PDA

View Full Version : Elkins WV/Hagerstown

One Man Gang
05-28-2018, 03:06 PM
Need some useful info if any of you fellas can help me out. Thinking about attending these tracks in July and know nothing about the area.

Elkins- What is a good motel close to track to stay in for one night ?
Can person take lawn chairs or bleacher seating only ?
Anything else useful a outsider to area needs to know before getting there ?

Hagerstown- Be coming from Virginia so where exactly is track located in Hagerstown ?
Where is good motel to stay or need to go back into Virginia to stay the night ?
Lawn chairs or bleachers ?
What I need to know about this track for first timer ?

Just anything helpful for a southern boy passing through area for the weekend.

bleedblue55
05-28-2018, 07:00 PM
Elkins is located about 10 miles out of town in Kerens but all 4 lane road to track. Small town but a few lodging options, can't really give a recommendation on that. Seating is on a sloped bank with both types seating available. I'd go with a lawn chair.
Hagerstown is located west of town on Old Rt. 40 between the Huyett and Clear Springs exits on I-70. Good, clean, cheap lodging at Super 8 Halfway Blvd., that's where I always stay. Bleachers only for seating but they are nice.
Been to both a bunch of times.

One Man Gang
05-28-2018, 07:35 PM
Thank you sir

Harper00HFan
05-28-2018, 07:53 PM
Right now in Elkins motels are filling up with pipeliners so I would be calling.

One Man Gang
05-28-2018, 09:50 PM
Will do sir thank you for that info

00Hdmn
05-29-2018, 08:24 AM
The three respectable hotels in Elkins are the Isaac Jackson, Hampton Inn, and Holiday Inn. These are the only three that I would recommend. Also as Harperfan said, you might want to book ahead of time because the pipeline guys are rolling into town. You can also check on cabin rentals in the area. For the seating you definitely want to bring a lawn chair to Elkins. Hope this helps and if you need anything else just let me know.

One Man Gang
05-29-2018, 12:28 PM
Many thanks appreciate it

One Man Gang
05-29-2018, 08:45 PM
Found 1 remaining room in town and it was at the Super 8 so I booked it. Glad I called when I did or it would have been gone shortly.

let-r-eat
05-29-2018, 10:39 PM
Super 8 is fine. Not the Waldorf Astoria but acceptable for race fans *smiles*. Bring your lawn chairs for sure. Feel free to pm me and I'll do whatever I can to help.