PDA

View Full Version : Richmond Raceway Mike Roland Memorial

Kryptonite17
06-12-2018, 12:02 PM
I see they're having a show paying 10k to win this Saturday. I have never been to this track, can anyone tell me how it is? Quality of racing, facilities, schedule etc. Trying to decide between PRP or Richmond this weekend. Thanks!

TTS_JF
06-12-2018, 01:38 PM
Bottom dominate usually, the front stretch stands appear to be ok but I've never been on that side of the track. I can't vouch for the facilities on that side, but the pit side facilities aren't the greatest. I'm not sure how far you are from each place, but I know with a name like Kryptonite Tyler Carpenter took home a couple big $ shows at Richmond last year.

As far as drivers I'm not sure who you will see for 10k I suspect:

Chilton
Carpenters???
Ratliff
Casey Roberts?
Ray Cook has it on schedule

Clayton_Wetter
06-12-2018, 04:20 PM
I see they're having a show paying 10k to win this Saturday. I have never been to this track, can anyone tell me how it is? Quality of racing, facilities, schedule etc. Trying to decide between PRP or Richmond this weekend. Thanks!

PRP would be my choice no doubt. The track itself is a work of art. Good track prep is not always the case though. And the facility is very good.

Kryptonite17
06-12-2018, 07:00 PM
PRP would be my choice no doubt. The track itself is a work of art. Good track prep is not always the case though. And the facility is very good. I have been to PRP many times. Portsmouth is an hour drive for me, Richmond is a little over an hour and a half. Portsmouth is an hour drive for me, Richmond is a little over an hour and a half. I'm leaning towards Richmond at the moment, mainly because I'm trying to visit some new tracks this summer.

Clayton_Wetter
06-12-2018, 07:29 PM
I have been to PRP many times. Portsmouth is an hour drive for me, Richmond is a little over an hour and a half. Portsmouth is an hour drive for me, Richmond is a little over an hour and a half. I'm leaning towards Richmond at the moment, mainly because I'm trying to visit some new tracks this summer.

It's always good to visit new tracks, I've done that many times.

Kryptonite17
06-15-2018, 06:24 PM
Per Richmond Raceway Twitter Ray Cook, David Payne, Freddie and Tyler Carpenter, Jason Jameson, Aaron Ridley and Joey Standridge should all be in attendance.

willardboy
06-16-2018, 09:18 AM
Only been to Richmond once but we liked it. Good parking and the racing was good for a tight little track. Carpenter won the only race i saw there with a broke arm. Lol. We are a lot closer to PRP so thats where we are headed tonite, however, if PRP wasnt racing tonight i wouldnt think twice about heading back to Richmond.

Hoosier_Dirt
06-16-2018, 02:05 PM
Usually bottom dominant. Have seen some good races there though.

zyoung25
06-16-2018, 02:33 PM
I've been too Richmond 3 times, and it rubbered every time. I went back last year to this same race to give the track another chance, and it rubbered then too. PRP has done a lot better with their track prep the last 2 or 3 seasons. I would do PRP over Richmond any day.

The format for the Southern Nats sucks as well. So you mix that format and a narrow race track that's hard to pass on together, it's not a good mix for racing IMO.

Kryptonite17
06-16-2018, 03:47 PM
I checked out some races on YouTube. Definitely looks bottom dominant. Still heading there so we'll see how it goes. Just hoping for a good car count. The sun is hot and the beer is cold so I'm ready for racin!

Kryptonite17
06-16-2018, 05:59 PM
Hot laps advertised at 6pm. 7pm push trucks on track bottom lane still has standing water...

Kryptonite17
06-16-2018, 06:08 PM
22 supers in the pits.

Kryptonite17
06-16-2018, 06:50 PM
Carpenter, Jameson, Zach Dohm , Jon owenby among a few notables

Kryptonite17
06-16-2018, 07:38 PM
Derek Fisher fast time followed by Tyler Carpenter.

bushwood_metal422
06-16-2018, 08:27 PM
Fisher was DQ'd No fast time

bushwood_metal422
06-16-2018, 08:29 PM
Coffman wins heat 1Owenby wins heat 2Tyler Carpenter heat 3Zach Dohm heat 4

Kryptonite17
06-16-2018, 08:48 PM
Track is racy so far. That 2 hour track prep did the trick!

Kryptonite17
06-16-2018, 09:53 PM
Carpenter goes back to back in the Mike Roland memorial. Derek Fisher 2nd, Jared Hawkins 3rd Dohm put on a show after going to the tail for caution. I believe he worked back up to 8th.

Kryptonite17
06-17-2018, 02:16 PM
For everyone who said Richmond was bottom only, last night must've been the exception. Track was in great shape and guys were running three different grooves. Was worth the price of admission just to watch the leaders work lapped traffic. My only complaint, no beer sales! Someone could've told me this! In all seriousness nice job Richmond, I will be back!