PDA

View Full Version : Random thought

george w
06-26-2018, 01:02 PM
After watching the spoon highlights an recap, it was nice to see how hard Babb n Shirley ran each other the last 8 laps for five grand without junking one another. It was even more nice to hear their interviews with zero crying about the other person an the respect they showed each other with their comments. Kudos gents

cgrace
06-26-2018, 02:38 PM
After watching the spoon highlights an recap, it was nice to see how hard Babb n Shirley ran each other the last 8 laps for five grand without junking one another. It was even more nice to hear their interviews with zero crying about the other person an the respect they showed each other with their comments. Kudos gentsGood post. Agreed.

PRCKartRacer9
06-26-2018, 02:39 PM
Why did someone say Shirley was missed and lunged at one of Babbs crew?

Shiny Side Up 18
06-26-2018, 03:11 PM
Why did someone say Shirley was missed and lunged at one of Babbs crew?Because that's what I saw happen. Babb's crew guy was in front of Shirley's car as they pulled into the infield after the race. Shirley goosed it and lurched at him. That's when the "number ones" started flying.

Snake X3
06-26-2018, 04:09 PM
Both guys said the right things in the post race interviews with DoD and I'm sure it's water under the bridge. For those that can't watch the DoD interviews, Babb did say something to the effect of Shirley ran him a bit harder than he would like, but it was just hard racing (not a direct quote). Shirley also said similar...that Babb bumped him to take the lead so he was going to run him hard to try to take it back. But again, both guys said all the right things and I'm sure it will be forgotten...until the next time. LOL

chathamracefan
06-26-2018, 04:39 PM
I like both of them so no bias here. They both ran each other hard but not what I would call dirty. A little rubbing but not just running over the other guy. I know it was fun to watch. Between FALS on Saturday & Spoon last night, 2 outstanding nights of racing.

rickybrown1952
06-26-2018, 05:06 PM
That's the kind of racing I love to watch good HARD racing a little bumpin a little rubbin that's racin son

zyoung25
06-27-2018, 12:52 AM
I can see why crew guys get fired up at times, I've been there myself. But they shouldn't approach a driver over something that happened on track, unless you're the car owner of course. Crew member on crew member is understandable. Let the drivers sort out their differences on or off track. That just makes the driver look like he hired a goon if one goes after a driver imo.

I thought they raced hard enough to make it very entertaining. I didn't see anything dirty at all.

TerryM
06-27-2018, 05:07 AM
That's the kind of racing I love to watch good HARD racing a little bumpin a little rubbin that's racin son
Exactly. That's what makes the sport great.