PDA

View Full Version : Dale McDowell Accused of Cherry Picking at Dixie

JJHunttheFront
05-28-2018, 03:39 PM
"Ain't no such thing anymore." Seems like a good response to me...https://www.huntthefrontblog.com/single-post/2018/05/28/Dale-McDowell-Was-Right-On-Accusations-of-Cherry-Picking-Aint-No-Such-Thing-Anymore-1

MI Dirt Fan
05-28-2018, 03:44 PM
So does that make Ferguson, Eckert and Overton cherry pickers as well?

Kromulous
05-28-2018, 07:39 PM
I guess they have never paid the invoice on 50 or so LM tires, or an Engine rebuild...

Kwd1253
05-28-2018, 08:03 PM
Must been a 4m member calling him cherry picker lol. Don’t understand people calling drivers cherry pickers. Specially drivers at ages of Moyer and McDowell, they done it all won just about every major crown jewel was put on and title. enjoy them when they show up at your track don’t matter if it’s a 2k or 100k. They don’t have to many years left.

B_K
05-28-2018, 08:03 PM
First of all he's correct, cherry picking doesn't really exist anymore.

Secondly Dale at this point is essentially a regional guy who hits some Crown Jewels. Granted he's probably the best "regional" guy in the country, but that's what he is. He just happens to be good enough to win whatever/wherever.

Centeroff
05-28-2018, 09:23 PM
If that’s the case, Bobby cherry picked the last 2 years. Dale doesn’t have unlimited bank roll so any race he wins is on the up and up! When the 17m is in the pits every team in the field knows the possibilities. Dale is a wheelman and force no matter what type of competition shows

Josh Bayko
05-28-2018, 09:51 PM
First of all he's correct, cherry picking doesn't really exist anymore.

Secondly Dale at this point is essentially a regional guy who hits some Crown Jewels. Granted he's probably the best "regional" guy in the country, but that's what he is. He just happens to be good enough to win whatever/wherever.

I was gonna say the same thing. Dale has been mostly a regional driver for the last decade or so. He does occasionally travel to big race at tracks he likes, and at those races, he tends to be amongst the fastest cars there.

And for the guy whining about cherry picking, will he be saying the same thing when Dale is at Eldora in a couple weeks and Lernerville a couple weeks after that?

CrateRacer3
05-29-2018, 06:57 AM
Just my 2 cents. Billy Moyer showed up to a Friday Night $3000 to win Super Race at our local track a few weeks ago. He finished 3rd and was having a blast, so accusing people like Moyer, McDowell, etc. is kinda out there in my opinion.

CageFaraday
05-29-2018, 12:50 PM
You either show up ready to race or you don't.

MRM
05-29-2018, 02:26 PM
Wonder if McDowell wins one of the WoO races this weekend if he'll be accused of cherry picking?

JimBo
05-29-2018, 02:39 PM
Fewer and fewer local unsanctioned shows at tracks, at least in my area, making "Cherry Picking" a thing of the past.