PDA

View Full Version : Jake Knowles Handles Hornet's Nest Foes for $2,500 Payday

Ben Shelton
07-05-2018, 12:22 PM
For Immediate Release
July 5, 2018

Jake Knowles Handles Hornet’s Nest Foes for $2,500 Payday

Rome, Georgia (07/05/18 ) – Jake Knowles continued his winning ways over the extended holiday weekend with a $2,500 triumph at Talladega Short Track on Tuesday night in his Knowles Race Parts & Bodies #66 Josh Roberts Trucking/ Longhorn Chassis Late Model.

The victory was his fifth of the 2018 season.

My dad (Wade) came here (Talladega Short Track) and won a lot of races through the years, and I practically grew up here,” Knowles said. “I’m running a red and white No. 66 to honor my Dad’s racing legacy, so it’s special to come here and win with that car. He and my mom have been very supportive of my career, and I can’t thank them enough."

Jake kicked off his holiday weekend action on Friday evening as he traveled to Boyd’s Speedway (Ringgold, Georgia) for the opening round of the Durrence Layne Chevrolet Series sanctioned Salute to America Nationals.

In a field of 34 Crate Late Models, Jake recorded the ninth-fastest time in his qualifying group, which relegated him to the B-Main. Sending the Top 7 into the opening night feature, Knowles scored a third-place finish, which positioned him 13th on the starting grid for the finale.

With $2,500 on the line, Jake Knowles improved eight spots in the 50-lapper to place fifth behind Cruz Skinner, Ronnie Johnson, Cory Hedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), and Will Roland.

After seeing Mother Nature wreak havoc with rounds two and three of the Salute to America Nationals, action finally resumed on Tuesday night at Talladega Short Track (Eastaboga, Alabama), where a stout field of 44 Durrence Layne Chevrolet Series entries assembled to do battle.

Registering the second-fastest time in his qualifying group, Knowles locked into the fourth-starting position for the A-Main. Slipping past race-leader Sam Seawright on lap-15, Jake held off hard-charging Cory Hedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) in the final laps to score his fifth win of the season and a $2,500 payday. Hedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), Chase Walls, Sam Seawright, and Will Roland completed the Top-5 finishers in the 50-lap affair.

Knowles also received a $500 bonus for his performances during the course of the miniseries.

Jake sits in third in the Durrence Layne Chevrolet Series point standings. For full results from these events as well as the latest series standings, please visit www.DurrenceLayneRacing.com .

The team plans to take a break from racing the weekend, and their plans for the following weekend are currently uncertain as well. Tentatively the next events for the team will be on July 20-21 with the Durrence Layne Late Model Series. The tour will invade Oglethorpe Speedway Park (Savannah, Georgia) on Friday, July 20 for a $2,000-to-win event before moving onto Cochran Motor Speedway (Cochran, Georgia) on Saturday, July 21 for a $4,000-to-win affair.

Jake Knowles would like to thank his marketing partners, which include Knowles Race Parts & Bodies, Josh Roberts Trucking, Buster Goss Body Shop, Martins Wrecker Service, Curbow Logging, Coosa Heating & Cooling, JW Motorsports, Cruise with the Champions, Shorty’s Shock Service, Hoosier Racing Tire by Pup, Knowles Trucking, Keyser Manufacturing, Wiles Racing Driveshafts, Joe’s Transmission, Carolina Racing Supply, Big A’s Custom Graphics, AG Calf Ranch, Renegade Racing Fuels, Mitchell Jenkins Photography, Dynojet, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Jake Knowles please visit www.JakeKnowles66.net .