PDA

View Full Version : Sweet-Bloomquist cars

MI Dirt Fan
05-27-2018, 12:42 PM
All 3 cars won last night. Bloomquist, McDowell and Weiss

Kwd1253
05-27-2018, 12:49 PM

Only 3 sweets out there?? That like finding mystical unicorn (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), if you come a cross one

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-27-2018, 01:45 PM

So............

CageFaraday
05-27-2018, 02:09 PM
Probably best designed and sorted car on the market.

Centeroff
05-27-2018, 02:11 PM
SS it proves the goat can lead an Army of 3 into battle and come out alive. Can you really discredit the mans knowledge? Also he is doing something Rocket isn’t, it’s called sharing knowledge. Owens needs to get back in a Bloomquist car and you will see him challenge for a championship. The drivers that have the ability to keep a car straight need to be in a zero car.

MI Dirt Fan
05-27-2018, 02:41 PM
Interesting part is all 3 use different engine builders.

Centeroff
05-27-2018, 02:49 PM
MIfan, I always say an engine is the smallest piece of the puzzle come feature time. You need durable engines that will stand the test of time and on occasion big HP during qualifying and big fast/momentum tracks. When a track slicks off, 650 is better than 850. If you have the the cash then why not spend the 60k on the big name engines but if your limited on funds invest in shocks and a good tire guy.

CageFaraday
05-27-2018, 02:57 PM
MIfan, I always say an engine is the smallest piece of the puzzle come feature time. You need durable engines that will stand the test of time and on occasion big HP during qualifying and big fast/momentum tracks. When a track slicks off, 650 is better than 850. If you have the the cash then why not spend the 60k on the big name engines but if your limited on funds invest in shocks and a good tire guy.

True, very true.

Kwd1253
05-27-2018, 04:03 PM
so did Bloomquist buy the other sweet back from Gavin?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-27-2018, 04:04 PM
Offcenter
I dont dissagree w your post as you may like to think i would.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-27-2018, 04:06 PM
so did Bloomquist buy the other sweet back from Gavin?

I dont believe he has yet but cant conferm that 100%

Josh Bayko
05-27-2018, 04:28 PM
The meme that Rocket doesn’t share info is patently untrue.

Kwd1253
05-27-2018, 04:32 PM
so is Ricky that much better than Gavin or is Ricky looking good because cherry picking and beating up on small time teams lol.

bleedblue55
05-27-2018, 04:36 PM
This month Owens was killing it at Tazewell when he broke, won 25K at Fayetteville, and was leading last night before the contact. I think he'd take a little luck right now instead of a different chassis.

Centeroff
05-27-2018, 05:27 PM
Gavin and Jared have different mothers. Lance is still with the second mother and apparently she wears the pants in the home. Jared imo is a top 10 or better wheelman in the country. As a father, I would never choose between sons. Jared should be in the 49 but Landers and CPS chose JD

hucktyson
05-27-2018, 05:47 PM
That dude is a f###### j###off ... the way he relentlessly trashes both sons every chance he gets is beyond uncalled for .

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-27-2018, 06:04 PM
Gavin and Jared have different mothers. Lance is still with the second mother and apparently she wears the pants in the home. Jared imo is a top 10 or better wheelman in the country. As a father, I would never choose between sons. Jared should be in the 49 but Landers and CPS chose JD

I don't think it is that simple.

Centeroff
05-27-2018, 06:52 PM
I’m not positive on this but I would bet Jared and the stepmother do not get along. She makes sure that Gavin has a ride and Jared told them the facts. Jared holds a grudge against his rich father who doubts the ability of the younger brother Gavin so he hires JD to put another mark on how great he is. People with that kind of cash think differently than the average or even rich man. They will not beat the zero in the end and they will waste more money trying again. Between Kevin and Jason I see 200k per year salary minimum. When your wealthy (their is a difference between wealthy and rich) you think money buys all. I just can’t see how you hire Kevin and invest in the best equipment and your son isn’t the man behind the wheel. Even if they do win a championship there will still be animosity between yourself and your 1st generation blood. To me, he still loses if he wins a championship! God, family and very few friends is who will be beside you in the end.

MI Dirt Fan
05-27-2018, 07:16 PM
Then they wad up that FL car that was pretty good and won like 4-5 races

zyoung25
05-28-2018, 10:38 AM
Did Brandon Kinzer win at Eldora last night?

HoosierDirtFan
05-28-2018, 11:26 AM
Did Brandon Kinzer win at Eldora last night?

No. Devin Gilpin did.

jog49
05-28-2018, 02:34 PM
Truthfully, it's been a long time since chassis brand played a big role in winning.....or even engines, for that matter.

Chris Thomason
05-28-2018, 02:42 PM
Truthfully, it's been a long time since chassis brand played a big role in winning.....or even engines, for that matter.

Really? Run out and buy you a 2017 icon, slap a Hatfield in it ,and win you some races then....

Kromulous
05-28-2018, 03:08 PM
Gilpen was running a Jay (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens, no idea what type, Chevy or Ford etc etc. I do believe Hatfield has a Ry-45 type engine their producing.

Its just interesting to me, to see how dominate that Ry-45 is, i read a pdf pitch on the design of it. Its a game changer, proof is everywhere, 19 or 22 races on the Lucas tour was won with Durham. 2 by Pro Power, but i dont know what they are, hell they could be Fords too, not sure. Its been awhile since Ford has been so dominate in Dirt track stuff.

Correction: Madden runs Clements

Chris Thomason
05-28-2018, 03:18 PM
Madden been running Clements for years...

Kromulous
05-28-2018, 03:31 PM
Good, i hope Clements has developed a new head to combat the Fords. Years back Tony developed that 13/11 head that was great for a few years.

james777777
05-28-2018, 06:16 PM
If the builders all buy the same RY 45 parts, what are the major differences? Port work and cam?

Kromulous
05-28-2018, 07:34 PM
Yeah, that would be the big factors left, the port work Intake included, and the Cam is a big wild card.

Krooser
05-28-2018, 08:59 PM
Looking at the Bloomer cutaway car at the Show-Me on TV I was surprised at the lack of adjustment holes for the right side four bar brackets.... 3 on the bottom and four up top I think? Makes a guy think that the cars are well sorted out right out of the box...

Centeroff
05-28-2018, 09:13 PM
krooser that was a 5 year old car but Scott doesn’t mess with bars much including bird cage adjustments. He drives the car straight and that’s about as far as I can take it on this subject. Engine choice is a very small piece of the puzzle

Tireguy17
05-28-2018, 09:28 PM
Weiss was competing and beating some of the best Wissota talent this weekend, they were Wissota Challenge Series events.

tsand
05-28-2018, 09:29 PM
Good, i hope Clements has developed a new head to combat the Fords. Years back Tony developed that 13/11 head that was great for a few years.
When to Roush Yates jump into dirt motors they went for big HP and they sucked. They cut down on cubic inches and went to Clements and had Glen to design a new intake and also a cam design. When Durham took over he worked closely with Clements for R&D work.it was not uncommon to see Andy at Clements dynoing a motor.Tony favorite saying is usable HP. Not the big numbers

Kromulous
05-29-2018, 09:08 AM
I have always heard, and worked on a couple Clements heads, that The Clements brothers were the best out there for cylinder heads, porting / design etc. Whatever they have done on the new stuff is spot on.

The wide bores was supposed to fix Chevy's problems, but it seems the cylinder head is still an issue i guess.

zyoung25
05-29-2018, 09:48 AM
Clements is building Ford's now. A select few have them, how many exactly....i wouldn't know.

CageFaraday
05-29-2018, 12:48 PM
Really? Run out and buy you a 2017 icon, slap a Hatfield in it ,and win you some races then....

You got that right. Everything matters today, but its not about big numbers, its about being able to use what you have. Bloomquist wouldn't use something if he didn't think it gave him an edge, Moyer either.

b1eagle
05-29-2018, 01:35 PM
Vick Hill is the master at porting heads.Vick worked with many Nascar Cup teams on their restricter plate heads while he was building fast dirt motors.I met him when he done all the heads for Larry Clark at Custom Race Engines.These two together where a winning combo.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-29-2018, 01:41 PM
Jd used a cornet in gr smith ride. Was short lived but had good luck w the motor. I prefer clements myself. I dont think jd likes the durham motors very well.

Kromulous
05-29-2018, 02:57 PM
Somewhere along the way the Chevys fell behind. Ford with the Ry-45 or the D3 is dominate right now, and its not even close. Weekly racing and Regional (Maybe) the Chevy platforms seem to be ok.

I wish Chevrolet in general would get more serious about the LX platform and develop it for circle track. I know some are building engines (Baldwin) thats getting up there with the numbers, but still a little short. Your starting to see some in Mods. Maybe a wide Bore LX design !!

King1
05-29-2018, 07:33 PM
I have a bloomquist car, it came with a really good set of shocks. I tested on shocks i was running from berner and tested these "secret squirrel" shocks whom berner also built. I can honestly say that shocks made the largest difference and picked up a half second.

I say that to say this. The Bloomquist car is clean with no tricked out bracketry or double shear bird cages. But the car was no better than anything else. The speed was in the shocks

No_Weak_Links
05-29-2018, 09:24 PM
Somewhere along the way the Chevys fell behind. Ford with the Ry-45 or the D3 is dominate right now, and its not even close. Weekly racing and Regional (Maybe) the Chevy platforms seem to be ok. I wish Chevrolet in general would get more serious about the LX platform and develop it for circle track. I know some are building engines (Baldwin) thats getting up there with the numbers, but still a little short. Your starting to see some in Mods. Maybe a wide Bore LX design !!Are you calling the WOO Regional?

zyoung25
05-29-2018, 11:49 PM
I wish Chevrolet in general would get more serious about the LX platform and develop it for circle track. I know some are building engines (Baldwin) thats getting up there with the numbers, but still a little short. Your starting to see some in Mods. Maybe a wide Bore LX design !!

By LX, I'm guessing you mean the LS platform. The rule book is in the way at time for and kind of a chance of that happening in SLM.

tsand
05-30-2018, 12:35 AM
By LX, I'm guessing you mean the LS platform. The rule book is in the way at time for and kind of a chance of that happening in SLM.
Know a couple of drivers that wanted to take a 525 to Livonia for the WOO race but the rule book would not allow it. A 525 has won several big SLM races at the track. The series say they want to cut cost but you can't run a 11'000$ engine but you can run a 45'000$ engine.

Mod Runner
05-30-2018, 04:14 AM
The best thing to do is to get a pit pass and look to see what type of engines are being used . I get a pit pass and have noticed more racers using D3 Ford head engines than RY45 engines. Durham builds both. It would be interesting to talk to Durham and find out why so many racers use the D3 heads.

CageFaraday
05-30-2018, 06:29 AM
Wide bore should be illegal, they cost wayyy too much to maintain.

King1
05-30-2018, 06:54 AM
Clements has said for the last couple of years that they havent found a reason to push fords at the moment. Ford and Andy Durham is the flavor of the week. Ford had a good advertising stint with the ry45. When was the last time you saw a chevrolet ad??? You didnt it was a brodix or dart ad.
Kinda like rocket xr1, you ask for it by name. Nobody knows what to ask for when they call about a new mastersbilt car, nobody knows what front or rear clip to ask for on a longhorn.
If chevy came out with the SB3 tomorrow and said it was just for short track dirt racing, you'd see a bowtie on everything out there and Andy Durham is gonna shove em down peoples throats. Because its the flavor of the week and the new craze.
It would essentially be a $45k fidget spinner.

Kromulous
05-30-2018, 08:46 AM
Why on the wide bore? its the same as anything else. Just bigger pistons, geometry on the head is a bit different, it actually makes the valve train better because you have more room width wise to work in the push rods.

So King1 by that argument your saying the Fords are winning via numbers, there are just many more Fords so the odds go up? There had to be something go on with the D3 heads, i looked at several thru the years that had about 830 to 860 hp, and that was a ton back then 2012 ish. Now it seems they have surpassed that, maybe new port design etc i don't know.

I don't go into the pits much when i spectate, it usually ends up with me working on something so i try to avoid it. This year thou at the North South, i am gonna walk the pits and just look and ask all the Lucas guys what their running. Gonna ask ole Bloomer if he has a dyno sheet i can look over LOL...

There is alot of power in advertising, Rocket and the XR1 is very good at it.

moonshine
05-30-2018, 08:39 PM
The price tag for a new Durham is nothing compared to the up keep. If you see smoke at a Lucas or WOO race, it’s 90% chance it’s a Durham. The great thing about them is the super flat torque curve but come apart often.

King1
05-30-2018, 08:48 PM
So i havent had the opportunity to see any dyno sheets from durham. I have seen some newer cornett stuff, and clements chevy stuff for 2018. They do make 860 calculated hp. But true to weather numbers are just under 800 maybe a touch over. I think cooling, efficency, and reliability is much better. Granted they have to be rebuilt more often. They are under much more labor now with the noses being sealed off, cars have more grip etc. Ive also seen some vic hill stuff on the dyno and see the calculation process at work. 900 dont exist, but it does at sea level conditions.
Back when i ran all steel lm's on 55's i tried a secret cornett cam and hated it. It was lazy on bottom and gradually built up. To a normal national level driver im sure its what you want, but i didnt like it. So i swapped it back out.
Personally its who ever has a hookup on a cam shaft. I have never saw true 860.
I looked at the dyno sheet on a 440 clements 13/11 for a big name guy from catlettsburg ky and it showed almost 900. But he knew it didnt really have it. As a matter of fact he wouldnt show me the "real" dyno sheet.

King1
05-30-2018, 08:54 PM
Why on the wide bore? its the same as anything else. Just bigger pistons, geometry on the head is a bit different, it actually makes the valve train better because you have more room width wise to work in the push rods.

So King1 by that argument your saying the Fords are winning via numbers, there are just many more Fords so the odds go up? There had to be something go on with the D3 heads, i looked at several thru the years that had about 830 to 860 hp, and that was a ton back then 2012 ish. Now it seems they have surpassed that, maybe new port design etc i don't know.

I don't go into the pits much when i spectate, it usually ends up with me working on something so i try to avoid it. This year thou at the North South, i am gonna walk the pits and just look and ask all the Lucas guys what their running. Gonna ask ole Bloomer if he has a dyno sheet i can look over LOL...

There is alot of power in advertising, Rocket and the XR1 is very good at it.

I do feel laws of probability play a factor. But the guy building it makes the biggest difference IMO.

WATCH BLOOMQUIST HEAT HIS TIRES UP UNDER CAUTION AND WATCH HIS REAR TIRES ALMOST LOCK UP WHEN HE GETS OUT OF THE GAS.

Its almost like durham built a jake brake with the cam.

Centeroff
05-30-2018, 09:00 PM
The newest zero member going to shock the world. Coming soon people

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-30-2018, 09:08 PM

Enough w ur BS tantics

Centeroff
05-30-2018, 09:41 PM
Pay close attention. You will read about it soon. My lips are sealed

Kromulous
05-31-2018, 10:53 AM
I have noticed that about Bloomquist, he is brake dependent to start with, but i have noticed the compression braking. IT was told to me that he gears his cars for corner entry only, no matter the RPM on the straights. Make since, but had never thought of it that way.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-31-2018, 10:57 AM
I do feel laws of probability play a factor. But the guy building it makes the biggest difference IMO.

WATCH BLOOMQUIST HEAT HIS TIRES UP UNDER CAUTION AND WATCH HIS REAR TIRES ALMOST LOCK UP WHEN HE GETS OUT OF THE GAS.

Its almost like durham built a jake brake with the cam.

He stalled out once in the Dome.

Josh Bayko
05-31-2018, 11:03 AM

Nothing is shocking in high level late model racing anymore.

MI Dirt Fan
05-31-2018, 11:05 AM
Maybe he uses a 4-7 swap lol

No_Weak_Links
05-31-2018, 08:04 PM
Pay close attention. You will read about it soon. My lips are sealedI see you are correct. We know what car but don't know the driver....in a perfect world it would be Birky....but if I had to guess I would pick Blankenship.

Centeroff
05-31-2018, 08:27 PM
I will just have to let you guys figure this one out on your own

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-31-2018, 08:45 PM

You dont even have it figured out yourself.

a25rjr
05-31-2018, 08:47 PM

It must be the Double L team.....after last week, they saw the writing on the wall! :)

titbaby115
05-31-2018, 08:55 PM
If u are talking about Brandon car Dale will be driving it when SMR is not racing and Chris Brown has a new car too maybe this helps a little.

Centeroff
05-31-2018, 09:08 PM
SS, I Know the color, number, he11 I saw it with my eyes. Remember F-16s, security firms, prison fence. Can’t get in this head and I sure won’t be played as a child. That reverse psychology gets me every time. You start with hooked on phonics, practice up and I will give you a hint lol

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-31-2018, 10:01 PM
Your the greatest!💨

Centeroff
05-31-2018, 10:26 PM
Not at all. Just much smarter than you! Start with the small words, sound them out and they will come. Dr Seuss is a great way to learn. Your a pitiful man in your 40s but it’s not too late! Billy Madison did it brother. Never give up

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-31-2018, 10:39 PM
Ok.....ummmm got it! 🤓👍

Does sponge bob square pants count?

Centeroff
06-01-2018, 12:06 AM
SS, that’s probably about your speed but I have never heard of it

Kwd1253
06-01-2018, 03:09 PM

Kinzer not doing nothing in it lmao.

zyoung25
06-01-2018, 04:05 PM
Kyle Bronson switching to these cars isnt going to shock many people.

a25rjr
06-01-2018, 04:23 PM
Kyle Bronson switching to these cars isnt going to shock many people.

Somewhat surprised......but they def got the MONEY!!!

chupp n bloomer fan
06-01-2018, 06:40 PM
Kinzer not doing nothing in it lmao.Kinzer doesn’t do anything in anything, and he has back issues right now, so he really hasn’t been racing. Raced the Appleseed, but didn’t feel good.

titbaby115
06-01-2018, 09:50 PM
Kyle will be in landers old car next weekend til they get a new one done.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-02-2018, 06:01 AM
Kyle will be in landers old car next weekend til they get a new one done.So he ran good in the Rockets, switched to Weaver Longhorns, not been so hot, and now is going to SB cars, interesting.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-02-2018, 06:45 AM
So he ran good in the Rockets, switched to Weaver Longhorns, not been so hot, and now is going to SB cars, interesting.

I don't know. That dude is only good at certain places.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-02-2018, 07:39 AM
I don't know. That dude is only good at certain places.I agree. But he honestly was starting to surprise me last year. Unless he has learned how to drive a car straight, I don’t see a SB car being a good fit. Owens back in a Bloomer, JD, TMac, EPJ, Erb Jr, Madden, Marlar, and so on, I think could do well in them, Bronson/Overton/Bobby, not really. Those that can drive not off the RR is what I mean. And I think Bobby will be there in time.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-02-2018, 07:41 AM
Landers did all right in a SB...

chupp n bloomer fan
06-02-2018, 08:39 AM
Landers did all right in a SB...Man, I don’t even like talking about Jared. He improved immensely when he was with Scott. Got hurt, wants to be back full time, and he must have whipped his brother and his Dads butt, because he has been shunned like no other. I understand reservations about letting him come back, and if he got hurt with your backing, but he is going to race either way, let it be with you. He was way more consistent and looked way more controlled in that car right before he got hurt. And I think he still has it, in that limited role on Peterson’s team.

I’d love to see him back full time with Scott’s help in a SB.

MI Dirt Fan
06-02-2018, 09:44 AM
Supposedly the switch has to do with obtaining a new sponsor is what I heard.

a25rjr
06-02-2018, 09:54 AM
So he ran good in the Rockets, switched to Weaver Longhorns, not been so hot, and now is going to SB cars, interesting.

Actually he went Rockets, Longhorn, Rocket, Longhorn, Weaver Longhorns!

It helps when you got plenty of $$$$$$$!!!

CageFaraday
06-02-2018, 10:04 AM
Man, I don’t even like talking about Jared. He improved immensely when he was with Scott. Got hurt, wants to be back full time, and he must have whipped his brother and his Dads butt, because he has been shunned like no other. I understand reservations about letting him come back, and if he got hurt with your backing, but he is going to race either way, let it be with you. He was way more consistent and looked way more controlled in that car right before he got hurt. And I think he still has it, in that limited role on Peterson’s team.

I’d love to see him back full time with Scott’s help in a SB.

I agree and saw exactly the same things from Jared. I do think Bronson will do well in the Zero though, he knows how to run straight great in a crate car on slick southern tracks, so...

zyoung25
06-02-2018, 02:50 PM
Supposedly the switch has to do with obtaining a new sponsor is what I heard.

Not really much different than the deal they had with Weaver/Stone. Brandon was all over that car too.

Bronson had a SB car once before. I do not know if it was ever ran or not though. It seems like they buy whatever is hot though.

MI Dirt Fan
06-02-2018, 03:05 PM
The only ones i know currently that have won races are McDowell, Weiss and Scott himself. Is that hot right now?

I still think he should have run some more regional stuff before tackling a national tour. Like SAS, Clash, SNBS etc.

a25rjr
06-02-2018, 03:09 PM
The only ones i know currently that have won races are McDowell, Weiss and Scott himself. Is that hot right now?

I still think he should have run some more regional stuff before tackling a national tour. Like SAS, Clash, SNBS etc.

Unc must be sellin a lot of them Fords! lol

MI Dirt Fan
06-02-2018, 03:17 PM
Unc must be sellin a lot of them Fords! lol

Biggest F150 dealer on the PLANET!!!!

zyoung25
06-02-2018, 03:37 PM

They're all winning, so what do you think?

chupp n bloomer fan
06-02-2018, 03:40 PM
They're all winning, so what do you think?Lol. Well, there is that.

Kwd1253
06-02-2018, 03:49 PM
They're all winning, so what do you think?

I mean yeah McDowell was the first one off the track last night lol

MI Dirt Fan
06-02-2018, 04:12 PM
I mean yeah McDowell was the first one off the track last night lol

lol...............

zyoung25
06-02-2018, 04:20 PM
I guess you guys don't think McDowell will be a factor tonight then. Everybody that chose him in the fantasy deal week are just dumb. Smh

MI DIRT FAN, you were the one that made a post last week blowing about how the SB cars won at different track with different drivers. Did you forget about that?

MI Dirt Fan
06-02-2018, 04:25 PM

No. That is the post I made. It's the first post of this thread. I don't think I sounded like I was blowing about anything. Then I think I posted something somewhere about how it was interesting how all 3 use different engine builders.

MI Dirt Fan
06-03-2018, 10:45 AM
Weiss wins the Wissota $10k show at Dakota state fairgrounds

t3r3e3
06-03-2018, 12:01 PM
Marlar drives those Rockets straighter than just about anyone. He’d probably do well in a SB. Wonder if Scott would sell Dell any after the dust up that Mike and Scott had at the N/S a few years back?

CageFaraday
06-04-2018, 07:06 AM
Marlar had a Bloomquist car briefly he got used, debuted at Columbus I believe, in 14' or 15'. He ran upfront with it too, but for whatever reason didn't stay with it, kinda like he did with Capital. He was winning big shows with Capital and then just up and switched again.

Josh Bayko
06-04-2018, 08:21 AM
Marlar has run some races in seemingly every major chassis brand over the last decade or so, and been fast in all of em. He’s a fantastic driver.