PDA

View Full Version : Dream week!!!

Checkeredflag1015
05-29-2018, 02:04 PM
Making my first trip to Eldora this year. Getting quite excited. Was wondering if y’all would fill me in on some Eldora musts and pointers. Such as places to enjoy breakfast, lunch, or things to do around the track. Thanks in advance

Chadly329
05-29-2018, 02:33 PM
Buy the Pit Pass, set up chairs on hill in 1 and 2.

Matt49
05-29-2018, 02:34 PM
An absolute MUST is to watch hot laps at least one night from the infield. Stand right up on the turn 3 infield wall and you'll get a true appreciation of the speed they carry around that place.

Trax53
05-29-2018, 03:14 PM
If you get there Wednesday you cant beat the Wednesday Night fried chicken special at St Henry Nite Club!

Checkeredflag1015
05-29-2018, 05:22 PM
Thanks guys. I will check out all of above.

Snowmanracr21
05-29-2018, 06:19 PM
St.Henry Nite Club in St Henry is a must as is the Wagon Wheel in Burkettsville 5 mins north of the track. The Whistle Stop in Ansonia 10 mins south is great too!

golddirt
05-29-2018, 07:03 PM
Try anything !! And enjoy but most of all, go to the pits!!

TackyTracker
05-30-2018, 01:18 AM
yep go to the pits

get some track cheddarbrats

enjoy and have fun

Illtsate32
05-30-2018, 10:01 AM
If you got tickets already is a pit pass still full price?

Trax53
05-30-2018, 10:23 AM
+ $5.00 (for all 3 days)

Cant beat that.

Krooser
05-30-2018, 10:29 AM
Must have a lot more to do there then when I went to the World in '83. We went to Dayton to find some fun... One of our guys got kidnapped, we were threatened by the local drug dealers because we must have looked like UC cops and we chased away their customers.

We got our guy back after paying a $100.00 ransom to some street tuff's who had Chris locked up in the backroom of a seedy bar.

The hookers were ugly.

Your experience may vary..

Illtsate32
05-30-2018, 11:16 AM
+ $5.00 (for all 3 days)

Cant beat that.

Thanks Trax you can get them at the gate when you show up I assume?

Trax53
05-30-2018, 11:27 AM
Yes sir! Youre welcome!

Yes get them at either ticket office I think.

I always just go get a 3 day pit pass and sit in General Admission

Madcat
05-30-2018, 11:52 AM
Yep, must watch some qualifying from the infield, at least something that is if you want to save your money for pit pass on Saturday only. For the upgrade price if you're going all 3 days no brainer.

St. Henry night club breakfast Saturday, buffet, they even have shuttles that pick up at the track and drop off at the track.

Hot Cheese Balls and Hot Wings from the concessions. Bring a small cooler if you drink, beer is cheap and they will top you off with ice each time which is nice.

We always sit in turns 1-2 and always plenty of seating there. Top of the bleachers is a great spot, we have top row so we can stand.

Saint Henry has a nice IGA and TrueValue and Dollar General, really no reason to go into Greenville unless you must go to TSC, Lowes, or Wally. Everything can be had in Saint Henry.

After party Thursday sucks anymore IMHO, just too drunk and too many people wanting to fight. If you're camping it's much more fun to just hangout at the campsite and meet people.

Don't get kicked out or too drunk to watch the races, you'll regret it.

chathamracefan
05-30-2018, 12:51 PM
I would vouch for the Whistle Stop pizza. Very good! Must have a pizza burger from the concession stand at least once. Hot wings are good also. There will be several vendors that bring in food trailers as well. All in all, Eldora is top shelf entertainment.

Illtsate32
05-30-2018, 01:23 PM
Can you upgrade with a pit pass at the world anybody know?

HoosierDirtFan
05-30-2018, 01:33 PM
Can you upgrade with a pit pass at the world anybody know?

Yes you can. Eldora is probably the most friendly track in the U.S.

Illtsate32
05-30-2018, 01:54 PM
Thanks guys!

brsteg
05-30-2018, 02:55 PM
Where are the showers usually located and how much?

CIRF
05-30-2018, 03:31 PM
As has been said already, the Wagon Wheel is the closest joint within driving distance of Eldora and their food is very good. However, there are a few other places that are just as good.

St. Henry Nite Club used to be very good but last year when we were at Eldora for the 4 Crown Nationals it looked as if it had been let go downhill some. It was a bit on the dirty side and the food was decent but not great.

Straight north up rt. 118 is The Grill On Main in Coldwater, OH which compares favorably to The Wagon Wheel and The South Side Inn in Coldwater is very good, as well.

The Wagon Wheel is less than 10 minutes from Eldora, St. Henry Nite Club is less than 15 minutes and the two places in Coldwater are less than 20 minutes away from.

I too will chime in advising you to invest $5 and go to the infield pit area. Very cool perspective from down there!!

dmr37
05-30-2018, 04:08 PM
Must have a lot more to do there then when I went to the World in '83. We went to Dayton to find some fun... One of our guys got kidnapped, we were threatened by the local drug dealers because we must have looked like UC cops and we chased away their customers.

We got our guy back after paying a $100.00 ransom to some street tuff's who had Chris locked up in the backroom of a seedy bar.

The hookers were ugly.

If you go to Dayton stay away from the ugly hookers and go to the Air Force Museum
http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/

Or, also flight related, try the Neil Armstrong Museum in Wapakoneta
https://www.armstrongmuseum.org/

CageFaraday
06-02-2018, 03:30 PM

The hookers were ugly.

That's the best Eldora story I've ever heard. Note to self, never go to Dayton Ohio.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-02-2018, 03:44 PM
If you go to Dayton stay away from the ugly hookers and go to the Air Force Museum
http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/

Or, also flight related, try the Neil Armstrong Museum in Wapakoneta
https://www.armstrongmuseum.org/The Wright Patt Museum sounds like it'd be boring, but I was there quite awhile ago, and it’s definitely worth it. Really nice, big, and some cool stuff.

Rocal145
06-03-2018, 08:39 PM
campground titty contests. is there anything else I'm missing?

Dlmfan123
06-03-2018, 09:43 PM
Thinking about making the trip Friday evening. Thiink I could sleep in my vehicle?

HoosierDirtFan
06-03-2018, 09:48 PM
Thinking about making the trip Friday evening. Thiink I could sleep in my vehicle?

You could. I do on occasion if I don't want to use my tent.

zyoung25
06-04-2018, 12:50 AM
campground titty contests. is there anything else I'm missing?

Where does this happen? Johnny Law shuts that stuff anymore. The campground life is boring compared to what it was 10 or 15 years ago.

hanginitout
06-06-2018, 04:52 AM

Can you sleep in your car,in the General parking area? Or do you have to go the camp ground?