PDA

View Full Version : Timothy Culp done with the WOO Late Model Series tour. Per Facebook post. LINK

HoosierDirtFan
06-03-2018, 10:23 PM
He just posted on Facebook he is off the WOO Late Model Series tour.
He will be at Eldora this coming weekend.

Link to post - https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=606369999740673&id=100011030345536

hucktyson
06-04-2018, 06:12 AM
This is almost as massive as the news rusty schlenk was leaving the tour ....

Josh Bayko
06-04-2018, 06:31 AM
National touring is an animal that not everybody is financially or emotionally built for. There are a handful of guys every year that find this out and this year Tim is one of em. Perhaps he’ll attenpt it again in the future, and I’ll give it another shot, and I bet he’ll have a much better idea of what it entails.

CageFaraday
06-04-2018, 06:54 AM
I think its smart to give up on it and regroup, instead of running your team into the ground just to say you made it through. Best of luck to all the guys who took a swing, hope they can return wiser and better prepared.

Kwd1253
06-04-2018, 07:43 AM
Can’t blame him, he been having really bad luck. Wonder if he going stick to running comps cam and hit some msscs. Think he should hit the hell tour myself. he gain some more experience running those tracks, But that hell tour is a grind.

So he staying with long horn or back with rocket?

bleedblue55
06-04-2018, 08:46 AM
His comment "just to keep steady help" says a bunch. Remember last year Chris Madden commenting about the same thing mid season. Teaming with BWRC certainly helped him solve that problem this year. Best to Culp in the future.

Illtsate32
06-04-2018, 10:28 AM
When you want to be big time racers its a full time job, you probably have to find guys with primarily no family, and volunteers for the most part. Even if you love the sport who wants to devote thaf much time and effort with little or no compensation towards making another man successful? Its not in most humans genetic makeup, thats why these guys are constantly looking for crew members...

zach51
06-05-2018, 12:57 PM
Futhermore, if you aren't at Eldora this weekend I don't want to see you in the DOD top 25. Just my opinion.

Pennsboro23
06-05-2018, 01:00 PM
Futhermore, if you aren't at Eldora this weekend I don't want to see you in the DOD top 25. Just my opinion.

This x1000000

Trax53
06-05-2018, 01:13 PM
futhermore, if you aren't at eldora this weekend i don't want to see you in the dod top 25. Just my opinion.

this x1000000

couldn't agree more!!

Jking24
06-05-2018, 04:02 PM
I like the guy. And think he has allot of potential but it probably wasn't the wises thing in the world to start the season off by claiming that josh Richards wrecked you and junked your car when it was clearly a racing incident and change chassis as a result. That had to put a damper on the budget. If your gonna run the world of outlaws in a rocket car you probably don't wanna pick a fight with mark Richards in February. Just saying.....

chupp n bloomer fan
06-05-2018, 04:35 PM
Futhermore, if you aren't at Eldora this weekend I don't want to see you in the DOD top 25. Just my opinion.100% agree.

MI Dirt Fan
06-05-2018, 04:59 PM
Who might be next to pull off either series? Ferguson?

slmcrewchief99
06-05-2018, 05:18 PM

Timmy called me at 2pm today. He was at the tire shop having all new tires swapped out on his trailer. As soon as they finished he was on the road to Eldora. So I will take him at his word that he is going and wish him the best of luck at the Dream..... JS

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-05-2018, 05:27 PM
Who might be next to pull off either series? Ferguson?

I wouldnt b suprised to see him pull off

Illtsate32
06-05-2018, 06:18 PM
^^^ Dont knock him for trying but hed be wise to stay around home and rack up the southern national money, maybe with more expirience hel get better but def not the same driver away from the carolina region...

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-05-2018, 09:03 PM
^^^ Dont knock him for trying but hed be wise to stay around home and rack up the southern national money, maybe with more expirience hel get better but def not the same driver away from the carolina region...

I wasnt knocking him as i watch him regionally in the carolinas. I was agreeing w mdf

One Man Gang
06-05-2018, 09:56 PM
I know he mentioned having trouble keeping crew help but as long as Wendell Wallace stays with him he can learn a helluva lot from just listening to him. Wendell has probably forgot more about racing than 90% of these young bucks will ever know.

Illtsate32
06-05-2018, 10:24 PM
I wasnt knocking him as i watch him regionally in the carolinas. I was agreeing w mdf

SS I was meaning myself, I dont knock him forgot to put the I in there lol the arrows was referring to Fergy...

dirtrackfan4
06-06-2018, 11:39 AM
I know Chris personally and am lucky enough to call him a friend. He is not looking to pull out of the series anytime soon. He has talent and a bright future and one hell of a fan base!!! Seen people supporting him at tracks in Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Iowa, etc.

TTS_JF
06-07-2018, 10:13 AM
I think the crew help is a forgotten aspect on a lot of these traveling teams. You think how much time they spend away from home, along with non-race weekends being at the shop throughout the week. That's a huge commitment, that crew members have to make.

I know last year we ran 53 nights, and most of those within a couple hours of the house, and it's still a huge time investment along with the $ I spend along the way just helping a friend race. If you figure $30 for a pit pass that's right at $1600 if the crew member pays his way. Along with that eating, and buying a tire or drum of fuel along the way it adds up quick.

#FALSuperman
06-07-2018, 02:00 PM
I know Chris personally and am lucky enough to call him a friend. He is not looking to pull out of the series anytime soon. He has talent and a bright future and one hell of a fan base!!! Seen people supporting him at tracks in Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Iowa, etc.Definitely has a fan base! He is easy to like. Just a nice person and will talk to anyone anytime. Has a good selection of merchandise. If he ever strings together some big wins and the team gets over that hump, they would be a fun group to follow nationally.

racincowboy02
06-07-2018, 11:40 PM
I sure wish he could get over the hump and get those big wins strung together man that would be awesome.