rickybrown1952
07-07-2018, 06:44 PM
29 late models 27 modifieds

rickybrown1952
07-07-2018, 06:45 PM
Cmonnn Shirley u got this

Mindwalker
07-07-2018, 07:01 PM
Babbs given him every chance in the world.

WildBill32
07-07-2018, 07:09 PM
Hell tour points chase going into tonight. Top 3- Shirley 1,033. Babb 989. Feger 840....

WildBill32
07-07-2018, 07:21 PM
Bobby Pierce has the next five races of the Hell Tour scheduled on his website?

rickybrown1952
07-07-2018, 10:16 PM
Highland heat winners 1 Klein 2 Gundaker 3 Zobrist

MI Dirt Fan
07-07-2018, 10:26 PM
Bobby Pierce has the next five races of the Hell Tour scheduled on his website?

Seems as though they should focus on finishing races than him going and running SN races in the family car.

Swampy121
07-07-2018, 10:35 PM
Seems as though they should focus on finishing races than him going and running SN races in the family car.

I'm not a fan of his, but Bobby doesn't seem to be the problem in how he's been running lately. Dunn Benson are the ones who need to take time off to figure why the car keeps breaking down.

MI Dirt Fan
07-07-2018, 10:39 PM
I'm not a fan of his, but Bobby doesn't seem to be the problem in how he's been running lately. Dunn Benson are the ones who need to take time off to figure why the car keeps breaking down.

That's what I mean. Maybe he should be in the shop also instead of running SN shows in the family car. Just my observation.

Cardirt0
07-07-2018, 10:40 PM

I am with you the car has been junk now for the last few races.

WildBill32
07-07-2018, 10:45 PM
I thought Bobby was suspended from Woo & UMP races for 30 days? Maybe not...

MI Dirt Fan
07-07-2018, 10:45 PM
Only the DB ride is.

ptown
07-07-2018, 10:58 PM
That's what I mean. Maybe he should be in the shop also instead of running SN shows in the family car. Just my observation.

He never has worked on the car always father knows best did all the heavy lifting.

Cardirt0
07-07-2018, 11:02 PM
He never has worked on the car always father knows best did all the heavy lifting.

I have seen him work on the car. You wrong on that one.

Cardirt0
07-07-2018, 11:04 PM
The Mod race must be a crash fest.

WildBill32
07-07-2018, 11:12 PM
Late Model A-Main up next. Shirley has his work cutout for him tonight. Starts 11th.

Shiny Side Up 18
07-07-2018, 11:35 PM
Looked like a train race on race monitor.

GrocMax
07-07-2018, 11:38 PM
Rubbered up..

Shiny Side Up 18
Final: Chad Zobrist, Babb, Gundaker, Jason Zobrist, Suhre, Shirley, Klein, Moyer, Feger, Schlenk.

WildBill32
First time winner. Home town boy gets his first Hell Tour win. 78 Chad Zobrist. Babb 2nd, Shirley 6th.

GEAR_HEAD
07-07-2018, 11:43 PM
I've been to Highland a few times and they have no idea how to do proper track prep. They have it sealed all day long and some old dude will make occasional passes with the water truck that has about 100 gallon capacity. It's a real shame because with the right equipment and management that place could be really good.

Shiny Side Up 18
07-08-2018, 12:09 AM
Rusty Schlenk's thoughts: "Had a great car tonight. Turned the fastest lap of the race. Unfortunately the track prep was terrible and was locked down in the rubber. Any track promoter who puts a show like this on should be ashamed of themselves. Terrible for the driver, the team's tire bill and for the fans. 😡"

cgrace
07-08-2018, 02:14 AM
Rusty Schlenk's thoughts: "Had a great car tonight. Turned the fastest lap of the race. Unfortunately the track prep was terrible and was locked down in the rubber. Any track promoter who puts a show like this on should be ashamed of themselves. Terrible for the driver, the team's tire bill and for the fans. "what he said.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-08-2018, 10:02 AM
Rusty Schlenk's thoughts: "Had a great car tonight. Turned the fastest lap of the race. Unfortunately the track prep was terrible and was locked down in the rubber. Any track promoter who puts a show like this on should be ashamed of themselves. Terrible for the driver, the team's tire bill and for the fans. "Schlenk is full of it, Thomas The Train said that’s the raciest joint he has ever seen.:)

Man, that was painful.

Clayton_Wetter
07-08-2018, 12:58 PM
I've been to Highland a few times and they have no idea how to do proper track prep. They have it sealed all day long and some old dude will make occasional passes with the water truck that has about 100 gallon capacity. It's a real shame because with the right equipment and management that place could be really good.

Sounds like THEY have no idea about how to do track prep, not you. lol

Clayton_Wetter
07-08-2018, 12:59 PM
Rusty Schlenk's thoughts: "Had a great car tonight. Turned the fastest lap of the race. Unfortunately the track prep was terrible and was locked down in the rubber. Any track promoter who puts a show like this on should be ashamed of themselves. Terrible for the driver, the team's tire bill and for the fans. "

Glad he spoke out, honestly.

Shiny Side Up 18
07-08-2018, 01:02 PM
He has since deleted his post.

MI Dirt Fan
07-08-2018, 01:19 PM
So what's his excuse all the other nights? Thought for sure he'd be running top 3 top 5 every night with a couple wins.

jr29
07-08-2018, 01:24 PM
So what's his excuse for finishing about 8th place or farther back just about every other night? He has 3 5th places finishes and a 4th.

I was thinking there might have been a little sour grapes involved too. Gordy Gundaker, Tanner English and Chad Zobrist all have wins on the tour and he doesn't . English and Zobrist have only entered a handful of the races combined. They are all fine drivers but their reputations don't precede them like Schlenk's. He has to be frustrated.

And I assume the mods ran before the late models last night because the track was not locked down for them. Mike Harrison came from 19th to 2nd and almost won.

Shiny Side Up 18
07-08-2018, 01:31 PM
And I assume the mods ran before the late models last night because the track was not locked down for them. Mike Harrison came from 19th to 2nd and almost won.They did. I was watching race monitor. I'm glad I stayed home last night.

cgrace
07-08-2018, 01:41 PM
Rusty was completely right in his post. Harrison is a beast, but actually several cars fell out in front of him too. The late models were locked down within 3 laps. Rusty did look good in his heat. Zorbrist was good, but in reality he won cause there was no way anyone could pass him. Gordy drove a great race, not trying to take anything away from him, but if I recall he was handed the lead when Shirley broke.

TMaCiLLiNi39
07-08-2018, 02:02 PM
When Shannon Babb and Chad Zobrist can't pass Mike Hammerle.... something is wrong on every level

a25rjr
07-08-2018, 02:02 PM

So said their last driver!

Illtsate32
07-08-2018, 03:25 PM
Ya don't let em fool ya Harrison was somehow miraculously given 6 spots under caution home cooking right there...

GEAR_HEAD
07-08-2018, 03:29 PM
And I assume the mods ran before the late models last night because the track was not locked down for them. Mike Harrison came from 19th to 2nd and almost won.

That's another problem with Hell Tour races...UMP lets tracks run all of the junk divisions before the Supers to hold fans hostage and make sure that the track sucks for the race that everyone came to see. If tracks like Farmer City and Highland really cared about the fans they would run the Super feature first to make sure the fans can see a decent show. Instead they just blatantly tell everyone that they have your money and they don't care if you get to see a good show or not.

t4g2
07-08-2018, 04:11 PM
I'm glad when drivers speak their mind, him feger and culp just gives them more respect from me. All this no you can't speak up, or delete a negative post when its true is bs.

Shiny Side Up 18
07-08-2018, 04:25 PM
I'm glad when drivers speak their mind, him feger and culp just gives them more respect from me. All this no you can't speak up, or delete a negative post when its true is bs.They don't speak their minds very often because any form of criticism, constructive or not, is labeled "Track/Series Bashing" and they will be shredded for having the audacity to feel that things could be done better. Then we have to have another "Social media is ruining the sport" discussion.

Bubstr
07-08-2018, 05:12 PM
Worse part is, no one started a thread about the dirty driving Babb. Dump someone to pass and how his fans, wife, Mother and any sponsors are crazy to support him. He must not be judged on the Bobby Pierce standard. JK. Sarcasm.

GrocMax
07-08-2018, 05:59 PM
Yeah lap 38 Schlenk ran 1-2 tenths under top qualifying time. Only 13 second lap of the night.

Hollis
07-08-2018, 06:04 PM
They don't speak their minds very often because any form of criticism, constructive or not, is labeled "Track/Series Bashing" and they will be shredded for having the audacity to feel that things could be done better. Then we have to have another "Social media is ruining the sport" discussion.Pretty much says it all. Plus Sam is not afraid to ruffle your feathers.

MI Dirt Fan
07-08-2018, 06:19 PM
Worse part is, no one started a thread about the dirty driving Babb. Dump someone to pass and how his fans, wife, Mother and any sponsors are crazy to support him. He must not be judged on the Bobby Pierce standard. JK. Sarcasm.
Waiting for the t-shirt design to come out lol

t4g2
07-08-2018, 06:27 PM
With Peirce he does it time and time again. If he can't pass a driver he wrecks you. That's the Peirce way.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-08-2018, 06:46 PM
Worse part is, no one started a thread about the dirty driving Babb. Dump someone to pass and how his fans, wife, Mother and any sponsors are crazy to support him. He must not be judged on the Bobby Pierce standard. JK. Sarcasm.Lol. Bobby ain’t the issue, it’s most of them others you mentioned, plus a couple more.

Highside Hustler25
07-09-2018, 05:02 AM

I'll say in Babb's defense, Hammerlee should probably pull off the track that late in a race. I totally respect Mike being out there a second, sometimes 2 seconds slower than the field. But their is a time late in a race when you are not going to improve your position and you are more of a hindrance to others. Guys pull off to save their equipment for another day. Nothing wrong with that.

Hollis
07-09-2018, 08:27 AM
I'll say in Babb's defense, Hammerlee should probably pull off the track that late in a race. I totally respect Mike being out there a second, sometimes 2 seconds slower than the field. But their is a time late in a race when you are not going to improve your position and you are more of a hindrance to others. Guys pull off to save their equipment for another day. Nothing wrong with that.It appeared to me that Hammerli brake checked the boys Usually you get roughed up after that. If it would have been Pierce he would have been treated a little different on here.