PDA

View Full Version : Tmac

Dlmfan123
06-10-2018, 07:17 PM
Any ideas of what is going on with the longhorn house car. They didn’t even bring a hauler to eldora?! Listened to his interview and it seems like tmac is over it?

MI Dirt Fan
06-10-2018, 07:29 PM
Said on DoD pre race notes that he couldn't find a driver for it so they brought it up in a enclosed trailer from Longhorn in NC.

Kevinm022
06-10-2018, 08:58 PM
I don’t think he’s over it, I think he just lacks the financing to keep it going the way things are going right now. It would be great if he could gain some sponsorship help

grt74
06-10-2018, 09:20 PM
the guy finishes 2nd in the points last year and just because he had a flat, man how quick people forget, its just takes alot of help to run a tour like the lucas deal, truck driver, 2 (most of the time paid) crew members, and remember this by a crew member i mean a guy that loses all his weekends for the year
then if you have the backing testing on the weekends your off, this is what dirt late models have come to, its no easy task
if he had a sponsor to pick up full time help for a year, i would be curious how he would do, he has done a ton with what he has to work with,dont get me wrong he has some backing but it takes a ton

MI Dirt Fan
06-10-2018, 09:29 PM
If he is driving the Longhorn house car shouldn't Longhorn be providing everything required to run a national tour including the sponsor responsibilities? With what you see from the #49 you'd think that was the house car.

huskerdirt
06-10-2018, 09:33 PM
If he is driving the Longhorn house car shouldn't Longhorn be providing everything required to run a national tour including the sponsor responsibilities? With what you see from the #49 you'd think that was the house car.

No.

Most of these House car deals are basically the car and whole bunch of setup and R&D help.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-10-2018, 09:38 PM

Log out and go back to bed!

MI Dirt Fan
06-10-2018, 09:45 PM
Log out and go back to bed!

Ladies first

Josh Bayko
06-10-2018, 09:46 PM

The only fully funded house cars on national tours are Rocket and Bloomquist, and I’m not sure you can consider Bloomquist a true house car because it’s such a small brand.

MI Dirt Fan
06-10-2018, 09:49 PM
Thanks for clarification

zyoung25
06-11-2018, 01:21 AM
His CDL licensed driver took off for a fishing trip this weekend, and just like DoD said, they did not have another licensed driver for the hauler. The red hauler he normally has is owned by Ann and Carl also, not longhorn. The one he had this weekend was Justin Labontes.

Frog has been supposed to retire for the last couple years and hasn't.

mike10
06-11-2018, 05:42 AM
Aren't these haulers tagged as motorhomes?

ThebigE
06-11-2018, 05:54 AM
Aren't these haulers tagged as motorhomes?

TMACs rig is a semi not a toterhome. So no, it's not classified as a motorhome.

Kwd1253
06-11-2018, 06:56 AM
His CDL licensed driver took off for a fishing trip this weekend, and just like DoD said, they did not have another licensed driver for the hauler. The red hauler he normally has is owned by Ann and Carl also, not longhorn. The one he had this weekend was Justin Labontes.

Frog has been supposed to retire for the last couple years and hasn't.
Labontes must be some tight wides.. one of three biggest money events in late models they can’t even hire a cdl driver for tmac lol.