PDA

View Full Version : Great Bloomquist Interview

Snake X3
07-15-2018, 11:48 PM
James Essex did a 7+ minute interview for DoD with Bloomer after his 600th win. Check it out here....

http://www.dirtondirt.com/video.php?watch=10755

MI Dirt Fan
07-15-2018, 11:52 PM
Can I use your login?

smith19
07-16-2018, 12:50 AM
mdf...lmao...

Matt49
07-16-2018, 05:07 AM
It was great and very retrospective and seemed pretty organic. Meaning I don't think Essex was really expecting Scott to get as in depth as he did. I thought it was great.

CageFaraday
07-16-2018, 08:10 AM
Can I use your login?

Lemme no when your done so I can use it too. I ended my DOD subscription 2 years ago, I only have LucasTV.

MotoMatt
07-16-2018, 08:58 AM
post a screenshot of it, they won't even notice...;)

Kromulous
07-16-2018, 09:12 AM
It was a great interview, Bloomquist was very insightful and not his usual self.

Bob Hubbard
07-16-2018, 11:37 AM
Ya gotta give Bloomer credit for 600 wins & all hes done for dirt racing .... Hes a wheel man for sure ....

jwel
07-16-2018, 12:10 PM
James just did a great job of letting Scott talk and sprinkling in a question here and there to make the whole thing come together. It is an art to do an interview and be able to flow with it like James did.

MI Dirt Fan
07-16-2018, 12:18 PM
I've seen a couple of older interviews in the past and I think he likes to do interviews he just doesn't like to do it right when he gets out of the car. Maybe its from the adrenaline rush he gets then sticking a mic in your face. 30 mins or so after the race in the pit area I'm sure he could talk all night.

Matt49
07-16-2018, 12:57 PM
Good point about Essex. He and Scott have a long history. He was the announcer at Brownstown when Bloomquist first started traveling and won many of the big races in this area. Then it was also at Brownstown that Bloomquist got his 500th. I think there's just a lot of good memories between the two of them and that really shined through in that interview.
The DoD guys do pretty well for the most part but a lot of track announcers ask some really idiotic questions in the victory lane interviews. Essex is not one of them. You'd be hard pressed to find two people who combined know more about the sport that he does. Scott clearly respects that.

Illtsate32
07-16-2018, 01:11 PM
Right I think Bloomer respects James so he was a lot more candid with him...

BirkyTime15B
07-16-2018, 01:14 PM
Really good interview!

Mindwalker
07-16-2018, 01:45 PM
Right I think Bloomer respects James so he was a lot more candid with him...

Regarding respect, its the other way around.

Planetzer0
07-16-2018, 02:30 PM
really surprised he didn't mention Bob Miller as an influential person.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-16-2018, 04:31 PM
really surprised he didn't mention Bob Miller as an influential person.Very rare, he has always given Bob and Barb tons of credit for helping him out.

TerryM
07-17-2018, 05:17 AM
One of the best interviews I've ever seen with Scott. Well done.

zyoung25
07-17-2018, 06:13 AM
really surprised he didn't mention Bob Miller as an influential person.

I kept waiting on Bob's name to come up, along with Johnny Johnson's. He wore MBC/Hawkeye and J&J more anyone else in the sport.

I think that is the best post race interview he has ever given. Most of the time it looks like he's watching the bugs buzz around whoevers head, and has a hard time spitting out what he wants to say. It wasn't like that this time.

Highside Hustler25
07-17-2018, 06:28 AM
With so many possibilities, Miller/Johnson/Sweet, I think he wanted to avoid picking just one so he said his Dad, which is cool. Was a good interview.

Snake X3
07-17-2018, 06:51 AM
For those of you that missed out on the DoD interview, but have LucasTV, here is a sit-down interview with Scott conducted by Dave Despain. I figure a lot of you might have missed it since it originally aired on MavTV in 2013.

https://lucasoilracing.tv/watch?v=1798472

user: DigDownDeep@GetASubscription.com
pass: 1t'5W0rthTheM9ney

It is the first in-depth interview I had ever seen with Scott. I was pretty new to the sport at the time. He comes across as a really smart guy. A year or so later I found 4m and was shocked to find out that the guy is really a compete butth0le. :rolleyes:

People talked endlessly about what is killing Super Lates. Maybe if we spent less time tearing down the all-time greats like Scott and Billy Moyer, and spent more time talking about what happens on the track, some of the sport's problems wouldn't be problems. Just an idea.

I wanted to add that anyone that has ever driven or worked on a race car has to appreciate his work ethic and determination.

Trax53
07-17-2018, 10:46 AM
Scott mentioned that he did not think one of his milestone victories had been televised. Which isn't true.
His 400th career victory came in 2003 at Carolina Speedway in the Xtreme Dirt Car Series event. It was televised on SPEED Channel. I have the VHS tape of it.

Snake X3
07-17-2018, 11:28 AM
Scott mentioned that he did not think one of his milestone victories had been televised. Which isn't true.
His 400th career victory came in 2003 at Carolina Speedway in the Xtreme Dirt Car Series event. It was televised on SPEED Channel. I have the VHS tape of it.

I found a short clip from that race on You Tube. Shame the entire thing is posted. You should put it up there if you can convert it. There are a ton of old races up on You Tube. I watch as many as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrTAQNEHNgc

Trax53
07-17-2018, 12:14 PM
That clip is actually from my page. I have no idea what equipment I need to do that with.
If I had it I could put countless hours of old races on YouTube that I've taped!

MI Dirt Fan
07-17-2018, 12:24 PM
That clip is actually from my page. I have no idea what equipment I need to do that with.
If I had it I could put countless hours of old races on YouTube that I've taped!
There was someone in MI years ago that video taped many events under the name Prime Trax I believe.

Snake X3
07-17-2018, 12:37 PM

LOL...well go figure. Just that short taste had me hooked. Hopefully someday you can get those races up there. I love watching the old stuff.

After I watched your clip, the next thing up was a 100 lap Hav A Tampa race from Cleveland Speedway in 1995. To get it on You Tube the guy recorded his TV using a video camera. The quality isn't very good, but it's definitely worth watching. The race was on Sports South and may have been a live broadcast since all 100 laps are covered.

If anyone is interested, here's a link....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRkE9iH-sVJZXu-vumMHXIA