PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Carpenter=Kyle Busch

Pure_Dirt_30
05-28-2018, 01:25 AM
When he wins he is happy as can be. But when he gets beat he won’t even come out for an interview! What a little punk. JMO Got passed with 20 to go in the topless 50 tonight and no show for on track interviews.

Cardirt0
05-28-2018, 10:14 AM
Kyle Busch The only drive i hope hits the outside wall and the inside wall in the same crash. And then his team mates hit after he stops.

racing4sure
05-28-2018, 10:52 AM
agree with Pure_Dirt_30 post 100%. All three of them can drive race cars, very talented. But no reason to act the way they do when they get beat. Seen them act so childish on track when calls don"t go there way many times.

CIRF
05-28-2018, 01:51 PM
There are more than a few, and some who post here, that believe acting a fool after getting beat fair and square is a character virtue to be lauded. Most of those same people downgrade and dismiss those that demonstrate class, dignity and manners in the face of legitimate defeat with what appears to be a more than adequate upbringing. They're berated as bland, boring and bad for the sport when in fact they merely demonstrate sportsmanship and common human courtesy without all the childlike antics and periodic histrionics. Go figure.

President Clinton
05-28-2018, 05:58 PM
If anyone is happy about losing, they really are a loser!!!!

jr29
05-28-2018, 06:04 PM
There are more than a few, and some who post here, that believe acting a fool after getting beat fair and square is a character virtue to be lauded. Most of those same people downgrade and dismiss those that demonstrate class, dignity and manners in the face of legitimate defeat with what appears to be a more than adequate upbringing. They're berated as bland, boring and bad for the sport when in fact they merely demonstrate sportsmanship and common human courtesy without all the childlike antics and periodic histrionics. Go figure.

Great post. This kind of thing happens in all forms of sports. The guy who gets bent out of shape after losing is supposed to hate losing more than the guy who keeps his mouth shut and drives forward.
Look at Mark martin in NASCAR.....he almost never had problems with other drivers or whined about getting beat. He'd just say, "I got beat." However, I'd guarantee you no one wanted to win more than he did.

Illtsate32
05-28-2018, 06:31 PM
Half to say I agree, if it only happened once or twice, understandable...but if it happens over and over well, theres a thing in competition called sportsmanship, some people dont have any...

00Hdmn
05-28-2018, 06:54 PM

They don’t need to be happy about losing but when you are there to race for a memorial race it’s disrespectful to the late person to which they are honoring. Its all so disrespectful to his fans that come to watch him race.

Cardirt0
05-28-2018, 09:54 PM

No one said you have to be happy. just dont be a Horse A..

President Clinton
05-29-2018, 05:54 AM
I have never been to a race to see “personalities “. Guess I see it differently than modern fans? I want to see racing and could care less if the driver is a total douche!!! I just want him to put on a driving show. If he pouts,fights,or smiles is irrelevant to me because I came for the “race”. Any other thinking is part of the “racing dying “ problem that currently exist! These guys owe us nothing but a good race. The fans have an “entitlement “ mentality that is bad for racing!

Pure_Dirt_30
05-29-2018, 07:14 AM
I don't know. I just think it's funny when he wins sometimes he will bash another chassis builder. Like when he said "This aint no Rocket This is a kryptonite baby." Now if I was Derek Doll this weekend(which Im not) The first thing I would have said was this aint no Krytonite baby. But I know Derek would never say that because he has more respect than that.

CIRF
05-29-2018, 08:15 AM
Quote option still doesn't work!!

First off it's "couldn't" care less, not "could" care less. Never ceases to amaze me how dumb that phrase really is.

Second, some of these drivers, especially NASCAR drivers, put themselves out there in whatever limelight is available as notable celebrities for memorabilia sales, general notoriety and ego stroking. If one is an avid fan then these drivers are front and center week in, week out. Thus, it's virtually impossible to be neutral, as you say you are, in regards to the manner in which a driver/celebrity conducts themselves.

I've found that those who emphatically state that they don't care about celebrity character, or lack thereof, are nearly always in support of those who would act like A-holes. They like it. Most times it's because they can personally relate.

President Clinton
05-29-2018, 02:06 PM
CIRF thanks for the English lesson. Writing never was my strong subject. But I would assume “couldn’t “ care less would be equivalent to have two negatives together??? Maybe one of the other English professors can enlighten? As far as personally relating......ha

mcarter815
05-29-2018, 02:18 PM
Saying that you could care less means that you care at least a little. Whereas saying couldn't care less means that you don't care at all.

|
|
|
|
|
|
| <-- could care less
|
|
|
0 <- couldn't care less.

CIRF
05-29-2018, 02:56 PM
Any time and you're more than welcome Slick Willie. You Arkansan's have never been known for your rhetorical accuracy. LOL!!

And as far as the personality/character virtues, or lack thereof are concerned, in most cases birds of a feather tend to flock together. It's less about not caring and more about being able to readily relate, if ya' know what I mean.

WVDirtFan
05-29-2018, 10:35 PM
That was a very good race between Derek and Tyler, they raced door to door for many laps and barely touched. I was a little disappointed when He didn't come out for His interview. However, Some of His People were sitting in front of us during the feature, and there was a little Girl and Her Mom beside them I think She was wearing a Tyler Carpenter t-shirt, anyway when they went to the pits they took the 2nd place trophy with them and a few minutes later the older Gentleman came back to the stands and gave the little Girl the 2nd place trophy!

dirty-white-boy
05-30-2018, 12:16 PM
I used to say all that about Kyle until I really got to understand he is a true competitor. Not saying I am a fan of him or his actions but I would much rather have Kyle or Tyler on my team than a guy there to just collect a check

Cardirt0
05-30-2018, 04:38 PM
Thats why i have all was liked guys like, Roger Long 36. Win or lose did it with Class.

Illtsate32
05-30-2018, 06:51 PM
Should you care what your competitors think of you? Probably not. Should you care what the fans think of you? Probably should. Even fans that dont like arrogance in a driver they probably still respect them, its the punk cry baby stuff that makes you loathe a driver and have no respect for them. If a fan hated me because I was good and I acted like it and let you know it, that would be fine with me. But if they had no respect for me and loathed me, that would bother me, if it dont bother them guys then it should...

Pure_Dirt_30
05-31-2018, 09:38 AM
I just heard that Tyler apologized on facebook to the track,promoters and the fans. He said he didn't know anything about interviewing the top 3 on the track. Also said wasn't upset about the race and had fun racing against Doll.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-31-2018, 02:15 PM
I just heard that Tyler apologized on facebook to the track,promoters and the fans. He said he didn't know anything about interviewing the top 3 on the track. Also said wasn't upset about the race and had fun racing against Doll.Going to say, while I know he can be a little rash, he don’t hold nothing back. Usually a really good interview. Cool to hear all of thee above. Because I’ve been becoming a fan of his.

bullring
05-31-2018, 02:25 PM
"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser" I think that was a quote from Dale Sr. but can't say he was the originator.

CIRF
05-31-2018, 04:24 PM
Not liking to lose is much, much different that being a totally childish, mannerless A-hole. Walking into a press conference and picking ones nose, dropping the microphone and basically walking out after refusing to answer legitimate questions is one of the definitions of a grown man being a childish, mannerless A-hole. Many race car drivers dislike losing but they don't resort to being a childish, mannerless A-hole. Simple as that.

President Clinton
06-02-2018, 07:27 AM
It’s racing not ballet? Fans eat up aholes,drama,excitement!!!!

CIRF
06-02-2018, 08:16 AM
Ahhhh, I see. Since it's racing then being an A-hole is proper, appropriate and encouraged. LOL! At least according to "fans" like yourself.

It sounds like you enjoy seeing the lack of manners, decency and general bad behavior much more than you enjoy the skill of driving, guts, talent and quality of competition. Not quite sure what that says about you but it certainly can't be good!