PDA

View Full Version : Chris Ferguson

racincowboy02
06-07-2018, 12:08 AM
I know he has stated that he wouldn't be at the Dream this weekend due to trying to find speed in the car and people have started speculating that he may drop from the world of outlaws series. I see that he is only 254 points back in the points and only 34 points back of Breazeale for the ROY points lead. I guess my question is why does everybdoy think he will pull off of the tour? I look at his stats for the woo series and he has a top 5 and 5 top 10 finishes in the 12 races that they have entered so i mean he is doing something right.

He entered the Memorial Day weekend race at Cherokee and won it and yes that was his first win of the year but it was a pretty good performance. I was sitting with my kids and Benji Hicks just flat out was flying posted the fast time and Fergy was right there with him i mean it was close and then the heat races saw Hicks and Fergy dominate the heats and set the tone for the rest of the night. Hicks came out and was flat out gone and then lap traffic and Fergy on the high side just seemed to be the better car

donavon
06-07-2018, 05:39 AM
Understand the points deal but understand also that in the 12 races he really ran 14 or so because of Florida I think...He was won close to 20,000 on the tour...Does that include the money for being in top 12? He won 5,000 close to home in one race Memorial day weekend...That would make you reconsider doing all the traveling and only average 1500 dollars per race. I have nothing to do with him or his team, just seems easier to race close and take 3-5,000 a race around home..

Jking24
06-07-2018, 05:54 AM
I don't think most smart racers run the woo or Lucas their first year with the expectations of winning more money than they were on a regional level. Ferguson has always been really good in his area and flashed speed at other select events but has always struggled to tie together good finishes. They have had alot of "equipment" failures witch many times is a reflection of maintenance. Racing at that level is a delicate dance of being fast while finding a balance that will be fast for 50 or 100 laps. if everybody involved with his team understands what they signed up for they will be fine Just gonna take time.

#FALSuperman
06-07-2018, 01:52 PM
Only thing I can add to the opening statement is that 254 points down is like being 450 down in Lucas. The structure of WOO's point system makes it look like more drivers are in the points chase than really have a chance.

racincowboy02
06-07-2018, 10:44 PM
Yall make great points and i was just trying to understand why people are saying he would pull off the tour i hope yall don't think i am bashing him at all cause that wasn't my intentions at all. I would love to see him stay on tour and get the experience he needed for the other tracks away from his home area and be able to put together a great team and make some noise and show people outside of the south that he is good enough to run with the big dogs and take home a points championship from a big time national tour. I didn't expect him to dominate or be killing it this year as this is his first try at following a tour i just want to see him do well and get the confidence he needs at tracks away from his home area to be able to go out and kill it for the rest of the time he spends racing

super_latemodel_fan
06-08-2018, 10:49 AM
Will be a large Miracle to make the whole tour with 1 car and 1 motor

wastingmoney
06-08-2018, 11:47 AM
Will be a large Miracle to make the whole tour with 1 car and 1 motor Jordan Yaggy did it in 2015. got 2nd in ROY points and I believe 11th in overall points. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

super_latemodel_fan
06-08-2018, 01:04 PM
Jordan Yaggy did it in 2015. got 2nd in ROY points and I believe 11th in overall points. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Could not agree more - Very impressive but none the less a very tall order.

jog49
06-09-2018, 11:03 AM
Ferguson's aspirations are at the Lucas Oil and WoO level but his skills are not at that level. You've got to be able to drive on all sorts of track conditions across the country and his skill set, for the most part, is still in regional racing. If he was an explosive talent, as some think, he would have been picked up by a nationally competing team by now and he has not earned that opportunity. Will he? Who knows.

huskerdirt
06-09-2018, 11:14 AM
Only thing I can add to the opening statement is that 254 points down is like being 450 down in Lucas. The structure of WOO's point system makes it look like more drivers are in the points chase than really have a chance.

It’s more like a 1000 points.

Josh Bayko
06-09-2018, 11:27 AM
Ferguson's aspirations are at the Lucas Oil and WoO level but his skills are not at that level. You've got to be able to drive on all sorts of track conditions across the country and his skill set, for the most part, is still in regional racing. If he was an explosive talent, as some think, he would have been picked up by a nationally competing team by now and he has not earned that opportunity. Will he? Who knows.

Touring a full year very well might take his skills to that level. Almost every driver that goes on tour ends up a better driver for it, even if their year or two touring Is full of lumps.

No_Weak_Links
06-09-2018, 11:38 AM
Ferguson's aspirations are at the Lucas Oil and WoO level but his skills are not at that level. You've got to be able to drive on all sorts of track conditions across the country and his skill set, for the most part, is still in regional racing. If he was an explosive talent, as some think, he would have been picked up by a nationally competing team by now and he has not earned that opportunity. Will he? Who knows.Don't really agree with, "If he was an explosive talent, as some think, he would have been picked up by a nationally competing team by now and he has not earned that opportunity." A lot if not most drivers on teams are either family of money, or legacy drivers like NASCAR, carrying on the family name. Their are many great drivers who's abilities will never get them a chance to be on a big time team.

FF21
06-10-2018, 05:16 PM
He is a good driver but needs to work on his maintenance program......seems to break a lot.

AHydro23
07-04-2018, 08:41 PM
Did he drop off the WoO Tour? His website has all the dates in July & beyond wiped out.

MI Dirt Fan
07-04-2018, 08:50 PM
Did he drop off the WoO Tour? His website has all the dates in July & beyond wiped out.

Pretty sure it's been like that since the Dream

HIGH ROLLER
07-04-2018, 09:00 PM
Did he drop off the WoO Tour? His website has all the dates in July & beyond wiped out.Not yet He has been at last wknds shows

rickybrown1952
07-04-2018, 09:15 PM
I seen this guy one time last Saturday at I-55 Raceway pevely mo did not impresse me whatsoever I think he wants to be like the big boys but don't have the ability

plunks7
07-04-2018, 09:55 PM
I seen this guy one time last Saturday at I-55 Raceway pevely mo did not impresse me whatsoever I think he wants to be like the big boys but don't have the ability

This is the way I feel about Jackie Boggs.

Dlmfan123
07-04-2018, 11:13 PM
He will be the woo Roy

donaldduck
07-04-2018, 11:46 PM
rumor is he has sold his car and is waiting for a new car so he is dropping off the tour. the new car is not a rocket or longhorn or barry wright .

edavis71
07-05-2018, 12:15 AM

I hope Fergy wins at your home track tonight!!!

Dlmfan123
07-05-2018, 01:24 AM
Will be a large Miracle to make the whole tour with 1 car and 1 motor Well there’s always 2 cars in his hauler so?

tsand
07-05-2018, 06:48 AM
Ferguson's aspirations are at the Lucas Oil and WoO level but his skills are not at that level. You've got to be able to drive on all sorts of track conditions across the country and his skill set, for the most part, is still in regional racing. If he was an explosive talent, as some think, he would have been picked up by a nationally competing team by now and he has not earned that opportunity. Will he? Who knows.picked up by a national team? There is only a few national teams in dirt latemodels a handful at most. I Know for a Fact that has turned down rides to stay with the family team. He's won on the Lucas tour he's won on the woolms tour holds the track record at eldora and about 7 other track records. Won the USA nationals at vm. Multiple regional championships. All with his family team.

GA-DIRT
07-05-2018, 06:58 AM
I hope Fergy wins at your home track tonight!!!

Right on,go Fergy👍

Switchback29A1
07-05-2018, 07:07 AM
They had 2 cars for in 2016 for a few weeks when they had a rocket and a longhorn. After they sold the longhorn they haven’t had 2 cars at any point in time

ptown
07-05-2018, 07:43 AM

He's treated like royalty at Fairbury.

a25rjr
07-05-2018, 01:45 PM
He gone!

http://www.dirtondirt.com/dirtwire.php?id=5044

Pennsboro23
07-05-2018, 02:10 PM
He gone!

http://www.dirtondirt.com/dirtwire.php?id=5044

His facebook states that they're going to make big changes, another chassis switch I'm sure. I'm sure he'd find better success just running regionally like he has in past years.

Tireguy17
07-05-2018, 02:16 PM
If you can't be competitive on the WoO Tour running an XR1 with the house team there for support.....I don't think you're made to be on a national tour.

PRCKartRacer9
07-05-2018, 02:19 PM
I'm thinking he'll have an ICON or two

Illtsate32
07-05-2018, 02:29 PM
I could bump a thread and some people would sound silly, but I wont...

HIGH ROLLER
07-05-2018, 02:30 PM
He did this last yr also.

MI Dirt Fan
07-05-2018, 02:32 PM
If you can't be competitive on the WoO Tour running an XR1 with the house team there for support.....I don't think you're made to be on a national tour.

You'd think BUT you'd be surprised...

HIGH ROLLER
07-05-2018, 03:09 PM
I'm thinking he'll have an ICON or two

I think your right

Tireguy17
07-05-2018, 03:41 PM
Chris Madden is fast in whatever car he drives (Zero, Longhorn, ICON), is anyone else doing anything in one? I don't follow the southern regional scene.

President Clinton
07-05-2018, 03:45 PM
Probably going to Capital???? I think he can drive, but he is to worried about being a typical kid and not putting the effort in maintaining equipment to run at that level.

donaldduck
07-05-2018, 03:49 PM
He's headed to the dark side

Clayton_Wetter
07-05-2018, 03:56 PM
Star Wars??? confused: :)

Planetzer0
07-05-2018, 04:21 PM
Not really a surprise what chassis he will be running. I think it was mentioned weeks ago on here.

Planetzer0
07-05-2018, 04:23 PM
I guess when you're about to lose sponsors you better start making money in other areas. LOL.

Barbecueboy
07-05-2018, 05:07 PM
I could bump a thread and some people would sound silly, but I wont...

The thread where people said Chris would win as many woo races this year as Bobby would win on Lucas?

That would be silly.

Imo.....Chris took a step back in performance when they switched to the rocket car.
They aren't for everyone.

No_Weak_Links
07-05-2018, 05:28 PM
He's a stand-up guy and a good driver. Truth be known he just wasnt ready for such a big jump. Most of the people on here have no clue what knowledge and experience means following a national tour. You haven't heard the last of Fergy, and he will probably make a lot of 4M'ers eat some crow before he's done.

HIGH ROLLER
07-05-2018, 05:36 PM
The thread where people said Chris would win as many woo races this year as Bobby would win on Lucas?

That would be silly.

Imo.....Chris took a step back in performance when they switched to the rocket car.

I think there were issues that concerened them when he wrecked the longhorn he had. Thats when he went back to rocket. He was better in the longhorn in my opinion. I think he will end up in a icon as he has had a bwrc before.

HIGH ROLLER
07-05-2018, 05:40 PM
He's a stand-up guy and a good driver. Truth be known he just wasnt ready for such a big jump. Most of the people on here have no clue what knowledge and experience means following a national tour. You haven't heard the last of Fergy, and he will probably make a lot of 4M'ers eat some crow before he's done.

Chris did this move before. He said he wasnt going national til he was ready. This yr he was ready. Must be something else within program tjat came up who knows

One Man Gang
07-05-2018, 05:47 PM
I'm thinking he's one of them that was mentioned about 3 weeks ago that was going to the Bloomquist chassis. Just a guess I'm probably wrong but we'll know shortly I'm sure.

Barbecueboy
07-05-2018, 07:04 PM

No doubt about it , Chris has the talent.......

donaldduck
07-05-2018, 07:29 PM
I'm thinking he's one of them that was mentioned about 3 weeks ago that was going to the Bloomquist chassis. Just a guess I'm probably wrong but we'll know shortly I'm sure.Winner winner chicken dinner

bleedblue55
07-05-2018, 07:41 PM

That would be silly.

He took a step back in performance when he started running against stiffer competition. Maybe he'll regroup and come back better prepared for the rigors of touring.

Barbecueboy
07-05-2018, 08:04 PM
He took a step back in performance when he started running against stiffer competition. Maybe he'll regroup and come back better prepared for the rigors of touring.

I thought he ran the xr1 rocket some prior to going on tour with woo........and if not mistaken beat the same woo guys a couple times before he went on tour with them while in the longhorn.

Just don't think the xr1 rocket suits him all that well......not bashing rocket because clearly it's a piece that people win in.....a lot.

President Clinton
07-05-2018, 08:12 PM
I thought this guy was under funded???????? After reading all the chassis being swapped and number of cars he has had........gonna call bs on funding!!!!!

No_Weak_Links
07-05-2018, 08:38 PM
I thought this guy was under funded???????? After reading all the chassis being swapped and number of cars he has had........gonna call bs on funding!!!!!He had 1 car and I believe 1 motor....now he has 0 cars and I believe 1 motor.....you want to tell me who on a national tour is running less?

chupp n bloomer fan
07-05-2018, 08:39 PM
I thought this guy was under funded???????? After reading all the chassis being swapped and number of cars he has had........gonna call bs on funding!!!!!Just like the poor farmers and their new combines and new Chevy High Country 4x4 Duramax’s.

a25rjr
07-05-2018, 08:49 PM
He's headed to the dark side

As long as he doesn't trip and fall on the trailer tongue......or pee in a bottle! :)

HIGH ROLLER
07-05-2018, 08:55 PM
He had 1 car and I believe 1 motor....now he has 0 cars and I believe 1 motor.....you want to tell me who on a national tour is running less?

Doesnt make any sence does it.

Josh Bayko
07-05-2018, 09:12 PM
I’d bet he already has the new equipment and is taking the month off to prepare it. If I had to guess, it’s probably a BWRC Icon car. He’s been following a bad fast one the whole all season so far.

Josh Bayko
07-05-2018, 09:15 PM
I thought he ran the xr1 rocket some prior to going on tour with woo........and if not mistaken beat the same woo guys a couple times before he went on tour with them while in the longhorn.

Just don't think the xr1 rocket suits him all that well......not bashing rocket because clearly it's a piece that people win in.....a lot.

IIRC, he had a hard wreck in a Longhorn and some of the welds broke, so he switched to the Rocket.

HIGH ROLLER
07-05-2018, 09:29 PM
IIRC, he had a hard wreck in a Longhorn and some of the welds broke, so he switched to the Rocket.

I heard this same thing from his mom at cherokee just after the wreck.

Bigdirtfan
07-05-2018, 09:33 PM
Haha, ya i love hearing my local farmers talk about their money issues, while sitting in the $80000 ranch king.

TMaCiLLiNi39
07-05-2018, 10:00 PM
Haha, ya i love hearing my local farmers talk about their money issues, while sitting in the $80000 ranch king.

If you knew the story of that hauler and how little money they have in it, it would boggle your mind

flagone
07-05-2018, 10:03 PM
He does not have the equipment yet.

MI Dirt Fan
07-05-2018, 11:53 PM

I thought he was in Rocket when he claimed Richards wrecked him during Speedweeks and he went to Longhorn

chupp n bloomer fan
07-06-2018, 03:51 AM
That was Timothy Culp MI.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-06-2018, 03:57 AM
If you knew the story of that hauler and how little money they have in it, it would boggle your mindIt is a pick up Ernie. Ford King Ranch edition. We are talking about farmers, it is a good analogy. They can complain about money all they want, point is they still have very expensive race cars. So they got money somehow someway. You either can afford it or you cannot. I cannot, and I don’t think I would if I could, unless I was single, which I am not, with no kids, I have two. Ferguson I think is single, or at least no kids.

With him not running well, it’s the best decision for him no doubt. Regroup and try again in the future.

President Clinton
07-06-2018, 05:20 AM
Guess them new souvenir trailers are dirt cheap too? Hahaha nothing wrong with having money, just don’t play the poor pitiful lack of resources card and let everything around you show otherwise?????

donaldduck
07-06-2018, 06:32 AM
its called making payments. yes they got nice equipment but it took about ten years to get to where their at. heard they had to sale old car before they could pay for new car. i dont think chris gets any of what the car wins everthing goes back into the team. i think chis and his dad works full time jobs and his dad does a few side jobs to keep the team going.

Barbecueboy
07-06-2018, 01:54 PM
its called making payments. yes they got nice equipment but it took about ten years to get to where their at. heard they had to sale old car before they could pay for new car. i dont think chris gets any of what the car wins everthing goes back into the team. i think chis and his dad works full time jobs and his dad does a few side jobs to keep the team going.

It appears to be a family affair with everybody pitching in..........I've spoken to Chris, his brother, his Dad on multiple occasions and never once got the feeling they were poor mouthing about being underfunded......even though they are comparative to most of the full time touring teams.

I think it's great they do it as a family, and do it pretty well.

Most of the 4m ballers just pay cash for their stuff, they don't understand making payments, lol.

Josh Bayko
07-06-2018, 02:13 PM
He probably doesn’t have enough funding behind him to give a national tour a legit shot, but I can’t fault him for trying. He wants to do it and you only live once.

Mike Honcho
07-06-2018, 10:41 PM
Saw a photo of Fergy celebrating in victory lane at Cherokee tonight

HIGH ROLLER
07-06-2018, 10:44 PM

I would likely say thats ur answer on new chassis. Could be wrong but theres a reason for being there and helping on car.

jlacey
07-06-2018, 11:14 PM

Yeah he was helping Bloomer in the pits tonight

a25rjr
07-06-2018, 11:14 PM
I would likely say thats ur answer on new chassis. Could be wrong but theres a reason for being there and helping on car.

I sure hope you bet the house on that Zero car tonite! :)

jog49
07-06-2018, 11:28 PM
"Just like the poor farmers and their new combines and new Chevy High Country 4x4 Duramax’s. "

That brought a tear to my eye!

Dlmfan123
07-06-2018, 11:42 PM
Fergy helping bloomer.. I’m gonna say it’s. Anew. Sweet bloomquist race car

President Clinton
07-07-2018, 05:51 AM
Fergy gonna straighten Bloomer or Bloomer gonna have Fergy on drugs?????
Very odd pairing?????

chupp n bloomer fan
07-07-2018, 07:13 AM
And if he ends up in a SB, fits just fine. Glad I could tear you up. Racers and farmers, two of a kind.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-07-2018, 07:24 AM
Very odd pairing?????

It seems hanging with Bloomer leads to drugs.

a25rjr
07-07-2018, 07:29 AM
It seems hanging with Bloomer leads to drugs.

and......big checks!

bleedblue55
07-07-2018, 07:30 AM
Very odd pairing?????

Maybe Randy Sweet could answer that for ya

Barbecueboy
07-07-2018, 09:21 AM
You guys haven't really paid attention to the symbol on the side of Scott's car all these years have you?

President Clinton
07-07-2018, 02:54 PM
Scott’s symbol is Chinese , we speak only American here.

MI Dirt Fan
07-07-2018, 03:03 PM
Can't believe a Clinton just said that.

a25rjr
07-07-2018, 03:08 PM
Can't believe a Clinton just said that.

I think he thought the "free" in NAFTA, meant we got all the imports for free, like all the women he had in the Oral...I mean...oval office! :)

Mason87
07-07-2018, 03:13 PM
American isn't a language, it's called English.

Josh Bayko
07-07-2018, 06:02 PM
American isn't a language, it's called English.

I don’t know if that’s totally true. The English we speak in America has some pretty different words that we use for stuff than they do in other places that are English speaking. The slang is especially different.

HoosierDirtFan
07-08-2018, 03:39 AM
Just come across this.
Ferguson was in Bloomquist pit last nigh at Cherokee helping work on the car.
Supposedly he has 2 Sweet-Bloomquist cars on order.
Can anyone confirm this.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-08-2018, 06:47 AM
Just come across this.
Ferguson was in Bloomquist pit last nigh at Cherokee helping work on the car.
Supposedly he has 2 Sweet-Bloomquist cars on order.
Can anyone confirm this.

Must be flat broke.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-08-2018, 08:14 AM
It’s still English man, just a different dialect. Just like you got your Southern slang and your Boston folks.

President Clinton
07-08-2018, 08:25 AM
I am aware of our language. Sarcasm is the reason for the terminology used. Forgot I was in English class? I was busy brushing up on my Ebonics. Thanks

Josh Bayko
07-08-2018, 08:34 AM
Oh, I know. I was being mostly sarcastic. It’s usually just slang that’s different. Great Britain has very different slang from America, who has very different slang from Australia, who has very different slang from Singapore, who has very different....

a25rjr
07-08-2018, 09:00 AM
You Yankees are the ones with the slang.....us southerners speak....naturally! :)

chupp n bloomer fan
07-08-2018, 09:50 AM
You Yankees are the ones with the slang.....us southerners speak....naturally! :)Y’all come back now ya hear.;)

Barbecueboy
07-08-2018, 12:52 PM
Ellie may.....for the win.

a25rjr
07-08-2018, 01:58 PM
Ellie may.....for the win.

She was pretty dadgum hot, back in the day! :)

President Clinton
07-09-2018, 05:38 AM
Monica is still the cat’s meow!

Dlmfan123
07-09-2018, 05:04 PM
Heard a rumor today zeigler may be dropping off Lucas as well. Not sure if it’s true but I sure hope not. Has a solid shot at the roy title now

Josh Bayko
07-09-2018, 05:30 PM
Mason and his wife are expecting. Speaking from experience, the prospect of having kids changes your priorities quite a bit.

Dlmfan123
07-09-2018, 05:47 PM
Mason and his wife are expecting. Speaking from experience, the prospect of having kids changes your priorities quite a bit.I think not being in the show up money deal isn’t helping either. Hope they find a way to dig threw cuz he’s been running strong the last 2 months

Josh Bayko
07-09-2018, 06:23 PM
He definitely has been running better lately.

I do think running regionally would probably be the better move for him, though. There are a ton of specials within a few hours of the shop. He’d be in contention most nights and would be spending a lot, lot less on diesel.