't like being forced to sit in a specific seat and not be able to sit with friends. It isn't a money thing for me personally.

dirtyboy
05-23-2018, 07:55 PM
Does anyone think that the reason Mr. Izzo had trouble selling advanced tickets is:

$25 for Friday-
$35 for Saturday-

Less than 2 weeks away from the event and he hadn't posted a schedule of events for either day.

I for one would like to know what I am paying $25 to see on Friday night. Any Late Model Feature? He stated UMP mods...what was it $800 to win UMP Mods?

I am convinced he wanted to get a big crowd up there Friday for $25 a pop and very little $$ going back out. $35 for the 25k to win Saturday= count me in!

Obviously it wasn't working real well so he pulled the plug.

WisWildManFan
05-23-2018, 08:54 PM
Track will be closed soon.

huskerdirt
05-23-2018, 08:56 PM
A couple of things about buying advance tickets.

One is that you really don’t get a deal by the time you add in processing and handling fees. I got my SDN tickets and campsites. Even though the track offered a “deal” when buying in advance. By the time I paid, I was out $6 more than if I waited till the day of to purchase all that stuff. Outside of the World, Knoxville Nationals, Florence and maybe gateway. There’s not a darn track in the country that should offer advance tickets. Absolutely no need for it.

Another is there’s no guarantee that the race will happen. Rock concerts and such sell out because 99.9% of the time the concert will go on as scheduled. Especially in an arena, so weather can’t play a factor. Even if the track cancels and refunds money. You are still out those process and handling fees.

huskerdirt
05-23-2018, 09:24 PM
Right on husker I seen on another site someone get shouted down just for asking a simple question, got told to shut up and be happy theres still a track to race at..smh I dont like this fall in line, follow the herd mentality, nothing wrong with thinking differently and outside the box we want the best product we can get...

CnB I dont know the details but your right idk if its right or wrong, but sometimes in life you half to swallow ur pride...

I have nothing against Mr Izzo at all. I’ve never wished his events or that LaSalle would fail.

The paper trail leading to this race being cancelled and LaSalles demise is right in front of everybody. Nobody but Tony put it on front street. I’ve never heard a promoter say if X race doesn’t do well. We might have to close up. But hey we are making facility improvements. That literally makes no sense.

IIRC, Lucas makes you show that you can guarantee the purse 7 days out. Anybody wanna guess what today is?

And not to rehash the Richards deal. Once the promoter agrees to let X series come to his track. Then it becomes the series show and you follow there rules/lineups/procedures.

huskerdirt
05-23-2018, 09:27 PM

Yes there seems to great deal of falling in line on this board regarding certain topics. A lot of people love Izzo and a lot of those seem people absolutely hate UMP. I do find comical how bad the bias is between those two.

HoosierDirtFan
05-23-2018, 10:33 PM
Track will be closed soon.

Let's hope that's not the case.

Centeroff
05-23-2018, 10:35 PM
I agree with shiny side up. Be a good weekend for the 50k modified race to reschedule also

intel8
05-23-2018, 11:54 PM
Big chance for Farley! I agree with Wildman, track looks doomed!

#49superman!
05-25-2018, 04:04 PM
ouch, quite a blow to him and the track's reputation.