PDA

View Full Version : And STILL ......

hucktyson
06-10-2018, 06:53 AM
I know Snort has his Nutttt riders mainly on this board who consider him far superior to Bloomquist ... but ... lol lol lol lol 35 years Scott has been doing this , Maybe Lance needs to spend a couple million more or maybe he just needs to buy a few kilos for Snort ... The GOAT argument should have been over 15 years ago, as long as Scott still drives is how long he will be the best in history AND the best active driver period .

dirtcrazy4u
06-10-2018, 06:58 AM
Can't take it away from the guy. He DA'MAN.....Even his haters watch him probably more than, the guy they came to watch !,,

golddirt
06-10-2018, 07:14 AM
I will say this, he did stink up the show pretty bad just so dominant.

MI Dirt Fan
06-10-2018, 07:42 AM
The fact that he started 15th and was dominant is something. Starting on the front row and dominating is stinking up the show.

rickybrown1952
06-10-2018, 08:11 AM
I don't care for Bloomquist much but he's a great driver check his record I mean he went to the emergency room come back went racing and won the Dream for the 8th time

Centeroff
06-10-2018, 08:14 AM
First night out on the new car and we all watched the result. Hope the haters enjoyed that because he was on cruise control!

golddirt
06-10-2018, 08:22 AM
Now I know why I don't like bloomer, a lot of his fans

Highside Hustler25
06-10-2018, 08:49 AM
Absolutely unbelievable. Then again, no, it's not. You almost expect it at Eldora with Scott.

TackyTracker
06-10-2018, 09:13 AM
although I'm shocked that I got to see that happen last night I guess I'm really not shocked... Congrats to the 0 and crew... that was fun to watch

CIRF
06-10-2018, 09:41 AM
It's a given that ol' bloomy could jump into any other car at Eldora this weekend and win just as decisively as he did in his own car. It's all driver in the SLM's, right?

Hoosier_Dirt
06-10-2018, 09:50 AM
He was on a rail for sure. Deserving of the win.

CageFaraday
06-10-2018, 09:54 AM
It's a given that ol' bloomy could jump into any other car at Eldora this weekend and win just as decisively as he did in his own car. It's all driver in the SLM's, right?

Picking up on heavy sarcasm. No, its a total package:
Phenomenal Driver(GOAT) + Superb Engine + Precision designed and tuned chassis + Decades of experience + Unmatched preparation = A win made to look effortless, but in reality it was a monumental effort years in the making.

Like I said in another post about the younger drivers coming along, I see a few drivers, but almost no true racers.

Bloomquist is a "Racer" of the highest order, deserving of the moniker that is, "G.O.A.T."

CIRF
06-10-2018, 10:02 AM
Picking up on heavy sarcasm. No, its a total package:
Phenomenal Driver(GOAT) + Superb Engine + Precision designed and tuned chassis + Decades of experience + Unmatched preparation = A win made to look effortless, but in reality it was a monumental effort years in the making.

Like I said in another post about the younger drivers coming along, I see a few drivers, but almost no true racers.

Bloomquist is a "Racer" of the highest order, deserving of the moniker that is, "G.O.A.T."

Cage, can ya' be just a bit more specific in reference to the "G.O.A.T." thing?

chupp n bloomer fan
06-10-2018, 10:03 AM
It's a given that ol' bloomy could jump into any other car at Eldora this weekend and win just as decisively as he did in his own car. It's all driver in the SLM's, right?Lemme guess, Kyle Larson could jump in everyone else’s sprint and win right? Since when did a guy who controls and knows everything about his program, instead of being a hired gun, become a negative? I know, since it fits someone’s ridiculous argument.

And no, he could not. He likes his cars a very certain way. When the craze was jacked up and three wheelin, guess how many tires were contacting the ground for Bloomer, 4. And unless he has to drive with only 3, it’ll always be 4 on the ground. And driving the car straight as possible.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-10-2018, 10:04 AM
Cage, can ya' be just a bit more specific in reference to the "G.O.A.T." thing?Greatest Of All Time(GOAT), in a late model.

CageFaraday
06-10-2018, 10:05 AM
cage, can ya' be just a bit more specific in reference to the "g.o.a.t." thing?

(G.O.A.T.) Greatest of all time.

CIRF
06-10-2018, 10:34 AM
Greatest Of All Time(GOAT), in a late model.

Thank you for expanding and clarifying the "G.O.A.T." thing as being specific to dirt late models. You'll get no dissension on that point from me or anyone else who has the least bit of background in DLM racing.

Kyle Larson really has no bearing on this particular point. Although he has proven many times he can win in anything he drives from go-carts to the highest levels of prototype sports cars and stock cars. But, when a man is considered the best driver that's ever been, as is considered to be fact in reference to bloomy in most DLM racing circles, he probably could/should be able to win in a DLM other than his own. Or is that an unrealistic expectation? If it's unrealistic I'll gladly digress.

Dirt Racing #1
06-10-2018, 10:45 AM
Why go use a diff race car? How does jd fair. When Kevin isn’t setting his car up?

CIRF
06-10-2018, 10:50 AM
Ahhhh. You make a very good point. That aspect raises just a few questions regarding the whole G.O.A.T. thing.

Cardirt0
06-10-2018, 10:54 AM
He Maybe loved and Hate more then most. But he can Kick A$$ in a LM Just how it is. Live with it.

Mason87
06-10-2018, 11:00 AM
Didn't he drive other chassis brands through out his career. So he has driven other cars and won right? Or did he just start winning when he started his own chassis?

CIRF
06-10-2018, 11:04 AM
He Maybe loved and Hate more then most. But he can Kick A$$ in a LM Just how it is. Live with it.

Gary, if that's directed at me then I must say I'm with you 100%. I've enjoyed watching bloomy race and win since the 1980's and have nothing at all against him. From a personal standpoint a proper and objective perspective is best maintained. Unfortunately, that doesn't always make for fair and balanced conversation.

CageFaraday
06-10-2018, 11:05 AM
Thank you for expanding and clarifying the "G.O.A.T." thing as being specific to dirt late models. You'll get no dissension on that point from me or anyone else who has the least bit of background in DLM racing.

Kyle Larson really has no bearing on this particular point. Although he has proven many times he can win in anything he drives from go-carts to the highest levels of prototype sports cars and stock cars. But, when a man is considered the best driver that's ever been, as is considered to be fact in reference to bloomy in most DLM racing circles, he probably could/should be able to win in a DLM other than his own. Or is that an unrealistic expectation? If it's unrealistic I'll gladly digress.
We lets see, Bloomquist has won races in these brands:
Rayburn
Mastersbilt
Warrior
Barry Wright
Zero

add to that he's won with different suspension designs too: Mono-leafs & coils, 4-link and Swing arm

Bloomquist isn't just a driver, he is a racer. What i mean is, he can do it all. I realize in open wheel that the cars are all so very similar that switching back and forth from brand to brand is less of an issue, but in DLM there is so much more that matters is regards to setup and design. Bloomquist not only is a legendary wheelman, but a superb setup man, a designer and strategist. Sprints run short races by nature and tend to be more rewarding to pure bravado, but most DLM crown jewels run longer races and require more than just laying the accelerator to the mat and throwing sliders for 30-40 laps. I'm not insulting sprinters, you know I love non-wing sprints, but it is a different style of racing. I know Bloomquist can win in any car, but not necessarily with just any setup under it, no one can.

Cardirt0
06-10-2018, 11:07 AM
Gary, if that's directed at me then I must say I'm with you 100%. I've enjoyed watching bloomy race and win since the 1980's and have nothing at all against him. From a personal standpoint a proper and objective perspective is best maintained. Unfortunately, that doesn't always make for fair and balanced conversation.

Not just you to all on here. Love or hate him hes good at what he does.

CIRF
06-10-2018, 11:07 AM
Didn't he drive other chassis brands through out his career. So he has driven other cars and won right? Or did he just start winning when he started his own chassis?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but bloomy has always drove racecars that he personally owned and was integrally involved in the preparation and maintenance of those racecars.

CageFaraday
06-10-2018, 11:12 AM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but bloomy has always drove racecars that he personally owned and was integrally involved in the preparation and maintenance of those racecars.

Yes, see above list. That's what makes him goat, only Moyer can be mentioned in same category.

NormP
06-10-2018, 11:13 AM
Why go use a diff race car? How does jd fair. When Kevin isn’t setting his car up?

Take it easy, you'll upset his bootlickers. They don't like it when the truth smacks them in the face. Notice how the crowing isn't nearly as loud today after the greatest ever put on a clinic last night?

There's no one better than Bloomquist at Eldora. Undisputed king of that place.

SHOE32
06-10-2018, 11:19 AM
Did anyone read the article from Kyle Bronson about him going to Bloomers shop to get his new cars ready. Bronson is one tough s.o.b but even he said he needs to step up his commitment after seeing first hand how long Scott stays up working on his cars. He said his usual hours of shop time were nothing compared to the hours he witnessed Scott putting I down there. That's why he is so good. Hard work.

Cardirt0
06-10-2018, 11:19 AM
Will Little Bobby if getting better and Better in his car. I see him as the next driver to hit it big. Hes in only his 2nd car not of the same name. and not doing bad in it. When he gets the car going like he wants look out.

Illtsate32
06-10-2018, 11:21 AM
I actually like Scott and his attitude, if your the best (and he is), nothing wrong with letting people know it from time to time, its a few of the bloomer bots on here, and I call em bots they may as well you will never put a face to them, that cast Scott in a negative light for people who really dont have an opinion one way or another about him. Constantly trying to act like they are giving you knowledge on something that if you have ever been involved with dlm racing, has been blatantly obvious for the past 25-30 years...

CIRF
06-10-2018, 11:21 AM
Rayburn
Mastersbilt
Warrior
Barry Wright
Zero

add to that he's won with different suspension designs too: Mono-leafs & coils, 4-link and Swing arm

Bloomquist isn't just a driver, he is a racer. What i mean is, he can do it all. I realize in open wheel that the cars are all so very similar that switching back and forth from brand to brand is less of an issue, but in DLM there is so much more that matters is regards to setup and design. Bloomquist not only is a legendary wheelman, but a superb setup man, a designer and strategist. Sprints run short races by nature and tend to be more rewarding to pure bravado, but most DLM crown jewels run longer races and require more than just laying the accelerator to the mat and throwing sliders for 30-40 laps. I'm not insulting sprinters, you know I love non-wing sprints, but it is a different style of racing. I know Bloomquist can win in any car, but not necessarily with just any setup under it, no one can.

I agree with everything you say, Cage. Especially the part about pure bravado. The margin for error in the top echelon's of dirt open wheel racing is as thin as it gets and time and laps to get to the front are always in short supply. Excluding Silver Crown races in regards to time and laps since all but one of those races are 100 laps with no scheduled pit stops.

Back on point.

So you are of the opinion that ol' bloomy can win in most anyone else's DLM without spending any extra money if he can put his favored setup under him? Fair enough. Obviously he's much better than I ever thought.

Dirt Racing #1
06-10-2018, 11:25 AM
Here is a question.Bloomer drive someone’s else car. Not being a sweet bloomer chassisBut jd can’t have rumley set his car up.Who’s going to have more success?

Cardirt0
06-10-2018, 11:26 AM
I agree with everything you say, Cage. Especially the part about pure bravado. The margin for error in the top echelon's of dirt open wheel racing is as thin as it gets and time and laps to get to the front are always in short supply. Excluding Silver Crown races in regards to time and laps since all but one of those races are 100 laps with no scheduled pit stops.

Back on point.

So you are of the opinion that ol' bloomy can win in most anyone else's DLM without spending any extra money if he can put his favored setup under him? Fair enough. Obviously he's much better than I ever thought.

Bloom gets out of the car after hot laps and say 3 to 10 words and the crew goes to work. This is why hes so good. been by his pit more the once and hes on top of it all the time.

Dirt Racing #1
06-10-2018, 11:27 AM
Pierce is good but still dangerous. Needs to learn to drive clean. He’s still young. Plus he needs to be effective in middle & bottom of the track

CIRF
06-10-2018, 11:27 AM
Yes, see above list. That's what makes him goat of dlm's, only Moyer can be mentioned in same category.I fixed the goat part for you, Cage! LOL!

Learn something every day. I never knew ol' bloomy drove cars owned, prepared and maintained by someone else. I never knew, at some point in his career, that all he had to do was show up at the racetrack with his helmet bag and his talent.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-10-2018, 11:30 AM

Kyle Larson really has no bearing on this particular point. Although he has proven many times he can win in anything he drives from go-carts to the highest levels of prototype sports cars and stock cars. But, when a man is considered the best driver that's ever been, as is considered to be fact in reference to bloomy in most DLM racing circles, he probably could/should be able to win in a DLM other than his own. Or is that an unrealistic expectation? If it's unrealistic I'll gladly digress.Yes, Kyle Larson does have bearing. That is someone you think is very good, so can he win in just about every other sprint car? And yes, Bloomer could win in other cars. And again, a seriously ridiculous argument. I mean, since when do we discredit a guy because he has a hand in all aspects of his car? And has chosen to understand them through and through, and knows what he wants. Also, he has won in a ton of different chassis.

Illtsate32
06-10-2018, 11:32 AM
Also the Driver/Crew/ Owner thing is obsolete in this day and age, I would assume guys like Scott, Billy, and a few others got as good with car setup, and just overall knowledge of how the car works by experimenting and trying different things, trial and errror...Now days the Chassis builders tell you, you must run this and that or else your car wont work. And if its not working bring it back to me and pay me money and I will fix it for you. People are scared to death to think outside the box and try different things to see if it works for you. That piece of steel doesnt have a brain or conscience, its not going to get mad at you for not running the setup its original owner said to lol...

Cardirt0
06-10-2018, 11:38 AM
Yes, Kyle Larson does have bearing. That is someone you think is very good, so can he win in just about every other sprint car? And yes, Bloomer could win in other cars. And again, a seriously ridiculous argument. I mean, since when do we discredit a guy because he has a hand in all aspects of his car? And has chosen to understand them through and through, and knows what he wants. Also, he has won in a ton of different chassis.

Thats why hes so good gets out of car and goes 6 pointed to front wheel and says 8 points back wheel move 20 pounds to back. just changed the shocks to were they will work for him. If you know how it works you can change how it works.

NormP
06-10-2018, 11:40 AM
Wouldn't being able to work on cars, set up cars, whatever, make you closer to being the greatest? And isn't that what Bloomquist has done for a very long time now? That's a lot more impressive to me than hiring a guy, from North Carolina for instance, to do all the car work and you just show up and drive.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-10-2018, 11:40 AM
I fixed the goat part for you, Cage! LOL!

Learn something every day. I never knew ol' bloomy drove cars owned, prepared and maintained by someone else. I never knew, at some point in his career, that all he had to do was show up at the racetrack with his helmet bag and his talent.You have truly reached a new low. When you can’t go after someone’s success because it speaks for itself, you go after the fact they bust their ass to be the most prepared, and do it their way. Since when was doing things your way, and putting in countless hours every day, and looking for an edge, getting a car to be exactly what you want, a detriment?

Could he show up with a helmet bag and just jump in a car and win, who the hell knows, the right car, sure. Could Larson show up with just a helmet bag and win, sure. But really, such a senseless argument. I expect this outta maybe, well, no one, I’ll just stop there.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-10-2018, 11:42 AM
Thats why hes so good gets out of car and goes 6 pointed to front wheel and says 8 points back wheel move 20 pounds to back. just changed the shocks to were they will work for him. If you know how it works you can change how it works.Exactly. Truly just makes me go wtf?

Cardirt0
06-10-2018, 11:44 AM
Wouldn't being able to work on cars, set up cars, whatever, make you closer to being the greatest? And isn't that what Bloomquist has done for a very long time now? That's a lot more impressive to me than hiring a guy, from North Carolina for instance, to do all the car work and you just show up and drive.

1 of the things to the Down fall of NASCAR drivers that can only drive.

Cardirt0
06-10-2018, 11:46 AM
Exactly. Truly just makes me go wtf?

He knows what to tell his crew to change his car. Sorry if you did not get what i ment.

NormP
06-10-2018, 11:47 AM
I'm not a Bloomer fan, but I like to watch him win because it drives some people absolutely crazy. So here you go Bloomer haters, something to occupy your time:

https://amzn.to/2JFHvzT

a25rjr
06-10-2018, 11:54 AM
Rayburn
Mastersbilt
Warrior
Barry Wright
Zero

Agree 100%.....with that being said , Bloomer's the greatest dirt driver.....EVER!!!

I preface that with my 50 years being involved with motorsports. My dad was on a Cup team for many years, and many of those early drivers stayed at our house during Speedweeks. In the late 80s, I started working on a dlm, and eventually in the early 90's wound up on a slm. I witnessed Bloomer dominate during that time and actually despised him for it. But that has turned to immense respect for what he has done as a driver and for the sport, and yet 30 years later, he's still the......man to beat!

Call me a nuthugger if you will, but I recognize greatness and will take it as a compliment!

CIRF
06-10-2018, 12:00 PM
Yes, Kyle Larson does have bearing. That is someone you think is very good, so can he win in just about every other sprint car? And yes, Bloomer could win in other cars. And again, a seriously ridiculous argument. I mean, since when do we discredit a guy because he has a hand in all aspects of his car? And has chosen to understand them through and through, and knows what he wants. Also, he has won in a ton of different chassis.Larson can't win in every other sprint car. You know that, I know that and he knows that. That's a fact. But he can and has very often won in many different types of racecars on dirt, asphalt and an asphalt road course. And that also is a fact. Something ol' bloomy has never been able to do in spite of trying numerous times. Larson is also regarded as a more accomplished all around racecar driver than ol' bloomy, even given his young age. But that's a discussion for another time and topic.

No discredit whatsoever and it's not an argument. Please believe that. I've stated numerous times that ol' bloomy holds the distinction of unquestionably being the most successful driver of the generic dirt late model era. That my friend is also a fact.

Seriously ridiculous? Maybe. But is it unreasonable to believe that if a driver is excessively talented and successful enough to be considered the best of all time in any given genre of racecar that he could win races in another drivers' equipment given his setup is in place? If he's the undisputed best driver of all time he's surely capable of winning regardless. Maybe not as much, but clearly capable, nonetheless. Right? I really don't see that as a knock or a downgrade and wasn't meant to be. It's just conjecture and trying to keep things in perspective. Sorry I made ya' mad.

Mindwalker
06-10-2018, 12:07 PM
I'm not a Bloomer fan, but I like to watch him win because it drives some people absolutely crazy. So here you go Bloomer haters, something to occupy your time:

https://amzn.to/2JFHvzT

These have already sold out. SS called me this morrning and told me. 😀

Kwd1253
06-10-2018, 12:14 PM
Now I know why I don't like bloomer, a lot of his fans

That is very true why people don't like driver. I try not judge a driver because of their fans. I try judge them by their own character but I do that with people in general, ignore the special fans who go way over board and drive people way.

cgrace
06-10-2018, 02:20 PM
I thought the ZERO's win was amazing. However, I just don't get it. When you watch his crew at a major event they sort of seem like a cluster. Is it all a show? Is TEAM Zero cheating as much as they can. Did SAM tech the car AFTER THE RACE? I saw SAM leaving immediately after the race. Scott isn't nearly as smart as Rumley and several others. Tons of drivers were saying Scott didn't take the piss test. So why was he allowed to race. Plus what the hell, he was allowed to race on pain killers?

t3r3e3
06-10-2018, 02:30 PM

Last time I checked he’s won in Rayburns, Mastersbuilts, Barry Wrights, I think Warriors, Bloomquists, and probably a few others.

Mindwalker
06-10-2018, 02:37 PM
I thought the ZERO's win was amazing. However, I just don't get it. When you watch his crew at a major event they sort of seem like a cluster. Is it all a show? Is TEAM Zero cheating as much as they can. Did SAM tech the car AFTER THE RACE? I saw SAM leaving immediately after the race. Scott isn't nearly as smart as Rumley and several others. Tons of drivers were saying Scott didn't take the piss test. So why was he allowed to race. Plus what the hell, he was allowed to race on pain killers?

This takes the prize for the loudest crybaby award. Lol

Centeroff
06-10-2018, 02:52 PM
Blackie, I think he is on to something and the secret is out. WRG has officially rigged the race for Scott. Even gave him those special perfectly matched tires Cole Trickle had on days of thunder. Keep this between us, Scott had 3 sprint car tires on the car and a top fuel dragster engine that wasn’t built by Durham. He also had 14 shocks on the car and the spoiler height was 9’3” tall. Scott wasn’t actually driving the car either. WRG installed a auto pilot chip from a 747 jet that was calibrated specifically for Eldora. Jesus, what’s next? Just when you thought you had heard it all!

Bumpandrun
06-10-2018, 02:53 PM
Scott Bloomquist proved again last night that he is the best ever. To compete at the level he has for so long proved that he is the best. The guy is truly the man to beat on a regular basis. He makes dirt racing fun to watch. I know some races are one lane, but overall it’s better than pavement racing. To be whooping up on everyone at his age, and for how long he has done it, is amazing.

Planetzer0
06-10-2018, 03:19 PM
I guess winning the $100,000 modified race doesn't count as winning in a different car. I know he has a pavement win and a few seconds also but those don't count as winning in a different car either. lol. Saying Bloomquist can't win in any car besides his own is like saying Jimmie Johnson can't win without Chad Knaus. It's pretty irrelevant. I'm sure if Bloomquist was in the 49 he would win races just the same.

King1
06-10-2018, 03:35 PM

He was teched on tech day like everyone else so post race tech beyond tires and weight is irrelevant (although i would like to see a nascar style tech after)

Drug testing is exactly that, they test for drugs, what is the guy hiding kind of stuff. Bloomquist openly said he had a prescription for what he had taken.

So what is the big deal.

Kevin rumley isnt the smartest guy in DLM racing. Hes a smart guy that rode a wave on an exploitation of a grey area in the rules. They clearly didnt back it up the following season and was non existent in 2017 except for the latter part of the season.

Everybody is gonna have a bad season but i think its safe to say you cant keep Bloomquist down for more than a year. Another Kevin Rumley will come along and rock the boat every few years, but the common denominator will always be Bloomquist.

Until he retires, its always going to be the world against Bloomquist

hucktyson
06-10-2018, 04:11 PM
I love this “ smartest man in any room he walks in “ title rumley gave himself.... there are people who turned nothing into multi billion dollar company’s , rumley is running a company “ lance landers Motorsports “ that’s hoping to bring in 500k off a 2 mil investment for a net loss of 1.5 mil lol lol. Smartest guy in his own head.

Barbecueboy
06-10-2018, 06:11 PM
Sounds like the same type hyperbole of some no name guy saying he will qualify to an invert at eldoras biggest race of the year.........yep, sounds just like that.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-10-2018, 06:32 PM
Agree 100%.....with that being said , Bloomer's the greatest dirt driver.....EVER!!!

I preface that with my 50 years being involved with motorsports. My dad was on a Cup team for many years, and many of those early drivers stayed at our house during Speedweeks. In the late 80s, I started working on a dlm, and eventually in the early 90's wound up on a slm. I witnessed Bloomer dominate during that time and actually despised him for it. But that has turned to immense respect for what he has done as a driver and for the sport, and yet 30 years later, he's still the......man to beat!

Call me a nuthugger if you will, but I recognize greatness and will take it as a compliment!

Yup nut hugger u are congrats on job well done!

a25rjr
06-10-2018, 06:45 PM
Yup nut hugger u are congrats on job well done!

I knew I would drag you out of your depression with that statement!

But dija enjoy that race last nite! :)

dirtdobber45
06-10-2018, 08:22 PM
All I got to say is... The BEST there ever has been and will be. THE G.O.A.T!!! And if you like that I got two words for you ____ _. Fill in however you want

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-10-2018, 09:50 PM
I knew I would drag you out of your depression with that statement!

But dija enjoy that race last nite! :)

No
Never watched it. Glad i didnt. Dont know what im going to do now.

Bradley
06-10-2018, 10:23 PM

So you are saying what? he kicked their ass's that badly drugged up? If that is the case them boys was lucky he was, if he wasn't he may have lapped the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) field !

hucktyson
06-11-2018, 06:19 AM
I love how you say “ Scott isn’t nearly as smart as rumley and others “ lol lol those 12 eldora crown jewel victory’s would say otherwise ....

chupp n bloomer fan
06-11-2018, 03:14 PM
He knows what to tell his crew to change his car. Sorry if you did not get what i ment.I wasn’t talking about you man, I was saying, since when was it a detriment to know everything there is to know about your car.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-11-2018, 03:21 PM
Larson can't win in every other sprint car. You know that, I know that and he knows that. That's a fact. But he can and has very often won in many different types of racecars on dirt, asphalt and an asphalt road course. And that also is a fact. Something ol' bloomy has never been able to do in spite of trying numerous times. Larson is also regarded as a more accomplished all around racecar driver than ol' bloomy, even given his young age. But that's a discussion for another time and topic.

No discredit whatsoever and it's not an argument. Please believe that. I've stated numerous times that ol' bloomy holds the distinction of unquestionably being the most successful driver of the generic dirt late model era. That my friend is also a fact.

Seriously ridiculous? Maybe. But is it unreasonable to believe that if a driver is excessively talented and successful enough to be considered the best of all time in any given genre of racecar that he could win races in another drivers' equipment given his setup is in place? If he's the undisputed best driver of all time he's surely capable of winning regardless. Maybe not as much, but clearly capable, nonetheless. Right? I really don't see that as a knock or a downgrade and wasn't meant to be. It's just conjecture and trying to keep things in perspective. Sorry I made ya' mad.Nah man. Just frustrated. I do like you, and the arguments you had against him, just seemed weird. He has won in UMP Mods, Asphalt Lates, and obviously dirt late models. Trucks he failed, as well as midgets. Trucks he outsmarted himself, and I don’t think open wheel stuff is his cup of tea.

rolldog
06-11-2018, 04:06 PM
4M is amazing. I'm a lurker here since I'm more of a winged sprint car fun but I like to keep up with the DLM's. I can't believe all the nasty sh** Bloomer gets. Steve Kinser and Sammy Swindell are lucky most of their careers occurred before social media so they didn't have to put up with this BS. Bloomer is the DLM GOAT; it's hard to argue otherwise. Who cares if he could drive someone else's car to wins? Wouldn't he get in the other car and change it to suit his driving ability? I don't see Donny Schatz using the Steve Kinser set up in his car unless that's what the track calls for. Kinser is the GOAT in the sprint car world (I think he is) but there is some debate out there. As with Bloomer, he had limited success on pavement, but his pavement racing didn't happen until his 40's, probably past the time he should have tried something new. Weak team, not enough laps in the car, unfamiliar with pavement - all factors. That doesn't diminish his GOAT status in winged sprinters. Could he have been successful? I like to think so but we'll never know. Larson, like very few others (Parnelli Jones, AJ, Tony Stewart) seems to be able to drive anything and win. He may never be the GOAT in anything, just (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good in everything. These guys will probably be ranked higher than Kinser and Bloomer in the "all-time best driver" category. I've seen Larson race on dirt in sprint cars and midgets. He is one of those guys that can put it wherever he wants and carry a car that is not as good. He also seems to be fearless and be confident in his ability.

MI Dirt Fan
06-11-2018, 04:19 PM
I've seen guys years ago run asphalt one night and win and the next night run the same car at a dirt track and win. You could race 3-4 nights a week both dirt and or asphalt combined.

Mindwalker
06-11-2018, 04:20 PM
All the nasty stuff is a derivative from pure jealousy, envy and some 3rd grade mentality thrown in there. They see a guy with long hair from Cali whipping the crap out of their whiskey running heritage and they dont like it one bit! Hehehehe.... Yeeeee haaaaaaw 😝

Illtsate32
06-11-2018, 05:31 PM
CnB I dont think the drive anything argument is even a thing. Our sport is a little unique in that aspect, Its like any other sport in that yes the object is the same across the board for racing but theres different genres...kinda like The Rolling Stones are arguably the best rock in roll band ever but would prob not be very good hip hop artists...you cant compare greatest, even though its same job you cant compare across the board, and I dont think with 5 or less starts in a car you can draw any kind of conclusion of sucess or failure...and im saying this in general nothing directed at you...

Clayton_Wetter
06-11-2018, 06:12 PM

Now start over and try to make just one correct statement, besides the first one, that is!!!!! :)

Clayton_Wetter
06-11-2018, 06:16 PM
No
Never watched it. Glad i didnt. Dont know what im going to do now.

Maybe start a river in your back yard????? hahahahahahaaa

chupp n bloomer fan
06-11-2018, 07:05 PM
CnB I dont think the drive anything argument is even a thing. Our sport is a little unique in that aspect, Its like any other sport in that yes the object is the same across the board for racing but theres different genres...kinda like The Rolling Stones are arguably the best rock in roll band ever but would prob not be very good hip hop artists...you cant compare greatest, even though its same job you cant compare across the board, and I dont think with 5 or less starts in a car you can draw any kind of conclusion of sucess or failure...and im saying this in general nothing directed at you...Oh, I agree. You know what I do for work. I’d rather be the best loader operator on a pipe crew, than be a guy who can run almost anything, and be mediocre at them all. In saying that, I can run almost anything, but I have one piece that is my best. How I feel about racers too.

Illtsate32
06-11-2018, 07:16 PM
CnB exactly...