PDA

View Full Version : Does Lucas Oil Series drug test?

World100
06-23-2018, 10:50 AM
Just curious why they don’t?

turnleftandgasit
06-23-2018, 10:55 AM
No driver or crew member may be under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other controlled
substances while competing. The Series reserves the right to require drug testing in order to assist its
enforcement of the Series’ no alcohol and no drug policy. Decisions on drug testing and disciplinary
action (which may include, but is not limited to immediate ejection from a track, a fine of $500.00, a
90-day suspension, and/or a denial of further entry to Lucas Oil I-10 Race Promotions, Inc. sanctioned
events) is at the sole discretion of the Series.

World100
06-23-2018, 10:56 AM
Thanks for that...I guess they don’t do random testing them. That’s what I assumed but wasn’t sure

turnleftandgasit
06-23-2018, 10:57 AM
That is all I found in their 2018 rules book. It was highlighted in red

World100
06-23-2018, 01:36 PM
From the surface; it appears they want to keep their big name talent from getting tested.

Illtsate32
06-23-2018, 01:38 PM
Anybody can be randomly tested at any time, they just dont do it, at least I haven't heard of any...

Barbecueboy
06-23-2018, 01:58 PM
If the series ( both of them) were sincere about the drug policy and wanted to do the right thing like they claim in the name of safety, they would and should do random testing on drivers, crew and anyone that is working on the teams behalf.

Including themselves as officials , track workers,owners, and promoters.

But they won't, because they are afraid of what they would find.

Like the tire rule, whole thing is a smoke and mirrors dog and pony show.

Mindwalker
06-23-2018, 02:19 PM
Does WRG drug test? Ha

Mindwalker
06-23-2018, 02:22 PM
Does 4m drug test? 😇

Mams
06-23-2018, 02:54 PM
So in other words Lucas Oil doesn’t test for drugs.

Mindwalker
06-23-2018, 03:01 PM
Of course not! Why would Bloomer even show up if thay did? Smh hahahaha

CageFaraday
06-23-2018, 03:39 PM
WRG/WoO doesn't do random testing either. Its targeted as shown by the current situation where they told a racer they were coming for him at Lernerville. That ain't random... Its a tool they can use to manipulate things, like tire testing.

Clayton_Wetter
06-23-2018, 04:44 PM
If the series ( both of them) were sincere about the drug policy and wanted to do the right thing like they claim in the name of safety, they would and should do random testing on drivers, crew and anyone that is working on the teams behalf.

Too many would get caught then.

Josh Bayko
06-23-2018, 05:16 PM

And the sanctions would honor each other’s suspensions, too.

a25rjr
06-23-2018, 05:25 PM
Does 4m drug test? 

It would be like...when I asked the same question to a Waffle House district manager. He said heck no, they would lose 90% of their workforce! lol

racer41
06-23-2018, 06:17 PM
I say he would refuse. One that why he putting. some one and his car for he can do drug rehab

purvis
06-23-2018, 06:40 PM
Yes Lucas does drug testing. It's multiple choice and they give you an hour to study before the test is given.

Barbecueboy
06-23-2018, 08:24 PM
Too many would get caught then.

Like I said......they would be afraid of what they would find.....everywhere, including their own camps.

But it's all in the name of safety right???

Selective safety that is...........bunch of dam hypocrites.

Stefan2k4
06-23-2018, 08:44 PM
Including themselves as officials , track workers,owners, and promoters. I can see testing drivers, crew members, and maybe officials and track workers, by why on earth would you want to test owners and promoters? That would be like doing tire treatment testing on haulers and the cars of fans out in the parking lot. Maybe next you'll suggest that every fan who come through the gate should have to pee in a cup before their ticket gets punched.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-23-2018, 08:47 PM
They didnt have any trouble honoring rules on rumley

Stefan2k4
06-23-2018, 08:53 PM
One issue with drug testing is privacy. Anybody remember Tim Richmond and what drug testing did to him? The drug testing revealed that he was HIV positive and undergoing treatment for it. It also gave Nascar an excuse to discriminate against him and kick him out unjustly. The drug he tested positive for was an over the counter medication (Psuedoephederine) and in no way made him a hazard. However, it did force him to reveal his terminal illness to the public at a time when people with HIV were view in a very negative way by society.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-23-2018, 08:59 PM
They didnt have any trouble honoring rules on rumleyLol. No. The Outlaws had most of the LR rules etc before Lucas did. And then they finally got together, and made them the same. Can you imagine the top two series having different chassis rules? There isn’t enough cars now at times, let alone separate rule books for each.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-23-2018, 08:59 PM
One issue with drug testing is privacy. Anybody remember Tim Richmond and what drug testing did to him? The drug testing revealed that he was HIV positive and undergoing treatment for it. It also gave Nascar an excuse to discriminate against him and kick him out unjustly. The drug he tested positive for was an over the counter medication (Psuedoephederine) and in no way made him a hazard. However, it did force him to reveal his terminal illness to the public at a time when people with HIV were view in a very negative way by society.Read his book, what they did was disgraceful, ignorant, hateful BS.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-23-2018, 09:06 PM
I do not say this because of Bloomer, I’ve said this since WRG started it. It’s a total waste of money. Drugs are not an issue in racing. If there is a bunch of guys driving wreckless, flying off the handle, being headcases, then yes, get to testing. But when it’s really a next level, insurance, make us look professional stunt, just pointless.

Put the money in purses, concentrate on getting the purses up, not on something that is, has been, and will be, a non issue.

For now, and I don’t see it changing, WRG tests, so is what it is. Does anybody think Lucas is a worse series, that they have crappier drivers because they aren’t “random testing”? Precisely, useless, waste of time and money. One more thing to worry about as an official, etc.

Stefan2k4
06-23-2018, 09:20 PM
The real story with drugs and racing, is not an issue of racers doing drugs. I'm not saying there aren't racers doing drugs, because I'm sure there probably are. However, the real dirty little secret, is how racing is sometimes used as a money laundering scheme. The individuals who may be involved in that kind of activity, you're not going to identify with drug testing as they often don't touch the stuff themselves.

Bubstr
06-23-2018, 11:06 PM
Does 4m drug test? 

I'd volunteer to test a few that I don't have in my pill box right now.

Hoosier
06-23-2018, 11:30 PM
They found drugs in the driver involved in the Tony Stewart accident. Drugs are everywhere.

getinit
06-23-2018, 11:42 PM
Of course not! Why would Bloomer even show up if thay did? Smh hahahaha

He doesn't have a problem showing up, it's when he's called for a piss test he can't piss and next thing you know he disappears. It's not exactly David Copperfield stuff. lol

Krooser
06-24-2018, 05:56 AM
The REAL testing should be on Lucas Oil TV viewers...

a25rjr
06-24-2018, 07:46 AM
The REAL testing should be on Lucas Oil TV viewers...

I would definitely fail because of my scratch-n-sniff computer screen. I have been repeatedly exposed to all those tire prep chemicals! :)