PDA

View Full Version : Neil Baggett Wins First-Career CCSDS Feature at The Mag

Ben Shelton
07-05-2018, 11:01 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 5, 2018

Neil Baggett Wins First-Career CCSDS Feature at The Mag
Action Continues Friday Night at Jackson Motor Speedway

Columbus, Mississippi (07/05/18) – The COMP Cams Super Dirt Series (CCSDS) made their second appearance of 2018 at Magnolia Motor Speedway (Columbus, Mississippi) on Thursday night, and for the second-straight event at the 3/8-mile oval there was a first-time series winner in Victory Lane.

Hometown racer, Neil Baggett claimed the $2,000 winner’s check.

“Man, I grew up around here watching guys like Don Hester race, and I always dreamed of doing it,” Baggett said in Victory Lane. “I’ve got to thank Montgomery Farms and all of these great supporters, who allow my dreams to come true. We had a great car tonight, and I just had to make sure I didn’t beat myself. I jumped the cushion in turn three with a few laps remaining and Cade (Dillard) could have slid me dirty, but he didn’t. That’s something I’ll definitely remember the next time, if the roles are reversed.”

New Vision Graphics Pole Sitter, Hunter Rasdon and Neil Baggett brought the field to the green flag for the 35-lap feature. Baggett took advantage of a fast cushion to jump to the lead as the race went green. It would be a lead he would never relinquish.

Cade Dillard and Chad Thrash pursued the leader throughout the event, but not even a pair of cautions would enable them to overtake the Columbus, Mississippi racer for the top spot.

Baggett crossed the finish line a few car lengths ahead of Dillard to score his first-career series win. With the triumph he became the 11th different winner in 16 series events in 2018.

Dillard, Thrash, Jack Sullivan, and Kyle Beard completed the Top-5 finishers.

Kyle Beard received the Larry Shaw Race Cars Hard Charger Award after advancing nine spots to finish fifth. Clay Fisher was the Henryetta Ford Hard Luck Award recipient after mechanical issues ended his night on lap 3.

Friday night finds the action shifting to Jackson Motor Speedway (Byram, Mississippi), where a $2,500-to-win/$400-to-start event will be held. This will be the first visit to the facility in 2018 by the CCSDS. Durrence Layne Crate Late Models, Durrence Layne 602 Sportsman, Durrence Layne Street Stocks, and Factory Stocks will all join the action. Pits open at 4:00 p.m. with grandstands at 5:00 p.m. and hot laps at 7:00 p.m. Adult grandstand admission is $20 with Senior Citizens/Military $16, kids (7-12) $10 and children (6 and under) free. Adult pit passes are $35 with kids (7-12) $20 and children (6 and under) free.

The weekend triple header draws to a close on Saturday night at Greenville Speedway (Greenville, Mississippi) with another $2,500-to-win/$400-to-start program. Brian Rickman emerged victorious at the ¼-mile oval when the tour rolled into town back in May. Durrence Layne Late Models, Durrence Layne Street Stocks, Outlaw Hobbies and Factory Stocks will also be in action. Adult grandstand admission is $20 with kids (6-14) $5 and children (5 and under) free. Adult pit passes are $35 with kids (6-14) $10 and children (5 and under) free.

For more information on this weekend’s events, please visit www.JacksonMotorSpeedway.net and www.GreenvilleSpeedway.net .

The tire rule for the weekend will be 1350 on all four corners with a LM40 or WRS55 right-rear option in the feature.

The COMP Cams Super Dirt Series presented by Lucas Oil is sponsored by and would like to thank all of their sponsors including- COMP Cams, Lucas Oil, Hoosier Racing Tires, Larry Shaw Race Cars, New Vision Graphics, Black Diamond Chassis, Midwest Sheet Metal, Beene Oil Co., Quarter Master, Allen Manufacturing, Mid State Golf Cars, ROCKHARD Powder Coating, Mark Martin Automotive Group, Mark Martin Powersports, Henryetta Ford, Central Arkansas Pest Services, Beach Veterinary Services, Racing Head Service, Kellick Farms, Midwest Automation, P&W Sales, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest information on the COMP Cams Super Dirt Series presented by Lucas Oil, please visit www.COMPDirt.com .

COMP Cams Super Dirt Series – July 5, 2018
Magnolia Motor Speedway (Columbus, Mississippi)

Feature Results
1)Neil Baggett 2)Cade Dillard 3)Chad Thrash 4)Jack Sullivan 5)Kyle Beard 6)Shay Knight 7)Brian Rickman 8)Hunter Rasdon 9)Chandler Petty 10)Spencer Hughes 11)B.J. Robinson 12)Gavin Landers 13)Tanner Kellick 14)Jake Davis 15)Rick Rickman 16)Josh Putnam 17)Michael Arnold 18)Brett White 19)Clay Fisher 20)David Payne

DNS: Cory Pennington, Chris McElhenney, Robert Moore, Jay Collum, Jamie Elam, Dewayne Estes
Entries: 26
MSR Mafia Fast Qualifier: Brian Rickman (13.497 seconds)
Black Diamond Chassis Heat Race #1 Winner: Hunter Rasdon
P&W Sales Heat Race #2 Winner: Neil Baggett
ROCKHARD Powder Coating Heat Race #3 Winner: Rick Rickman
New Vision Graphics Pole Sitter: Hunter Rasdon
Hoosier Racing Tire B-Main Winner: Tanner Kellick
Henryetta Ford Hard Luck Award: Clay Fisher
Larry Shaw Race Cars Hard Charger: Kyle Beard (14th-5th)
COMP Cams Top Performer: Neil Baggett
Lap Leaders: Neil Baggett (1-35)
Cautions: 2
Red Flags: 0