PDA

View Full Version : Williams Grove Crash?

dynotimeonly
06-11-2018, 04:15 AM
Holy ****, did anyone see that crash on the back stretch?If you haven't, make the effort. Hope everyone is OK? Defiently some junked cars there.......

Jking24
06-11-2018, 05:35 AM
I don't think anyone was hurt. Rine lupfer and a few others involved raced the following night. I was told rine and stulers cars were junk and possibly one other.

BTExpress
06-11-2018, 05:57 AM
I was there, just a freak accident on the very first lap. Rine got spun going down the back stretch and slammed into the inside guardrail and shot back across the track entering turn three causing the melee. Since the contact involved cars running 5th on back, there was no room for the other cars running behind causing a massive pile up. Worst DLM crash that I have seen in a long time. 11 of the 22 cars were involved. Yes both Rine and Stuler's cars looked to be totaled.

06Tireman
06-11-2018, 08:19 AM
Ours needs an entire new body but 2 deck pieces.. Rear bell was broke.. Axle tube was bent along with the axle.. Rotor was broke.. Outer half of wheel is destroyed.. So bent and smashed had to use a porta-power to get it off the hub.. RF suspension is gone.. Shocks are ok.. Yes we raced Selinsgrove Saturday night only to have the over flow tube someone get turned and shooting hot water into the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) pit all over Mike.. He stopped by the track official and was waving his arms for help and he just stood there looking.. Brett Schadel stopped his car after seeing what was going on and helped Mike get unbuckled and out of the car.. He has 2 very large blisters on his thigh.. His wife took him over to the ambulance and they had NOTHING to treat a burn..Handed him 2 ice packs and pretty much said sucks to be you.. So she took him home.. Reason we didn't run the feature.. But yeah.. Rines are junk for sure..Heard Stuhlers was bent in the middle somewhere.. All could have been avoided.. But I will let that go..

Hollis
06-11-2018, 08:43 AM
I watched the race on my pc. That was one bad wreck. Glad everyone is ok.

Mudweiser
06-11-2018, 08:53 AM
Ouch! Just looked at it on YouTube.. Kinda hard to see what started it, but definitely some junked up cars..

AHydro23
06-11-2018, 08:39 PM
Great camera work!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q8iPo58siQ

Krooser
06-12-2018, 02:49 PM
My safety guys were always professional fire fighters. Always had a fire trucker pumper on the scene (one track was across the street from the fire station).

My first equipment purchase was a Halon 200# wheeled extinguisher mounted to my safety truck.

I've been burned twice... no fun.

smith19
06-13-2018, 12:26 AM
right in front of beer hill !!!!