PDA

View Full Version : T-Mac

Jackdawg
07-16-2018, 03:53 PM
It seems like when he interviews all he talks about is money or how he doesn’t have enough help. He went on a soap box about he track crews and how they should only make there money if the tracks are good. My opinion, nobody wants to hear that. I used to be a big T-Mac fan but not so much anymore.

Kromulous
07-16-2018, 04:02 PM
Kinda agree with you, its getting old.

Your racing a SLM for a living, its a pretty nice gig.

If you want more $$ get up on the wheel and get some.

george w
07-16-2018, 04:09 PM
He's doing alot with less or has been recently, think about all those 3rd-5th place finishes in 100 lap races this year had he had that extra guy so he could spend more time on tires, ect beforehand??? Example ... the dream. He knows what it takes an has never been in the "overspender" category to my knowledge? In my experience he's always one of the more approachable people, at or away from the track.

Planetzer0
07-16-2018, 04:11 PM
Should've stayed in a modified.

MI Dirt Fan
07-16-2018, 04:22 PM
He's doing alot with less or has been recently, think about all those 3rd-5th place finishes in 100 lap races this year had he had that extra guy so he could spend more time on tires, ect beforehand??? Example ... the dream. He knows what it takes an has never been in the "overspender" category to my knowledge? In my experience he's always one of the more approachable people, at or away from the track.

They whiffed it big at the Dream just by simply not having a CDL driver for the rig.

chopter
07-16-2018, 04:31 PM
That's a great idea. And drivers should only get paid if they win? While your at it no more show up money for tour regulars If they don't do a good job too.

george w
07-16-2018, 04:43 PM
They whiffed it big at the Dream just by simply not having a CDL driver for the rig.

I doubt it was by his choosing ? Still ran what 6th? Working in a mudhole an a single car enclosed for the 3 nights?

Zonks32x
07-16-2018, 04:54 PM
Should've stayed in a modified.

Because a national touring series late model champion going back to BB mods full-time is exactly what dirt late model racing needs right now.

You think Francis stopped driving to tech cars b/c he wanted to? Numerous drivers across the country have mentioned cost concerns, but T-mac does it...and the fan response is "quit whining" or "go back to a mod."

This is T-MAC now screaming "fire" not t-culp.

Remember that a decade from now when there's only one national DLM touring series left and The World draws 40 cars.

Sound crazy??? We're years away from any DLM event drawing 150+ cars, let alone 200+, and there's only about a dozen DLM races left throughout the entire race season that draw 50+ cars.

A national touring series and the Summer Nats have run events this year with car counts under 20.

Things are out of control...and the spiral isn't slowing down.

Tracks/promotors can only commit so much $, and fans can only spend so much $, before they get priced out.

I'm sure I'll take some heat for this, but let's make a list of dirt tracks across the country that run "open" dirt late models on a weekly basis.

I'll Start
Wisconsin (none)
Iowa ( none)
Indiana (none)
Minnesota ( none)
Kansas (none)
Florida (none)
Illinois (Sycamore, FC, & Fairbury??)
Michigan (Oakshade)
Missouri (I-55...I believe)
Nebraska (I-80??)
PA (Josh help us out)
HH25 or Blackie will correct me if I'm wrong on IL and I-55.

MI Dirt Fan
07-16-2018, 04:59 PM
Oakshade isn't in Michigan

For sure run weekly in MI.
Tri City
Crystal
Merritt
Thunderbird

I'm not sure if I96 or Butler does.

bleedblue55
07-16-2018, 05:02 PM
Because a national touring series late model champion going back to BB mods full-time is exactly what dirt late model racing needs right now.

You think Francis stopped driving to tech cars b/c he wanted to? Numerous drivers across the country have mentioned cost concerns, but T-mac does it...and the fan response is "quit whining" or "go back to a mod."

Remember that a decade from now when there's only one national DLM touring series left and The World draws 40 cars.

Sound crazy??? We're years away from any DLM event drawing 150+ cars, let alone 200+, and there's only about a dozen DLM races left throughout the entire race season that draw 50+ cars.

A national touring series and the Summer Nats have run events this year with car counts under 20.

Tracks/promotors can only commit so much $, and fans can only spend so much $, before they get priced out.

I'm sure I'll take some heat for this, but let's make a list of dirt tracks across the country that run "open" dirt late models on a weekly basis.

I'll Start
Wisconsin (none)
Iowa ( none)
Indiana (none)
Minnesota ( none)
Kansas (none)
Florida (none)
Michigan (Oakshade)
Nebraska (I-80??)
PA (Josh help us out)
Pa. Lernerville, Port Royal, Eriez, Bedford

getinit
07-16-2018, 05:04 PM
That's a great idea. And drivers should only get paid if they win? While your at it no more show up money for tour regulars If they don't do a good job too.

you, like most of the other commenters, either didn't see the interview or didn't follow along with what he said.

Not in these exact words, but he said as drivers if they want to get paid more they have to do a better job and that the track crew should work the same way. I believe the topic came up when they were talking about how good the track was and how much he liked how gundaker approaches the track prep asking drivers what they think.

I do agree with the OP tho, he seems to be complaining/whining alot this year.

i-pod
07-16-2018, 05:09 PM
Oakshade isn't in MichiganFor sure run weekly in MI.Tri CityCrystalMerrittThunderbirdI'm not sure if I96 or Butler does.I-96 runs them on Friday night's. Winston runs them when they are open which is not to often anymore.

Josh Bayko
07-16-2018, 05:24 PM

I'll Start
Wisconsin (none)
Iowa ( none)
Indiana (none)
Minnesota ( none)
Kansas (none)
Florida (none)
Michigan (Oakshade)
Nebraska (I-80??)
PA (Josh help us out)

PA:

Lernerville, Bedford, Thunder Mountain, Dog Hollow, Hummingbird, Port Royal, Selinsgrove and Eriez. Marion Center has been closed most of the year, but ther is chatter that it’s going to reopen in a couple weeks.

MI Dirt Fan
07-16-2018, 06:24 PM
I-96 runs them on Friday night's. Winston runs them when they are open which is not to often anymore.

Thanks. Didn't know I96 was weekly. I knew they were trying to.

GEAR_HEAD
07-16-2018, 06:25 PM
I agree with his track prep comment though. Laziness is a problem at a lot of tracks, with Oakshade being a perfect example of that over the weekend. If you can't figure out how to prep your track ask for help.

Illtsate32
07-16-2018, 06:37 PM
Ya Tri City was a one lane freight train the first go round there. With that being said theres not an exact science to making a racy track, its kinda like driving you make an educated guess and give it ur best shot. Sometimes it still just dont work out the way you want it to...lack of water or effort tho thats a different story...

george w
07-16-2018, 06:58 PM
Lucas oil also backed up what few complained about as a overall rough/character track overall at the show-me, I liked it yet some thought it was unacceptable ..... even with the threat of rain all weekend. They also improved ...... gotta give credit where it's due? Imo its outta character for tri-city to not be right.

Highside Hustler25
07-16-2018, 07:06 PM
Peoria Speedway and Tri City run open lates in Illinois Zonks. And yes, Pevely/I55 does as well.

GEAR_HEAD
07-16-2018, 08:11 PM
Ya Tri City was a one lane freight train the first go round there. With that being said theres not an exact science to making a racy track, its kinda like driving you make an educated guess and give it ur best shot. Sometimes it still just dont work out the way you want it to...lack of water or effort tho thats a different story...

Every race can't be spectacular, but the tracks owe it to everyone to make there's more than one groove. And if they're not using a disk or rotary harrow every week to prep the track then they're doing it wrong. Period.

TackyTracker
07-16-2018, 11:27 PM
TMAC needs to hang in there.. still won to huge races last year and probably should have Lucas title but now it's tough times and the memory gets soft..

At least I'm hoping he does because he's got talent and is a pleasure to have him around.. BTW all you big shooters could fund the team and call the shots??

MI Dirt Fan
07-16-2018, 11:30 PM
TMAC needs to hang in there.. still won to huge races last year and probably should have Lucas title but now it's tough times and the memory gets soft..

At least I'm hoping he does because he's got talent and is a pleasure to have him around.. BTW all you big shooters could fund the team and call the shots??

What makes you think he should have a Lucas title?

jcotton02
07-16-2018, 11:44 PM
What are the odds of going into the last race with the points lead and having two flat tires? I think that’s what he’s meaning. The odds are way up there.

Jim11h
07-16-2018, 11:57 PM
Why zonk, Oakshade might be close to Michigan but don't embarrasse it that bad. It's Ohio. Attica Wayne county, moler, atomic, Portsmouth, hilltop and when open southern Ohio, leg. Hilltop, midway & skyline run or recently ran supers weekly.

Not to be that guy but if gonna make point least have some of your story right lol. There's lotta talk of dying but I think it's a cycle that we'll see come back around some day

Zonks32x
07-17-2018, 12:06 AM
My apologies to all you fine folks from Ohio and Michigan on the Oakshade mix up.

Could've been worse...I could've been walking in Ann Arbor wearing Scarlet & Gray or been walking in Columbus wearing Maize & Blue. 😂

racecar1127
07-17-2018, 01:12 AM
Sycamore is only every other sat night I believe. Jet might know for sure

Jim11h
07-17-2018, 01:22 AM
Ohhhhhhh now getting into the real ju-ju type stuff....... On honest side, I think crates here to stay but have their place and think supers have their place. Look for example: sprints are410 sprints are hot bed in Ohio, PA, and Knoxville. They have them in other parts though. Non wing is huge out west & Indy areas. 360s huge in Midwest and few other areas. Crates tried to be done in Ohio at few places but wouldn't take. Supers will stay here for sure. Indy almost everything crate I can find. Guess we'll all just have to get our traveling shoes on eventually to see the cars we want. Some of us are just (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) lucky though. I can drive 3hrs any direction and find all forms racing and yes up here we start on time, no more than 4 divisions, run efficient shows, have hot laps heats and features for ALL divisions,! 😁😁

highgroove
07-17-2018, 01:39 AM
How much cheaper are steel block late models to run...a few tracks run them...

Jim11h
07-17-2018, 03:06 AM
Depends on rule's. You can bolt sb2 heads on a steel block. Good motor built probably 20k new?

Spike 188
07-17-2018, 08:18 AM
I spoke with him recently at a track during a Lucas race and told him I recently took retirement in my early 50’s and was looking to get back in racing again and asked him about driving hauler for him and he said they wouldn’t let him hire anyone else and there was no money so I don’t know if it’s longhorn or his other sponsors but he said things are very tight but thanks for your interest took my number and said he would call if something changes very down to earth guy he wants to win

Planetzer0
07-17-2018, 10:34 AM
I only said to stay in a modified because he complains about the cost of the late models. I enjoy seeing him wheel a late model but he doesn't strike me as the type the spends a'lot of time on his program. He doesnt seem dedicated to running better. Bloomquist spent all day Monday testing here in Iowa. Turning hundreds of laps trying to figure out a few things. I don't see McCreadie spending his off days doing that. Theres a reason drivers are better than others and its called preparation.

MI Dirt Fan
07-17-2018, 11:19 AM
But I thought he was in the Longhorn house car... Starting to think more and more it's actually the #49....

I see some local/regional stuff with a better setup that the "house" car.

Barbecueboy
07-17-2018, 11:33 AM
Doubtful the 49 looks anything like the cars that roll out of trinity, other than the sticker ........it's just a guess.

Kromulous
07-17-2018, 12:30 PM
Maybe he is grateful etc for being a racer for a living, you just gotta be careful how you come off to the fans.

I think its a big trap in life in general to concentrate on your problems. We all know that there are real problems in life, and some people have it a lot worse than others but remember there are guys out there right now, that would trade places with you on a dime.

I would like to see him win again, and a lot, but i think at the end of the day it lies in his hands.

Jackdawg
07-17-2018, 12:52 PM
Most of he drivers now want to show up and drive. I’ve heard from the Bowyer cars that there crew went and built them new cars and while there crews were working on there cars there home with there family’s. Same instance with T Mac. He moved all of his stuff to Longhorn and now he shows up at the track to drive then flys home. I think today if your going to be a successful racer you have to know every inch of your car. I think that’s why Bloomer has stayed on top of the sport for so long because he lives, eats, breaths racing. I’m not Bloomer fan by any means but some of these guys could learn something from him.

Barbecueboy
07-17-2018, 07:27 PM
Maybe he is grateful etc for being a racer for a living, you just gotta be careful how you come off to the fans.

I think its a big trap in life in general to concentrate on your problems. We all know that there are real problems in life, and some people have it a lot worse than others but remember there are guys out there right now, that would trade places with you on a dime.

I would like to see him win again, and a lot, but i think at the end of the day it lies in his hands.

Excellent post.....well written and even better thought out.

Too many people worry about what they don't have versus being thankful for what they do.

Mindwalker
07-17-2018, 07:33 PM
Amen!!^^^^

Zonks32x
07-17-2018, 09:09 PM
I only said to stay in a modified because he complains about the cost of the late models. I enjoy seeing him wheel a late model but he doesn't strike me as the type the spends a'lot of time on his program. He doesnt seem dedicated to running better. Bloomquist spent all day Monday testing here in Iowa. Turning hundreds of laps trying to figure out a few things. I don't see McCreadie spending his off days doing that. Theres a reason drivers are better than others and its called preparation.

I don't disagree, but let's go back to the post from the gentleman who asked T-mac about driving the hauler.

If the team has no $ to add a crew member, then what tree do they shake to find the $ so they can run hundreds of laps to test??

Not sure if we can solely categorize it as lack of dedication.

TUTY
07-17-2018, 09:24 PM
Always loved T-Mac but he played the no money no help the last 2 years of WOO.

dirty-white-boy
07-18-2018, 11:55 AM

I'll Start
Wisconsin (none)
Iowa ( none)
Indiana (none)
Minnesota ( none)
Kansas (none)
Florida (none)
Michigan (Oakshade)
Nebraska (I-80??)
PA (Josh help us out)

Great post. However the people that can make a difference are choosing to sit back and watch it implode...

MI Dirt Fan
07-18-2018, 12:02 PM
If you look at his post and pick out states such as FL, Kansas, Minnesota or even like Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana they aren't open motor LM areas and never really have been in the past. Either Sprints or Modifieds.

Clayton_Wetter
07-18-2018, 01:50 PM
Every race can't be spectacular, but the tracks owe it to everyone to make there's more than one groove. And if they're not using a disk or rotary harrow every week to prep the track then they're doing it wrong. Period.

I agree. Tracks like Oakshade and Brownstown are out to lunch on track prep and one has to wonder why. At Brownstown once in a Blue Moon they will get some water down in the track somewhat and have a pretty good track and then a few drivers complain and they go back to crap again. Not only does the racing quality suffer but the fans suffer too. Having to get covered in dirt and grit blasted in the eyes during every race. Breathing so much dust and rubber can't be good. One would think the crowds would drop off. And maybe they have considering what kind of crowds they would have if they would start prepping a good track surface. Myself I have only went one time this year and the track was a dry slick dust bowl as usual.

a25rjr
07-18-2018, 03:39 PM
If you look at his post and pick out states such as FL, Kansas, Minnesota or even like Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana they aren't open motor LM areas and never really have been in the past. Either Sprints or Modifieds.

True.....we haven't had supers in Fla for 30 plus years!