PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Erb (28)

KBONG
06-14-2018, 09:47 AM
Like that this guy basically does it all, a one man show, but got to be real. Can't make Summer Nationals show and is nothing but a field filler for the Lucas Tour....time to regroup. Time to get new chassis, new motor combo, whatever it takes and focus on regional shows and start winning again.

gman17
06-14-2018, 10:17 AM
So sick of hearing he is a one man show he is not he has help and always has someone around to help if nobody is there. I do agree with ya he is a filler not a fan by any means but i think its time to regroup

bullring
06-14-2018, 10:27 AM
Last night was a one groove track. If you didn't qualify good, you were screwed. Not sure how a guy from Australia gets a provisional over a former champ either but whatever.

It does seem foolish thpough that he's going to have to travel to Mississippi this weekend with 2 $10,000 to win shows within an hour of his house.

Hoosier_Dirt
06-14-2018, 10:28 AM
He's had every motor/chassis out there. Needs to drop down and race regionally.

rickybrown1952
06-14-2018, 10:36 AM
I myself would like to see Dennis run regional races but don't see that happening. I think he makes more money running Lucus oil series.of course if he ran regional and some Lucus oil series races in his region I think he would do real good.

Cardirt0
06-14-2018, 10:43 AM
Cash he needs a sugar daddy.. Time for him to get on a team. He runs on what he wins and thats no longer enuff.

MI Dirt Fan
06-14-2018, 11:11 AM
I like how everyone takes him in the fantasy picks though lol

Krooser
06-14-2018, 11:13 AM
I'm thinking his detractors should strap in a car and do better...

Loobs_07
06-14-2018, 11:21 AM
Blah blah blah same people sayin 45 days ago pierce should drop off the Lucas tour. This guy just the dream what 2 years ago? Might be behind the ball right now in time but happens to the best of them.

TheJet-09
06-14-2018, 11:28 AM
I can certainly relate to the One Man Band moniker, but to still hear that to this day is a discredit to Heather and the work she does. I don't know her personally, but can see that she busts her tail working on that car...all in a male dominated sport as well.

Win, lose, or draw, the guy is still one of my automatic pics for any race he is at. If he were to hang it up tomorrow, wouldn't most everyone agree that he had a pretty good career? He gets to race for a living either way, and who among us wouldn't want to be able to do that?

Kwd1253
06-14-2018, 11:40 AM
Last night was a one groove track. If you didn't qualify good, you were screwed. Not sure how a guy from Australia gets a provisional over a former champ either but whatever.

It does seem foolish thpough that he's going to have to travel to Mississippi this weekend with 2 $10,000 to win shows within an hour of his house.

Wouldnt say one band team. Heather knows her away around a car. Erb lucky have someone like heather. Why miss his toe money at end of the year just for two 10k races? But agree he not running well at places where he should. I’m not a erb fan really tho. He runs great at the mag, specially when it turns into black ice. Think this weewill see if he that far behind. I think he will get a top 5 at the mag.

Illtsate32
06-14-2018, 11:40 AM
Agreed hes just fallen behing the curve of the latest trends that are fast right now..heck its happening to Richards right now too...

Pitboard
06-14-2018, 11:41 AM
@bullring: That Australian ran the whole tour last year and finished 7th or 8th in points. Dennis didn't. Stubber gets the provisional, pretty simple to me.

As for traveling with Lucas, it's not so much the money on top, but their purses pay much better through the field than UMP shows. Also, for those in the top 12 that's an another automatic $700 plus contingencies every night as soon as you pull in the gate. Of course, Dennis sits 13th right now so if he was ever going to drop off, now might be the time...

MI Dirt Fan
06-14-2018, 11:46 AM
What were the other 3 provisionals for?

Illtsate32
06-14-2018, 11:47 AM
Didnt somebody say that Rhino Ag was keeping Erb going on the tour? I could be mistaken but I thought I heard that?

TheJet-09
06-14-2018, 11:50 AM
PROVISIONALS
Position 19 – Top driver in current Summer Nationals points not qualified after the LCS.
Position 20 - Top driver in the 2017 DIRTcar National Late Model points not qualified.
(Driver may only use two Provisional’s per Monday thru Sunday week.)
Position 21 – Promoters Choice at promoters’ option with approval of method by DIRTcar Officials prior to
drivers meeting.
Position 22- Next eligible driver in current Summer Nationals points not qualified after the LCS

I guess since it was night #1, the last provisional reverted back to last year.

bullring
06-14-2018, 12:00 PM
Thanks Jet. That makes sense.

Highside Hustler25
06-14-2018, 12:34 PM
Like that this guy basically does it all, a one man show, but got to be real. Can't make Summer Nationals show and is nothing but a field filler for the Lucas Tour....time to regroup. Time to get new chassis, new motor combo, whatever it takes and focus on regional shows and start winning again.

Dennis just missed the setup for qualifying and on a locked down track, that pretty much spells your done. If that track was raceable, Erb would have come to the front. Been watching him run there for what seems like decades. He knows his way around that place.
Dennis has always been streaky. Just when you think He's out to pasture, He picks off a big win. It's probably coming soon.

Dlmfan123
06-14-2018, 12:36 PM
With rhino ag on the car I don’t see there being any way he drops off lucas

Jking24
06-14-2018, 01:18 PM
This whole thread reminds me of a few years ago when Randy weaver clicked off 8 in a row. The peanut gallerie said he was unstoppable and then a few weeks later when he hadn't won suddenly he was washed up and it was all just a fluke. Im not a swrrvin erbin fan but you can not deny the guy is far from a regional talent. their just missing somthing right now. Just like Owens has been and lanigan and Richards and so on. maybe the budget is a little tight after purchasing that new to them hauler. The last few years he has had quite a few new cars. This year maybe not so much.they will get going again and be just fine

MI Dirt Fan
06-14-2018, 01:40 PM
He had a new car last year at the World Finals when he worked them over the one night for a win

pierceFAN
06-14-2018, 01:43 PM
I think personally Dennis switches chassis brands to often.... Like he expects to win right out if the box... Bout the time he starts going to these tracks a second or third time he switches chassis and out the window the notes go.... Just my thought...

ThebigE
06-14-2018, 02:06 PM
Paul Stubber is just a field filler too. The only reason he will make the races this year are through provisionals.

Cardirt0
06-14-2018, 04:24 PM
He hurt his Big motor that cant help him right now.

Zonks32x
06-14-2018, 04:38 PM
Just curious....

Why would he drop off the lucas tour and race regionally, when it's all the regional fans that are slamming the guy.

I wish I could be as bad as Dennis in a late model, running a national tour.

If "winning" these races on tour were easy, more guys would be doing it.

dirtluver
06-14-2018, 04:44 PM
He was just shaking his car down for weekend. he didn't want to tear it up being in the back. If he would of had a better start he would of raced hard for win and could of won. Why tear up car for couple bucks.

slmcrewchief99
06-14-2018, 05:54 PM
I have an idea. Just do away with both National series. That way everyone can race regionally. Lets have 1 chassis and 1 engine while we are at it. That should help the competition be 100% equal.... smdh

getinit
06-14-2018, 07:56 PM
I think personally Dennis switches chassis brands to often.... Like he expects to win right out if the box... Bout the time he starts going to these tracks a second or third time he switches chassis and out the window the notes go.... Just my thought...

Did I miss him switching chassis?? He's been in Black Diamond cars for the last 3-4 years hasn't he?
He's had either a Rayburn, bloomquist, Barry Wright or Black Diamond for as long as I can remember. 4 Chassis in 15-20 years isn't exactly switching brands too often, Heck, Tony Jackson does that in a season. lol

pierceFAN
06-14-2018, 08:07 PM
Did I miss him switching chassis?? He's been in Black Diamond cars for the last 3-4 years hasn't he?
He's had either a Rayburn, bloomquist, Barry Wright or Black Diamond for as long as I can remember. 4 Chassis in 15-20 years isn't exactly switching brands too often, Heck, Tony Jackson does that in a season. lol

That's for sure about Tony Jackson

PushinDad
06-14-2018, 08:34 PM
Jet, what happened to you at Peoria?

TheJet-09
06-14-2018, 09:35 PM
Warmed the car up to go out and hot lap, but as I pulled away from my trailer something didn't sound right in the engine, so I loaded up and spectated. Checked the O-Berg today and it's got metal in it. I thought it was cam/lifter related so maybe a cam bearing?

Thanks for asking though!

dirtcrazy4u
06-14-2018, 10:15 PM
Yea Erb needs to get off the tour, T-mac needs to find a sponsor because he can't get out of his own way either. Little bobbie needs to go run regional, the CBR racing team drivers are old and older. EPJ is out to lunch. Heck, the only 2 that can win a race in the lucas series is Ole bloomer and J DRUMLEY. geezzzz. Erb, is a wise racer, he qualifies well and he will be there at the end. T-mac, so being a house car gets him NO benefits ? Sweetness plus is not a major sponsorship? The 2 rigs and cars on the big block mod tour must be funded with peanuts then. The dunn-Benson ride is second class ? CBR, with o'Neal and Lanigan can't wait to load that junk up. Come on, as in any form of major racing, you have 1 chassis brand that is king, 1 motor builder that has something over the rest. The same goes for shocks. It is becoming more obvious as to who those individuals are. If you don't have there stuff your just not in the same league as though that do.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-14-2018, 10:34 PM
Warmed the car up to go out and hot lap, but as I pulled away from my trailer something didn't sound right in the engine, so I loaded up and spectated. Checked the O-Berg today and it's got metal in it. I thought it was cam/lifter related so maybe a cam bearing?

That suck big time hope u gst it fixed quick

Cardirt0
06-15-2018, 09:50 AM

You do your own Motors. Man a tear down ant cheap no more so sorry to hear this. You going to pull the cam to see if its shows signs. or just redo the motor.

TheJet-09
06-15-2018, 10:13 AM
Hey Gary, it's actually an old Rhyne engine, which has ran great. Funds are nonexistent right now, so we'll see what tomorrow brings. But definitely one of the many reasons (across the board) that have been discussed as to why car counts are so low anymore.

I just look at engines at ticking time bombs, anyway. It's just a matter of how long they will tick before they go boom.

Thanks for asking!

Kwd1253
06-15-2018, 10:40 AM
I have an idea. Just do away with both National series. That way everyone can race regionally. Lets have 1 chassis and 1 engine while we are at it. That should help the competition be 100% equal.... smdh

Lol don’t forget same shocks, same tires.

Nice run last weekend at Jackson. Is clay going try run this weekend at the mag?

slmcrewchief99
06-15-2018, 12:51 PM
We are loaded up for the Mag but the A/C is out in his Toter. He is scrambling to have it looked at but no luck so far. Not sure if we will make it or not. Doesn't look very promising.

Yes he let the race at Jackson get away from him. He led 35 laps and let a lap car trap him just long enough for Wall to get by. Clay was up beside Wall to take the lead back and a caution came out. 3 laps wasn't enough to get him back. He is still kicking himself over that 1 too.

MI Dirt Fan
06-15-2018, 12:56 PM
We are loaded up for the Mag but the A/C is out in his Toter. He is scrambling to have it looked at but no luck so far. Not sure if we will make it or not. Doesn't look very promising.

Apparently Best performance has the same issue with thier hauler is what I heard yesterday.

Dlmfan123
06-15-2018, 01:15 PM
Apparently Best performance has the same issue with thier hauler is what I heard yesterday.Josh is having generator problems in his trailer

a25rjr
06-15-2018, 01:22 PM

Yes he let the race at Jackson get away from him. He led 35 laps and let a lap car trap him just long enough for Wall to get by. Clay was up beside Wall to take the lead back and a caution came out. 3 laps wasn't enough to get him back. He is still kicking himself over that 1 too.

Good luck this weekend!

Get them Black Diamonds up front!

Kwd1253
06-15-2018, 01:44 PM
Found the solution to the ac probably. Go to Walmart and get you one them portable ac and get clay one them cheap $10 fans lol 😂

slmcrewchief99
06-15-2018, 02:25 PM
Found the solution to the ac probably. Go to Walmart and get you one them portable ac and get clay one them cheap $10 fans lol 

I have an even better solution. I'm staying home in my a/c. Clay is gonna come but not race. I figure he will help Stuckey and Earl.

Kwd1253
06-15-2018, 02:32 PM
Haha I hear you on that. To (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) hot this part of the year in the south without ac lol.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-15-2018, 02:50 PM
Haha I hear you on that. To (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) hot this part of the year in the south without ac lol.

Not when ur a cool cat!😎😎😎

Kwd1253
06-15-2018, 03:00 PM
Not when ur a cool cat!

Shoot you melt down here.. I have rain clouds over me and still feels like 100 degrees. My poor driller operator crying his butt off because the ac out in are drilling rig. Lmao I know my truck ac works great .

a25rjr
06-15-2018, 03:13 PM
Shoot you melt down here.. I rain clouds over me and still feels like 100 degrees. My poor driller operator crying his butt off because the ac out in are drilling rig. Lmao I know my truck ac works great .

LOL......when my ac in the work truck starts acting up, its straight to the mechanics shop!

No ac....no worky!!!

slmcrewchief99
06-15-2018, 03:16 PM
LOL......when my ac in the work truck starts acting up, its straight to the mechanics shop!

No ac....no worky!!!

Exactly!!!! I have over 5 weeks vacation and will use them all up if I have to. No a/c and Alan goes on strike. lol

a25rjr
06-15-2018, 03:21 PM
Exactly!!!! I have over 5 weeks vacation and will use them all up if I have to. No a/c and Alan goes on strike. lol

My compressor started whining a little 2 weeks ago and I already gotta new compressor and drier sittin here! I can only find parts at the dealer and you know what that means, so I got them online! lol

slmcrewchief99
06-15-2018, 03:30 PM
My compressor started whining a little 2 weeks ago and I already gotta new compressor and drier sittin here! I can only find parts at the dealer and you know what that means, so I got them online! lol

My motorhome has been at Camping World in Little Rock for 2 months having warranty work done. 1 of the a/c units is out. Took them a month to get it in. A week to install it. I literally just talked to them and the computer board for it is out. They will have it another week unless I personally pay for express shipping. Even though I already told them it was fried before hand and they have had it 2 months already.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-15-2018, 03:34 PM
Shoot you melt down here.. I rain clouds over me and still feels like 100 degrees. My poor driller operator crying his butt off because the ac out in are drilling rig. Lmao I know my truck ac works great .

No a/c in my paint booth. Heats off and still 98°

Kwd1253
06-15-2018, 03:37 PM
Sounds like they are milking it, so you go ahead pay someone else to do it.

Kwd1253
06-15-2018, 03:41 PM
Got love shops and paint booths. You have led lights or them old school cooking bulbs lol

slmcrewchief99
06-15-2018, 03:44 PM
Sounds like they are milking it, so you go ahead pay someone else to do it.

They just called back. Gonna cost me $110 to have it here by Tuesday. If not, it will be Monday week before it comes. I have no choice. I need my Motorhome back!!!!

Hey SS, it's a mere 69deg here in my recliner at home. lol

Cardirt0
06-15-2018, 03:44 PM
Hey Gary, it's actually an old Rhyne engine, which has ran great. Funds are nonexistent right now, so we'll see what tomorrow brings. But definitely one of the many reasons (across the board) that have been discussed as to why car counts are so low anymore.

I just look at engines at ticking time bombs, anyway. It's just a matter of how long they will tick before they go boom.

Thanks for asking!

Sorry funds low know how that is. need to have 5000 if you taking one down today nothing cheap no more.. Hope it works out. Cant do it cheap no more thats why a lot have just gave up.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-15-2018, 03:52 PM
Got love shops and paint booths. You have led lights or them old school cooking bulbs lol

Floresent bulbs. USI ITALIA Heated down draft booth.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-15-2018, 03:54 PM
They just called back. Gonna cost me $110 to have it here by Tuesday. If not, it will be Monday week before it comes. I have no choice. I need my Motorhome back!!!!

Hey SS, it's a mere 69deg here in my recliner at home. lol

Hey whats up slmcc99. How u been? I been getn beat up on here as u prolly seen lmao 🤣🤣🤣🤣

slmcrewchief99
06-15-2018, 04:06 PM
Hey whats up slmcc99. How u been? I been getn beat up on here as u prolly seen lmao 藍藍藍藍

I'm doing good. Feel better than I have in probably 5 years. Thanks for asking. I'm on here reading all the time. I see that you, CO, and Blackie are still goin at it. Seems to be less heated and that's good. Not to make it worse but I'm gonna say by the end of Aug the spoiler will change to Team 0. Just had to throw that in my friend.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-15-2018, 04:11 PM
Geez thanks slmcc99 lol
Your forcast is wrong lol

a25rjr
06-15-2018, 09:01 PM
Geez thanks slmcc99 lol
Your forcast is wrong lol

.....And $130k later....!!!

Gonna be a lonnnngggg summer for you!

chupp n bloomer fan
06-16-2018, 05:44 AM
Shoot you melt down here.. I have rain clouds over me and still feels like 100 degrees. My poor driller operator crying his butt off because the ac out in are drilling rig. Lmao I know my truck ac works great .Drilling oil, or something else? Miserable when the AC is out on a cabbed machine. Especially one you sit still on.