PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to 4m member shawburn....

Krooser
06-16-2018, 02:09 PM
My old racing buddy Jim Juneau ( shawburn) got out of the grandstands and back in the driver's seat Friday night at Plymouth, WI for the Russ Scheffler Tribute night.

Jim is another mid-60's guy who believes age is just a number and he got some seat time in the Wissota late model he bought over the winter. He and I ran against each other on a regular basis at Hales Corners in the 80's.

If I ever get my junk together we can do that again...

So my advise to you guys is get away from the keyboard and get back into the fray...it's never too late.

TheJet-09
06-16-2018, 03:19 PM
Glad to hear that. For many of us, it was something we wanted to do since we were kids, so why listen to those who say we're too old or are just "field fillers."

So when are we gonna see Krooser make his triumphant return?

Bob Hubbard
06-16-2018, 03:26 PM
Life is short ... Get your butt in gear & do it .... Good Story

Krooser
06-16-2018, 03:51 PM
Promised the wife is get her Jeep back on the road first...life has been getting in the way. Plus the engine shop dropped the ball on ordering pistons for my Slant 6 race motor...

Krooser
06-16-2018, 04:01 PM
Here's shawburn in the 117...

https://www.facebook.com/courtney.smith6411/videos/pcb.10102534769693606/10102534767243516/?type=3&theater

Krooser
06-16-2018, 04:08 PM

klemmabyna
06-16-2018, 05:00 PM
Krooser: love the post. one of the things I enjoy is checking out race results and stumbling on to names that made a splash and then haven't heard of for years. makes me think that behind the wheel gets in the blood as much as watching. don't have to win all the time to enjoy the sport.

Krooser
06-16-2018, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the kind words...

TBSprintFan
06-17-2018, 02:34 AM
My old racing buddy Jim Juneau ( shawburn) got out of the grandstands and back in the driver's seat Friday night at Plymouth, WI for the Russ Scheffler Tribute night.

Jim is another mid-60's guy who believes age is just a number and he got some seat time in the Wissota late model he bought over the winter. He and I ran against each other on a regular basis at Hales Corners in the 80's.

If I ever get my junk together we can do that again...

So my advise to you guys is get away from the keyboard and get back into the fray...it's never too late.

Did you ever race against Jim Bruggeman #54 from White Bear Lake, MN? I see his name back in some late model results and he must be in his mid 60"s or older.

Krooser
06-17-2018, 03:54 AM
Bruggeman was in late models while I ran sportsman cars but I travelled enough back then to have seen him run. Those were some heady days in the 70's for race fans in Iowa, MN and Wisconsin .... the weekly racer could run right with the best financed guys and win. Some ran three to four nights per week... with that much racing a guy doesn't need a data logger or pull down rig.

TBSprintFan
06-17-2018, 03:29 PM
Bruggeman was in late models while I ran sportsman cars but I travelled enough back then to have seen him run. Those were some heady days in the 70's for race fans in Iowa, MN and Wisconsin .... the weekly racer could run right with the best financed guys and win. Some ran three to four nights per week... with that much racing a guy doesn't need a data logger or pull down rig.

Plus we had our own Hall of Fame Late Model racer from Thunder Bay, #1 Tom Nesbitt. We also had #97 John Jones and then later # 51 Joel Cryderman. We had everyone come up to Thunder Bay, ON Canada to Riverview Raceways from Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa in the fall time for our Canadian Dirt Track Invitational in the mid to late 70's and then into the 80's and early 90's. Driver's such as Ed Sanger, Curt Hansen, (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Schlitz, Leon Plank, Phil Prusak, Dave Morgan, JJ Smith, Pete Parker, Jim Bruggeman, Rick Egersdorf, Rick Aukland, Mitch Johnson, etc., etc.. The track closed in 1993. Sure miss the track and the great invitationals it had.

Krooser
06-18-2018, 08:27 AM
The guy who announces at Rice Lake Speedway in WI is the world's biggest Tom Nesbitt fan...