PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Unzicker has dropped off the Hell Tour.

Shiny Side Up 18
06-24-2018, 04:07 PM
Per his FB page.

Shiny Side Up 18
06-24-2018, 04:08 PM
"FALS finish was 8th last night had a good car just used up my RR on cushion. With that being said I have decided not to go to Haubstadt IN for tonight’s race. We will not be running the rest of the Hell Tour but we will be back in action at about 5 more SN races. My sponsors crew and family needs to be thanked for putting in the hard effort it took to try and win the points. This decision was based on what was right for my team financially. Thank you so much to all my followers. 🏁 we will come back strong"

HoosierDirtFan
06-24-2018, 04:13 PM
Looks like it's Babbs championship to lose now. unless Shirley and or Schlenk can roll off a few wins to get into contention. Maybe Moyer sticks it out and runs the entire tour.

Kwd1253
06-24-2018, 04:36 PM
I don't understand some of the hell tour reasoning at times.. they put 10k shows in the middle of the tour. You get big names to come cherry pick and screw up the point system. The big names drop off and come back next week for next big money show or go back to woo or lucas tour. Then you have woo/summer nationals next week. Yes, great for the fans but not great for the small teams trying chase the summer nationals. I see why guys like Ryan drop off the tour.

thexfactor0210
06-24-2018, 04:50 PM
I dont understand why Ryan dropped off the tour. He was not that far behind in points. If Moyer dropped off and Babb has one bad night he is right back in the thing. Just wish he would have at least raced up until the WoO race at Terre Haute

Hoosier_Dirt
06-24-2018, 04:58 PM
He said earlier he may drop off the tour.

jr29
06-24-2018, 05:19 PM
I don't understand some of the hell tour reasoning at times.. they put 10k shows in the middle of the tour. You get big names to come cherry pick and screw up the point system. The big names drop off and come back next week for next big money show or go back to woo or lucas tour. Then you have woo/summer nationals next week. Yes, great for the fans but not great for the small teams trying chase the summer nationals. I see why guys like Ryan drop off the tour.

The 10k to win races are on weekends, not in the middle of the tour.
And bigger, national touring drivers don't screw up the points because they are in and out. The Summer Nats drivers are still competing in the points with one another.

Highside Hustler25
06-24-2018, 07:25 PM
The 10k to win races are on weekends, not in the middle of the tour.
And bigger, national touring drivers don't screw up the points because they are in and out. The Summer Nats drivers are still competing in the points with one another.

Correct. Your current points, considering Moyer goes home, which he always does, leaves it at...

Babb
Shirley
Unzicker
Feger
Schlenk

If Babb was to have some bad luck, the points could tighten up very easily.

HoosierDirtFan
06-24-2018, 07:28 PM
At this point unless Moyer stays on tour I think this year it may be Babb's championship to lose.

ride height
06-24-2018, 09:43 PM
I dont know how anybody does any of this anymore. Good lord above, the costs of big boy super late models is just ridiculous. 10k to win. Sounds like a bunch doesnt it? Thats nothing compared to whats needed to race at this level. The winnings are decades behind compared to the outflow of cash.

mcarter815
06-24-2018, 10:20 PM
That $10k to the winner. What does it pay to start?

ThebigE
06-25-2018, 08:33 AM
What's the break down? $10,000 to the winner but how much does it fall off after that.

Josh Bayko
06-25-2018, 08:43 AM
Back when the Summernationals was 10-12 races, they’d get plenty of followers. It’s way too bloated these days. Most of the teams that the Summernationals were designed for aren’t professional. They are teams with drivers and crews that have full time jobs, and the overwhelming majority of full time jobs don’t give you a month+ of vacation time so you can go racing.

Cardirt0
06-25-2018, 08:55 AM
Cost is overwhelming the pay outs. Real world $ucks.

B_K
06-25-2018, 09:02 AM
Needs to be 16-18 races max.

rmrc
06-25-2018, 09:16 AM
Does anybody have any info on Moyer having been caught with an illegal part at Tri-State?

t4g2
06-25-2018, 10:06 AM
With Ryan i know family business is busy and doing well and he feels guilty about the employees doing extra work so hes stepping back to run the business and to help out. You have to RESPECT that.

Shiny Side Up 18
06-25-2018, 01:17 PM
He says he's skipping Terre Haute because it is co-sanctioned with WoO.

TTS_JF
06-25-2018, 01:52 PM
Think about the mod guys that try and run it? The cost cant be worth the reward, unless you went on a tear and picked up a lot of W's.

Shiny Side Up 18
06-25-2018, 03:04 PM
Think about the mod guys that try and run it? The cost cant be worth the reward, unless you went on a tear and picked up a lot of W's.The mod guys don't have to run the whole thing. Their best 8 races are all that's counted.

Hollis
06-25-2018, 03:29 PM
Ryan is a very smart racer. He probably is looking at money down the line at the end of the Nats.Do not know him but I have paid attention how he races.

cgrace
06-25-2018, 05:05 PM
Ryan actually threatens to quit every year since he's never won the SN. Thinking he prefers first at the local tracks and going for the UMP National points since Schlenk is on the tour.

rickybrown1952
06-25-2018, 05:15 PM
Mr. Unzicker usually jumps off the S.N. about this time every year he is without a doubt one of the best Regional drivers around. He also is a opertunist go where he chooses to go or where he pretty well knows he will win some tracks around he won't go to their's too much good competition I-55 is one of them