PDA

View Full Version : Do you like the no fault rule?

MMLLC
07-05-2018, 08:55 AM
I know that it keeps the track/series from having to make decision on whose fault it is, however, it doesn't hold drivers accountable for their actions. What is your stance on the no fault rule? Do you like it? Should it change?

BloomerHarvickFan
07-05-2018, 09:04 AM
There's always a way to hold drivers accountable for their actions. You can have a general no fault rule, meaning if during the racing, you spin, you go to the back.....but then the officials can always make a rough driving call on top of that.

MMLLC
07-05-2018, 09:19 AM
Good point. Are there any series that use this?

callmez
07-05-2018, 10:15 AM
I grew up going to Iowa dirt tracks in the 1970s and when I started following DLMs a few years ago I was surprised to see that the car that stopped was always the car that got sent to the back. I guess it goes with the way society has gone, to take the easy way out rather than make a judgement call, so I shouldn't have been surprised. But the bottom line is that it often penalizes the wrong guy.
Would love to see tracks make more judgement calls when it's clear who the culprit is, but that's not gonna happen. However, they really should start penalizing drivers who stop on the track for no apparent reason and then drive away. This seems like a problem easily solved.

fryefan
07-05-2018, 10:21 AM
I don't care for it, however most tracks don't have enough eyes on the track to make educated decisions otherwise.

It certainly was a savior for Feger last night. I don't know what the heck he was thinking. He got into Tanner English on a restart and never let out of it. I thought Tanner was going to roll at one point.

reid boys
07-05-2018, 11:18 AM
I hate this rule, I think it's going to cause someone to get hurt at one point. You'll see drivers spin out and just hammer the gas and do donuts in front of the field or the guy in the back is just going to plow through a guy one of these times.

tb1545
07-05-2018, 12:06 PM
I've raced at over 30 different tracks with different rules across the country and watched at many more. In my opinion, there is no best or right way for these rules as each has their positives and negatives. The only thing I have wanted is
#1 to know what the rule is and announced at the drivers meeting so everyone knows
#2 to see it enforced the same (good or bad) throughout the night and season.
These on-track rules are like track conditions, some like it slick, some like hammerdown, but at the end of the day we all have to race on the same surface and the same rules. Now those rules being enforced the same and fairly is more about the track/series and employees than the rules themselves being good or bad.

Zonks32x
07-05-2018, 11:05 PM
I know it's a tar-car track, but I like what they do at Slinger Speedway.

Caution comes out...driver who caused it can stop at the start/finish line and "roof tap." That driver goes to the tail, other driver(s) get their spot back.

Otherwise, all involved go to the tail of the field. You'd be amazed how many times the "guilty" party taps out. Keeps peace in the pits and, believe it or not, is good for t-shirt sales after the races.

Krooser
07-06-2018, 01:44 PM
The guy who spins then sits there and causes a yellow should be put to the back... 1st time, 2nd time, anytime. Slows the show for no reason.

I always told my drivers if you spin and sit you had better need a push off the track.

TBSprintFan
07-06-2018, 03:45 PM
I know it's a tar-car track, but I like what they do at Slinger Speedway.

Caution comes out...driver who caused it can stop at the start/finish line and "roof tap." That driver goes to the tail, other driver(s) get their spot back.

Otherwise, all involved go to the tail of the field. You'd be amazed how many times the "guilty" party taps out. Keeps peace in the pits and, believe it or not, is good for t-shirt sales after the races.

I like that way of handling the situation.

GrocMax
07-07-2018, 01:01 AM
Horsepucky. For weekly racing tracks that insist on judgement calls chase owners/drivers to tracks that don't make judgement calls in a short period of time. About the same as having a local engine builder as head tech.