PDA

View Full Version : Wrg?

Planetzer0
06-10-2018, 03:28 PM
I'm guessing there's going to be a suspension for Bloomquist now? Yeah, they cleared him to race last night with the doctors note but under their rulebook it says they could suspend a driver for not complying with the random drug test even though Scott offered to do one it wasn't with the company that works for WRG so they could be in line to suspend him. Anyone have any thoughts on this or any news? As a Bloomquist fan it's always nervous going to Eldora, Lernerville and Cedar Lake dealing with the WRG.

Josh Bayko
06-10-2018, 03:57 PM
I'm guessing there's going to be a suspension for Bloomquist now? Yeah, they cleared him to race last night with the doctors note but under their rulebook it says they could suspend a driver for not complying with the random drug test even though Scott offered to do one it wasn't with the company that works for WRG so they could be in line to suspend him. Anyone have any thoughts on this or any news? As a Bloomquist fan it's always nervous going to Eldora, Lernerville and Cedar Lake dealing with the WRG.

I don’t think it’ll amount to much other than he’s pretty much guaranteed to be tested at Lernerville.

CageFaraday
06-10-2018, 04:40 PM
Unless his injuries are minor I kinda hope he'll go on and get the surgery and rehab out of the way now. Its one thing to kinda rally for the biggest paying event of the season, on a big sweeping track that he pretty much owns. But I think it would be ill advised at this stage in life and career to risk any further damage. Call it a season going out on a win like the dream, get the surgery, do the rehab and be that much better prepared coming out guns blazing next year. My wife just finished getting her knee repaired after suffering with a damaged ACL for 20+ years and putting it off ruined her meniscus, but now she has a knee she can depend on, not a trick one. I know its heroic and manly to play thru the pain and when your younger and not yet established it makes sense. Bloomquist has zero to prove, whip'em next year like the red headed step children they are. LOL

Josh Bayko
06-10-2018, 04:53 PM
Unless his injuries are minor I kinda hope he'll go on and get the surgery and rehab out of the way now. Its one thing to kinda rally for the biggest paying event of the season, on a big sweeping track that he pretty much owns. But I think it would be ill advised at this stage in life and career to risk any further damage. Call it a season going out on a win like the dream, get the surgery, do the rehab and be that much better prepared coming out guns blazing next year. My wife just finished getting her knee repaired after suffering with a damaged ACL for 20+ years and putting it off ruined her meniscus, but now she has a knee she can depend on, not a trick one. I know its heroic and manly to play thru the pain and when your younger and not yet established it makes sense. Bloomquist has zero to prove, whip'em next year like the red headed step children they are. LOL

Rehab for a rotator cuff is around 6 months, and he puts food on his table by racing. There’s no way he gets it done in the middle of a season.

Planetzer0
06-10-2018, 04:58 PM
There's no way he's missing the World 100, DTWC or million dollar race. I think you will see him drop off the Lucas tour and race just the major events and have surgery after the DTWC in October. I would be surprised if he finishes the Lucas tour.

upaginit in North GA
06-10-2018, 05:00 PM
Did anyone notice while in victory lane, he raised both arms above his head, somewhat unusual for a person with rotator cuff problems.

golddirt
06-10-2018, 05:32 PM
He stated he would get it done probably November

Chris Thomason
06-10-2018, 06:00 PM
He stated he would get it done probably November

Sounds like days after world finals...

Hope he gets another $20k on the sweeping corners of the mag next weekend.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-10-2018, 06:29 PM
Did anyone notice while in victory lane, he raised both arms above his head, somewhat unusual for a person with rotator cuff problems.

Yea I saw the same thing but didnt post anythg cuz theres a million excuses why so i left it alone

a25rjr
06-10-2018, 06:47 PM
Yea I saw the same thing but didnt post anythg cuz theres a million excuses why so i left it alone

Hydrocodone works wonders!!!

MI Dirt Fan
06-10-2018, 06:50 PM
He's had bad shoulders for a couple yrs now. Can't believe y'all are just now finding out.

Mindwalker
06-10-2018, 07:01 PM

You must be a big fan of Bloomers noticing the small details. Congratulations on your boys win. 😀

Checkeredflag1015
06-10-2018, 07:34 PM
I’ll have to remember this one if I ever get random at work. Just leave and go to hospital and get drugs and if you still have to take when you get back you will be fine. I mean during the dirt on dirt interview he reminded us 30 times the the doctor gave him pain meds. He is also the only person I know who got a X-ray to check a muscle tear.

dirtyboy
06-10-2018, 08:00 PM
Yeah in the real world, after failing to provide a requested sample for a drug test, then "disappearing", you are not going to return to work (or the racetrack) before submitting to and passing the drug screening.

It shouldn't matter if you left and went to the ER, a bar or the local crack house.

upaginit in North GA
06-10-2018, 08:03 PM
It would be good to see the ER paperwork.

a25rjr
06-10-2018, 08:07 PM

Uncle Sam saw it........and said it was all good....esp with some Franklins wrapped up in it! :)

dirtyboy
06-10-2018, 08:08 PM

Leaving the track should be a huge red flag. Anyone can go to an ER and walk out with paperwork.

dirtyboy
06-10-2018, 08:09 PM
Uncle Sam saw it........and said it was all good....esp with some Franklins wrapped up in it! :)

You hit the nail on the head there!

Mason87
06-10-2018, 08:24 PM
I was hurt at work and had an X-ray, I was a little confused so I asked the doctor why an X-ray and he told me to rule out a separatedeal shoulder, bone spurs and arthritis that would cause the pain. If those come back normal it's usually torn. He told me X-rays are way cheaper than an mri.

Mason87
06-10-2018, 08:26 PM
Im a bloomquist fan always have been but this is an awful bad timing to have a fall. Makes you kinda wonder I can go to the er right now and say I fell and get the same paperwork and pills.

Planetzer0
06-10-2018, 09:14 PM
The fault here is on the WRG. Scott was there for the test. They should've brought him water until he had to go if they were concerned about it. I don't see Bloomquist doing anything to mess up his chance at $100,000 when he knows he's getting tested for every WRG race. Now let's hope there's no games about the tires. WRG always looking for ways to steal the headlines.

plunks7
06-10-2018, 09:20 PM

I tore my rotator cuff and could raise my arms. Then 3 years later I had surgery. I had many, many cortisone shots in them 3 years. Maybe Scott got a shot also. The shot takes effect immediately.

tb1545
06-10-2018, 09:32 PM
Is this story of him not taking a WRG test true and backed by any official report or witness anywhere or is this just people with nothing better to do with their time stirring the pot?

MI Dirt Fan
06-10-2018, 09:33 PM
I tore my rotator cuff and could raise my arms. Then 3 years later I had surgery. I had many, many cortisone shots in them 3 years. Maybe Scott got a shot also. The shot takes effect immediately.

It does. My dad gets one in his knee instead of getting a knee replacement. Sometimes it looks like he needs a wheelchair to get from the car to the inside of the doctors office. After the shot he could run to the car. Not sure how long it last 3-4 months at least I think.

Zonks32x
06-10-2018, 09:38 PM
As a Bloomquist fan it's always nervous going to Eldora, Lernerville and Cedar Lake dealing with the WRG.

Worried about Cedar Lake??? You can't be serious.
They can't trip over their d!cks fast enough for Scott at that joint.

The last time he won at Cedar Lake was the infamous 99 lap victory.
He pulled off w/a flat, race went green before he got back on the track and the entire field lapped him. Cars kept dropping out and he eventually passed Moyer to get back on the lead lap, but scoreboard showed him in the lead. He never passed another car. $50,000 gift from CL and wrg.

The year before his suspension...he was dogpile all weekend.
Did not transfer out of his heat.
Did not transfer out of the B-main.
Failed to transfer out of the Last Chance qualifier.

There's a past champions provisional that goes to the most recent winner who didn't advance. It went to T-mac.

Track announcer says over the loud speaker Bloomer didn't make the main event.

There's a huge dust up in the pits, and an unscheduled "intermission" and what do you know....Bloomer's in tbe show, starting 29th...tagging the field.

CL bends over backwards for the guy...and it won't change this year or any other year. At least 1 out of every 5 fans in the stands is wearing a 0 shirt. CL puts his t-shirt trailer in the best spot on the vendor row every year...and that's not by accident. The guy puts butts in the seats and CL knows it.

You can worry about wrg suspending him, but CL will always welcome Bloomer with open arms. He's good for their bottom line.

dirtyboy
06-10-2018, 10:06 PM
Is this story of him not taking a WRG test true and backed by any official report or witness anywhere or is this just people with nothing better to do with their time stirring the pot?

If you believe what Dirt on Dirt reports, then it's true.

Bradley
06-10-2018, 10:15 PM

I have had a MRI confirmed torn rotator cuff for over 11 years now. I still have full range of motion, can lift arms over head etc. But anytime I go and put any strain on it at all, it lets me know immediately not to do it. I also can't afford to miss work for 5 to 6 months for surgery, so I just deal with it. Raced mods for quite a few years with it torn, had no issues with it while in car. Of course there is different degrees of being torn, who knows how bad Scott's is.

MI Dirt Fan
06-10-2018, 10:39 PM
Worried about Cedar Lake??? You can't be serious.
They can't trip over their d!cks fast enough for Scott at that joint.

The last time he won at Cedar Lake was the infamous 99 lap victory.
He pulled off w/a flat, race went green before he got back on the track and the entire field lapped him. Cars kept dropping out and he eventually passed Moyer to get back on the lead lap, but scoreboard showed him in the lead. He never passed another car. $50,000 gift from CL and wrg.

The year before his suspension...he was dogpile all weekend.
Did not transfer out of his heat.
Did not transfer out of the B-main.
Failed to transfer out of the Last Chance qualifier.

There's a past champions provisional that goes to the most recent winner who didn't advance. It went to T-mac.

Track announcer says over the loud speaker Bloomer didn't make the main event.

There's a huge dust up in the pits, and an unscheduled "intermission" and what do you know....Bloomer's in tbe show, starting 29th...tagging the field.

CL bends over backwards for the guy...and it won't change this year or any other year. At least 1 out of every 5 fans in the stands is wearing a 0 shirt. CL puts his t-shirt trailer in the best spot on the vendor row every year...and that's not by accident. The guy puts butts in the seats and CL knows it.

You can worry about wrg suspending him, but CL will always welcome Bloomer with open arms. He's good for their bottom line.

I think your mixing up your events from 2008 and 2010.

Here's the article from 2008
https://www.dirtondirt.com/National_1096.html

Here's the article from 2010.
https://www.dirtondirt.com/National_3454.html

Mod Runner
06-11-2018, 12:07 AM
Surgery is not always necessary. Scott should get a second or third opinion about the possibility of surgery. There are studies that prove exercise and other non-invasive care can be just as successful as surgery.

upaginit in North GA
06-11-2018, 06:44 AM
Looking at any paperwork would specifically state what was wrong and the diagnosis. Don't know what ER you have been to, but there is no way anyone can just walk in and get paperwork.

No_Weak_Links
06-11-2018, 06:46 AM
Lot of omniscient people in this thread with PHD's.