PDA

View Full Version : Dunn Benson Motorsports Statement

smoothoperator32
06-19-2018, 04:25 PM
https://www.facebook.com/dunnbensonmotorsports/

Cardirt0
06-20-2018, 12:29 AM
Bobby may do bone head things on the track at times. but i do not think he did this.
Add: and he ant done mush of that of late.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-20-2018, 04:36 AM
The very people on that Facebook page, guaranteed are the same ones who crucify Bloomer, and everyone else who gets busted. Shoes on the other foot, and now it’s everyone else’s problem.

Do I think it’s fishy that Eldora is the only magical place this happens, yes. One of two things, those not following WRG stuff wing it and see if they can get by, or the benchmarks aren’t always accurate.

I think both have happened with all those tested. And I don’t know where Bobby falls on the issue. Doesn’t matter to me, I know they all push the issue somewhere. He is still very talented and will be fine. The hypocrisy is my issue.

golddirt
06-20-2018, 05:16 AM
Bottom line the tire testing is bogus. Tell me one thing, what is benchmark?

Barbecueboy
06-20-2018, 06:57 AM
Benchmark is the term used for " don't try and improve the tire we sell you, just buy more that might work better"

Burke1118
06-20-2018, 07:09 AM
I have full confidence that the lab testing is the best way we have to test for tire prep. If anything, I don't think it catches enough preppers. Tire prep has been an ongoing plague for a while and I commend Eldora for actually tossing people. Every person who gets caught says the same thing "oh we didn't prep we are innocent!!" and tries to threaten series by turning the fans against them. My new favorite driver will be the one who next gets busted then gets on facebook and says: "Well we tried to gain an advantage and pull one over on everyone. We got busted. We accept full responsibility as there is no one to blame but ourselves. We learned our lesson, will pay our fine, and be back in 30 days!"

Barbecueboy
06-20-2018, 07:48 AM
Has or can anybody answer the question of why treating tires isn't allowed???

That question always seems to go unanswered or glossed over with the hypocritical blanket health concern statement.......anybody want to step up and offer a viable reason.

a25rjr
06-20-2018, 08:05 AM
Has or can anybody answer the question of why treating tires isn't allowed???

That question always seems to go unanswered or glossed over with the hypocritical blanket health concern statement.......anybody want to step up and offer a viable reason.

Because of the environmental issues.......those volatile chemicals will evaporate and lead to more global warming

..or..

because the Purple Mafia said so!........you choose! :)

Kromulous
06-20-2018, 08:07 AM
Big fat cheaters !!!!!

rc24
06-20-2018, 08:16 AM
Adds a lot of expense really. I use about 8 different brands on my Remote control racing tires. Its kinda crazy labeling which compound is on what tire. (adds cost) I do notice tracks take rubber more often with the chemicals being used against the the tracks that don't allow it. It also makes wear more noticeable with the treated tires. Just what i see personally. Yes the compounds do help traction if you apply correctly and use the right ones.

Cardirt0
06-20-2018, 08:23 AM
I Know how to fix this

MAKE A BETTER TIRE.

Kwd1253
06-20-2018, 08:27 AM
How many drivers/teams bust test for Lucas major events?

Bumpandrun
06-20-2018, 08:41 AM
I don’t have a Facebook, so I can’t read their statement, and have no clue what they said. I am not for or against Bobby Pierce. Obviously he is a talented driver and deserves to be in top notch equipment. They have to come up with a better way to control this. WRG is kind of fishy.

Barbecueboy
06-20-2018, 09:26 AM
Adds a lot of expense really. I use about 8 different brands on my Remote control racing tires. Its kinda crazy labeling which compound is on what tire. (adds cost) I do notice tracks take rubber more often with the chemicals being used against the the tracks that don't allow it. It also makes wear more noticeable with the treated tires. Just what i see personally. Yes the compounds do help traction if you apply correctly and use the right ones.

I've always heard it's cheap speed compared to bigger more expensive everything else that makes speed......in all forms of racing.

Thanks for your take on it and posting an honest answer.

Barbecueboy
06-20-2018, 09:28 AM
I Know how to fix this

MAKE A BETTER TIRE.

There are companies that would love to get in the game if allowed.....

Healthy competition makes for a better product for everyone.

ALLDIRT
06-20-2018, 09:32 AM
I don't have anything against Bobby . But there has been none stop bashing of
not just Bloomquist , Jackie Boggs , Zack Dome , and many others . It just seems
that people anymore just can't wait to bash anyone at the first chance they get .
Especially BOOMQUIST . If racing keeps getting beat in the ground as it does on here ,
and there are no more races to see , the day dreamers will have nothing left to do
but dream about the past . total support is what is needed . If your team does not
do as well as others , don't hate the winner . The drivers need the fans support .
So the loser's know who you are . When you lose you lose . Get over it . It will
make you feel better when you win.

Cardirt0
06-20-2018, 01:33 PM
There are companies that would love to get in the game if allowed.....

Healthy competition makes for a better product for everyone.

To much ball srashing going on.

NormP
06-20-2018, 03:57 PM
Other than Chris Madden, who may as well bathe in the stuff as often as he gets caught, it's suspicious that only drivers following the Lucas tour get nailed at the UMP events at Eldora. And even Madden wasn't a WoO regular until recently. By the way, I hope he wins the series this year. It doesn't bother me one bit that he treats tires. There should be no rules against it. Why can we bend and twist and change body rules over the past 25 years but not tire rules?

And no one with half a brain thinks that Lucas drivers are the ones that get caught because they're the only ones doing it.

I'd like to see a team actually nut up and take the issue to court instead of always caving in and settling. The chain of custody seems very weak.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-20-2018, 05:12 PM
Because of the environmental issues.......those volatile chemicals will evaporate and lead to more global warming

..or..

because the Purple Mafia said so!........you choose! :)Read an SDS label on the stuff, breathe it in, don’t wear gloves, or safety glasses, and get back with me.

golddirt
06-20-2018, 05:30 PM
Cnbf, by some of these posts some have already done that.

Barbecueboy
06-20-2018, 06:31 PM
So I'm guessing the fuels, the brake cleaner,carb cleaners,exhaust,oils,glues, epoxies and lord knows what else is in the hauler and shops are all safe to be around and huff the fumes without the stated protective gear???

Give me a freakin break...

No doubt the chemicals used to treat the tires are dangerous ( just like all the above mentioned), but the days of folks saying it's the only reason tires can't be treated and anyone believing that its the only reason is pure insanity.

It all boils down to greed and control

a25rjr
06-20-2018, 06:58 PM
I think you mean msds sheets!

If we all did that, none of us would EVER take any medications. It appears some of the after effects are far worse than the illness!

dirty-white-boy
06-21-2018, 12:31 PM
Its so official its not even there!

Jk19
06-21-2018, 01:05 PM
Actually they took the M off of MSDS so it's just SDS now a days

shaggy20
06-21-2018, 01:44 PM
Bobby cheating peirce

seminole939913
06-21-2018, 01:50 PM
Bottom line is, whether the guys are actually guilty of cheating tires or not, it seems to always be at Eldora with the WRG and the P.O.S. Sam Driggers is standing back laughing, shoving the money in his pocket while everyone is trying to figure it out. Bottom line is, to get rid of the weed, you have to kill it by the root. Maybe they should spray some tire treatment on Driggers and hopes he shrivels up like the wicked witch in the Wizard of OZ!!! LOL

chupp n bloomer fan
06-21-2018, 03:42 PM
I think you mean msds sheets!

If we all did that, none of us would EVER take any medications. It appears some of the after effects are far worse than the illness!

Actually they took the M off of MSDS so it's just SDS now a daysPrecisely. They are no longer MSDS sheets.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-21-2018, 03:45 PM
So I'm guessing the fuels, the brake cleaner,carb cleaners,exhaust,oils,glues, epoxies and lord knows what else is in the hauler and shops are all safe to be around and huff the fumes without the stated protective gear???

No doubt the chemicals used to treat the tires are dangerous ( just like all the above mentioned), but the days of folks saying it's the only reason tires can't be treated and anyone believing that its the only reason is pure insanity.

It all boils down to greed and controlIf you wanna huff the stuff BBQ, go right ahead. But to answer your question, no they are not. Read the labels on that stuff.

While I agree on tires it’s mostly Hoosier probably, none of that treatment stuff is good for ya either.

WisWildManFan
06-21-2018, 03:53 PM
Bobby cheating peirceEat chit lol lol

Clayton_Wetter
06-21-2018, 05:27 PM

The tire dopes are much more dangerous.

Stefan2k4
06-21-2018, 05:50 PM
I've always heard the 2 most common ingredients are Xylene and toluene. These are benzene like compounds and are very likely carcinogens. I suppose that"s one big reason racetrack promoters don't like them. The idea of the liability it might pose to have all those fans in the grandstands breathing dust contaminated with these chemicals probably scares the crap out of them.

a25rjr
06-21-2018, 06:15 PM
If you wanna huff the stuff BBQ, go right ahead. But to answer your question, no they are not. Read the labels on that stuff.

While I agree on tires it’s mostly Hoosier probably, none of that treatment stuff is good for ya either

Most preps ingredients are paint related.

There's a lot of people that use these products every day in various occupations, and few suffer any serious consequenses.

Barbecueboy
06-21-2018, 08:14 PM
Yes there are 25jr.....many folks work and handle those same materials every single day without incident.

granted none of it is particularly safe, but if handled properly the hazards are no more dangerous than any other solvent, fuel or aerosol spray racing related item.

The argument of health being the primary reason for the tire treatment rule is absolutely not true.......not even close.

Barbecueboy
06-21-2018, 08:17 PM
I've always heard the 2 most common ingredients are Xylene and toluene. These are benzene like compounds and are very likely carcinogens. I suppose that"s one big reason racetrack promoters don't like them. The idea of the liability it might pose to have all those fans in the grandstands breathing dust contaminated with these chemicals probably scares the crap out of them.

Losing their major tire sponsor probably scares the crap out of them even worse.

Barbecueboy
06-21-2018, 08:19 PM
The tire dopes are much more dangerous.

You mean like an ar15 being much more dangerous than a sawed off shotgun???

Like that much more dangerous?

Clayton_Wetter
06-21-2018, 08:24 PM
You mean like an ar15 being much more dangerous than a sawed off shotgun???

Like that much more dangerous?

No, now you can make a much more fair comparison than that BQB!!!! :)

Barbecueboy
06-21-2018, 08:28 PM
No, now you can make a much more fair comparison than that BQB!!!! :)

Pall mall unfiltered much more dangerous than Salem light???

A mother bear much more dangerous than a mother moose???

A sharp machete much more dangerous than a Bowie knife??

All will kill you under the right circumstances.

Clayton_Wetter
06-21-2018, 08:33 PM
Pall mall unfiltered much more dangerous than Salem light???

A mother bear much more dangerous than a mother moose???

A sharp machete much more dangerous than a Bowie knife??

All will kill you under the right circumstances.

The danger is that inhaling the tire dope fumes is so much worse. Not to mention skin contact.

a25rjr
06-21-2018, 08:40 PM
The danger is that inhaling the tire dope fumes is so much worse. Not to mention skin contact.

C,mon CW......Ive been in an enclosed 24x24 garage treating tires on a rotisserie, for hours, and never got close to a buzz.

But then years ago, I was working in a auto parts warehouse that stocked paint, and got a major buzz off a spilt can of lacquer thinner!

Don't get sucked into the hype!

Clayton_Wetter
06-21-2018, 08:43 PM
C,mon CW......Ive been in an enclosed 24x24 garage treating tires on a rotisserie, for hours, and never got close to a buzz.

But then years ago, I was working in a auto parts warehouse that stocked paint, and got a major buzz off a spilt can of lacquer thinner!

Don't get sucked into the hype!

Come on man!!!!! hahahahaaaaa

These products, in most cases, contain very toxic chemicals. They contain hydrocarbons as the active ingredients. Some examples are benzene and toluene, a couple of chemicals that have been linked to causing cancer in humans. The tire prep manufacturers and retailers do acknowledge the potential hazards, however, most provide explicit instructions and safety guidelines. For example, one company recommends applying the product in a well-ventilated room. Steps like using gloves when applying the product and procedures for cleansing if there is skin contact are commonly found in the instruction sheet.

The health risk is one that cannot be ignored. East Bay Raceway Park in Florida clearly cites the danger in the rule book.

Yes copied and pasted!!!

Mindwalker
06-21-2018, 08:46 PM
I thinks it's all just a come on, man! That's what I think.

a25rjr
06-21-2018, 08:51 PM
I thinks it's all just a come on, man! That's what I think.

Good one there....morrissssss!

Barbecueboy
06-22-2018, 07:08 AM
Come on man!!!!! hahahahaaaaa

These products, in most cases, contain very toxic chemicals. They contain hydrocarbons as the active ingredients. Some examples are benzene and toluene, a couple of chemicals that have been linked to causing cancer in humans. The tire prep manufacturers and retailers do acknowledge the potential hazards, however, most provide explicit instructions and safety guidelines. For example, one company recommends applying the product in a well-ventilated room. Steps like using gloves when applying the product and procedures for cleansing if there is skin contact are commonly found in the instruction sheet.

The health risk is one that cannot be ignored. East Bay Raceway Park in Florida clearly cites the danger in the rule book.

Yes copied and pasted!!!

Go to a race supply shop , paint store,or for that matter an oreilys......pick up a spray can of almost anything, a can of solvent, read the warnings......report back.

Lay off the koolaid.

zyoung25
06-22-2018, 08:02 AM
This isn't the 80s anymore anymore. The tire preps that are out are not as hazardous as some think. The stuff I used you could apply with bare skin, and smelled really good. I realize I'm probably about to get into an argument I can't win, and I don't feel like trying to kick water up hill with it. So I'm just speaking with my past experiences.

As long as they patrolled the kind of preps that was used, there wouldn't be any harm done.

Barbecueboy
06-22-2018, 08:19 AM
This isn't the 80s anymore anymore. The tire preps that are out are not as hazardous as some think. The stuff I used you could apply with bare skin, and smelled really good. I realize I'm probably about to get into an argument I can't win, and I don't feel like trying to kick water up hill with it. So I'm just speaking with my past experiences.

As long as they patrolled the kind of preps that was used, there wouldn't be any harm done.

Only harm would be done to the bottom line of a the tire producer........

But I digress

Illtsate32
06-22-2018, 09:29 AM

Man you summed it up there. You could have the most valid and logical points possible and people on here will still argue with you and tell you you're wrong lol...

Cardirt0
06-22-2018, 10:21 AM
This is just one more thing killing Dirt Racing.

Snake X3
06-22-2018, 10:24 AM
Man you summed it up there. You could have the most valid and logical points possible and people on here will still argue with you and tell you you're wrong lol...

Just figuring that out now, eh? LOL

Mindwalker
06-22-2018, 10:49 AM
What don't appear hazardous now usually turns out to be later. Js...

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-22-2018, 11:26 AM
What don't appear hazardous now usually turns out to be later. Js...

As in yourself!😁😁

rageman
06-22-2018, 11:42 AM
How does anyone know that it isn't something they are preparing the track with and with the rubber compounds are coming up with the prep solution ?? Does anyone know what they use to put on the dirt to keep the dust and dirt down and so it rubbers up threw the corners????

Barbecueboy
06-22-2018, 12:34 PM
How does anyone know that it isn't something they are preparing the track with and with the rubber compounds are coming up with the prep solution ?? Does anyone know what they use to put on the dirt to keep the dust and dirt down and so it rubbers up threw the corners????
All the 4 m experts have always said that there is no possible way contaminates can be picked up on the track or rolling though something in the pits, or picked up in shipping or in a stockroom wharehouse.....they have all said that every single time, thus the drivers are all cheaters......

Right guys??

Anybody get a look at the dod picture and see the tire trailer picture at Jacksonville and the two associates handing them out and the trailer they sit in and how they are stacked,sorted and delivered ???its just a great shot showing how they arrive at the track .......nothing at all could possibly be wrong with that set up for tire delivery could there??? That pic says it all as to the way tires are handled and distributed .

The following sounds you will hear will most likely be crickets.

Get rid of the rule folks.

slmcrewchief99
06-22-2018, 01:05 PM
I have worked in the tire industry for almost 33 years. That still does not make me an expert but I do know a little of what I am talking about. With that said it is in my honest opinion that no they are not picking up contaminants during shipping or going through the pits or on the track. Every car in the pits would be illegal if it was something on the track because every car gets on the track. I will be more than glad to go in detail later. It's illegal to text and drive. Lol

CageFaraday
06-22-2018, 01:31 PM

I'll give you a good reason NOT to allow reckless off label use of chemicals on tires, the EPA. The EPA and the crazy Nut hugging Animal rights tree lovers, they HATE any and all forms of racing. To openly allow the use of chemicals to treat tires would bring them down on racing, hard. When I first started racing Karts back in the day, treating your tires with chemicals was what everybody did and it wasn't illegal. I finally wised up and just bought a broader selection of tire compounds and gave up any and all treating. The stuff is dangerous to use, even with precautions and who is to say some chuckle head backyard chemist doesn't mix up some stuff on his own and kill himself and a bunch of folks. Then a video of it goes viral, it becomes to the latest touch stone for fake news and DLM racing becomes the latest media pariah. This is what happens when you have limited compound rules, the speeds even out and people start looking for an advantage, tire soaking is cheap in the short run to do but the costs could be insurmountable long term. I'm not saying I think Bobby is guilty or not-guilty, I've made my feelings on WRG known in the past, but I think "open tire" compounds for the elites of the sport makes more sense than lab tests, sniffers and chasing backyard chemists around the pits. This is the next level, let the deep pocket players buy the tires they want to.

a25rjr
06-22-2018, 01:55 PM
I'll give you a good reason NOT to allow reckless off label use of chemicals on tires, the EPA. The EPA and the crazy Nut hugging Animal rights tree lovers, they HATE any and all forms of racing. To openly allow the use of chemicals to treat tires would bring them down on racing, hard. When I first started racing Karts back in the day, treating your tires with chemicals was what everybody did and it wasn't illegal. I finally wised up and just bought a broader selection of tire compounds and gave up any and all treating. The stuff is dangerous to use, even with precautions and who is to say some chuckle head backyard chemist doesn't mix up some stuff on his own and kill himself and a bunch of folks. Then a video of it goes viral, it becomes to the latest touch stone for fake news and DLM racing becomes the latest media pariah. This is what happens when you have limited compound rules, the speeds even out and people start looking for an advantage, tire soaking is cheap in the short run to do but the costs could be insurmountable long term. I'm not saying I think Bobby is guilty or not-guilty, I've made my feelings on WRG known in the past, but I think "open tire" compounds for the elites of the sport makes more sense than lab tests, sniffers and chasing backyard chemists around the pits. This is the next level, let the deep pocket players buy the tires they want to.

Hey hey hey......ima backWOODS chemist! I got some home brew that will turn a Hoosier into black soup! :)

chupp n bloomer fan
06-22-2018, 02:24 PM
If you wanna huff the stuff BBQ, go right ahead. But to answer your question, no they are not. Read the labels on that stuff.

While I agree on tires it’s mostly Hoosier probably, none of that treatment stuff is good for ya either

Most preps ingredients are paint related.

There's a lot of people that use these products every day in various occupations, and few suffer any serious consequenses.

So the argument is, and yes I agree, they are mostly the same chemicals in paint products, that those people use the stuff everyday and are perfectly fine. You’re correct, those using paint booths, and proper PPE are probably fine. Those saying screw it, and just going with it, stand a darn good chance of not. Two wrongs doesn’t make a right, doesn’t make one thing ok, because some painter does it.

If I don’t have a full face respirator and good rubber gloves, I’m not touching the crap. My Dad used the stuff in the late 70’s-early 80’s, I’ll pass.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-22-2018, 02:25 PM
Painters aren’t usually walking health nuts anyway. They look like masons, bricklayers.

Barbecueboy
06-22-2018, 03:58 PM
I totally agree with the last 4 posts, doesn't take away from the fact that we all know that's not the primary reason the series and tire company doesn't want them to do it.........the whole , " it's for your own good" argument is weak as ketchup soup.

It's for somebody's good, and it isn't the racers.

Barbecueboy
06-22-2018, 04:00 PM
And c and b.......health nuts, in racing??

Sure there are a few, but have you looks around the pits lately,lol?

Barbecueboy
06-22-2018, 04:08 PM

The epa is more corrupt and on the take from lobby and special interest than almost any governmental agency out there.......

There are a wide array of answers that can do away with the tire debacle and all of them don't revolve around prep or testing.......testing is the easy way out and takes virtually no thought and falls under the " hey , that's the way we always done it" mentality.

Open non monopolistic competition between the tire companies, open compounds, series issued tires just to name a few......nobody wants to address that because it's hard.

a25rjr
06-22-2018, 05:28 PM
So the argument is, and yes I agree, they are mostly the same chemicals in paint products, that those people use the stuff everyday and are perfectly fine. You’re correct, those using paint booths, and proper PPE are probably fine. Those saying screw it, and just going with it, stand a darn good chance of not. Two wrongs doesn’t make a right, doesn’t make one thing ok, because some painter does it.

If I don’t have a full face respirator and good rubber gloves, I’m not touching the crap. My Dad used the stuff in the late 70’s-early 80’s, I’ll pass.

Heres the variable that the public doesn't know about. Since I have been in the chemical business for 30 plus years I'll share it with every one.

The active ingredients in most chemicals are only made by a select few companies. They then re-sell it to various retailers who package it and most often sell it at a weaker concentration. The company whose name appears on the label dictates what safety equipment must be used(the PPE section on the label). What is funny, they put on the label what they wish, sometimes 180 degree different than the manufacturer.

It is your/mine responsibility to follow that label.We can be fined heavily if we misuse the product in any way. If you notice, tone of the first lines on any label states...." It is a Federal violation that you must follow this labels directions".

This is why you can't put much weight in what these resellers tell you. The biggest thing, is to use them with gloves and in a well ventilated area.

Clayton_Wetter
06-22-2018, 08:00 PM
What if some sneaky pit lizard threw a cup of tire dope on somebodies tire after the race. That would be pretty low down.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-22-2018, 08:10 PM
What if some sneaky pit lizard threw a cup of tire dope on somebodies tire after the race. That would be pretty low down.

You have done that havent you.

Clayton_Wetter
06-22-2018, 08:14 PM
I rarely go to the pits SS, just pointing out the possibilities.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-22-2018, 08:18 PM
I rarely go to the pits SS, just pointing out the possibilities.

Being the pit lizard you are and not go in the pits. You stand at gate and drool dont you. JK

Clayton_Wetter
06-22-2018, 08:40 PM
Being the pit lizard you are and not go in the pits. You stand at gate and drool dont you. JK

You remind me of that guy that drags that stick across the lions cage bars, not knowing the door is about to come open!!!! hahahahaaha

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-22-2018, 08:52 PM
Hee hee hee hee 😂🤣🦁🦁🦁

Necrosis
06-22-2018, 09:14 PM
Sorry to skew the view here, but nearly none of the better preps use any aromatic solvents anymore (benzene, toluene etc). They have their place in very limited scenarios, but not scenarios you'll see on a national tour.

Barbecueboy
06-22-2018, 09:55 PM
Sorry to skew the view here, but nearly none of the better preps use any aromatic solvents anymore (benzene, toluene etc). They have their place in very limited scenarios, but not scenarios you'll see on a national tour.

Ever hear of the band " talking heads"?

stop making sense, will ya?