PDA

View Full Version : Runaway tractor at racetrack

smoothoperator32
06-23-2018, 11:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdtuHaozkEk&feature=youtu.be

Chris Thomason
06-23-2018, 11:46 AM
Got a good laugh outta that. Ive been on a fair share of farm tractors and they all had a fuel handle. Surely this one did too. Not sure I understand attacking it with a backhoe... Maybe afraid they'd get ran over running up beside it

Cardirt0
06-23-2018, 12:25 PM
Glad no one got hurt . But thats Funny.

Swampy121
06-23-2018, 02:06 PM
It juking out the backhoe at the end had me rolling 😂

AllenK
06-23-2018, 10:43 PM
The poor fellow driving the tractor lost his foot in this incident! He got knocked off the tractor when it collided with another vehicle on the track. Sounds like they were working the track after a rain. Got hung up in the roto-tiller!

He sounds like a great guy,and a passionate dirt track fan!

https://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/index.ssf/2018/06/man_stays_humorous_after_losin.html

There is a GoFundMe link in the Youtube video description...

Krooser
06-24-2018, 06:07 AM
At least the tractor was smart enough to know that the track needed some farming...too bad the water truck didn't join in..

chupp n bloomer fan
06-24-2018, 06:41 AM
Standing by the fence with a tractor on the loose, announcer hit the nail on the head with his tone there. Guy on the backhoe did a good job.

Sorry to hear the tractor operator was injured.

NormP
06-24-2018, 09:02 AM
I like how it takes over 1 minute after the thing gets loose before the chick on the PA was telling the drivers to move their cars.

What the announcer should have done was start calling a play by play--"And the tractor hits the turn 4 wall but looks like he'll be able to keep it going, he's running that high line down the front stretch but looks like he's dipping down low for turns 1 and 2. Oh look out! The backhoe just tried to intentionally take him out. Must be some bad blood between those two...luckily he was able to keep it straight. Doesn't look like any of his tires are down. Hey crowd, let's hear it for this racing action tonight!! This is why we call it the action track!!"

Bob Hubbard
06-24-2018, 09:05 AM
Seems like with all the saftey belts / air bags etc that this shouldn't happen ........

Highside Hustler25
06-24-2018, 09:19 AM
Maximum Overdrive:D

chupp n bloomer fan
06-24-2018, 10:11 AM
Maximum Overdrive:DOne of my favorite movies. The AC/DC soundtrack too:).

Mindwalker
06-24-2018, 11:30 AM
What really knocked me out was the cheap sunglasses.

MI Dirt Fan
06-24-2018, 11:36 AM
I like how it takes over 1 minute after the thing gets loose before the chick on the PA was telling the drivers to move their cars.

What the announcer should have done was start calling a play by play--"And the tractor hits the turn 4 wall but looks like he'll be able to keep it going, he's running that high line down the front stretch but looks like he's dipping down low for turns 1 and 2. Oh look out! The backhoe just tried to intentionally take him out. Must be some bad blood between those two...luckily he was able to keep it straight. Doesn't look like any of his tires are down. Hey crowd, let's hear it for this racing action tonight!! This is why we call it the action track!!"
#1 It's not a "chick" on the p.a. His name is Roger Williams. He is a long time announcer.

And #2 someone was very serious injured in this losing thier foot.

Not finding some of the comments very amusing. This could have been much much worse.

Mindwalker
06-24-2018, 11:43 AM
Sounded like a chick.

a25rjr
06-24-2018, 12:56 PM
[QUOTE=NormP;2194544]

What the announcer should have done was start calling a play by play--"And the tractor hits the turn 4 wall but looks like he'll be able to keep it going, he's running that high line down the front stretch but looks like he's dipping down low for turns 1 and 2. Oh look out!

Sounds like the driver of that 32 musta been behind the wheel.....oh wait! :)

Clayton_Wetter
06-24-2018, 09:18 PM
Maximum Overdrive:D

You made me laugh!!!! :):)

NormP
06-24-2018, 09:23 PM
#1 It's not a "chick" on the p.a. His name is Roger Williams. He is a long time announcer.

And #2 someone was very serious injured in this losing thier foot.

Not finding some of the comments very amusing. This could have been much much worse.

#1 Sure as hell sounded like a woman to me.

And #2 what does someone losing their foot have to do with the announcer?

Lighten up Francis. People get hurt every day.

gjohnston
06-25-2018, 12:10 AM
Since there was a serious injury involved it does deflate the humorous aspect of this....that said, if no one was injured I'd go to work and set that clip to music. The theme from Benny Hill would be perfect.

Mams
06-28-2018, 01:28 PM
The guy actually lost his leg below the knee per DOD. Evidently operating a rotoriller & his leg got under it when he fell off tractor.

samgood
02-04-2023, 12:53 AM
I can't see anything in the start topic, was there a video? Talking about tractors in general, recently I was given a tractor supply phone number (https://tractor-supply.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html) :D I am just wondering, did anybody hear something about this company?

Raceready
02-04-2023, 09:00 AM
[QUOTE=NormP;2194544]What the announcer should have done was start calling a play by play--"And the tractor hits the turn 4 wall but looks like he'll be able to keep it going, he's running that high line down the front stretch but looks like he's dipping down low for turns 1 and 2. Oh look out!Sounds like the driver of that 32 musta been behind the wheel.....oh wait! :)Had you been sure about that ? I heard that it was the beat up car of #1 of Tyler Erb ? ?

84wedge
02-04-2023, 07:03 PM
I heard Mark Richards has one sitting on the jig trying to figure out its secrets.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-04-2023, 08:01 PM
Was looking at the members that posted to this thread as it being almost 5 yrs old and there's 4 banned members lol

Raceready
02-05-2023, 05:05 PM
I heard Mark Richards has one sitting on the jig trying to figure out its secrets.Maybe because that unit passed the flag stand in 1st place ??