PDA

View Full Version : Opinion: It's time for minimum age requirements in full size cars.

Shiny Side Up 18
05-27-2018, 03:42 AM
During Saturday's Crate feature at Fairbury, a 13 year old driver (that shall remain nameless) spun out, and was sent to the rear. The driver is stopped on the track by a track official, who is at the front of the car. The driver then lets the car roll, bulldozing the official out of the way and nearly running him over. The driver is then black flagged, goes to the infield, then drives back onto the track as the feature restarts, causing another driver to collide with him and spin out. The driver then drives through the infield, nearly hitting several track workers, then finally leaves the track. Then his crew leaves the track on the 4-wheeler, flipping off the crowd. The driver was promptly banned from the track, probably for life. Then his mother comes into the stands and trys to start a fight with those of us that were upset by what we had just witnessed. I was furious, to say the least. This kind of crap is the last thing our sport needs, since these are the kinds of incidents that tend to find their way into the "mainstream" news (i.e. Stewart/Ward Jr.), and not the racing product itself. I know there are some good kids driving race cars out there, but as the saying goes, one bad apple spoils the bunch. I personally don't think anyone under 16 has any business driving a full size car. End rant.

427c.i.
05-27-2018, 05:29 AM
Why is UMP giving a license to children?

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-27-2018, 05:49 AM
Why is UMP giving a license to children?

UMP exists to collect $$$.

Gary
05-27-2018, 08:07 AM
It sounds like a "trash" or class issue to me. Some people will never grow up. I've seen a several adult drivers who act the same way over the years in all forms of racing making a$$es of themselves like the young kid you described. I think Billy Green at Florence Speedway was 12 when he started racing a Crate Late Model at Florence. He won the Crate Late Model track championship at 13 last year and runs a Super Late Model this year at 14 and picked up his first Super Late Model win already. He's very respectful of the other drivers, race officials and races very clean. Another young racer at Florence was Josh Rice in a Modified. They were both very good at a young age. Raising the age limit won't change someone who is a hot head or trash.

turnleftandgasit
05-27-2018, 08:32 AM
Peyton Walker earned his notoriety, don't protect the little idiot.

Cardirt0
05-27-2018, 09:02 AM
You fix this by Banning him for life. Cant drive cant run someone over.

turnleftandgasit
05-27-2018, 09:07 AM
UMP needs to ban him. Livingston county also needs to look at criminal charges.

Crash 4
05-27-2018, 09:44 AM
I was there and witnessed this travesty. If his parents were in any way sticking up for or condoning this child's actions, THEY are the problem.

On a side note, if Fairbury decides to have the "Pro" Crate Late Model class again, I will not be attending. If this is the future of racing, dirt racing is probably coming to an end.

Crash 4
05-27-2018, 09:53 AM
UMP exists to collect $$$.

Agree 100%. UMP was a great thing for local tracks and racers when it was first conceived by Bob Memmer. Since it was sold out to a corporate entity it has become nothing but a money grab for certain corporations. Mostly a monopolistic tire selling mafia.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-27-2018, 10:07 AM
It sounds like a "trash" or class issue to me. Some people will never grow up. I've seen a several adult drivers who act the same way over the years in all forms of racing making a$$es of themselves like the young kid you described. I think Billy Green at Florence Speedway was 12 when he started racing a Crate Late Model at Florence. He won the Crate Late Model track championship at 13 last year and runs a Super Late Model this year at 14. He's very respectful of the other drivers, race officials and races very clean. Another young racer at Florence was Josh Rice in a Modified. They were both very good at a young age. Raising the age limit won't change someone who is a hot head or trash.Correct. And hearing the Mom was raising hell defending him, well, ya know where he got his trashiness.

It’s parenting and all around decency. It crosses all boundaries.

turnleftandgasit
05-27-2018, 10:12 AM
If that was my son, he would be cleaning all of our racing equipment so it would be ready for the auction.

JJHunttheFront
05-27-2018, 10:22 AM
That’s terrible. It’s a difficult question/issue, but Tony Stewart talked about it a few weeks back and I felt the same way then as I do now. Dirt track racing depends on younger generations more than we think, so we should be careful telling potential racers ‘no.’ https://www.huntthefrontblog.com/single-post/2018/04/09/No-Tony-Its-Not-Absurd-that-Kids-Can-Race-Before-They-Get-a-Drivers-License

Shiny Side Up 18
05-27-2018, 10:43 AM
I'm not saying to tell them "no". I'm saying kids don't belong in full size cars. There are plenty of other classes for kids to compete in until they are old enough to use good judgment. Some kids think it makes them look big and bad to pull crap like that because they saw some NASCAR driver lose their temper on TV, and can't be convinced otherwise because most 13 year olds think they have it all figured out and are totally infallible

TheJet-09
05-27-2018, 11:01 AM
I've felt that the younger generation of today (my son included) think you can just hit the "reset button" when things go bad, getting to start all over again, fresh and ready to go. Life obviously doesn't work that way.

And maybe that's a byproduct of society, as we've "softened" discipline over the years leaving the younger generations oblivious to what it's like to suffer consequences for their actions.

Krooser
05-27-2018, 11:23 AM
The problem with these younsters is they mostly have zero respect for authority... been coddled too long. The rules dont apply to them... I had to wait until I was 18 to get in the pits and 21 to drive. I'm not saying that we should go back to that but....

Hollis
05-27-2018, 11:33 AM
If UMP would ban him for the rest of the year ,perhaps next year he would be a different type racer. Don't know his background that he would be called trash? Maybe he will get his own T that says eat crap, or cheat at a pill draw. Maybe he will learn?

chupp n bloomer fan
05-27-2018, 11:44 AM
If UMP would ban him for the rest of the year ,perhaps next year he would be a different type racer. Don't know his background that he would be called trash? Maybe he will get his own T that says eat crap, or cheat at a pill draw. Maybe he will learn?Bloomer did not cheat the pill draw, Jordan Bland did.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-27-2018, 11:49 AM
The problem with these younsters is they mostly have zero respect for authority... been coddled too long. The rules dont apply to them... I had to wait until I was 18 to get in the pits and 21 to drive. I'm not saying that we should go back to that but....It’s all in parenting, from parents who are 65 and down. Or worse. They coddle their kids, who coddle their kids, and so on. I haven’t lived at home since I was 18. Have a sibling who’ll never leave(30), and it’s perfectly ok in all their eyes. And it’s not the same as everyone else who lives with Mommy after about 20. In their eyes.

It all makes me wanna puke in my mouth. This kid, and anyone else who pulls these kinda stunts.

westlingracing
05-27-2018, 12:17 PM
It's an issue with the individual not an age group. My kis started in karts at 7, a bmod at 13, a UMP mod at 14 and a latemodel at 15. Clearly this kid had no clue and had no business to be out there. I've known probaby dozens of kids that raced a full size car. Most people wouldn't have known if the age wasn't mentioned.

Hollis
05-27-2018, 12:22 PM
Bloomer did not cheat the pill draw, Jordan Bland did.I did not say it was Bloomer. It was an adult and former racer. Lack of character even in the big show.

Chris Thomason
05-27-2018, 01:13 PM
It's an issue with the individual not an age group. My kis started in karts at 7, a bmod at 13, a UMP mod at 14 and a latemodel at 15. Clearly this kid had no clue and had no business to be out there. I've known probaby dozens of kids that raced a full size car. Most people wouldn't have known if the age wasn't mentioned.

Bingo. C&B got it right too. BUT! Some kids do have the reset button mentality and that stupid feeling of entitlement. I'd imagine good parenting usually gets past that though. This conversation always makes me think of kids like Cruz Skinner and Tyler Clem

CageFaraday
05-27-2018, 02:37 PM
During Saturday's Crate feature at Fairbury, a 13 year old driver (that shall remain nameless) spun out, and was sent to the rear. The driver is stopped on the track by a track official, who is at the front of the car. The driver then lets the car roll, bulldozing the official out of the way and nearly running him over. The driver is then black flagged, goes to the infield, then drives back onto the track as the feature restarts, causing another driver to collide with him and spin out. The driver then drives through the infield, nearly hitting several track workers, then finally leaves the track. Then his crew leaves the track on the 4-wheeler, flipping off the crowd. The driver was promptly banned from the track, probably for life. Then his mother comes into the stands and trys to start a fight with those of us that were upset by what we had just witnessed. I was furious, to say the least. This kind of crap is the last thing our sport needs, since these are the kinds of incidents that tend to find their way into the "mainstream" news (i.e. Stewart/Ward Jr.), and not the racing product itself. I know there are some good kids driving race cars out there, but as the saying goes, one bad apple spoils the bunch. I personally don't think anyone under 16 has any business driving a full size car. End rant.

I'll probably get slammed for agreeing, but yes. When I first got into racing in the mid 80's you had to have a valid drivers license to compete or even come in the pits and that made sense to me. Matter of fact the Late Bill Ingram's son, Frank was caught racing under age. Frank started in Hobby at Dixie speedway and ran a half dozen shows before he was found to be only 15. Instead of filling suit or calling on the SJW's to tweet the track into oblivion for obvious discrimination, he simply waited till he turned 16 a few months later and came back. It was a different time and I think a more sensible time, but that was before Jeff Gordon came along and convinced every father in America that his son or daughter had to be racing at age 4 or 5 to make it in racing. The ripple effects of that made it now where you can't get into Nascar after age 25 unless you've won the Indy 500 and even then its a tough hill to climb for a halfway decent ride. It use to be children weren't given rides in full size race cars, you had to build your first race car yourself and pay your dues to get noticed. I would support having an age minimum on racing full size cars, its not about ability its about maturity and understanding how much all this costs. JMO

Kromulous
05-27-2018, 02:42 PM
He's a minor, so his Parents (lack of) are on the hook, with the Law and Financially.

Shiny Side Up 18
05-27-2018, 02:58 PM
I saw a picture of the kid on their FB page. He doesn't even look like he's older than 10. Hmmm... His nickname is "Superman".

Cardirt0
05-27-2018, 03:07 PM
Kid needs his pants pulled down and the moon made red.. Then the libs be calling you a child beater. Spanked kids would not do this most of the time. Some kids there head is just not wright .. And they will be locked up later. Just like the Kids that shoot up schools. They Think just hit replay.

tsand
05-27-2018, 03:22 PM
Another problem I have with these kids I recently witness at a track. Kid looked to be about 13 was racing a crate car hit the wall in hot laps and ripped the right front off. I walked by the kids pits and the car was being fixed and the kid was nowhere around. When I was brought up the rule was you wrecked it you fixed it. Most of this kids don't know one end of a wrench from another.

Centeroff
05-27-2018, 03:40 PM
I’ve seen adults do way worse than that. A kid leads by example and only and always will do what he is taught or sees. Kick his father out of the track and watch the kid change. My rules to my children are family first, always respect your elders and never start a fight but never get hit first. Had my son done that, you should search racing classifieds immediately because you would catch one he11 of a deal on a car. Kids with attitudes like that will never make it in the long run anyhow. Shame on his father for letting him away with his actions. That’s how innocent people get hurt

a25rjr
05-27-2018, 05:14 PM
QUOTE:I’ve seen adults do way worse than that. A kid leads by example and only and always will do what he is taught or sees. Kick his father out of the track and watch the kid change. My rules to my children are family first, always respect your elders and never start a fight but never get hit first. Had my son done that, you should search racing classifieds immediately because you would catch one he11 of a deal on a car. Kids with attitudes like that will never make it in the long run anyhow. Shame on his father for letting him away with his actions. That’s how innocent people get hurt

I bet a dollar to a doughnut, he saw his dad act this way!

Josh Bayko
05-27-2018, 05:26 PM
I don’t think it should be a blanket ban on young kids on cars, for every hothead like this kid, there’s a kid like Tyler Red(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) who keeps his nose clean and isn’t an issue. Any penalties could be decided on s case by case basis. Perhaps lengthy suspensions for wild immaturity could be a solution.

grt74
05-27-2018, 06:48 PM
my son ran when he was 13-14, and he was scolded (scolded might be the wrong way of saying it but he knew i would take the car away if he didn't listen) by me to keep his nose clean and respect everyone out there and if there was an official to treat them like it was me out there (and if something happened that it was just racing and to race everyone the way they raced him), I've seen to many times under a caution that dumb things happened, its all fun and games until someone gets hurt or killed, in my opinion for what its worth, when the yellow is out and track officials are on the track, nothing much more than an idle, if you burp the car with officials on the track your black flagged, then when the officials get off the track give then 1 or two laps to feel the car, all the tracks today run receivers so it shouldn't be an issue
age is not the issue its the head in the helmet

Shiny Side Up 18
05-27-2018, 07:52 PM
http://dirtunlimited.com/2017/09/01/beneath-the-helmet-peyton-walker/

CIRF
05-28-2018, 04:37 PM
Wow!! This kid and his family probably should be dealt with in a sure handed and very firm manner. I would agree with the previous assessments that there are plenty of places where children can participate, hone and develop their racing skills prior to driving full on race cars with grown men and sometimes women.

What is it about the last name Walker? There was another "Walker" who raced and was excessively talented but dropped off the deep end a few years ago several times in a similar manner. I think he was from California and his first name is Tyler.

Illtsate32
05-28-2018, 05:06 PM
Cardirt and CnB I second your thoughts...

chupp n bloomer fan
05-28-2018, 05:50 PM
Wow!! This kid and his family probably should be dealt with in a sure handed and very firm manner. I would agree with the previous assessments that there are plenty of places where children can participate, hone and develop their racing skills prior to driving full on race cars with grown men and sometimes women.

What is it about the last name Walker? There was another "Walker" who raced and was excessively talented but dropped off the deep end a few years ago several times in a similar manner. I think he was from California and his first name is Tyler.Don’t get me started on Tyler Walker. Came from a wealthy family, that gave him his start. And you’re right, so freakin talented it’s just so aggravating. Was very good in a sprint, watched him win at least once at Sharon on the old half mile during the Sharon Nationals. Was going places, was in the Great Clips Busch car, but I believe failed a drug test there.

Back to sprints, won I think it was the Kings Royal, got canned from that very ride a week or two later. Crossed three states in a police chase with his girlfriend with at least paraphernalia in the car.

He went away for probably two years or so for it. Was racing again as far as I know.

I just freaking hope he has finally turned it around. Because his talent is just enormous. But there is a ton of very talented people who let drugs destroy their lives. Whether it’s legal drugs or illegal drugs.

CIRF
05-28-2018, 06:04 PM
CnBF, I watched Tyler spank the field at Du Quoin driving a Silver Crown car then proceed to do his patented back flip off the right rear. He probably had as much natural driving talent as anyone has ever had and it seems bad parenting and a nearly inexhaustible source of cash caused all that to be pissed away along with probably hundreds of thousands of mom & dad's cash.

This kid at Fairbury is a prime candidate to head down the same road with the apparent blessing of his parents. I wasn't there but if eye witness reports are remotely accurate the parents are the source of the problems.

EvelB7
05-28-2018, 06:22 PM
I've posted on the subject before (believe in the need for minimum age in full size cars); funny thing-raced yesterday finished 2nd and when we got out on the front stretch the 3rd place driver could not be over 12 (I had no idea who he was or that he was racing). He did a great job, drove better than most the field. I still would have to race him differently knowing his age, that is the reason i do not agree with it. No question that some are very talented, just would not want to be involved in a bad accident that left a very young kid hurt.

TackyTracker
05-28-2018, 11:04 PM
parents are the problem

no way the kid should have been on the track and his dad was telling him to go back out after caution as they were going back green

Shiny Side Up 18
05-29-2018, 12:02 AM
parents are the problemno way the kid should have been on the track and his dad was telling him to go back out after caution as they were going back greenIt very well may have been his dad that was flipping off the crowd on the way to the pits. Classy people.

Last Rebel 1
05-29-2018, 12:31 AM
16.....If you can not drive on the highway you don't need to be on a racetrack. I don't care how good you are.
That's what go cart racing is for.

TBSprintFan
05-29-2018, 02:37 AM
Wouldn't it be interesting if this kid did a slide job on Rusty Schlenk and then ol Rusty flipped and then Rusty walked across the track and gave the kid a few punches while the kid was strapped into the car. lmao

Kwd1253
05-29-2018, 07:03 AM
I can see some people case against it or for it. Think it’s more of case by case deal. If Hudson O’Neal didn’t start of young driving he wouldn’t be where he at now. What difference in full car and half car, you can still hurt yourself and someone else. Sht motorcross/super cross racing more dangerous than dirt racing and you need start off young learn how to ride. So you be able run against pro and get your name out there get a ride. Don’t see people jump and down about that. Hell I see some this older racers need get off the track. their sight, reaction time no where it once was.

You fix this by Banning him for life. Cant drive cant run someone over.

Life is little harsh, hell tony killed someone and was racing next weekend. Ban for a year or so would be ok.

CIRF
05-29-2018, 08:30 AM
First, Tony didn't kill anyone, had no intentions of killing or even hurting anyone. As fate would have it he just happened to be involved. Second, Tony didn't race, or do much of anything, for 3 weeks following the death of Kevin Ward Jr.

If the kid at Fairbury actually did what has been said he did, and I have no reason to doubt what has been said, IMHO he probably should be banned from driving until he's 18 years old. 4 or 5 years of maturity would probably make him realize what he did was way, way outa' line. Also, he'd still be plenty young enough that his career would not suffer from the imposed driving exile.

Kwd1253
05-29-2018, 09:52 AM
First, Tony didn't kill anyone, had no intentions of killing or even hurting anyone. As fate would have it he just happened to be involved. Second, Tony didn't race, or do much of anything, for 3 weeks following the death of Kevin Ward Jr.

If the kid at Fairbury actually did what has been said he did, and I have no reason to doubt what has been said, IMHO he probably should be banned from driving until he's 18 years old. 4 or 5 years of maturity would probably make him realize what he did was way, way outa' line. Also, he'd still be plenty young enough that his career would not suffer from the imposed driving exile.

Everyone has their own thoughts on the tony thing. tony didn’t drive like (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) And think king of track 50% of it was his fault. I just using as example how some thing like that don’t get you ban from all motor sport racing for 5+ Yrs or life. People want him ban for life or 4+ yrs. Im sure the kid didn’t have no intentions of killing the official which he didn’t. He probably thought if started to drive and push the official a little, he would have moved.

CIRF
05-29-2018, 11:02 AM
Yep, everyone has their own thoughts but if your thoughts are that Stewart, in his heart, was seeking to hurt that kid you're the poster child for stupidity. I've never been a fan of Stewart and have been highly critical of his antics in the past but to actually believe he wanted to hurt the kid is way beyond reasonable.

The kid at Fairbury and his family need to spend some extended time away from racetracks. Even a ban of 1 full season is way, way too mild of consequences for what he pulled. If a driver touches a race official in anger, either with his or her car or with their hands that situation needs to be dealt with in such a way that sends a clear and concise message to anyone else who might merely entertain thoughts of doing such a thing. Doesn't matter what the circumstances! Race officials and track workers put themselves in danger every time they enter a racing venue and they shouldn't have to endure some 13 year old clown, or any age clown, intentionally bulldozing them with a racecar because the clown was a little mad!

Centeroff
05-29-2018, 11:36 AM
My opinion on the Stewart deal was that Tony did see the man. He was frustrated and crashed him purposely and when he walked out on the track Tony revved the engine and the tire broke traction and hit hit and killed the young man. I think Tony is an emotional man but no way he tried to purposely hit and kill him. He fukd up pretty bad but he didn’t mean to hit him.

Kwd1253
05-29-2018, 11:42 AM
I agree with you on lot you said on the kid.. I think it should be 1 full year ban from all motor sports. heck with everyone saying drove off from infield, if he wasn’t told to tack another 3-6 mths. And if the other part was right about his mom getting all pissy and defending him. Add another 3-6 mths for poor parenting, making him feel it was ok for his actions. But I don’t think all 14-16 kids should be punished for one kids actions. But do see people point on it should be 16 years old when you can legally drive. I don’t know if they have special rules if driver is 14-16 who responsible for their actions. If their is not, they should have certification from racing organization and parents are ultimately responsible for their actions of wrong doing. Might make a lot of parents think twice before letting their kids race.

CageFaraday
05-29-2018, 12:42 PM
Wouldn't it be interesting if this kid did a slide job on Rusty Schlenk and then ol Rusty flipped and then Rusty walked across the track and gave the kid a few punches while the kid was strapped into the car. lmao

I'd condone a paddling.

JimBo
05-29-2018, 02:57 PM
The problem is the parents. As a former coach and president of a travel club teams I have seen may times where the parent insist their son or daughter "play up" in the next age bracket. When they do then get schooled the parents come running and whining "little Johnny is getting taken advantage of." Parents need to quit living their life through their kids!
A valid drivers license should be required to race at the local track.

Walkerracing2
05-29-2018, 03:07 PM
First of all the description of what happened is very inaccurate. Peyton drove all night not touching a car. The 77 got crossways hitting peyton in the driver door taking him into the infield but he did not stop forward motion and continued on the track. The incident happened right in front of the flag man and an official in the infield. If you stop forward motion you go to the tale. In other words you can spin someone and they will go to the tale I don’t feel that’s right but that’s my opinion. Peyton knew he wasn’t in the wrong so he continued where he should have started as I was trying to talk to an official which was impossible they don’t care.A track worker walked out in front of a moving car which is stupid on his part at that point peyton pulled in to me. I didn’t realize at that point they had told him to leave the track so I told him to just go to the back so he started back out on the track but they had already started the race so he pulled back in and did not cause the incident in turn 1 that’s when I learned they wanted him off the track so I told him to go off the track. He drove slowly off the track because he’s not a hot head as described. He met the crowd yelling and screaming at him throwing water bottles as if they knew what had happened. I followed on the fourwheeler and waved at the crowd not flipping them off we loaded and left. As far as his mom I can’t imagine what she went through with the class of people she encountered. Peyton has raced something for 8 years we’ve never had an issue like this. I think it was a huge misunderstanding that has made him look bad. If these people really knew him and just how disciplined he is they would think different. Social media makes more of what a situation is because people assume instead of facts. Say what you say but I know in my heart he will be great some day we’re not wealthy by no means I work 40 hrs in construction and he works on the car daily and we will continue on racing. I have videos and a Facebook page I can back this all up if you’d like to message me I’d rather let it lay because it was bad decisions on everyone’s part including these accusations

Walkerracing2
05-29-2018, 03:16 PM
As far as discipline he will be for not listening to the official I will make sure it doesn’t happen again unlike in a situation like this with an adult who disciplines. And I’m sure with the rules and decisions the track makes they’ve had this before and will again. As far as Peyton it won’t I can promise that.

Walkerracing2
05-29-2018, 03:18 PM
Oh and as far as “Superman” people that know him personally know what kind of kid he really is and what he is and will be capable of driving have him that name not us

grt74
05-29-2018, 04:42 PM
walker, if that is what happened let it roll off your shoulders, just wait until you start beating top drivers, the crying will really begin, we were doing it with a 10-12 year old car, lmao
im not i big fan of the forward motion deal, it does cause a big problem from time to time, just have fun, make sure he understands the consequences, and have some fun, from a dad that has been there, one thing i did that all the guys wanted us to do is put a bright spoiler on his car, but they all were fine with him being on the track

CIRF
05-29-2018, 06:00 PM
There are 3 sides to every story and we all know what those 3 sides consist of. We now have the first two but number 3 might be tough to flesh out considering all the differing points of view.

let-r-eat
05-29-2018, 10:59 PM
Kids should be on automatic probation when they start racing full-size cars. 0 tolerance policies for sportsmanship and order. Some young kids 9 and 12 years old are running modifieds with us at our local track. I have zero problems with them racing. They are turning the steering wheel as well as the adults.

skids
05-30-2018, 10:55 AM
Please post the video. Should help clear things up.

jlacey
05-31-2018, 09:16 AM
I remember in the early 90s it was a big deal when my home track had a 16 year old driver, in a 4 cylinder. Now at 16 your considered a veteran. Our pits look like a middle school playground

Walkerracing2
05-31-2018, 03:34 PM
Some of these comments are rediculous. Y’all have taken one persons opinion as to what happened as the truth and it’s far from it. Me and the kid y’all speak so down on work hours together in our shop fabricating jobs to make extra money to afford racing. He earns every bit of it as an adult does. He welds grinds and works as hard as anyone does so he knows what it takes to do this. He is a straight A student never in trouble at home or at school he’s raced all his life and knows how and what to do. One persons bypass opinion has created a lot of termoil for a kid that doesn’t deserve it. The story he told was untrue about a kid and he should be ashamed not knowing facts and so should all that commented. Weather you think it’s right or wrong with his history he has been able to obtain nesmith and ump license. He is capable and I know it. I hope all of you can sleep at night with your poor opinion on a talented kid. Everyone wants to talk about the future of our sport and how it’s dying well you people and social media is killing it. Delete your comments if you want there is some truth to what was said about what happened but a very small amount.

Kromulous
05-31-2018, 04:34 PM
Keep your chin up and keep racing. Its not like any one of these clowns race, seriously. If you ever drove a race car you know how easy it is to screw up. Say your apologies, if people don't want to hear it, the hell with them.

One thing i will ask thou, is your son taking to much direction from you and not watching the track officials close enough? I see this a lot in sports.

You never know, the bad boy image could pay off big, be the next Bloomer !

Walkerracing2
05-31-2018, 06:57 PM
I try not to influence his decision I just try each time he comes off the track to correct any decisions he has made that I feel could use some work. He is my son and I know I’m partial but in his 8 years of racing he hasn’t made very many bad decisions he’s always raced with kids older and adults and has always respected them so there hasn’t been a lot of growing pains until this. I know this is an obstacle we will overcome and I hope one day he will race with the greats and they will want to race with him. I guess only time will tell.

Midwest Racer Online
06-01-2018, 12:48 PM
I saw it in person from the point he almost ran over the infield worker........ from that point on nothing else matters. Yes the infield worker should never step in front of a car, If I recall correctly he was either stopped or almost completely stopped on the backtretch and started to roll before the infield worker stepped in front of him. Whether his dad told him to go back out, only he and his dad will know that. The kid is a talent... But he was very wrong and could've killed someone or hurt them very badly when he almost drove over the infield worker and again when he drove through the infield and back into oncoming traffic. I hope his parents park him for that reason alone. He had a raceceiver in his ear from the tower and I assume they were telling him to stop and he ignored them. I'm sure he's a great kid and a hard worker, but he had an issue with following orders and needs to be penalized somehow for his actions. We can all be Thankful he didn't Kill someone. We cannot afford to lose a life because someone disagrees with getting put to the back.

Walkerracing2
06-01-2018, 01:22 PM
He was not stopped the car was still in gear. And your right we’re lucky we’re also lucky someone didn’t step out in front of you this morning while you were driving. He has been disciplined as far as racing he will be back racing next weekend.

Midwest Racer Online
06-01-2018, 02:02 PM
So the car can't be stopped and still be in gear? Please show the video..... Go Ahead and keep defending your son. If someone stepped out in front of me this morning and I was breaking the rules(laws) then I should be held accountable... but they didn't... If he was disciplined the way I feel he should be, he would have the remainder of the year off. Possibly his career.... I don't care how good a of a kid he is, he nearly killed someone because he didn't like the call. You all might be great people.... this is serious stuff. I could care less if he ever races again. He ignored demands to STOP many times...... He should not be allowed to compete until he has a clear understanding of what that means. I truly think there should be a public apology to the entire racing community from him...

grt74
06-01-2018, 06:58 PM
So the car can't be stopped and still be in gear? Please show the video..... Go Ahead and keep defending your son. If someone stepped out in front of me this morning and I was breaking the rules(laws) then I should be held accountable... but they didn't... If he was disciplined the way I feel he should be, he would have the remainder of the year off. Possibly his career.... I don't care how good a of a kid he is, he nearly killed someone because he didn't like the call. You all might be great people.... this is serious stuff. I could care less if he ever races again. He ignored demands to STOP many times...... He should not be allowed to compete until he has a clear understanding of what that means. I truly think there should be a public apology to the entire racing community from him...

its over, funny thing about the past, can't change it, all we can do is learn from it, no one died, I'm sure its been dealt with, its over, and I'm sure the track will deal with it, but to read into what some may want, there perfect and everyone that makes a mistake should be hung is the wrong way to handle it, he made a mistake, its been dealt with move on,
if it happens again then I'm sure the track will deal with it, but ill say this and move on, I've seen plenty of full grown men and women act like total fools in a car, 100 times more than any of the kids(for the most part), and thats a fact
i wasn't there and have zero to go on this, but no one got hurt (from what has been said) and its over

turnleftandgasit
06-01-2018, 07:08 PM
They are not a local driver to FALS, and this race was the only crate race this year there, so any sanctions FALS imposes means nothing. UMP needs to step up and impose some form of suspension.