PDA

View Full Version : Scott Bloomquist, Billy Moyer reaching major career milestones

Returning to Dirt
07-10-2018, 08:26 PM
https://insidedirtracing.com/scott-bloomquist-billy-moyer-reaching-major-career-milestones/

It would be hard to argue that these are not the greatest of all time and each could be reaching a major milestone soon

MI Dirt Fan
07-10-2018, 09:04 PM
Bloomquist is also closing in on 100 Lucas wins as well

racincowboy02
07-11-2018, 04:56 AM
How many series have there been i remember UDTRA Hav A Tampa WOO Lucas as the major national touring series and if im not mistaken didn't the UDTRA Hav A Tampa just merge into the Lucas tour or am i way off on that

Planetzer0
07-11-2018, 09:47 AM
The major touring series have been

STARS (1984-2004) Moran 78 wins
HAT/UDTRA (1993-2004) Bloomquist 100 wins
WoO (88,89)(2004 to now) Richards 76 wins
Lucas Oil (2004 to now) Bloomquist 91 wins

The series have changed names but pretty much the WoO is the STARS and the Lucas is the HAT. Mostly Northern and Southern racing series.

MI Dirt Fan
07-11-2018, 10:40 AM
How many series have there been i remember UDTRA Hav A Tampa WOO Lucas as the major national touring series and if im not mistaken didn't the UDTRA Hav A Tampa just merge into the Lucas tour or am i way off on that

Have at it
https://www.dirtondirt.com/history.php

plunks7
07-11-2018, 11:10 AM
Wasn't there a stacker series also?

Highside Hustler25
07-11-2018, 01:01 PM
Wasn't there a stacker series also?

Yes. Around 04 - 05.
Extreme Dirt Car Series and Stacker 2 merged about that time and became UMP sanctioned. Sargent and Kenny Schrader were behind it back then.

chasefrehley
07-11-2018, 04:00 PM
IMO Bloomers career is more lucrative due to the fact he races against better competition on a weekly basis where Moyer is a cherry picker. This is my opinion and it may pi$$ off some of you but it's just that, MY opinion.

CageFaraday
07-11-2018, 04:15 PM
While it is your opinion and you are welcome to it. In Moyer's defense, his area of the country has fewer major events or crown jewels, so the races tend to pay less and SOME consider that cherry picking. If your gonna race and make a living at it you have to consider fuel expense and travel as part of the decision on where you race. Also when Moyer has run against the so called, "better competition" he has risen to the challenge winning titles on both WoO tours and the UDTRA as well, so talent and capability wise he matches up well with Bloomquist and is equally as good at the
Big E, in MY opinion. Not to mention dominating in florida on more than one occasion over the years against the best of the best.

zyoung25
07-11-2018, 04:26 PM
Yes. Around 04 - 05.
Extreme Dirt Car Series and Stacker 2 merged about that time and became UMP sanctioned. Sargent and Kenny Schrader were behind it back then.

And that yellow Jimmy Mars stacker 2 car is still one of the ugliest cars still to date.

Clayton_Wetter
07-11-2018, 05:09 PM
While it is your opinion and you are welcome to it. In Moyer's defense, his area of the country has fewer major events or crown jewels, so the races tend to pay less and SOME consider that cherry picking. If your gonna race and make a living at it you have to consider fuel expense and travel as part of the decision on where you race. Also when Moyer has run against the so called, "better competition" he has risen to the challenge winning titles on both WoO tours and the UDTRA as well, so talent and capability wise he matches up well with Bloomquist and is equally as good at the
Big E, in MY opinion. Not to mention dominating in florida on more than one occasion over the years against the best of the best.

But not quite up to running Lucas or WOO full time yearly, ever. That would hurt the win count severely. hahahaa

MI Dirt Fan
07-11-2018, 05:19 PM
I would take Bloomquist take Bloomquists 91 Lucas wins and 8 Dreams over Moyers entire resume

a25rjr
07-11-2018, 07:34 PM
I would take Bloomquist take Bloomquists 91 Lucas wins and 8 Dreams over Moyers entire resume

yep.....and I think Bloomer has raced against the overall better competition.

Highside Hustler25
07-11-2018, 07:41 PM

That's cuz yer trophy room isn't big enough for all of them Globes:)

MI Dirt Fan
07-11-2018, 07:50 PM
That's cuz yer trophy room isn't big enough for all of them Globes:)

Nah. I'd be good still lol