PDA

View Full Version : EVERYONE needs to watch MavTv tonight for the future of DLM racing

mccreadiefan39
05-26-2018, 12:48 PM
Any chance for our favorite sport to grow tonight has to be a success and by success I mean a good TV ratings number. I don't care if you don't have a favorite driver or you don't like the Lucas series, if you have MavTv you have to watch for the future of DLM racing. If you are not going to be home tonight leave your tv on and make sure it is on MavTv so you are counted in the ratings.

MavTv is in 62 million homes in America so dirt late model racing has a huge opportunity tonight to grow the sport.

jwel
05-26-2018, 12:53 PM
Plus you'll see the awesome production we have watched on Lucas Oil TV the last 2 nights. The racing had been awesome and the coverage has matched it. Lucas Oil has done an awesome job all the way around with this event.

153J
05-26-2018, 01:09 PM
https://jalopnik.com/how-tv-ratings-work-1795820157

smoothoperator32
05-26-2018, 01:24 PM
Any chance for our favorite sport to grow tonight has to be a success and by success I mean a good TV ratings number. I don't care if you don't have a favorite driver or you don't like the Lucas series, if you have MavTv you have to watch for the future of DLM racing. If you are not going to be home tonight leave your tv on and make sure it is on MavTv so you are counted in the ratings.

MavTv is in 62 million homes in America so dirt late model racing has a huge opportunity tonight to grow the sport.

What channel is it on i got dish network

MI Dirt Fan
05-26-2018, 01:25 PM
Guess I'm not one of the lucky 62 million.

dirt crow
05-26-2018, 01:28 PM
Called my cable provider this morning. Had MavTV added.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-26-2018, 01:32 PM
I liked dlm racing better when it was undiscovered by money and tv.

Krooser
05-26-2018, 01:34 PM
https://www.huntthefrontblog.com/single-post/2018/05/25/Rained-Out-Good-News-the-Show-Me-100-Will-Air-Live-on-Television-Saturday-Night

castone
05-26-2018, 01:39 PM
If I turn all the TVS in the house on MAVTV will that help, or do they just count one tv per household?

huskerdirt
05-26-2018, 01:44 PM

One day, I hope people understand it’s not always about how many people watch it live on TV. The entire world could be watching and it won’t make any difference for our sport.

Thanks Forest for putting the race on your network.

MI Dirt Fan
05-26-2018, 01:49 PM
62 million is still only like 5% of the population

smoothoperator32
05-26-2018, 02:14 PM
just called dish they dont carry mavtv. Unless lucas oil tv opens the broadcast for free i will be checking race-monitor

Mindwalker
05-26-2018, 02:20 PM
Yes, everone stay home tonight, watch tv and wonder why the sport might passably be dying. Smh and lol.....

champion24
05-26-2018, 02:41 PM
I liked dlm racing better when it was undiscovered by money and tv.

Really??? TV (especially LIVE tv) is huge for our sport! Assuming everyone on here are dirt fans (maybe to differing degrees) how could you think this is worse?! If you don't go to the track, you wouldn't know what happens and certainly not SEE it! Many of us can't get to races all over the country and LOVE tv and PPV coverage!

No_Weak_Links
05-26-2018, 02:46 PM
You can't even pay extra for MAVTV with Dish....they don't offer it at all

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-26-2018, 03:11 PM
Really??? TV (especially LIVE tv) is huge for our sport! Assuming everyone on here are dirt fans (maybe to differing degrees) how could you think this is worse?! If you don't go to the track, you wouldn't know what happens and certainly not SEE it! Many of us can't get to races all over the country and LOVE tv and PPV coverage!

The problem with the sport is folks don't support their weekly tracks. That is where racers and fans are born. I also enjoyed the days of 200 cars at Eldora. I miss the days when Tennessee and Georgia had late models. I miss when the factory worker had a late model. I miss when 4 or 5 of the top 50 racers in the country could be found on a regular Saturday night at a place like Brownstown, Indiana. I miss when winning your local track championship took more than showing up every week with a new XR1.

Dlm racing is on life support.

reid boys
05-26-2018, 03:37 PM
Tv is going to help, the more people that watch the more likely companies are going to spend money to advertise with a track or a dirt late model team. If you want more people to attend local races what better way to do it than but a big race on TV. Mavtv has a lot of different forms of Motorsports on it the best way to get new people to the sport is by having it on a channel like mavtv where people already like Motorsports thus more likely to try to get to a dirt track close to them.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-26-2018, 03:41 PM
Tv is going to help, the more people that watch the more likely companies are going to spend money to advertise with a track or a dirt late model team. If you want more people to attend local races what better way to do it than but a big race on TV. Mavtv has a lot of different forms of Motorsports on it the best way to get new people to the sport is by having it on a channel like mavtv where people already like Motorsports thus more likely to try to get to a dirt track close to them.

The tv watchers only go to Lucas shows.

Shiny Side Up 18
05-26-2018, 03:45 PM
The problem with the sport is folks don't support their weekly tracks. That is where racers and fans are born. I also enjoyed the days of 200 cars at Eldora. I miss the days when Tennessee and Georgia had late models. I miss when the factory worker had a late model. I miss when 4 or 5 of the top 50 racers in the country could be found on a regular Saturday night at a place like Brownstown, Indiana. I miss when winning your local track championship took more than showing up every week with a new XR1.Dlm racing is on life support.Weekly LM racing will soon be a thing of the past, other than a few strongholds like FALS or Senoia. Costs are out of control, and the average person simply can't afford to stay competitive. There's too much engineering and NASCAR technology trickle down. TV is not the problem, especially when we are seeing record crowds at special events. SLM racing is almost entirely a special event/touring class today.

huskerdirt
05-26-2018, 03:46 PM
The problem with the sport is folks don't support their weekly tracks. That is where racers and fans are born. I also enjoyed the days of 200 cars at Eldora. I miss the days when Tennessee and Georgia had late models. I miss when the factory worker had a late model. I miss when 4 or 5 of the top 50 racers in the country could be found on a regular Saturday night at a place like Brownstown, Indiana. I miss when winning your local track championship took more than showing up every week with a new XR1.

Dlm racing is on life support.

I completely agree with you. Great post.

dirt crow
05-26-2018, 03:58 PM
It’s rare supers are on live. I can’t be in Wheatland this weekend, so I’m glad. I’m gonna watch and enjoy.

a25rjr
05-26-2018, 04:36 PM
I thought.....all publicity was GOOD publicity.....no?

TDRacin®
05-26-2018, 04:51 PM
Here's an idea- Go out to your local pub/restaurant and have them put the race on one of their TV's! Grab the attention of people who have no idea it even exists!!

gorj
05-26-2018, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the info

oldracer0
05-27-2018, 12:11 AM
Thought it was greatWay to far to make it to the race but it was great to watch it liveHope they do more live eventsHate it for Owens but glad to see the 0 win it

3 wide
05-27-2018, 07:14 AM
Well for the first time on live tv you would think they would try to stay close to schedule wish was 7 to 10 not 7 to 1130 or 12.

thexfactor0210
05-27-2018, 07:58 AM
The event ran way too late for a live event. No one wants to sit there for 5 hours. One of the problems with our sport shined through. Shame on the staff for the lack of hustle

dirt crow
05-27-2018, 08:04 AM
Correct. Way too long. I fell asleep lap 80ish.

Highside Hustler25
05-27-2018, 08:14 AM
Someone shared the internet link and I got to see the last 30 laps. Very well done Lucas Oil TV. Wish my local cable provider offered MAV TV, but they don't.

GregA12
05-27-2018, 08:39 AM
The event ran way too late for a live event. No one wants to sit there for 5 hours. One of the problems with our sport shined through. Shame on the staff for the lack of hustle

Thought the broadcast quality was outstanding and obviously the facility there made that easier. Really enjoyed that. Agree the officials at the track sort of dropped the ball on time management though. That long intermission before the Late Model Amain being one of the examples.

3 wide
05-27-2018, 08:45 AM
Just like a lot of race tracks lets drag it out just as long as we can it don't matter that it's live tv they are killing the sport and don't realize it.

huskerdirt
05-27-2018, 08:57 AM

Agree. This race didn’t do any favors for the let’s get dirt racing on live tv crowd. Last night was no different than any other show me 100 Saturday night finale. If they wanna do live tv in the future, maybe just go live for the A main. You can put it in a 2 hour window, do some pre race and post race interviews. It doesn’t matter how you slice it. These 100 lappers take an hour to run.

mskdorf
05-27-2018, 09:05 AM
Recorded a full hour after the scheduled time and only got to see 15 laps of feature. I was ticked. Too much down time. Lesson learned. I will DVR 3 extra hours next time.

kazual
05-27-2018, 09:17 AM
Had questions would a live broadcast hinder the gate attendance. Been to most of the Show Mes over the years, looked to be one of the biggest crowds I recall. Number of people outside the first and second turn railing and sitting in the grass on the inside was largest ever.

Lennylinda
05-27-2018, 09:36 AM
I watch and was very impressed by the quality of the broadcast. This can only add cars and fans to local tracks. TV gives new fans a chance to see now exciting dirt racing is. I will support all dirt racing on TV.

Late_Model_Mark
05-27-2018, 10:34 AM
Enjoyed the races on Mav. Nice production as well. Ran over time but I watched till the end. Just really grate full that DLM's were on live.

Late Model Mark
TST Announcer