PDA

View Full Version : Drivers Leading The Way Into The Future

racincowboy02
06-07-2018, 12:15 AM
I would like to see who yall think are the drivers that will take this sport that we love so much into the future once the likes of Bloomquist Moyer McDowell Babb have called it quits and moved on to either running their own teams or building chassis and not racing at all anymore

Pennsboro23
06-07-2018, 07:06 AM
The sport has so many good young drivers..

Pierce, Sheppard, O' Neal, Erb, Moran, Ferguson, Overton, Culp, Gilpin, Dohm, Carpenter, Hawkins, Satterlee, Bronson, Blair, Miley. I'm forgetting a few, I'm sure.

Guys like Josh Richards, and Jonathan Davenport aren't old either.

TTS_JF
06-07-2018, 10:06 AM
I think of the ones mentioned above 4 really stand out to me:

Tyler Carpenter, Devin Moran, Hudson O'neal, B-Shep

All these guys have the racing bloodline, and while 3 of the 4 run a series if they have an off night tour wise their usually somewhere else racing.

CageFaraday
06-07-2018, 10:31 AM
I would like to see who yall think are the drivers that will take this sport that we love so much into the future once the likes of Bloomquist Moyer McDowell Babb have called it quits and moved on to either running their own teams or building chassis and not racing at all anymore

This isn't meant as a dig at anyone, there are several well funded talented young drivers about, but... I don't see anyone, that I am aware of that are capable of filling either Bloomquist, Moyer, Moran, Mars or even Babb's driving shoes. What I mean is these guys didn't just win a lot of races, they helped push the design of the cars forward with their own hands, their own ideas. They took, "built" cars and changed them or modified them in an effort to be better than the rest, some eventually opting to build their own so the car would be exactly what they envisioned. I don't see any younger guys doing anything like that, they just all seem content to run whats available and if it doesn't work for them they change cars like they change underwear. So yeah there are some good wheel men coming along, but I prefer the total package, "Racer" as to just a driver. Feel me?

TTS_JF
06-07-2018, 10:46 AM
CageFarady

The quote isn't working but the Carpenters build their own Chassis? To your point wouldn't he be considered a "Racer" in your book?

hucktyson
06-07-2018, 11:05 AM
Carpenter , O’Neil and Moran stand out but pierce doesn’t ? Lol must be those back to front charges they’ve had to win Crown Jewels ... ohh wait ....

CageFaraday
06-07-2018, 11:06 AM
CageFarady

The quote isn't working but the Carpenters build their own Chassis? To your point wouldn't he be considered a "Racer" in your book?

Yes, Tyler would fit the bill. Thanks, I'd forgotten about him.

Josh Bayko
06-07-2018, 11:21 AM
The sport has so many good young drivers..

Pierce, Sheppard, O' Neal, Erb, Moran, Ferguson, Overton, Culp, Gilpin, Dohm, Carpenter, Hawkins, Satterlee, Bronson, Blair, Miley. I'm forgetting a few, I'm sure.

Guys like Josh Richards, and Jonathan Davenport aren't old either.

You know Gregg Satterlee is older than Richards, right?

Pennsboro23
06-07-2018, 11:26 AM
You know Gregg Satterlee is older than Richards, right?

I figured they were around the same age, but everybody thinks Josh is older because he's been around forever. That's why I listed him and Davenport together at the bottom, both are still young but more accomplished than the others I named. Wasn't really putting anyone in an age category or anything but thanks..

Jking24
06-07-2018, 11:45 AM
I don't know his name but the guy that builds stinger chassis witch is what Michael page had been cleaning up with is pretty young i think like 23

TTS_JF
06-07-2018, 12:31 PM
hucktyson: your 100% correct I should've listed Pierce and that makes a good solid list of younger guys

Moran,Pierce,Carpenter,B-Shepp,O'neal

Mantis
06-07-2018, 01:28 PM
I don't know his name but the guy that builds stinger chassis witch is what Michael page had been cleaning up with is pretty young i think like 23

Chase King - 24 years old.

racincowboy02
06-07-2018, 10:48 PM
Would yall say Madden is par tof the old guys or is he still young enough to take over once the true legends or older guys say they quit

Thanks for the names its interesting to see what yall come up with i think it is interesting to see the names that yall are seeing that i usually don't see since im in the south