PDA

View Full Version : Davenport WoO July 24th

Smoke4Ever
07-16-2018, 10:45 AM
Only a week away from Super late models on the big 1/2 mile what drivers are coming?All 10 of the outlawsChad Simpson Chris Simpson Bobby Pierce Dennis Erb JrTyler Bruening Spencer DiercksJason Feger?Brian Shirley?Billy Moyer?

Mindwalker
07-16-2018, 10:53 AM
Is jd gonna be thar?

Smoke4Ever
07-16-2018, 11:24 AM
What I am hoping is anyone that is going from silver dollar nationals to the Prairie dirt classic stops over at Davenport

BirkyTime15B
07-16-2018, 01:23 PM
I just cant believe that none of the Lucas guys have this date on the schedule. Especially literally leaving I-80 its on the same road. But who knows, lots of laps happening out at I-80 so I understand that guys need to go through the cars. Either way, will be a great show. Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds is one of the nicest facilities around. Flying in from Phoenix that day for racing, and BIX and Ragbrai later that week. Might hit up the Fair races at Dubuque as well.

MotoMatt
07-16-2018, 04:11 PM
Skip Dubuque if its anything like it was for the WoO show, track was garbage.

BirkyTime15B
07-16-2018, 11:21 PM
We’ll see. Like I said, hopefully some surprise drivers decide to show up.

Pennsboro23
07-17-2018, 08:14 AM
Birky time..

Smoke4Ever
07-17-2018, 03:25 PM
Dennis Erb jr has taken Davenport off his schedule

cjsracing
07-17-2018, 03:39 PM

I'm not sure why what happened with Dubuque's track would apply to Davenport. These two races are mutually exclusive.

getinit
07-17-2018, 04:02 PM
I'm not sure why what happened with Dubuque's track would apply to Davenport. These two races are mutually exclusive.

See post #4

BirkyTime15B
07-21-2018, 02:47 AM
Weather looks perfect, can’t wait to go racing Tuesday! Expecting a big crowd!

BirkyTime15B
07-22-2018, 06:47 PM
Below is some additional info to help answer some questions...

Track: Davenport Speedway
Date: Tuesday July 24, 2018
Address: 2815 Locust St, Davenport, IA 52804
Website: http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=WRG_LMSNG&pid=8578125
Event contact Info: (563) 249-1387
Track Size: 1/2 mile high banked

Schedule of events:
Tickets & Will Call: 2 pm
Pit Gates: 2 pm
Grandstands: 4 pm
Drivers Meeting: 6:00 p.m.
Hot Laps/ Qualifying: 6:30 pm/ 6:45 pm
Opening Ceremony/Race: 7:00 pm

Tickets & Pricing:
Reserved Box Seats (9) per box $270
Reserved box Seats (12) per box $360
Advanced General Admission: $25
Race Day General Admission: $30
Child General Admission: (12-under) Free
Pit Pass: $40
Kids: (12-Under) $20
Frequently Asked Questions:

What other divisions will be running with the World of Outlaws Craftsman Series?
- IMCA Sport Modifieds

Where is reserved seating?
-All seating for this event is General Admission

Do grandstand seats have a back?
-No

Where is general admission seating?
-All Seating is GA, first come basis

Where is Handicap Seating?
-Bottom Row in Grandstand

Can I purchase Tickets in advance?
-Yes- Online: http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=WRG_LMSNG&pid=8578125 or by phone at 844-DIRT-TIX.

Is there an age rule for the pits?
- There is not an age limit for the pit area at this event. Minors aged 17 and younger must submit a fully-executed minor “Parental Consent, Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity Agreement/Minor's Assumption of Risk and Release and Waiver of Liability by.” These will be available at the Pit Ticket Windows.

Can fans bring/use stadium seating chairs?
-Yes

Is there a charge for parking?
-No

Are personal coolers allowed?
-No

Are ATMs available at the track?
-No

Do concessions take cards?
-No

Is alcohol available for purchase at the event?
-Yes

Is there a Smoking Policy?
-No smoking in grandstand. Smoking permitted in designated areas.

Is there a Family Section?
-No

Is camping available at the track?
-Yes

MI Dirt Fan
07-22-2018, 07:35 PM
Gotta remember there is some big Lucas shows coming up. 4 night at Florence, the topless the following week, then the big one at Mansfield a week after that. Then the Hillbilly a couple weeks after that pays $50k. Then there a few after that. Knoxville, Jackson, slide through Georgia is now a 3 night event with the makeup at Cherokee and then the Pittsburgher and finally the dtwc. They just came off a SN type stretch.

racincowboy02
07-23-2018, 04:10 AM
I think you mean the make up at Fayetteville NC as Cherokee got their race in and Bloomquist won it

dirthawk
07-23-2018, 07:56 AM
I am going no matter what. Just think we will all be disappointed with car count. Catching a few Lucas cars seems possible but not likely. Thought there would have been more WoO at I-80 too. Looks like they get out on the road and conserve resources so they can focus on their primary series. It’s a shame for the fans in the Midwest because both series are in the area and could make for some good shows.

Tireguy17
07-23-2018, 08:25 AM
The Lucas series schedule is very demanding, and they have the next 2 weekends off to prepare for 4 big weekends in a row. As a long-time USA Nationals attendee I have come to the realization that not many Lucas regulars will even attend Cedar Lake now, even for $50K-to-win, because an off-weekend are very rare in-season.

MI Dirt Fan
07-23-2018, 08:54 AM
I think you mean the make up at Fayetteville NC as Cherokee got their race in and Bloomquist won it

I was thinking Fayetteville but for some reason I type Cherokee. Thanks.

Bumpandrun
07-23-2018, 10:36 AM

They may have had some problems with the track, but they did a good job making it better for the feature. I thought the feature was really good. Watching Brandon Sheppard come from last was awesome to watch.

rickybrown1952
07-23-2018, 10:37 AM
I checked all the Lucus guys schedules Bobby pierce is the only one that has it on his schedule but I would be very surprised if bloomquist isn't there

#FALSuperman
07-23-2018, 11:18 AM
I checked all the Lucus guys schedules Bobby pierce is the only one that has it on his schedule but I would be very surprised if bloomquist isn't thereBe prepared to be disappointed then...his suspension is still ongoing. Will not be at any WOO events until end of year in Charlotte.

MI Dirt Fan
07-23-2018, 11:22 AM
I was gonna say I thought he was suspended. He'll be at the World

#FALSuperman
07-23-2018, 11:25 AM
I was gonna say I thought he was suspended. He'll be at the WorldCorrect World 100

BirkyTime15B
07-23-2018, 12:02 PM
Weather will be perfect, beer will be cold, and Birky will be in a good race car. Either way, 20 cars or 40 cars, I’ll be there with 6 people that have never been and coming from Phoenix as it’s a huge weekend in the Quad Cities with The Bix 7 and RAGBRAI on Saturday. Can’t wait! Was hoping to hear about these drivers. Billy Moyer, Billy Moyer Jr, Brian Shirley, Shannon Babb, Jason’s Feger, Will Vaught. According to websites that’s a no, but perfect weather and 10K can change people’s minds. Cheers, see ya at Davenport!!!

Illtsate32
07-23-2018, 12:25 PM
Bobby will be at Davenport and the PDC, and Cedar Lake in his own rocket car...

MI Dirt Fan
07-23-2018, 12:32 PM
Bobby will be at Davenport and the PDC, and Cedar Lake in his own rocket car...

You just said on the DB statement page you didn't know they had thier own Rocket. And you haven't seen anywhere that they were debuting one.

Illtsate32
07-23-2018, 12:36 PM
I didnt, until today. Whats ur point? Im just repeating what Bobby said...

MI Dirt Fan
07-23-2018, 12:52 PM
What's my point? You post one thing saying you know nothing about it then 10 mins later you post the complete opposite on a different thread.

Illtsate32
07-23-2018, 01:02 PM
I didnt know they had their own Rocket, and in that ten minutes I seen where DB and Bobby himself said that he will be at this weeks and many Woo events in his own Rocket XR1. So when I seen people saying he wont be racing woo until Charlotte, I corrected them based on the info I recieved...Once again I dont understand ur point...

Illtsate32
07-23-2018, 01:05 PM
Your failed attempt to make me look like a hypocrite (or whatever ur trying to do) I dont get, now dont you see why people dont like you on here and block you...

BirkyTime15B
07-23-2018, 01:37 PM
They’ve said they’d be in their own stuff all year, heard Bob say that here at the Wild West Shootout. Shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone that’s paid attention.

MI Dirt Fan
07-23-2018, 01:43 PM
Your failed attempt to make me look like a hypocrite (or whatever ur trying to do) I dont get, now dont you see why people dont like you on here and block you...

Who doesn't like me other than you and TS fan? Really couldn't give 2 chits if anyone doesn't.

Smoke4Ever
07-23-2018, 07:50 PM
I'm predicting only between 18-22 late models tomorrow night, only Pierce from Lucas oil is going to be there and none of the Illinois drivers have it on their schedule. This absolutely sucks for a track that deserves a big time race. Oh well it will be great to Birky again for a night!

Mindwalker
07-23-2018, 08:46 PM

You haven't got anyone blocked so why make an even bigger goof of youself acting like you do have? You ain't as special as you think you are, you very well liked person you. Hahhahahahaha

Mindwalker
07-23-2018, 09:27 PM
Who doesn't like me other than you and TS fan? Really couldn't give 2 chits if anyone doesn't.

Must have put you in his block gallary befor he read your post. Lmao

MI Dirt Fan
07-23-2018, 09:29 PM
Must have put you in his block gallary befor he read your post. Lmao

His loss not mine. lol He says he has me blocked but I don't think he really does.

Mindwalker
07-23-2018, 09:35 PM
Like the little kid with his fingers in his ears going laaa deee daaaa blaaaa blaaaaa.... I cant hear you. Hahahaaaaa