PDA

View Full Version : Attn Tmac: We get it. You are broke and need help

dirty-white-boy
06-12-2018, 12:21 PM
Can you please flip the record over so can hear what is on the other side?

I used to think that Feger complained about money alot but Tmac just took that title from him! That stuff just gets old!

Pennsboro23
06-12-2018, 12:32 PM
I like TMac but I have to agree, he's not the only one that has it tough in this sport. There are tons of guys struggling to keep up and you rarely hear a word out of them. It's almost getting bad as the Moyers blaming everyone but themselves for things after every race.

Kwd1253
06-12-2018, 12:50 PM
Can you please flip the record over so can hear what is on the other side?

I used to think that Feger complained about money alot but Tmac just took that title from him! That stuff just gets old!

I know what you mean.. but can’t blame him at the sametime.. pretty much everyone see that as the house car. They can’t even get a cdl truck driver get to Eldora. Makes me wonder if the Labonte giving landers money? But think of it they are to cheap update their website lol.

bradc
06-12-2018, 12:50 PM
Seems like I remember an interview from him a couple years ago complaining about rules and wanting no restrictions on tires and shocks. Guess the tides have turned

MI Dirt Fan
06-12-2018, 12:54 PM
Kwd I mentioned about the same thing the other day. You'd think the #49 was the house car not the #39.

I thought Tmac was getting a new rig like last year or the yet before.?

george w
06-12-2018, 01:03 PM
I take Timmy differently then you guys I guess, I look at him as a heart on your sleeve type of guy that's discussing his current difficulties. I enjoy his honesty. If you ran 6th in the dream with a single car enclosed in today's world. . . Every last one of you would be screaming for help in any way shape or form.... am I wrong? Or would you rather them interview Dennis erb instead?

Planetzer0
06-12-2018, 01:07 PM
Late model racing is a dying sport, lets face it. Bloomquist and Davenport are spending twice as much as every other team. I dont see it as complaining as much as drivers just being honest about their programs. I predict Davenport and Bloomquist will win every major this year.

Kwd1253
06-12-2018, 01:07 PM
Kwd I mentioned about the same thing the other day. You'd think the #49 was the house car not the #39.

I thought Tmac was getting a new rig like last year or the yet before.?

I guess that before landers hooked up with Kevin and jd. The team 49 is the golden child and team 39 is the redhead step child lol.. but if true kind sucks for tmac, specially the run he had last year.

MI Dirt Fan
06-12-2018, 01:10 PM
Late model racing is a dying sport, lets face it. Bloomquist and Davenport are spending twice as much as every other team. I dont see it as complaining as much as drivers just being honest about their programs. I predict Davenport and Bloomquist will win every major this year.
Mmmm. I don't think every major. I know they've been quiet but Rocket1 shouldn't be slept on. Nor Madden.

Planetzer0
06-12-2018, 01:21 PM
I meant the real majors. Show Me 100, DREAM 100, North South, Topless, USA Nationals, DTWC, Knoxville, World 100. Bloomquist is going to win 5 of those races, Davenport will win the other 3.

dirtcrazy4u
06-12-2018, 01:27 PM
Rocket lost there air shock and are searching. I said going into this year T-mac can be said to be the house driver for longhorn, but every eye out there is watching the 49 out performing the house car. Hummmm, somebody not sharing info or did T-mac forget how to drive. As for not having a CDL driver and them showing up as a 1 car operation. I don't have the answer. But, if it is longhorns #1 car, cough,cough, does anyone see what that looks like ? Cheap,cheap,cheap

ThebigE
06-12-2018, 01:27 PM
Best Performance seems to have deep pockets with Josh Richards. They spend a ton of money as well not just Bloomquist and Davenport.

Mantis
06-12-2018, 01:58 PM
As for not having a CDL driver and them showing up as a 1 car operation. I don't have the answer. But, if it is longhorns #1 car, cough,cough, does anyone see what that looks like ? Cheap,cheap,cheap

Seeing the all the guys in their rigs lined up in the concrete pits and then glancing over to see the #39 sitting on a plastic tarp in the middle of a mud hole was certainly strange and I'm sure it's had T-Mac questioning himself and the team all weekend.

Wish I would of taken a picture because it certainly was a very odd sight.

MI Dirt Fan
06-12-2018, 02:02 PM
This was the same question I asked under the TMac thread, post #5. I guess I was under the wrong assumption.

If he is driving the Longhorn house car shouldn't Longhorn be providing everything required to run a national tour including the sponsor responsibilities? With what you see from the #49 you'd think that was the house car.

B_K
06-12-2018, 02:08 PM
Always been a TMac fan, but agree with OP here.

I've always wondered if it was loyalty to the Sweetners Plus guys or something else that's kept him from not being mentioned when some of the bigger rides have had open seats.

He's definitely not shot on ability.

Loobs_07
06-12-2018, 02:25 PM
Can you please flip the record over so can hear what is on the other side?I used to think that Feger complained about money alot but Tmac just took that title from him! That stuff just gets old!Don’t mind hearing from guys that are scraping by. Seen Tim countless times at tracks across the country basically by himself, getting out of the car and wrenching just to hop right back in. Guys always honest and just says whatever is on his mind not some scripted answer. I hear more from bloomquist about this topic of the money it takes to do these national tours than anyone

bleedblue55
06-12-2018, 02:58 PM
I meant the real majors. Show Me 100, DREAM 100, North South, Topless, USA Nationals, DTWC, Knoxville, World 100. Bloomquist is going to win 5 of those races, Davenport will win the other 3.
I'll take you up on a bet with that prediction

MI Dirt Fan
06-12-2018, 03:05 PM
I'll take you up on a bet with that prediction

Thinking about going Centeroff and betting lol

chad1888
06-12-2018, 03:30 PM
sad thing is, the way it sounds is the company that bring most of the sugar into the united states, cant even keep a national level late model going. i rember when all the big block modifed guys started to come to late model racing because it was cheaper and paid more to run a late model. Now most of them guys are back running mods again.

jog49
06-12-2018, 03:39 PM
" Bloomquist and Davenport are spending twice as much as every other team"

First off you don't know that and secondly, you couldn't prove it so I'll take a bet on that. I'll also take a bet that TMac has more to race with financially than Chris Madden but Madden has always found a way to remain a top shelf driver.

Clayton_Wetter
06-12-2018, 03:51 PM
Bloomquist and Davenport are not spending twice as much. Those drivers and the people around them account for most the success.

Kromulous
06-12-2018, 04:16 PM
Hell if Tmac needed a Driver to drive that Rig to the track they should give me a ring. I could help him out in that area. I would hate to seem him quit over that.

I do believe Tmac needs to get mean behind that wheel and race like it !

Bloomquist wins because he is not doing what everyone else is, his cars are superior to any other at this point. Cars steer better, and there not line dependent. He can run anywhere on the track at any point in the race, and be quick doing it. All the others MFRs need to stop whining and get to work.

Bigdirtfan
06-12-2018, 04:40 PM
I like t-mac, but just like birkhofer and feger i dont care to hear your money troubles. These guys are all pretty well off and dont need our sympathy. This is why im not supporting the race at mansfield, having people that buy tickets help pay the purse also. Hate to say it, but its time for a dirt late model revolution. It may or may not be televised.

Matt49
06-12-2018, 04:50 PM
Bloomquist said after the Dream this year that the "money was already spent". Not sure how many of you know what that means in racing but it means they are NOT making money.
Brady Smith
Bart Hartman
Darren Miller
Brian Birkhofer
...all quit in what a fan would imagine was the prime of their careers. Why? Because even with big money coming in (big winners check) they did the math and didn't like what they saw.
It's a sign of the times, boys. Super late model racing on a national level is soon going to be a rich man's game like NASCAR where the only way you get in is with BIG BIG money. The days of a local guy moving up to a regional schedule then to national just on a few sponsors and re-investing winnings into better equipment are GONE. You have got to have independent wealth behind you to make a real go of it.

Josh Bayko
06-12-2018, 04:53 PM
Bloomquist said after the Dream this year that the "money was already spent". Not sure how many of you know what that means in racing but it means they are NOT making money.
Brady Smith
Bart Hartman
Darren Miller
Brian Birkhofer
...all quit in what a fan would imagine was the prime of their careers. Why? Because even with big money coming in (big winners check) they did the math and didn't like what they saw.
It's a sign of the times, boys. Super late model racing on a national level is soon going to be a rich man's game like NASCAR where the only way you get in is with BIG BIG money. The days of a local guy moving up to a regional schedule then to national just on a few sponsors and re-investing winnings into better equipment are GONE. You have got to have independent wealth behind you to make a real go of it.

IIRC, Brady Smith didn’t quit because of finances, he quit because he wanted to spend more time with his family.

a25rjr
06-12-2018, 04:56 PM
Rocket lost there air shock and are searching. I said going into this year T-mac can be said to be the house driver for longhorn, but every eye out there is watching the 49 out performing the house car. Hummmm, somebody not sharing info or did T-mac forget how to drive. As for not having a CDL driver and them showing up as a 1 car operation. I don't have the answer. But, if it is longhorns #1 car, cough,cough, does anyone see what that looks like ? Cheap,cheap,cheap

Cough cough.....sounds like a EPJ re-run.....cough cough!!!

Mindwalker
06-12-2018, 05:16 PM
You kids need to do somthing about your cough.

Mindwalker
06-12-2018, 05:20 PM
Brady Smith
Bart Hartman
Darren Miller
Brian Birkhofer

Yes Sir! It's been coming a long time. There is no turning back now.

MI Dirt Fan
06-12-2018, 05:38 PM
Brady Smith quit not just because of family. It was the main reason but it was also financials, where they were based out of Northern Minnesota and all the time on the road.

There is some good paying shows in that area of Minnesota/Wisconsin. He could pick and choose where he wanted to go and when

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-12-2018, 05:47 PM

Why would 49 be obligated to tell 39 how to be fast? 49 has a serious payroll bill. Why would info be given up for free? If you buy a Rocket and outrun #1, would you spill your guts?

billetbirdcage
06-12-2018, 06:03 PM
No one remember Scott complaining about money a couple years ago at Eldora.........

It got him some extra sponsors and some others stepped up and gave more.

Illtsate32
06-12-2018, 06:26 PM

Pierce wins N/S, USA Nationals, and World...

RoundNrOUND
06-12-2018, 06:34 PM
Some of you people think you have it figured out, you make me sick. Tim is massively underfunded compared to any other touring dirt late model team. Get some facts before you go blasting one of the best in the sport.

jr29
06-12-2018, 06:51 PM
I like how Clint Smith handled his situation. The grind of the touring thing, money, age, etc caught up with him and he just went home and kept racing. No complaining or moaning, just moved on.
At least that's how I understood it.

SHOE32
06-12-2018, 06:51 PM
Being a guy with a CDL,why doesn't Tim just get his CDL in case of things like this happening? There are a lot of drivers that drive the haulers too. And I don't mean he should be the full time truck driver,but just a backup for things like this.

jr29
06-12-2018, 06:53 PM
Being a guy with a CDL,why doesn't Tim just get his CDL in case of things like this happening? There are a lot of drivers that drive the haulers too. And I don't mean he should be the full time truck driver,but just a backup for things like this.

I wondered that too. I remember Kenny Wallace posting on his twitter last year when he got his.

george w
06-12-2018, 07:03 PM
Some of you people think you have it figured out, you make me sick. Tim is massively underfunded compared to any other touring dirt late model team. Get some facts before you go blasting one of the best in the sport. you should post more often

zach51
06-12-2018, 07:56 PM
I just read the article, I didn't really take it as him whining, he was just stating the truth. Not that it matters what I think, but I think if they were to pull off the Lucas full time and just focus on some select local specials and a few crown jewels, regroup over the winter, and try the WOO tour in 2019 that might be the way to go. But who knows.

Kwd1253
06-12-2018, 07:57 PM

Maybe he can't drive big rig? You of all people know some people have it and some don't. All them years with frog and he doesn't have one, tells me he probably can't drive one. Some people can't just drive with mirrors lol.

Mindwalker
06-12-2018, 08:03 PM
I drive better without em... Soon as i get a new car i drive trough at Taco Bells and take them both off slicker then the scum off the Louisiana swamp before i get to the pay window. Never have an issue.

zach51
06-12-2018, 08:09 PM
I prefer Sonic. Those menus are unreasonably close together lol

quickbiscuit
06-12-2018, 08:21 PM
I thought these toterhome rigs didn't require a CDL? Does McCreadie still have a conventional tractor/trailer?

zach51
06-12-2018, 08:57 PM
Yes, Timmy has a full on "big rig".

wastingmoney
06-12-2018, 09:16 PM
Late model racing is a dying sport, lets face it. Bloomquist and Davenport are spending twice as much as every other team. I dont see it as complaining as much as drivers just being honest about their programs. I predict Davenport and Bloomquist will win every major this year.There spending 2million to race a year for maybe taking home $500,000. Makes a guy think whats the deal. Just doesn't add up to me.

wastingmoney
06-12-2018, 09:28 PM
Shoe32 when would Tim have time to rest up for the races if he did that. Drive the Rig and then drive the car the same day/night. Bet results would be dogsh_t. Not to many people have to do that,they have a Driver for the rig, tire guys, crew chief, pit help so the driver only has one job, to wheel the car. Get my point I hope.

Illtsate32
06-12-2018, 09:35 PM
Lets be honest does anybody know for sure what Landers is really spending? They havent even been together a year yet to know what theyve spent lol...

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-13-2018, 12:31 AM
Lets be honest does anybody know for sure what Landers is really spending? They havent even been together a year yet to know what theyve spent lol...

Pretty sure there are folks with a good idea.

TackyTracker
06-13-2018, 12:57 AM
I hope Timmy gets some help..

hucktyson
06-13-2018, 06:17 AM
Illstate , it’s a dude who seems to be the biggest prick in the history of racing. Uses every chance he gets to trash both of his kids for no reason and he’s out to show everyone how big his co&$ is and how much money he has to burry everyone. You right no one knows the actual number but everyone knows for sure it’s a huge loss. Cumley is supposed to be the single smartestdude to ever live on planet earth so surely he was smart enough to demand an astronomical salary considering who he was dealing with...

Paradox28
06-13-2018, 06:22 AM
Complain about cost of racing..continue to travel the whole country racing all the time. THATS what doesn't add up. You would think some of these guys had a gun put to their head and were forced to run nationally.

Pennsboro23
06-13-2018, 06:41 AM
Complain about cost of racing..continue to travel the whole country racing all the time. THATS what doesn't add up. You would think some of these guys had a gun put to their head and were forced to run nationally.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Drivers have big ego's, it would just be smarter to run regionally If they can't afford to run on a national tour but he won't do that.

Josh Bayko
06-13-2018, 06:48 AM
Some of you people think you have it figured out, you make me sick. Tim is massively underfunded compared to any other touring dirt late model team. Get some facts before you go blasting one of the best in the sport.

I think people forget that Tim and Vic actually own the race team, and that Carl Meyers is just the main sponsor. They've never been one of the big money teams.

Josh Bayko
06-13-2018, 06:51 AM
I was thinking the exact same thing. Drivers have big ego's, it would just be smarter to run regionally If they can't afford to run on a national tour but he won't do that.

He lives way up at the top of NY. Even running regionally means traveling 5-8 hours down into PA/OH/WV/DE/MD. It's tough for those big block mod guys.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-13-2018, 08:43 AM
He lives way up at the top of NY. Even running regionally means traveling 5-8 hours down into PA/OH/WV/DE/MD. It's tough for those big block mod guys.

Timmy lives in rochester now

Josh Bayko
06-13-2018, 08:46 AM
Timmy lives in rochester now

That puts him a coupele hours closer, but it would still be quite a haul to race regionally.

dirty-white-boy
06-13-2018, 09:06 AM
Nice to see some good talk here on my post.

Since Tmac is always complaining about $ and help it makes ya wonder a couple things. 1, is he too cheap to pay for his help or 2, is he hard to work for?

As for the outspending people are saying the 0 and the 49 are spending last I checked they are out winning the other teams so my guess is they are outspending them as well. When you are bringing in the most money its easier to justify the spending just like any other business model.

Barbecueboy
06-13-2018, 09:47 AM
So the biggest prick in the history of dlm racing has handed over his title to lance landers????

And posted about it ??? Wow.

I disagree with hucky post and still think he himself holds that distinguished honor, no invert needed.

MI Dirt Fan
06-13-2018, 12:46 PM

I'd like to keep this statement on file for future reference

MI Dirt Fan
06-13-2018, 06:01 PM
I believe Landers was supplying enough sponsorship for BMJ to run a national tour as well this year

a25rjr
06-13-2018, 06:08 PM

2042.......Bloomer will be 80 then!

They all might have a chance.......but then again, maybe not!

Clayton_Wetter
06-13-2018, 06:24 PM
I'd like to keep this statement on file for future reference

Yes, that is one stupid statement!!! hahahahaaaa

MI Dirt Fan
06-13-2018, 06:25 PM
Yes, that is one stupid statement!!! hahahahaaaa

I should bet him like centeroff has been trying to place bets.

Clayton_Wetter
06-13-2018, 06:27 PM
I should bet him like centeroff has been trying to place bets.

I'll take some of that action too!!!! :)

Dlmfan123
06-13-2018, 07:03 PM
On a serious note huck when are u planning on racing?