PDA

View Full Version : Clint bowyer racing

jrich2929
07-01-2018, 06:37 AM
When will bowyer pull the plug on club 29 ???

Josh Bayko
07-01-2018, 07:20 AM
Can’t see em doing it while Lanigan is driving for then.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-01-2018, 07:31 AM
Maybe they should do whatever Hudson is doing? Or is he just that good?

In The Gas
07-01-2018, 08:38 AM
Something is strange about this whole situation. Don and Lanigan are out to lunch but Hudson is running for the most part up front. There is no way little O'Neal is better than the two veterans but it really appears to be the case in the current situation.
I say scrap the Club29 and if Lanigan doesn't like it move on.

Kromulous
07-01-2018, 08:48 AM
They need to buy a Longhorn and copy it ! Better yet a Sweet / Bloomquist !

Highside Hustler25
07-01-2018, 08:49 AM
If I was Clint, I'd scrap the two old guys. Put Hudson in one ride, sit lil Moran in the other and be set for years. I've always been a Donnie O fan but lets face it. This is becoming a young guys sport and Don has seen his best days. Lanigan? I'm just not gonna say anything here.
I look at those 3 haulers side by side and have to think Darrel and Don have to be banging their heads against their pit carts trying to figure out what's going on.

Josh Bayko
07-01-2018, 08:52 AM
I could definitely see CBR giving Lanigan the heave ho after this season and going with an O’Neal father/son team next year in whatever cars they want.

Josh Bayko
07-01-2018, 08:54 AM
If I was Clint, I'd scrap the two old guys. Put Hudson in one ride, sit lil Moran in the other and be set for years. I've always been a Donnie O fan but lets face it. This is becoming a young guys sport and Don has seen his best days. Lanigan? I'm just not gonna say anything here.
I look at those 3 haulers side by side and have to think Darrel and Don have to be banging their heads against their pit carts trying to figure out what's going on.

Don O’Neal can still be very fast. CBR is just wildly inconsistent.

kazual
07-01-2018, 09:19 AM
Taking a hint from other businesses but I question their hunger, drivers and crew alike. Have no idea their pay structure but when your paycheck is there regardless it can lead to underperformance.

MI Dirt Fan
07-01-2018, 09:50 AM
So is it more driver or Ownership that is the issue.

hucktyson
07-01-2018, 10:45 AM
O’Neil was blistering fast at last years pittsburgher

CageFaraday
07-01-2018, 10:50 AM
When will bowyer pull the plug on club 29 ???

Perhaps it isn't the C29 that is at fault... I don't even think its the age factor either. Hudson's team is a separate team, located far away from CBR and they have their own help. When BWRC was with CBR it was a similar song, now BWRC is one of the key players in WoO. Whats changed? I think they have some staff issues keeping up the cars and making setup decisions that arent any good. Lanigan is spread to thin to be much more than a driver I think. They've used most of the major brands at one time or another and almost always with inconsistent results. When Francis was just the BWRC house car driver they ran really good, but once they were folded into CBR and another dude became crew chief for him his performance fell off, while Don took home the Lucas title. Davenport had the same issue there, he was an up & coming force in the BWRC housecar, but once he went with CBR and got the same crew chief that Francis got stuck with, performance fell on its face. I don't think the cars are the problem and I'm not a C29 fan.

Madcat
07-01-2018, 11:02 AM

This guy gets it. Always love your post and 99% of the time I agree. This is exactly what makes sense.

nuff said
07-01-2018, 11:22 AM
So is it more driver or Ownership that is the issue.

There have been several good drivers at CBR with very limited results.Take out the championship season for Don and there just isn't much there as far as results.

Hoosier_Dirt
07-01-2018, 11:46 AM
What makes you think Hudson would leave his team now? It's a separate team. I think the crew needs replaced on CBR.

Kromulous
07-01-2018, 11:48 AM
Don Oneal needs to be back in a Mastersbuilt, there new car i believe would be competitive in Lucas. Whether thats with CBR or not i dont know. I believe he is still able to win and be competitive. Also get that MB a Durham Ford and go get some wins.

Josh Bayko
07-01-2018, 01:02 PM
Perhaps it isn't the C29 that is at fault... I don't even think its the age factor either. Hudson's team is a separate team, located far away from CBR and they have their own help. When BWRC was with CBR it was a similar song, now BWRC is one of the key players in WoO. Whats changed? I think they have some staff issues keeping up the cars and making setup decisions that arent any good. Lanigan is spread to thin to be much more than a driver I think. They've used most of the major brands at one time or another and almost always with inconsistent results. When Francis was just the BWRC house car driver they ran really good, but once they were folded into CBR and another dude became crew chief for him his performance fell off, while Don took home the Lucas title. Davenport had the same issue there, he was an up & coming force in the BWRC housecar, but once he went with CBR and got the same crew chief that Francis got stuck with, performance fell on its face. I don't think the cars are the problem and I'm not a C29 fan.

I mean, Don O’Neal did win the Lucas title in a BWRC at CBR.

MI Dirt Fan
07-01-2018, 02:52 PM
Seems as though the drivers would speak up and maybe some changes might happen. But like they say "aslong as the checks clear"

Swampy121
07-01-2018, 03:09 PM

I agree. I don't think the issue is the drivers, it's CBR's mismanagement. If I were Hudson I wouldn't touch that team with a 10 foot pole

Nobody
07-01-2018, 04:15 PM
Hudson has a big change coming up for next year and it doesn't involve CBR. This one no one will see coming.....

keith94elliott
07-01-2018, 04:22 PM
I don't think hud is goin anywhere for awhile. until his car owner loses interest cause hes got plenty of bucks to keep the team goin and the shop is only 15 minutes from huds home.

HoosierDirtFan
07-01-2018, 04:23 PM
Hudson has a big change coming up for next year and it doesn't involve CBR. This one no one will see coming.....

you have some inside information on this?

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-01-2018, 04:28 PM

Dont jinx it!!

dirtcrazy4u
07-01-2018, 04:38 PM
Hudson is not in the same equipment as the CBR team. Don O'Neal can still wheel a car, the pittsburgher proved that. Lanigan and whomever is making some of the calls just can't get the set up. Remember, O'Neal did say after the pittsburgher that they had found something. Well somebody forgot to load it up when the left pittsburgh because it sure has not changed things. HUDSON, goes MIDGET RACING.....

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Hudson is not in the same equipment as the CBR team. Don O'Neal can still wheel a car, the pittsburgher proved that. Lanigan and whomever is making some of the calls just can't get the set up. Remember, O'Neal did say after the pittsburgher that they had found something. Well somebody forgot to load it up when the left pittsburgh because it sure has not changed things. HUDSON, goes MIDGET RACING.....

You are right. They are not in the same equipment. The 71 is a relatively fast c29. That parks with the other ones every week and is related to a driver.

Zonks32x
07-01-2018, 06:21 PM
I missed the part where it became "easy" to win a Lucas Oil feature event.

It's not like D & D are just tail-dragging the field...

Today's game is all about qualifying and finding speed early in the night. Given the talent at the arena, if you start 4th in a 50 lapper, you might get it done. You start 6th, there's a long shot. You start 8th or further back, forget about it...you're gonna need a miracle b/c the chances that the 7+ cars in front of you, crash, get a flat, or miss the setup is slim to none.

It's all about those two laps before the sun goes down. Same problem Erb Jr. has.

Given CBR's track record in Lucas...I don't believe it matters what chassis is in the hauler, or who's driving it, it's gonna be behind the race leader.

Gary
07-01-2018, 07:48 PM

Today's game is all about qualifying and finding speed early in the night.

It's all about those two laps before the sun goes down.

I'll get bashed for this comment, but this is exactly why I hate qualifying. I love how Florence Speedway changed the format for the North/South 100. Jameson came from the back to win his first heat race a few years ago and so did Owens. It might suck for those drivers who'd rather qualify but it's great for the fans. If a driver has a fast car, he'll get to the front.

slmcrewchief99
07-01-2018, 10:04 PM
Nice job tonight Don. Congrats to the CBR BD/Club29 #5.

a25rjr
07-01-2018, 10:06 PM
Nice job tonight Don. Congrats to the CBR BD/Club29 #5.

Yep.....I guess Bowyer can hold on to the "for sale sign" for another week! lol

slmcrewchief99
07-01-2018, 10:18 PM
Yep.....I guess Bowyer can hold on to the "for sale sign" for another week! lol

Exactly.... lol

Krooser
07-02-2018, 06:17 AM
How much testing each team and builder does has got to play into their relative success...

Crossbones
07-02-2018, 09:53 AM

Today's game is all about qualifying and finding speed early in the night. Given the talent at the arena, if you start 4th in a 50 lapper, you might get it done. You start 6th, there's a long shot. You start 8th or further back, forget about it...you're gonna need a miracle b/c the chances that the 7+ cars in front of you, crash, get a flat, or miss the setup is slim to none.

It's all about those two laps before the sun goes down. Same problem Erb Jr. has.

Given CBR's track record in Lucas...I don't believe it matters what chassis is in the hauler, or who's driving it, it's gonna be behind the race leader.

What are you talking about? Several wins this year has come from 8th on back.

Pennsboro23
07-02-2018, 10:26 AM
I hope we don't lose Hudson to the asphalt or open wheel world..

brsteg
07-02-2018, 10:40 AM

USAC National midgets and part time NW sprints. That seems most logical with what I know but maybe not everyone knows or realizes.

Nobody
07-02-2018, 04:52 PM
I can't or won't say, as it's not a done deal yet 100%. But we won't lose him as far as LM's are concerned.

Snake X3
07-02-2018, 07:18 PM
What about Clint switching chassis and drivers and going for Swartz/Jameson/Boggs? LOL

...and yes that's just a joke...it would be pretty cool though to see all three get a big $ deal though.

zyoung25
07-02-2018, 07:45 PM
Back to back. DLM's fastest flattop in top 5 as well. Perhaps all they needed was a thread to be started about them.

huskerdirt
07-02-2018, 07:45 PM
Hey guys, Don ONeal won again.

slmcrewchief99
07-02-2018, 07:54 PM
Yep. They are both washed up and their crew is pathetic. The whole lot of them needs fired. Smh

Nice job again tonight Don. Congrats to you, Burroughs, and the rest of the crew.

Highside Hustler25
07-02-2018, 07:55 PM
Hey guys, Don ONeal won again.

Yeah, I called him a ole fart just a couple days ago. Must a lit a fire under his butt.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-02-2018, 07:57 PM
Did don and hudson switch cars?

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-02-2018, 07:58 PM
The points don't lie. But, hey, they are doing well ATM.

huskerdirt
07-02-2018, 08:02 PM
Yeah, I called him a ole fart just a couple days ago. Must a lit a fire under his butt.

I just get a chuckle out of these threads. Remember the Pierce thread? People ragged on him and then he gets white hot for a bit.

Can we get a Satterlee, Mo Bags, or Ziegler thread going? Lol.

Highside Hustler25
07-02-2018, 08:08 PM
Oh man, Mo Baggs needs a whole page of threads. Just sayin.

a25rjr
07-02-2018, 08:41 PM

He got his Rocket from a buddy of mine. Richards originally told him not to sell to him, but called back and said it was ok....funny

OhioRaceFan
07-02-2018, 08:48 PM
They got something figured out Don is rolling right now!

Josh Bayko
07-02-2018, 09:21 PM

He was fast at the Firecracker.

Highside Hustler25
07-02-2018, 09:36 PM
He was fast at the Firecracker.

One of his best runs all year. Fergy, Larson, and Breazeale (the 3 rookies) are all ahead of him in points.
Nothing against Mobags, just sayin, he's been getting beat up for someone that's been running the tour for a while.

Josh Bayko
07-02-2018, 10:12 PM
One of his best runs all year. Fergy, Larson, and Breazeale (the 3 rookies) are all ahead of him in points.
Nothing against Mobags, just sayin, he's been getting beat up for someone that's been running the tour for a while.

He finally got into a car that doesn’t suck.

Zonks32x
07-03-2018, 01:38 AM
What are you talking about? Several wins this year has come from 8th on back.

Does that say, "wins this year has come"...yet I'm being asked if I know what I'm talking about?

I'm NOT the grammar police of 4m, but if Samuel Jackson were on 4m, he would HAVE ripped you a new @$$.

Several: "An indefinite number more than two and fewer than many."

So....'3 to whatever number you personally believe equals many' wins this year have come from 8th on back.

Twenty-six Lucas races have been completed so far this year. So in that context, what number of races constitutes many? Is it 5? 10? A dozen? More?

Could you please provide us the list of all the Lucas races (50 laps or less) this year where the winner won from 8th on back. It very well could be "several."

Then check the top 7 starters from those races and confirm that all 7 were still running at the end of the race and that NONE of them had mechanicsl/tire issues.

Two races? Three tops? Hardly, a regular occurrence.

I made reference to 50 laps in my original post..because 100 lap races are a different animal. We all know over 100 laps, tire issues/attrition are bound to happen and drivers have the time (laps) to work through the field.

What I was trying to convey in my original post was the fact that the talent is too deep to come from back in the pack unless the guys up front, crash out, or have mechanical/tire issues.

Believe I used the phrase, "need a miracle." You could also call it, catch a break, need racing luck (or bad racing luck for the top 7), whatever you want to call it.

You can't start 8th or further back on a national touring level and win on a regular basis. I will 100% stand behind that statement. You may feel free to disagree with that premise to your heart's content.

Look at the points and look at where a driver's average starting position is and you'll see who's on top and why.

Don won the last two nights, starting from the outside of row 1 and the inside of row 2.

Lanigan started 7th and finished 21st and 11th and finished 5th.

I know what I'm talkin' about Willis!!

CageFaraday
07-03-2018, 10:30 AM
I agree. I don't think the issue is the drivers, it's CBR's mismanagement. If I were Hudson I wouldn't touch that team with a 10 foot pole

I came to the same conclusion 3-4 years ago, I won't say the guys name, but he took 2 proven drivers in a proven chassis and made them both look like non-drivers. I think he pre-maturally derailed Francis career and killed his confidence, from which he never recovered. Luckily JD had Rumley, Francis was not so lucky. Now we have people righting off Don O'neal(Lucas Oil Champion) and Darell Lannigan(WoO Champion) as too old and not competitive and only a few years removed from that success. The issue is obvious to me, internal to CBR. Hudson, stay away.

a25rjr
07-03-2018, 12:29 PM
I think starting a house car deal is starting to pay off.

Two wins, three cars in the top 7 last nite!

lazyifoto
07-05-2018, 02:32 AM
Let me guess. ? A truck ride.....and I don't mean J.B. Hunt or Swift.

CageFaraday
07-05-2018, 12:19 PM
Let me guess. ? A truck ride.....and I don't mean J.B. Hunt or Swift.

Real Deal is rolling now, but I still hope Hudson stays away from CBR. JB Hunt joke pretty funny!