PDA

View Full Version : Cheating the Pill Draw and Winning on Three Wheels: Classic Bloomquist

JJHunttheFront
05-31-2018, 09:04 AM
I know there's already been a lot said about it, but regardless of how you feel about the pill-draw incident, it seems like this year's Show-Me 100 will be one of those classic comical episodes in Bloomquist's career. Anyway, you can find more on the subject here. > https://www.huntthefrontblog.com/single-post/2018/05/30/Penalized-for-Cheating-the-Pill-Draw-and-Winning-on-Three-Wheels-Classic-Bloomquist

MI Dirt Fan
05-31-2018, 09:13 AM
What is so comical winning on 3 wheels?

Mindwalker
05-31-2018, 09:42 AM
Legend in his own time....

mskdorf
05-31-2018, 11:09 AM
The win makes the pill draw irrelevant. Maybe come up with a better way to draw.

TS FAN
05-31-2018, 11:29 AM
I can't stand Bloomers, but he has them covered as per usual. Pill draw was none of his doing, just some stupid hired help. He looks to be set to dominate the summer once again. For his fans, enjoy

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-31-2018, 11:46 AM
I can't stand Bloomers, but he has them covered as per usual. Pill draw was none of his doing, just some stupid hired help. He looks to be set to dominate the summer once again. For his fans, enjoy

3 races, at one track, were impressive. But, don't take too big a leap yet.

Bubstr
05-31-2018, 05:24 PM
Palming pills was stupid. Not much to gain. Hiring someone that was to do that on his own,is real stupid.

dirt junkie
05-31-2018, 07:29 PM
Conspiracy theory...
Bloomer is sly enough to have staged the whole pill draw thing just to divert attention away from something else. Remember the World 100 a couple years ago with the window net debacle?

Dude is a genius in this sport. I’d put nothing past him and his abilities to win

MI Dirt Fan
05-31-2018, 07:33 PM
What is the something else? Where they draw the number and tech inspect the car is in two different scenarios.

The driver and only the driver should be allowed to draw. Not send a crew member or family member to do it. Your the racer you take the responsibility of going and doing it.

Owens had that race won regardless.

427c.i.
05-31-2018, 10:32 PM
If you can prove to me Scott didn't know about that pill draw debacle, I'll kiss your butt on main street.
A 2 and a 91 were missing so he could turn in either pill to go early or late, depending on what the track was doing.
I would have loved to see the acting job when he (Scott) was confronted...I bet that was an award winning performance.

And why was that crew man allowed to stay in the pit area? He should have been promptly shown the door

chupp n bloomer fan
05-31-2018, 10:51 PM
If you can prove to me Scott didn't know about that pill draw debacle, I'll kiss your butt on main street.
A 2 and a 91 were missing so he could turn in either pill to go early or late, depending on what the track was doing.
I would have loved to see the acting job when he (Scott) was confronted...I bet that was an award winning performance.

And why was that crew man allowed to stay in the pit area? He should have been promptly shown the doorProve he did know. Though yes, Jordan should have been booted. That’s just dumb, as good as Scott was, he didn’t need to do that, made zero sense. You can’t make that crap up. Cheating tires, ok, that, I don’t think he had anything to do with it. Just dumb.

MI Dirt Fan
05-31-2018, 10:54 PM
I still think Lucas is partially at fault

GrocMax
05-31-2018, 11:54 PM
What I find more conspiratorial, is Show-Me Thursday night 0's transponder magically wasn't working from hot laps to his 2 qual laps, then they gave him a couple minutes to fix it, came back out and TOTALLY changed lines and qualified great. You mean to tell me NOBODY on that team noticed the transponder wasn't working? LOL.

Centeroff
06-01-2018, 12:02 AM
Jimmy absolutely did not have that one in the bag fellas. He proved that but desperate times call for desperate measures. That so called slider was dumber than the attempt at the pill snag. If his car was as good as he says it was, why put yourself in that position. It’s a 100 lap race and 20 drove the race as if it were 60. Maybe he beat himself? Maybe he felt the pressure?

GrocMax
06-01-2018, 12:02 AM
BTW, its hard to cheat a draw when they draw numbers first, then the low number is drawn. 200 pills, everybody draws, then an official draws a number, say 111, that is now zero- closest larger numbers to 111 are the low ones. You don't know what the low number is going to be so any cheat is fruitless.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-01-2018, 12:08 AM
What I find more conspiratorial, is Show-Me Thursday night 0's transponder magically wasn't working from hot laps to his 2 qual laps, then they gave him a couple minutes to fix it, came back out and TOTALLY changed lines and qualified great. You mean to tell me NOBODY on that team noticed the transponder wasn't working? LOL.

That was done on purpose to get heat in his tires to qualify better.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-01-2018, 06:22 AM
That was done on purpose to get heat in his tires to qualify better.You know this for a fact?

I watched them give JD another lap at Atomic, all by his lonesome. Guess what he did? Jumped the cushion in 1&2. I think it was a conspiracy to start like 20th and march forward.

The hatred, tin foil hats, and BS, is strong with some of you.

WON11_Fan
06-01-2018, 07:07 AM
How would anyone on "the team" know the transponder wasn't working before he went out to qualify. Only way to tell it is not working is to check it on the track when running laps. If it wasn't working in hot laps, the LUCAS officials would have taken care of it then. Some of these conspiracy theories that pop up on here are comical at best.

Kwd1253
06-01-2018, 07:12 AM
You know this for a fact?

I watched them give JD another lap at Atomic, all by his lonesome. Guess what he did? Jumped the cushion in 1&2. I think it was a conspiracy to start like 20th and march forward.

If you’re not bending the rules or being sneaky making things in favor of yourself, your not winning lol.

The pill draw thing don’t know if Scott knew about it or not. I’m not Jordan or Scott, but Scott is witty crafty guy. He wants you look at something get people in up roar, so main thing he trying get way with no one really notice it lol. Being hell of wheelman, knowing how set yourself up, being witty, around the right people, well you got yourself a GOAT.

Illtsate32
06-01-2018, 07:34 AM
Getting 4 laps is definitely better than getting 2, and idk if you can tamper with a transponder or not, however odd things like that do seem to happen to Scott more than others, this is Scotts business as long as hes been doing it im sure hes a step ahead of most the officials in these series...

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-01-2018, 08:31 AM
You know this for a fact?

Yea that info came from the pits. I wasnt there or in scotts car to verify

Kwd1253
06-01-2018, 09:45 AM
S.S. Did you go with the smallest font.. I had zoom in at x50 just read that lol

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-01-2018, 10:15 AM
S.S. Did you go with the smallest font.. I had zoom in at x50 just read that lol

Idk
I got a new ph and settings might b off. Where do i go in settings to fix it

zeroracing
06-01-2018, 10:26 AM
Not saying he did or did not cheat with the transponder, but a real simple way to would be to simply take it off the car. They don't check the inside of the pouch, if it is not working they hand you a new one, and have YOUR crew guy climb under and install the new then hand them the old. Pretty simple to cheat if you wanted to. Not saying anybody did or did not but it is not that hard to.

Some nights it would be helpful others it may hurt you because the track may be peaking off quickly and you are now on a slower surface. Id say 75% of the time it would be helpful.

dirtdobber45
06-01-2018, 10:30 AM
To all you Bloomer haters... Suck it up and get ready for the summer heat Scott is about to unleash.

Kwd1253
06-01-2018, 11:45 AM
Idk
I got a new ph and settings might b off. Where do i go in settings to fix it

Lol I was just messing with you bro.. galaxy 9 or icrap 9?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-01-2018, 11:51 AM
Lol I was just messing with you bro.. galaxy 9 or icrap 9?

Oh ok lol

Samsg s8+
Im still behind times lol.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-01-2018, 12:24 PM
How would anyone on "the team" know the transponder wasn't working before he went out to qualify. Only way to tell it is not working is to check it on the track when running laps. If it wasn't working in hot laps, the LUCAS officials would have taken care of it then. Some of these conspiracy theories that pop up on here are comical at best.How dare you try and be logical and use common sense.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-01-2018, 12:26 PM
Yea that info came from the pits. I wasnt there or in scotts car to verifyRight. And that makes it correct. Just like Kevin Rumley has a target, so does Bloomer.

Mindwalker
06-01-2018, 04:11 PM
The only pill some ya all need to be thinking about are the ones your momma's didn't take and be thankful for that, while the rest of us have to put up with ya....

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-01-2018, 04:19 PM
The only pill some ya all need to be thinking about are the ones your momma's didn't take and be thankful for that, while the rest of us have to put up with ya....

Yea but dont u still lub us phil!😁😁

a25rjr
06-01-2018, 04:27 PM

Post of the year!.........black ford driver!!! :)

Illtsate32
06-01-2018, 05:13 PM
Oh ok lol

Samsg s8+
Im still behind times lol.

I still got an s5 lol it does everything I need it too tho

Kwd1253
06-01-2018, 05:21 PM

Dang, you over there send smoke signals with that 5 haha.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-01-2018, 05:23 PM

I loved my s5 then i upgraded to a s7 and hated it but was stuck w it for 2 yrs. Love my s8+

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-01-2018, 05:25 PM
Dang, you over there send smoke signals with that 5 haha.

Get in touch w CENTEROFF he blows alot of smoke

Kwd1253
06-01-2018, 05:45 PM
Get in touch w CENTEROFF he blows alot of smoke

(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), I can read his all the way from Louisiana lol.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-01-2018, 05:57 PM
(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), I can read his all the way from Louisiana lol.

Hes in wv .....

GrocMax
06-01-2018, 09:47 PM
How would anyone on "the team" know the transponder wasn't working before he went out to qualify. Only way to tell it is not working is to check it on the track when running laps. If it wasn't working in hot laps, the LUCAS officials would have taken care of it then. Some of these conspiracy theories that pop up on here are comical at best. Everybody in the stands or watching on video knew it wasn't working. Lucas Oil Speedway has a jumbotron and displays lap times and car # during hot laps and qualifying. No I don't hate the guy. Just an observation from someone who was there thursday. BTW Jimmy didn't pull a bad slider, he hit the hole in 3 wrong. Hole was there all weekend. Watch early in the race how Bloomquist got around Jimmy by hitting the very same hole correctly, he nailed the brakes and stopped the LF wheel right as he was going over it. Jimmy hit it right or avoided it a bunch of times and hit it very wrong that time which made him drift up into EPJ.

Centeroff
06-01-2018, 10:10 PM
Kwd, use the word blow very carefully around SS. I bet he is sorting through old driver posters as we speak! He doesn’t file his posters in alphabetical order, he files from tightest driver suites on down the line lol my guy

GrocMax
06-01-2018, 11:18 PM
How dare you try and be logical and use common sense. Here's some logic and common sense for you- Old days- someone on every team had a stopwatch, and used it. These days- someone on every team is monitoring transponder lap times. Now explain to me again how nobody noticed it?

chupp n bloomer fan
06-02-2018, 05:54 AM
Here's some logic and common sense for you- Old days- someone on every team had a stopwatch, and used it. These days- someone on every team is monitoring transponder lap times. Now explain to me again how nobody noticed it?You don’t know until you go out there and try and trip the transponder sweetheart. Back to your tinfoil hat now.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-02-2018, 05:59 AM
And if everyone knew it wasn’t working, then it’s on Lucas BEFORE he goes out to qualify, to tell him, and get it fixed. Or you don’t take time. Really not some big conspiracy. How many times has a guy got a single lap extra because of transponder error, or the person in front of them messing up. It happens. But it’s Bloomquist, so it’s different rules. He should be black flagged and told to go home.

Clayton_Wetter
06-03-2018, 01:55 PM

TS, why in the world don't you like Bloomquist? Did he splash mud all over your Stewart Tee shirt? hahahahahaa Or has he given your beloved locals too many whoopins?

Clayton_Wetter
06-03-2018, 01:57 PM
That was done on purpose to get heat in his tires to qualify better.

Wow SS, they can't outsmart you can they????? hahahahaaa

Centeroff
06-03-2018, 02:19 PM
SS, obviously has no clue how the oils in the tire leave as the tire goes through heat cycles. I don’t think 2 laps would help not hurt how the tires performed in qualifying or the feature but you have to remember you run the same LR tire all night long

Kwd1253
06-03-2018, 02:41 PM
Lol @ CnB yes there 3 different rule books. You have the series rule book, then you have the rumley rule book, then there Bloomquist rule book.

MI Dirt Fan
06-03-2018, 02:43 PM
Lol @ CnB yes there 3 different rule books. You have the series rule book, then you have the rumley rule book, then there Bloomquist rule book.

Don't use big numbers like 3. It just makes it harder to understand lol

chupp n bloomer fan
06-03-2018, 03:54 PM
Lol @ CnB yes there 3 different rule books. You have the series rule book, then you have the rumley rule book, then there Bloomquist rule book.All kidding aside, pretty much. May not be true, but as a fly on the wall, I think so.