PDA

View Full Version : Barry Wight Race Cars

BTExpress
06-23-2018, 11:17 PM
Does Madden's recent success on a national tour result in more new chassis sales for Barry's ICON chassis?

Planetzer0
06-23-2018, 11:31 PM
No I wouldn't think so. I think it shows how under valued Chris Madden has been for several years. I've been around him alot and he's got a great mind set on how to make the car go faster.

Josh Bayko
06-24-2018, 12:00 AM
I would think it’ll sell a few cars, but nothing substantial.

CageFaraday
06-24-2018, 12:14 PM
Yes, Win on Saturday, Sell on Monday. When Madden went with Longhorn a lot of guys locally followed suit and switched because he's one of the bigger talents in our area. While he was with Team Zero it wasn't a path most could follow, but what he does effects things at least locally and what choices he makes matters. The longer he stays with BWRC and the more success people see him having means many will come home to BWRC. Now on the national level its hard to say, but if he keeps knocking down wins, especially crown jewels you'll see more of those dissatisfied with their current mount give BWRC a look. Now if another touring driver makes the switch then you'll see sales pick up momentum, especially if the out perform as well. Madden is a super talent, another driver I've watched climb up from karts, like Davenport did. Madden is different from Davenport, I'd say more evenly balanced between bravery and skill than JD, where as JD is more of a, "When in doubt stand on it" kinda driver, Madden is more cerebral in his approach.

a25rjr
06-24-2018, 12:29 PM
It appears Barely Right has gottem 100% Wright. Congrats to him and Chris!

I thought Barry Wight was the black r&b singer.....no? :)

BTExpress
06-24-2018, 01:49 PM
A25 you are "Wright".......Fixed

No_Weak_Links
06-24-2018, 02:18 PM
I would bet you are all wrong....I bet they sell lots of cars.

a25rjr
06-24-2018, 03:44 PM
A25 you are "Wright".......Fixed

Thx...I thought you were talking about Barry White, the singer. In the 80s,his eight track tape was the one to play, when you were out on a date! lol

Slinging
06-24-2018, 04:43 PM
Looks like that "BARELY WRIGHT" is barely catchable

Hoosier_Dirt
06-24-2018, 04:57 PM
I still say one chassis is as good as another. Shocks and tires are the key.

dalemcfan
06-24-2018, 06:29 PM
I'm glad to see that Clements power running up front too. Also the Cornett in Marlar's car. Proves you dont have to have an Andy Durham in the monkey see, monkey do world.

BTExpress
06-24-2018, 06:46 PM
I know a lot of folks on this board think you need a Durham engine to win Crown Jewel races, but I think Clements, Cornett, Pro Power and I'd even throw in Vic Hill & Jay Di*kens all build competitive engines that compete for wins all across the country on a weekly basis.

SHOE32
06-24-2018, 07:07 PM
Tyler Millwood has shown speed in his Icon.

BTExpress
06-24-2018, 07:12 PM
So has Trever Feathers in the Mid Atlantic region

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-24-2018, 07:55 PM
I still say one chassis is as good as another. Shocks and tires are the key.

Those are pretty much the same too.

Dante Toledo, OH
06-25-2018, 09:52 AM
A couple guys have them in northwest Ohio. But I am not sure if they are the newest ones.

Kromulous
06-25-2018, 12:49 PM
One chassis is not just as good as another, that is insanity. Its just a pile of tubes welded together, thats true, but the knowledge of that process etc is where the gold is.

I like seeing Barry back up front, SLM will be dry and boring if you don't have several cars able to win on any given night.

Same with Engines, hopefully Clements has a Durham answer.

Krooser
06-25-2018, 02:17 PM
I'm glad to see that Clements power running up front too. Also the Cornett in Marlar's car. Proves you dont have to have an Andy Durham in the monkey see, monkey do world.

And you don't need a Chevy in this monkey see - monkey do world.

a25rjr
06-25-2018, 04:32 PM
And you don't need a Chevy in this monket see - monkey do world.

Easy there, youre steppin on some toes! lol

Chevy for once is in the minority trying to compete with those Andy Durham Fords!

fwiw....Since you're rebuilding an old M'bilt, you just gotta put "Barely Right" on the spoiler! :)

AllenK
06-25-2018, 06:21 PM

Chevy for once is in the minority trying to compete with those Andy Durham Fords!

fwiw....Since you're rebuilding an old M'bilt, you just gotta put "Barely Right" on the spoiler! :)

It tickles me to see a non Rocket and a Chevy engine doing so well. Clements definitely has it going on right now.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-25-2018, 06:26 PM
Clements always had it going on. Barry has used clements before and has had success w them.

Krooser
06-25-2018, 06:45 PM

Might work seeing how I'll be running a Slant 6 under the hood... Barely Right In The Head might be more appropriate... especially since Blackie will be my crew chief.

AllenK
06-25-2018, 06:50 PM
Clements always had it going on. Barry has used clements before and has had success w them.

Yes,but this year seems to be exceptionally good.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-25-2018, 06:56 PM
Yes,but this year seems to be exceptionally good.

I think cuz more are using them

AllenK
06-25-2018, 06:59 PM
Might work seeing how I'll be running a Slant 6 under the hood... Barely Right In The Head might be more appropriate... especially since Blackie will be my crew chief.

You need that.for endurance racing!

Krooser
06-25-2018, 09:23 PM
You need that.for endurance racing!

Those Hillside Hemis were pretty tough...

Chadly329
06-26-2018, 07:07 AM
I'm sure you all will correct me if I'm wrong here, but I heard Madden bought in to BWRC and now they are using a similar design to the Longhorn Chassis,like what he was running prior. This could be total BS though.

CageFaraday
06-26-2018, 08:33 AM
I'm sure you all will correct me if I'm wrong here, but I heard Madden bought in to BWRC and now they are using a similar design to the Longhorn Chassis,like what he was running prior. This could be total BS though.

Yes, you are correct, that is total BS.

PRCKartRacer9
06-26-2018, 08:38 AM
No chit. That's just people trying to take credit away from him as a driver. Dude flat out flies and is very professional in the manner in which he does it