PDA

View Full Version : What impact will Scott Bloomquist's absence have on Dirt Late Model racing?

Returning to Dirt
06-23-2018, 08:23 AM
https://insidedirtracing.com/what-impact-will-scott-bloomquists-absence-have-on-dirt-late-model-racing/

Bloomquist failed to appear for a scheduled drug test and indicated he may have surgery

CageFaraday
06-23-2018, 08:46 AM
Moyer has a better shot at another Globe.

Josh Bayko
06-23-2018, 08:49 AM
Davenport will win the Lucas title handily. That’s really about all that will be impacted.

Kwd1253
06-23-2018, 09:05 AM
Depending on who going be behind the wheel. The right driver and him crew chief could make it a long season for some. Might turn into like jd and rumley or Jimmy and Fox show with the right driver.

Zonks32x
06-23-2018, 09:26 AM
None....

Your local/weekly track will still draw the same amount of fans.

Your regional series will be unaffected.

WoO will be unaffected. I highly doubt any fans at Lernerville drove home today b/c the 0 is no longer there.

Same will be true for Cedar Lake, World Finals, etc. The races will be run at packed houses, and the checks will be given away.

Eldora will be unaffected. They've already ran the World without him before...the show will go on, and they will make plenty of bank.

And...I highly doubt Lucas sees any downturn. They have plenty of "star" power plus their TV deal, and they know that fans are still going to show up to the racetrack.

The only one getting hurt by this is team zero. It's sad and unfortunate, and definitely not a situation to celebrate or gloat over.

fryefan
06-23-2018, 09:37 AM
A lot less drama.

Hopefully, he gets into rehab and gets help with what has been a problem (drugs) for him for several years.

bleedsbluer2
06-23-2018, 11:00 AM
Its going to hurt the sport in differant ways alot of people really do go just to watch scott win or loose its bad for w.r.g they just got a really bad name for themselves after the bobby pierce deal and now the bloomer deal alot of people race fans care less about w.o.o series anyway lucas oil series will see a decline in tickets the truth is if bloomer isnt at the big races its really not worth the ticket price because watching him is worth half the admission the only person the to get a good out come from this is davenport winning lucas title easy like last time if bloomer isnt at the world 100 our group will sit home that weekend and eldora will sell alot less tickets

turnleftandgasit
06-23-2018, 11:12 AM
While some won't go to the World 100 without Bloomquist there, I am seeing it as the perfect time for me to go for the first time.

a25rjr
06-23-2018, 11:16 AM
Moyer has a better shot at another Globe.

The only shot he'll enjoy at Eldora is.....bourbon or tequila! :)

Planetzer0
06-23-2018, 11:22 AM
A lot less drama.

Hopefully, he gets into rehab and gets help with what has been a problem (drugs) for him for several years.

From a fan with no knowledge of the situation.

TDRacin®
06-23-2018, 11:25 AM
Its going to hurt the sport in differant ways alot of people really do go just to watch scott win or loose its bad for w.r.g they just got a really bad name for themselves after the bobby pierce deal and now the bloomer deal alot of people race fans care less about w.o.o series anyway lucas oil series will see a decline in tickets the truth is if bloomer isnt at the big races its really not worth the ticket price because watching him is worth half the admission the only person the to get a good out come from this is davenport winning lucas title easy like last time if bloomer isnt at the world 100 our group will sit home that weekend and eldora will sell alot less tickets

Interesting you say that since Eldora was unaffected the last time Bloomer wasn't there, along with several other drivers.

Krooser
06-23-2018, 11:26 AM
No change... not everyone lives and dies by what one driver does on the tour.

Josh Bayko
06-23-2018, 11:28 AM

Lol. This is one of the biggest loads of pure b.s. that’s ever been posted in 4M.

Planetzer0
06-23-2018, 11:47 AM
yeah thats B.S. No way Bloomquist adds fans to the stands. Theres no way that happens at all. LOL

Mindwalker
06-23-2018, 11:54 AM
Lucas will see less in the stands is a given believe it or not. I bet a few tracks cancel. Hows that?

bullring
06-23-2018, 11:56 AM
Shouldn't have any impact at all. Much like the loss of Dale Sr. didn't impact Nascar.

Mindwalker
06-23-2018, 11:57 AM
JD got a gift! Ain't no doubt about that 😜

CornSmoker
06-23-2018, 12:00 PM
ZERO !!! It will effect the sport ZERO !!!

a25rjr
06-23-2018, 12:03 PM
ZERO !!! It will effect the sport ZERO !!!

Is Pole.....your brother? :)

Mindwalker
06-23-2018, 12:08 PM
Well said and true.

Mindwalker
06-23-2018, 12:13 PM
Maaaaaan.... Lol, you all are going to pretty dam suprised at the outcome of this..... Some of ya ain't gonna like it one darn bit 😉

t3r3e3
06-23-2018, 12:38 PM
Shouldn't have any impact at all. Much like the loss of Dale Sr. didn't impact Nascar.

NA$CAR got screwed when Bill Jr handed over the reins to Don Jr. errrrr... Brian. Brian has destroyed everything his grandad and dad built.

Tireguy17
06-23-2018, 12:54 PM
I hate that this happened for so many reasons. He needs to get healthy, both physically and “mentally”. Kick whatever habit he has because racing is better with him. Every sport needs a villain. I’m a fan of his for his abilities, but the controversy the last few weeks is a black eye for him. It takes some wind out of the sails knowing I won’t get to watch him at the Jackson/I-80 road trip and then USA Nationals. Just hope he gets better.

bleedsbluer2
06-23-2018, 01:24 PM
Fuc u josh bayko u must be a w.o.o boy nut hugger u fag

Swampy121
06-23-2018, 01:59 PM

WRG has already pissed off Bloomer's and Pierce's fans. Who's next? JD's and Richard's?

BTExpress
06-23-2018, 03:34 PM
I sit back and chuckle watching all negative comments bashing WRG on this board depending on whether they are Bloomquist or Pierce fans......and the spin to go along with it is unbelievable. My father had a saying. "you see what you want to see, and you can iterprid what you see anyway you want"

Mams
06-23-2018, 03:46 PM
For me his absence will have zero impact. Zilch. Nada. I will still go to the same races l always go to with same people l always go with, drink lots of beer like l always do, etc.

Clayton_Wetter
06-23-2018, 03:52 PM
Fuc u josh bayko u must be a w.o.o boy nut hugger u fag

He's just a devout anti fan of Bloomquist with 100% biased comments, that's all. As a few others are also. They assume the worst intentionally. Maybe there is more to it than shoulder trouble and maybe not. But don't try to tell them that.

Kwd1253
06-23-2018, 03:54 PM
I heard that 2000 rockets, 1500 Longhorn, 1200 black Diamond, 20 platinum, 2 cj, 1 Moyer Victory chassis got put on order today. Since Bloomquist out everyone feels they can will some money now lol

TS FAN
06-23-2018, 04:05 PM
He's just a devout anti fan of Bloomquist with 100% biased comments, that's all. As a few others are also. They assume the worst intentionally. Maybe there is more to it than shoulder trouble and maybe not. But don't try to tell them that.

Clayton this post is to you and not to start trouble. I just wonder if he was taking something to deal with the shoulder pain that might have not past a drug test? To me it makes more sense than not being able to pee. He will be missed, but i am sure he will come back and continue his dominance.

gumby_32d
06-23-2018, 04:15 PM
I hope he gets better myself. I think there is more to this story. Maybe there will be some statement released. Hardcore drug problem, I highly doubt it. Addiction to pain killers, possibly. I just don't see someone like dale and Shane McDowell pairing up with someone who has a serious hard drug problem. They appear to be pretty straight laced guys.

Clayton_Wetter
06-23-2018, 04:22 PM
Clayton this post is to you and not to start trouble. I just wonder if he was taking something to deal with the shoulder pain that might have not past a drug test? To me it makes more sense than not being able to pee. He will be missed, but i am sure he will come back and continue his dominance.

That is a possibility TS, time will tell a lot.

TS FAN
06-23-2018, 04:24 PM
Pain killers make it difficult to pee. Just a thought

Clayton_Wetter
06-23-2018, 04:32 PM

There ya go, a legitimate excuse!!!! hahahahahaa

TS FAN
06-23-2018, 04:47 PM
Its true too. I have first hand knowledge

a25rjr
06-23-2018, 04:52 PM

At his age, he could have a swollen prostate!

Josh Bayko
06-23-2018, 05:15 PM

This is true.

3 wide
06-23-2018, 06:06 PM
None now that he is out of the way we can talk about racing.

Illtsate32
06-23-2018, 06:23 PM

And make your nose itch lol...

Kryptonite17
06-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Not a 0 fan, never have been but I hope he comes back and kicks @$$! Say what you want but he is a legend and our sport is better WITH him here. The twilight of his career is here and we need him around as long as possible. If you think Dirt late model racing is struggling now, wait until this guy hangs it up for good...

drano
06-23-2018, 07:52 PM
As far as I see it with Bloomer not there in my eyes it is done who wants to pull for a bunch of rich kids living out there daddy's dreams.

kenee
06-23-2018, 08:36 PM
[

I have been takin Narcotic pain pills for a long time for a Chronic pain condition which I will never ever see relief from. Getting up 2 or 3 times a night to pee is no problem. Never had a problem going.

If Bloomquist does have a serious Rotator Cuff surgery, he will be out for quite a while. Just ask Garry Satterlee. I understand he recently had that surgery.