PDA

View Full Version : Watch Eldora's Dream XXIV LIVE at DirtonDirt.com!

DirtonDirt
06-04-2018, 01:03 PM
For the fifth consecutive year, DirtonDirt.com will work in conjunction with Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio, to bring the Dirt Late Model Dream weekend to you live, with pay-per-view video coverage of every lap set for all three programs.

The 24th annual Dream weekend gets under way Thursday with two complete racing programs headlined by a pair of 25-lap, $5,000-to-win preliminary features, continues Friday with two more complete racing programs headlined by two 25-lap, $10,000-to-win preliminary features and concludes Saturday night with heat races, consolation races and the 100-lap, $100,000-to-win Dirt Late Model Dream finale.

With multiple lap-by-lap announcers and roving reporters, the high-definition broadcasts will feature several cameras, instant replay, live scoring, driver interviews, chat room and much more.

Click here to purchase pay-per-view packages now: http://bit.ly/2xGmZu1 or follow this link for FAQs and more information about the broadcasts: http://bit.ly/2HiqFSx.

As always, for complete coverage of Dream weekend, stay tuned to DirtonDirt.com.

champion24
06-04-2018, 06:20 PM
I see the regular prices, but what is the subscriber discount? Probably be tuned in, unless the Crow has an open seat on Saturday!!

Kryptonite17
06-04-2018, 07:09 PM
I've never bought a paperview from DoD, can anyone tell me if the coverage is worth the price? Doesn't look like I can talk my wife into going to the big E until the World so looks like I may be watching from the couch. Any info on their broadcast is greatly appreciated!

a25rjr
06-04-2018, 07:16 PM
I've never bought a paperview from DoD, can anyone tell me if the coverage is worth the price? Doesn't look like I can talk my wife into going to the big E until the World so looks like I may be watching from the couch. Any info on their broadcast is greatly appreciated!

I've bought 90% of them the past 5 years. Excellent coverage, you wont be disappointed!

Be sure to have an updated computer and fast internet speed. I had some minor issues when I tried to use the slower speeds.

JMill99m
06-04-2018, 07:20 PM
Great coverage if internet speed is solid!

huskerdirt
06-04-2018, 07:36 PM
I see the regular prices, but what is the subscriber discount? Probably be tuned in, unless the Crow has an open seat on Saturday!!

As usual the Eldora races don’t have a subscriber discount.

TackyTracker
06-04-2018, 08:37 PM
a subscriber discount??? What do you expect man at least we get to watch it...

huskerdirt
06-04-2018, 08:40 PM
a subscriber discount??? What do you expect man at least we get to watch it...

The track sets the prices. We’ve been over this before.

If people want, you can go to the Eldora website and see what the discount is they offer.

Mason87
06-04-2018, 08:44 PM
Does anyone know if you can stream through the firestick? Thanks in advance

Chris Thomason
06-04-2018, 08:53 PM

Shiney side 18 and a couple other guys stream that way. Ive not had trouble on the firetv. The thing is it depends on your download speeds much more than the selected device. It needs to be at least 3mbps for optimal use...and you won't get any tech support from dod should something be flakey

Kryptonite17
06-04-2018, 08:59 PM
In my opinion that price is a discount. Think of the money you're saving on gas, tickets, food and beer!

Illtsate32
06-04-2018, 09:54 PM

I got att wi/fi with about 25mbs download speed, watched the dirt on dirt ppv from macon through the silk browser on firestick it never lagged once...

Mason87
06-05-2018, 06:40 AM
Thanks guys and thanks DOD for giving us people who can't travel a way to watch. Money I'll gladly spend

Dlmfan123
06-05-2018, 07:33 AM
Thanks DOD!! Hope I can make it out to the big e for the first time Friday and Saturday

Bubstr
06-05-2018, 06:53 PM
83.85 is quite a bit of money to not be able to see the whole race. If we are at the race, we can watch what we want. On ppv we don't even get a replay a lot of the times. Someone will take that business with better production and cheaper ticket. About the time you think, you have no competition, here come 5 with better product and cheaper price.

huskerdirt
06-05-2018, 07:06 PM
83.85 is quite a bit of money to not be able to see the whole race. If we are at the race, we can watch what we want. On ppv we don't even get a replay a lot of the times. Someone will take that business with better production and cheaper ticket. About the time you think, you have no competition, here come 5 with better product and cheaper price.

That’s the same price of a 3 day ticket. This is what Eldora has charge since the beginning of PPVs.

There’s no competition for PPVs at Eldora because Eldora and lately DoD(along with DirtVision) have exclusive rights.

This conversation gets dumber everytime it comes up. This isn’t hard.

Mason87
06-05-2018, 07:35 PM
Lol, I'll gladly pay 83.85 for my dad, my brother, my wife, my neighbor and myself to watch the race all in the comfort of my own home. I do understand being there is 100 times better but with my job it's almost impossible for me to go and I doubt I can take all those people there with 83 bucks and 2 cases of beer.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-05-2018, 07:59 PM
Very well said. I’m just going to do probably Saturday, $40.00 well spent.

MI Dirt Fan
06-05-2018, 08:31 PM
I'll wait for Eldora to post the highlights on YouTube the next morning

zyoung25
06-05-2018, 10:00 PM
Husker, I'm with ya. The same comments come up every year, and all ya can do is shake your head. It makes ya wonder if anyone even checks that stuff before they complain about It? Apparently not.

NormP
06-06-2018, 05:03 AM

You are the self-proclaimed expert of all things dirt late model, get off your ass and offer us that cheaper, better product.

Or quit whining and let us enjoy the race.

Bubstr
06-06-2018, 06:52 PM
You are the self-proclaimed expert of all things dirt late model, get off your ass and offer us that cheaper, better product.

Or quit whining and let us enjoy the race.

I'm not stopping you from watching a race, or even enjoying it. Just about anyone can see the quality difference between LORTV and it's cheaper per race. If they can do it someone else can, on the other races. Sooner or later someone will figure out that selling in volume is more profitable and rights to races isn't permanent and advertisers may like a part of it.

One of the things for sales, is to make the buyer feel like he is getting more than his money's worth. From what we see, there are some that don't feel that way.If there wasn't a little truth in that, I would be commenting, not whining, according to you.

Some day the dirt ppv will be ferry profitable. I'm just a little too far over the hill to take it on. I can't even leave home for more than a few hours to go to a race. I'm limited to how long my oxygen hose is and I'm still deliberating on buying the ppv. As for myself, I would rather DOD fix it. I like them, but it seems they are charging me for the friends,relatives and guys at the bar,that watched for free.

TackyTracker
06-07-2018, 09:32 AM
normally I'd be home watching with my computer but I might be tuning in at a friend's house and he has a Microsoft surface w/o the HDMI out.. Is there a way to get the broadcast using the surface?? Any help is appreciated...

Mason87
06-07-2018, 09:43 AM
The reason lucas TV is cheaper because it's their own races they are broadcasting, DOD can only do so much with the price I understand some can't afford or don't want to pay that much but I myself feel likes it's a good deal.

Chris Thomason
06-07-2018, 10:06 AM
normally I'd be home watching with my computer but I might be tuning in at a friend's house and he has a Microsoft surface w/o the HDMI out.. Is there a way to get the broadcast using the surface?? Any help is appreciated...

You are asking about getting the broadcast onto a TV right? Your friends computer should at least have a usb port. You could pick up a usb to hdmi converter at best buy, maybe walmart or radio shack. May take some setting changes to tell the usb port to output.

Edit: Kind of expensive for a one time thing...
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/questions/insignia-superspeed-usb-3-0-to-hdmi-external-video-adapter-black/5502701

TTS_JF
06-07-2018, 10:18 AM
Planned on watching tonight, but should be picking up motor today so we can race tomorrow night.

I've wanted to get one of the PPV's for awhile, but I'm not very tech savvy so I'll wait on a night my brother can come over and we can try it out. I don't think the price is bad, and if I can't make it to a race I have no problem paying to watch it.

Krooser
06-07-2018, 11:03 AM
Just too much for my budget....I'll be crewing at Luxemburg Friday night and I'll be a spectator at Shawano Saturday (using my rain out pit pass from last week).

The Dream is a neat deal but I'll wait for the race recap.

TackyTracker
06-07-2018, 12:03 PM
thx Chris for the help.. I figured there had to be an adapter out there to make it work...

chupp n bloomer fan
06-07-2018, 12:27 PM
I'm not stopping you from watching a race, or even enjoying it. Just about anyone can see the quality difference between LORTV and it's cheaper per race. If they can do it someone else can, on the other races. Sooner or later someone will figure out that selling in volume is more profitable and rights to races isn't permanent and advertisers may like a part of it.

One of the things for sales, is to make the buyer feel like he is getting more than his money's worth. From what we see, there are some that don't feel that way.If there wasn't a little truth in that, I would be commenting, not whining, according to you.

Some day the dirt ppv will be ferry profitable. I'm just a little too far over the hill to take it on. I can't even leave home for more than a few hours to go to a race. I'm limited to how long my oxygen hose is and I'm still deliberating on buying the ppv. As for myself, I would rather DOD fix it. I like them, but it seems they are charging me for the friends,relatives and guys at the bar,that watched for free.He’s a multi-millionaire, who owns the very series he has on his network. There really isn’t any competition for DoD or Lucas TV at this time. I think Lucas owns Mav too.

Bubstr
06-07-2018, 02:29 PM
Just because Lucas is a multi-millionaire, doesn't mean he gives money away. It means he is good at making money. If you where to get into that business, Forest Lucas would be a good roll model. I appreciate DOD,for everything the do for the dirt on fan, but there is something wrong with the ppv.

huskerdirt
06-07-2018, 02:53 PM
Just because Lucas is a multi-millionaire, doesn't mean he gives money away. It means he is good at making money. If you where to get into that business, Forest Lucas would be a good roll model. I appreciate DOD,for everything the do for the dirt on fan, but there is something wrong with the ppv.

Like what?

Comparing the equipment DoD is using to Lucas Oil tv is like comparing an apple to a machine gun.

Furthermore, these lucas oil tv races already have the production trucks on site when they tape the races for MavTv. It’s no coincidence that the same races that are tape delayed for tv are the same ones shown live on the streaming channel.

zach51
06-07-2018, 03:07 PM
I think all of the prices are reasonable, but if you are on a tight budget, tonight is probably the best value. You'll get to see basically all of the same cars and two features for $20. That's tough to beat.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-07-2018, 04:04 PM
Just because Lucas is a multi-millionaire, doesn't mean he gives money away. It means he is good at making money. If you where to get into that business, Forest Lucas would be a good roll model. I appreciate DOD,for everything the do for the dirt on fan, but there is something wrong with the ppv.And over the head once again, Jesus. I figured you’d take it that way. Did I say he was into charity, no. The freakin point is, he has so many different areas he makes money, and has so much more capital, he can charge less for a given product. Because as a whole, he is still making good money. And it helps he owns most of the series on his TV/Internet viewing platform.

Mason87
06-07-2018, 04:34 PM
Exactly, I'm lucas oil has a lot more resources than dod like sponsors and I'm sure they have it worked out with the tracks they run at that gives them the right to show on TV. While dod has to negotiate with the track itself that I'm sure they have to pay them or they get a portion of the ppv money.

Planetzer0
06-07-2018, 04:42 PM
I remember 10 years ago on this board everyone complained they couldn't watch the races live. Why cant we get to the point where we can watch Eldora races from our couch if we had to work and couldn't make it there? Now 10 years later its happened and the quality isn't good enough, or the prices are too high. People complaining $85.00 is too much for 3 nights of racing. You can't make anyone happy. I'm pretty grateful to be able to have people over and watch the races live if I cant attend. Watching it live saves me over $500 bucks easily so I would never complain about what Dirt on Dirt does.

Illtsate32
06-07-2018, 04:53 PM
Well heres my take (like anyone cares lol) do I think its a little pricey yes, do I think they could make it a little cheaper yes, am I extremely greatful they have ppv races yes, will I be purchasing the ppv, YES...

a25rjr
06-07-2018, 05:16 PM
I remember 10 years ago on this board everyone complained they couldn't watch the races live. Why cant we get to the point where we can watch Eldora races from our couch if we had to work and couldn't make it there? Now 10 years later its happened and the quality isn't good enough, or the prices are too high. People complaining $85.00 is too much for 3 nights of racing. You can't make anyone happy. I'm pretty grateful to be able to have people over and watch the races live if I cant attend. Watching it live saves me over $500 bucks easily so I would never complain about what Dirt on Dirt does.

Exactly.....it would cost me about $1500 to attend, so $85 is a heckuva deal!

I would much rather be there but at least I get to watch it live on my big screen!

Clayton_Wetter
06-07-2018, 06:13 PM

Some day the dirt ppv will be ferry profitable. I'm just a little too far over the hill to take it on. I can't even leave home for more than a few hours to go to a race. I'm limited to how long my oxygen hose is and I'm still deliberating on buying the ppv. As for myself, I would rather DOD fix it. I like them, but it seems they are charging me for the friends,relatives and guys at the bar,that watched for free.

Maybe you need one of the Inogen portables. https://store.mainclinicsupply.com/inogen-one-g3-portable-oxygen-concentrator-p/inogen-g4.htm#&panel1-2

Bubstr
06-07-2018, 06:47 PM
Maybe you need one of the Inogen portables. https://store.mainclinicsupply.com/inogen-one-g3-portable-oxygen-concentrator-p/inogen-g4.htm#&panel1-2

Thanks for the suggestion Clayton, but they don't make enough %. It takes one 4 foot tank an hour, to be on the safe side. I was just talking to a couple oxygen suppliers. I have COPD and emphysema. Painted too many cars and smoked too much. Now it's time to pay the price. Funny, that didn't kill you 75 years ago. If anyone smokes or works in dirty air,stop it. As my Dr. says, I traded money for years. I could whine as some here would say, but I earned it. I may try Sycamore SN race, if my friend will help.

427c.i.
06-08-2018, 06:25 AM
What about PPV now that night one was rained out and is being ran during the day on Friday? Most folks that PPV do so because of work commitments. Our group will be working during the days events. I would love to apply last nights payment along with paying the difference for tonight’s program if that is an option.
I fully understand that buying ppv is like buying a ticket to the event and rainouts are a possibility, I can accept DoD saying that since they are covering the race that they are honoring the “rain check.” However, it would be nice if applying funds from the rainout to another (tonight’s) event was an option.

00Hdmn
06-08-2018, 07:38 AM
427 I would reach out to DoD, they are always great about helping people and I am sure they would do what you are asking. Seems pretty logical to me, they will still get your money and not make you upset and I am fortunate enough to work at a computer so we will streaming in for the day race at our office. Good Luck!

427c.i.
06-08-2018, 07:48 AM
I wouldn’t be upset. I know the risk going in. Just in the spirit that some tracks let you use your stub at another event, it would be nice to apply our ppv money to an event we will be able to enjoy. I’ll send them an email. I really appreciate being able to have the convenience of ppv at a reasonable cost.

zach51
06-08-2018, 08:18 AM
I've never tried watching on an iPhone via the app but I'm hoping to try today after buying last nights show. My work computer is strict and doesn't let any type of streaming occur. I guess they want me to be productive or something, tyrants.

zach51
06-08-2018, 02:22 PM
Is there not a way to access the live video from the DOD app on my phone or am I just an idiot? Having to go through a normal browser sucks.

NormP
06-08-2018, 08:52 PM
I've never tried watching on an iPhone via the app but I'm hoping to try today after buying last nights show. My work computer is strict and doesn't let any type of streaming occur. I guess they want me to be productive or something, tyrants.

I've watched it on my ipad before with no problem, so I'd say your iphone will be good.

huskerdirt
06-09-2018, 12:36 AM
Is there not a way to access the live video from the DOD app on my phone or am I just an idiot? Having to go through a normal browser sucks.

I usually go through just the safari web browser. Then connect to my AppleTv.