PDA

View Full Version : Scott Bloomquist has agreed to comply with World Racing Group's requirements

smoothoperator32
07-16-2018, 05:42 PM
from twitter

Scott has agreed to comply with World Racing Group's requirements that will take 30 days off of his 90 day suspension making him eligible to run the World 100.

-Team Zero
5:13 PM · Jul 16, 2018

Shiny Side Up 18
07-16-2018, 06:06 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f8/11/8e/f8118e838b3a19cef68ca3ee1523c844.jpg

Illtsate32
07-16-2018, 06:13 PM
Easy you might get hoosier mad for breaking the news so soon lol...jk hoosier...

TMaCiLLiNi39
07-16-2018, 06:27 PM
That's ok. I heard Tupac & Biggie Smalls Gonna help him with the issue. :)

Yeeeeaaaaahhhhhh..... that made absolutely no sense... smh

Mindwalker
07-16-2018, 07:06 PM
Yeeeeaaaaahhhhhh..... that made absolutely no sense... smh

Good jod Ernest. You picked up on that one. Lmao.....

BirkyTime15B
07-16-2018, 07:08 PM
That’ll be an easy win for Zero!

MEE
07-16-2018, 07:12 PM
What does ( comply with) consist of ??

chupp n bloomer fan
07-16-2018, 07:31 PM
What does ( comply with) consist of ??Go thru a rehab deal, and get a few drug tests during that period.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-16-2018, 07:32 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f8/11/8e/f8118e838b3a19cef68ca3ee1523c844.jpgExtra butter please.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-16-2018, 07:33 PM
Wife just asked me yesterday if he was going to race, said I dunno. Got my answer now, and glad he is.

Mindwalker
07-16-2018, 07:44 PM
He wont do well at all now without his magic potion!

I guess he'll get a haircut to, ya all happy?

a25rjr
07-16-2018, 08:37 PM
I wasn't trying to make any sense just like the stuff Scott does. Arriving late, Miss Spot in Qualifying Order, Miss Drug Test. When your that good that b.s. becomes a side show circus act.

And to quote PT Barnum...."there's a 4m sucker born every minute"! :)

Highside Hustler25
07-16-2018, 09:04 PM
Go thru a rehab deal, and get a few drug tests during that period.

I can see everybody now, sitting in a circle, and the long hair guy speaks up, :Hi, my name is Scott and I have a drug problem, but I was on different tires.

Mindwalker
07-16-2018, 09:08 PM
I can see everybody now, sitting in a circle, and the long hair guy speaks up, :Hi, my name is Scott and I have a drug problem, but I was on different tires.

Hahahahahahahaha

chupp n bloomer fan
07-16-2018, 09:24 PM
I can see everybody now, sitting in a circle, and the long hair guy speaks up, :Hi, my name is Scott and I have a drug problem, but I was on different tires.Lol, copy.

MI Dirt Fan
07-16-2018, 09:26 PM
Seeing that he won the Dream, I smell a payoff to get him to be at the World....

quickbiscuit
07-16-2018, 09:46 PM
It's a drug and alcohol education program. Much different from rehab.

Mindwalker
07-16-2018, 09:50 PM
I bet he teaches them a thing or two... Hahahahahahahaha

TMaCiLLiNi39
07-16-2018, 09:58 PM
And to quote PT Barnum...."there's a 4m sucker born every minute"! :)

And he’s the biggest sucker the 4m has...

Clayton_Wetter
07-16-2018, 09:58 PM
Extra butter please.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5006630dc4aa3dba7737ef40/t/56994c15b20943af6e2382bb/1452887081674/

Mindwalker
07-16-2018, 10:26 PM
Wetter butter, amazing...

Cardirt0
07-16-2018, 10:41 PM

He starts speaking race car and tires. They think hes Nuts not on drugs LOL

Josh Bayko
07-16-2018, 10:42 PM
Doesn’t this imply that Scott does actually have a substance abuse problem?

Cardirt0
07-16-2018, 10:50 PM
I dont think so, You can say I will do it, (go to class) But not have to amet you did. and pass the Tests

Mindwalker
07-16-2018, 10:52 PM
All it "implies" is, he is being compliant. You, thay... got nothing on him Josh. 😉

Mindwalker
07-16-2018, 10:56 PM
I dont think so, You can say I will do it, (go to class) But not have to amet you did. and pass the Tests

The he ll? Lol

TackyTracker
07-16-2018, 11:03 PM
get some help dude

Mindwalker
07-16-2018, 11:07 PM
Help!!! Hahahahahahahaha

Josh Bayko
07-16-2018, 11:09 PM
All it "implies" is, he is being compliant. You, thay... got nothing on him Josh. 

Being compliant in this case means attending a rehab program.

HIGH ROLLER
07-16-2018, 11:15 PM
get some help dude

His son will be back tomarrow to help heal him

Mindwalker
07-16-2018, 11:47 PM
His son will be back tomarrow to help heal him

You say tomarrow I say tomorrow. You say tomato and I say tomater. Tomato tomater, tomarrow tomorrow. .. Lets call the whole thing off. Hahahahahahahaha

Mindwalker
07-17-2018, 12:00 AM
Being compliant in this case means attending a rehab program.

Nonsense JB. We all know Bloomer don't do dope! His pit chief would kick the snort out of him!! 😀

Zonks32x
07-17-2018, 12:10 AM
Hey Hoosier, is there a pageant for Miss Drug Test??

I'll bet the talent portion of the competition is p!$$ pour...

TMaCiLLiNi39
07-17-2018, 12:57 AM
Not sure but I think if there was one it should be called "Ways to Skip Out on a Drug Test Talent Show" :).

Another epic fail by this chode...

chupp n bloomer fan
07-17-2018, 03:52 AM
On one hand, yes it does. On the other, you are appeasing the powers that be so you can race.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-17-2018, 03:54 AM
Rehab, drug education program, wtf ever, implies you got issues with drugs/alcohol and need help. I think he’s doing it for the wrong reasons, but either way, good.

Highside Hustler25
07-17-2018, 04:44 AM
Generally the first phase of a drug or alcohol problem is admitting you have a drug/and or alcohol problem. If you can't admit you have a problem, you can't be rehabilitated or pass the class. So...

ksmitty79
07-17-2018, 05:32 AM
Wouldn’t say he has a Drug problem because he is going through with the protocol for WRG. The company I work for does Alcohol/Drug assessments for students that break the schools Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs policy’s that the school has in place. Would I say those individuals are addicts not necessarily.

Another example, you get busted for drinking in public or public intoxication the judge can order you to take an assessment and even order you to go to AA meetings ect..

If the man has a drug issue it is what it is. No need to throw stones. It’s a disease! Science tells us that..h. ttps://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/media-guide/science-drug-abuse-addiction-basics

It’s time for some of you all to grow up!

And just for the record I am not a Scott fan

a25rjr
07-17-2018, 08:20 AM
Scotts always had a drug problem. He's had an addiction going on 50 years. Jd and Pierce have tried it occasionally, but can't consume enough to stay up with Scott. But its finally caught up with Bloomer and now he must confess his ongoing and addictive appetite for .......SPEED!

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-17-2018, 08:44 AM
ksmitty, Disease my butt! Cooking your brain with drugs, to make it want drugs, is no disease. Is it a disease if I blow my hand off with fireworks? It is not. If I fry my retina while welding, do I have glaucoma? No. Calling it a disease is no different than giving everyone a trophy. Calling it a disease is a way to force health insurance to cover methodone and rehab.

fastford
07-17-2018, 08:46 AM
good one a25 , i use to be on it but guess i got rehabilitated....lol.....

quickbiscuit
07-17-2018, 08:46 AM
This deal with the WRG is just a money making scam. They get their $1,000 and somebody's cousin or buddy gets rich for putting on the drug education class. Guaranteed somebody is getting their pocket padded for putting on this foolish little class about how drugs are bad. It's just like going to traffic school to get your ticket dismissed. Pay the man and you're off the hook. More proof that WRG is a joke.

getinit
07-17-2018, 08:56 AM
This deal with the WRG is just a money making scam. They get their $1,000 and somebody's cousin or buddy gets rich for putting on the drug education class. Guaranteed somebody is getting their pocket padded for putting on this foolish little class about how drugs are bad. It's just like going to traffic school to get your ticket dismissed. Pay the man and you're off the hook. More proof that WRG is a joke.

WRG and their rules maybe a joke, but if guys don't like the foolish rules they don't have to race with them.

getinit
07-17-2018, 09:00 AM
ksmitty, Disease my butt! Cooking your brain with drugs, to make it want drugs, is no disease. Is it a disease if I blow my hand off with fireworks? It is not. If I fry my retina while welding, do I have glaucoma? No. Calling it a disease is no different than giving everyone a trophy. Calling it a disease is a way to force health insurance to cover methodone and rehab.

I agree 100% and to take it a little further, calling it a disease is a way to blame someone else for your own bad choices.

jeffreymo
07-17-2018, 09:10 AM

You never cease to amaze me with the ridiculous chit you say on this forum. Clearly you've never had a loved one be affected by drug addiction.

Cardirt0
07-17-2018, 10:24 AM
Having been in the Pits for years. Helped a lot of teams. I have seen drivers on there 5 or 6 beer by the big race. Seen some Rip (smoke) one be for the big race. Know one that was on so meany Pain pills that would kill some. Did I turn them in No. nor did the 50 or so other people that know-ed did ether.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-17-2018, 12:41 PM
You never cease to amaze me with the ridiculous chit you say on this forum. Clearly you've never had a loved one be affected by drug addiction.

Its a tragedy. Its not a disease. Your opinion of me is yours and not shared by many.

MI Dirt Fan
07-17-2018, 12:47 PM
Having been in the Pits for years. Helped a lot of teams. I have seen drivers on there 5 or 6 beer by the big race. Seen some Rip (smoke) one be for the big race. Know one that was on so meany Pain pills that would kill some. Did I turn them in No. nor did the 50 or so other people that know-ed did ether.

That's what I've been saying. People would be surprised what goes on at thier local track. I bet almost half if not more would struggle to pass any kind of drug testing at certain times.

NormP
07-17-2018, 04:35 PM

So what germ or bacteria infects you and causes you to take that first bump of coke? How do I catch this disease? Is it contagious? How do I protect myself from contracting this "disease?"

And before you throw the "loved one" sob story at me, let me tell you a little story--my first cousin lived with me when I got out of school, he was as clean as a whistle when he moved in.

He started using drugs because he had a weak will and was not strong enough to handle peer pressure from the crowd he ran with at his new job, not because he caught a "disease." No family history of drug or even alcohol abuse, no genetics, nothing to make him a drug addict. I moved out when I found out he was using. Before it was all said and done he had lost 2-3 jobs and ended up with a few felony convictions from committing burglaries to support his habit. Now Doctor Jeffrey, diagnose this "disease" for me and his parents.

jeffreymo
07-17-2018, 04:48 PM
So what germ or bacteria infects you and causes you to take that first bump of coke? How do I catch this disease? Is it contagious? How do I protect myself from contracting this "disease?"

And before you throw the "loved one" sob story at me, let me tell you a little story--my first cousin lived with me when I got out of school, he was as clean as a whistle when he moved in.

He started using drugs because he had a weak will and was not strong enough to handle peer pressure from the crowd he ran with at his new job, not because he caught a "disease." No family history of drug or even alcohol abuse, no genetics, nothing to make him a drug addict. I moved out when I found out he was using. Before it was all said and done he had lost 2-3 jobs and ended up with a few felony convictions from committing burglaries to support his habit. Now Doctor Jeffrey, diagnose this "disease" for me and his parents.

Calm down, tool. First show me where I said it is a disease, then we'll go from there...

ksmitty79
07-17-2018, 04:51 PM

Lol might as well go and get you some whisker do’s and splien splitters because clearly you did not or could not comprehend the link that was provided. I would gladly provide you several other medical journals that debunk your arguement.

ksmitty79
07-17-2018, 04:57 PM
Maybe this will help some

https://www.recoveryfirst.org/why-addiction-is-a-disease/

MILLER7FAN
07-17-2018, 05:17 PM
WTF is this thread? I thought this was a DLM forum, but now I feel like i may need to go to a meeting

ksmitty79
07-17-2018, 05:20 PM
WTF is this thread? I thought this was a DLM forum, but now I feel like i may need to go to a meeting

Top post award!

NormP
07-17-2018, 05:37 PM
Calm down, tool. First show me where I said it is a disease, then we'll go from there...

I'm calm. You're the one getting your panties in a wad when someone says something that upsets you. I guess when you don't have a logical argument, you have to resort to name calling. About what I expected.

MI Dirt Fan
07-17-2018, 05:41 PM

Classes are full until January 2019....😂😂😂

jeffreymo
07-17-2018, 05:48 PM
I'm calm. You're the one getting your panties in a wad when someone says something that upsets you. I guess when you don't have a logical argument, you have to resort to name calling. About what I expected.

Again, show me where I said that it was a disease and we'll go from there. Until then, you're just running your mouth, which, based off of your posting history, is just par for the course, so I don't really expect much else, and makes your name calling comment quite ironic.

Highside Hustler25
07-17-2018, 05:56 PM
Man, I love this neighborhood:cool:

Illtsate32
07-17-2018, 05:57 PM
Its a tragedy. Its not a disease. Your opinion of me is yours and not shared by many.

Depends on how you define disease, once your body is addicted it is def an illness, both physically and mentally...

MI Dirt Fan
07-17-2018, 06:02 PM
Man, I love this neighborhood:cool:

Keep your shades shut. No one wants to see that... 😂😂😂🙄🙄🙄

Illtsate32
07-17-2018, 06:26 PM

Classes will be held by a licensed drug abuse counselor, and there will be an NA/AA meeting held at least once during the class...and he WILL say, my name is Scott and Im an addict, or recovering addict. If he dont they will add more classes and say he is in denial, kind of like you are in your comment trying to downplay the situation lol...

chupp n bloomer fan
07-17-2018, 06:53 PM
ksmitty, Disease my butt! Cooking your brain with drugs, to make it want drugs, is no disease. Is it a disease if I blow my hand off with fireworks? It is not. If I fry my retina while welding, do I have glaucoma? No. Calling it a disease is no different than giving everyone a trophy. Calling it a disease is a way to force health insurance to cover methodone and rehab.Well. I get it, you don’t see it as a disease, but it is. Do I agree the people have a weak will, are not smart, and cannot figure out they need to change who they associate with, yes.

I’m speaking as someone who has done every drug pretty much, but heroin, crack, and oxy. And has had multiple family members in and out of rehab, or are flaming 50 year old drunks.

At first, no it is not a disease, it is a choice. Like the examples you gave. But then, before these people know it, I quit before this point, priorities, they become addicted. And it is a disease and they cannot get off of it. Sad, stupid, makes you angry, sure. But having sampled most drugs, I can understand how it becomes an addiction/disease.

I guess some will never agree it becomes a disease, but seeing it first hand, I would have to say it progresses into a disease. Some, have the will to just quit, some, it takes rehab/jail/tragedy, others, never going to change.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-17-2018, 06:57 PM
WTF is this thread? I thought this was a DLM forum, but now I feel like i may need to go to a meetingWe are scheduling now, classes are filling up quick. I hear, you spot the scheduler, me, an eight ball, you can be ahead of everyone else.:) We will get you all straightened out and make sure you leave chanting Bloomer our God, Savior, and Messiah.:)

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-17-2018, 07:05 PM
Chup,

I know it is called a disease. There are also like 20 genders now. Doesn't make it so. Lol. I don't see how one form of self mutilation is a disease, but no others are. I get what you are saying, but the concept is laughable to me. It was done long ago to game insurance.

Mindwalker
07-17-2018, 07:28 PM
I feel like I want to try some dope now. All this talk has got me curious.

Barbecueboy
07-17-2018, 07:40 PM

Unfortunately , health insurance itself is the disease.

its horribly corrupt , drives the cost of good medicine through the roof and allows the Drs and surgeons to abuse the system ( the insurance and health care system).

Ever wonder why there isn't a posted rate schedule for services rendered? Ever see one?

Other than your doctor or hospital , do you ever in your life agree for any service performed or product bought without knowing the price first?......it's a very diseased system.

Stefan2k4
07-17-2018, 07:42 PM
Scotts always had a drug problem. He's had an addiction going on 50 years. Jd and Pierce have tried it occasionally, but can't consume enough to stay up with Scott. But its finally caught up with Bloomer and now he must confess his ongoing and addictive appetite for .......SPEED https://youtu.be/9q5pl0Nf1Uk
When I get high, I get high on speed. Top fuel funny car's the drug for me. My heart! My heart! Kick start my heart! In Scott's case, it's late model dirt cars. But, I bet given the chance, he wouldn't hesitate to strap into a Nitro Funny car. He's the John Force of dirt!

billetbirdcage
07-17-2018, 07:45 PM
chupp n bloomer fan

So a disease and addiction are the same thing? I know where you coming from but I look at it this way.

A person can choose to stop drinking or drugs, but someone with cancer just can't stop taking cancer. Not saying it's easy, but you can physically stop taking that stuff. Where with a disease you can't just stop doing something to get rid of most of the effects of the disease.

Also not saying a addiction doesn't require medical help.

Illtsate32
07-17-2018, 07:48 PM
BBQ, ive heard stories about chop shop drug rehabs that will recruit people with good health benifits knock your insurance for 30-40k give you 5-10k kickback for doing it and referring others...aint that crazy? It happens...

Mindwalker
07-17-2018, 07:49 PM
https://youtu.be/9q5pl0Nf1Uk
Yes sir! That, is what I'm talkin' bout!! "😄"

Barbecueboy
07-17-2018, 07:53 PM

I'm kind of on the fence as to what it should be labeled.......but labeled or not most human beings want to see other human beings doing ok and not suffering.

As many study's have shown........many many many addicts got hooked on the bad stuff because they could no longer get the good stuff from the doctors.

I'm not condoning any of it, I would love to think I'm strong willed enough to say I would never ever get hooked on a drug, and so far have been lucky enough and stubborn enough to not be owned by anyone or anything.( the 80s were a little shaky for me)

I'm of the opinion that Addiction is a disease just like mental illness is a disease, just like anorexia is a disease, just like cancer is a disease and so on.........the patient always has to do his part with the process though.

Most addicts just don't really want to get better though because the place they feel the safest and best at happens when they are high.

Illtsate32
07-17-2018, 07:55 PM
chupp n bloomer fan

So a disease and addiction are the same thing? I know where you coming from but I look at it this way.

A person can choose to stop drinking or drugs, but someone with cancer just can't stop taking cancer. Not saying it's easy, but you can physically stop taking that stuff. Where with a disease you can't just stop doing something to get rid of most of the effects of the disease.

Also not saying a addiction doesn't require medical help.

Addiction is a temporary mental illness, it is a disease of the mind, it does dilapidate ur health and quality of life, just like a cancer or other disease. Is it self inflicted, yes, but so is lung cancer from smoking and cirrhosis from drinking, but nobody calls them a pos and degrades them when they need help...

Mindwalker
07-17-2018, 07:59 PM
Thats sad bbq.... I really feel for those who have a drug addiction.

Barbecueboy
07-17-2018, 08:01 PM

Obesity? Do you think it's a disease or like your scenario above just think it's self inflicted by a weak minded individual.

Alcoholism?? A disease or just another self inflicted effect of a weak minded individual??

Maybe disease is the wrong word, but it's certainly an illness ( maybe more mental) where a certain person needs help professionally.

The diseases you get from being an alcoholic, obese, anorexic etcetera are real......it's all cause and effect.

Barbecueboy
07-17-2018, 08:10 PM
Thats sad bbq.... I really feel for those who have a drug addiction.

There are many levels of addiction.......it's not a one size fits all coat.

It's sad to watch, especially if it's someone you are close too.

Barbecueboy
07-17-2018, 08:13 PM
And ps, don't even get me started on tobacco addiction.........say what you want, but when you can't put them down, plan your day around them and can't wait until your next drag, it's an addiction that you need help with before the disease that comes with it hits you.

Illtsate32
07-17-2018, 08:19 PM
Agree with everything you said BBQ, addictions arent just limited to drug and alcohol, there are many facets to it, but drug and alcohol is the one that most people think that everyone that suffers from it must lack moral values, which isnt true...

Mindwalker
07-17-2018, 08:22 PM
There are many levels of addiction.......it's not a one size fits all coat.

It's sad to watch, especially if it's someone you are close too.

I've been blessed those close to me except one of my old friends (bad alcoholic) doesn't have an addiction problem, that im aware of.

Cardirt0
07-17-2018, 08:24 PM
Chup,

I know it is called a disease. There are also like 20 genders now. Doesn't make it so. Lol. I don't see how one form of self mutilation is a disease, but no others are. I get what you are saying, but the concept is laughable to me. It was done long ago to game insurance.

So someone who cuts them self does not have a Disease. Have someone in you F that does it and see how you feel about it then. I do and its a Disease.

Mindwalker
07-17-2018, 08:25 PM
Nicotine is a serious addiction problem. Don't anyone kid yourselves....

Barbecueboy
07-17-2018, 08:32 PM

One of the worst........but everyone that smokes will deny it.

Mindwalker
07-17-2018, 08:35 PM
Or dips....

Josh Bayko
07-17-2018, 08:48 PM

I’m a smoker and I can agree with that. Have tried to quit a bunch of times and I can’t kick it. And in my youth I did lots of drugs and never got hooked on any of it.

Mud Packer
07-17-2018, 09:01 PM
Whether you term it an addiction or a disease, I see the effects of all of these on a daily basis. I see the effect on the family and friends especially children. I'm always sad to see parents dying of lung cancer who's kids smoke as much as they did. Unfortunately they were raised with it. Same with obesity. Kids learn from their parent both good and bad.

Drugs seem to be the same way. So many with drug addiction have followed in their parents footsteps. Some seek help while so many others don't see that they have a problem. It's the reality of America today.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-17-2018, 09:02 PM
chupp n bloomer fan

Also not saying a addiction doesn't require medical help.A lot of the ones who are drug addicts(including alcohol and cigarettes), cannot just stop. And also, a lot of your cancers are self inflicted. My fathers was not, but a lot are.

Depends. To me, it starts as an addiction, you just think ya need it to feel better etc., and turns into a disease. Where not having it causes you physical harm, and mental harm.

ksmitty79
07-17-2018, 10:05 PM
For your reading pleasure.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/how-addiction-hijacks-the-brain

CageFaraday
07-18-2018, 08:27 AM
It's a drug and alcohol education program. Much different from rehab.

We had that class as one of the requirements to graduate high school. This is priceless, I'm not a Bloomquist fan or hater, but this really does demonstrate the farce that is the WRG/WoO drug testing program. If this had been Joe Schmo he'd be branded a compatriot of El Chappo and tarred and feathered on social media to the point of leaving the sport by WRG/WoO. But in true political fashion a negotiation was made and he goes to a class on the dangers of drug & alcohol use. Yes, my friends you are all safer now that the evil villian has to go to a class on the evils of dope, that I'm sure he was unaware of. I have tears I'm laughing so hard right now at all those holier than thou clean up the sport freaks.

Highside Hustler25
07-18-2018, 08:59 AM
We had that class as one of the requirements to graduate high school. This is priceless, I'm not a Bloomquist fan or hater, but this really does demonstrate the farce that is the WRG/WoO drug testing program. If this had been Joe Schmo he'd be branded a compatriot of El Chappo and tarred and feathered on social media to the point of leaving the sport by WRG/WoO. But in true political fashion a negotiation was made and he goes to a class on the dangers of drug & alcohol use. Yes, my friends you are all safer now that the evil villian has to go to a class on the evils of dope, that I'm sure he was unaware of. I have tears I'm laughing so hard right now at all those holier than thou clean up the sport freaks.

Is this your homework Larry ???

Illtsate32
07-18-2018, 09:16 AM
To all the people in denial about this, the class is not a one and done, the minimum time for this class is about a week long, it is absolutely a form of rehab, its outpatient, but still rehab. The way some of you people minimize things on here some of you might need a little lol...

Barbecueboy
07-18-2018, 10:11 AM
So when does rehab start for the guys that fail the Tire testing farce?

Illtsate32
07-18-2018, 10:37 AM
BBQ them guys gotta take the victims impact panel class where people come in and talk to you about how tire testing has destroyed their life, how they got cancer from all the toxic substances from it lol...

CageFaraday
07-18-2018, 01:54 PM
Is this your homework Larry ???

No, but I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock. With nail polish.

Mantis
07-18-2018, 01:59 PM
These type of deals are usually done in a classroom type setting and I keep picturing Bloomer sitting in a school chair with his fire suit on......lol.

CageFaraday
07-18-2018, 02:14 PM
To all the people in denial about this, the class is not a one and done, the minimum time for this class is about a week long, it is absolutely a form of rehab, its outpatient, but still rehab. The way some of you people minimize things on here some of you might need a little lol...

What? A whole week, say it ain't so. We took it for an entire semester and listening to people cry over what drugs did to them is NOT rehab, but it is funny you think so. Maybe next week he can sign up for CPR and feel up the resuscitation dummy. I believe her name was, Annie and her number was (555)867-5309. She and her sister Jenny share the same number. To me this is like telling a guy who served time for murder that if he kills again they may just make him take anger management, so he better straighten up and fly right. Its nothing but a political game being played out, there is nothing real or sincere about it. The drug testing is just show to appease those who think the boogie man is still under the bed. In my parents day, it was, "Refer Madness". When I came along it was evil drug dealers on the playground. Anybody who is an adult and gone thru school knows drugs aren't usually forced on you, its a choice. I will say, one of the movies I saw in my drug & alcohol awareness class did have an effect on how I made my choice when the time came, but I was 15 and hadn't already been down that road. They showed us a film from the ER and psych wards of some hospitals in the 70's. Several OD's, but the one that got my attention was this young guy about 19 or 20, I forget what he took, but mentally he never came back. He just sat in the corner of his room singing Andy Gibb songs because that was who he thought he was. I never wanted to risk that happening to me and never was tempted to try any drugs. But its different for Bloomy, he's in his 50's and knows the downside, listening to someone else cry about there wasted years(Iron Maiden) I doubt would have an impact. So to me he's getting rehab-lite, without the official stigma or admitting to anything.

Illtsate32
07-18-2018, 02:39 PM
Yes its just you who thinks that. Ur still in denial another semester for you lol, when you dont admit you have a problem it just makes the the counselors and everyone around you think you are the biggest junkie in the room...because after all, theres a reason you are sitting in a drug and alcohol class and its not for helping old ladies across the street. The stigma was already there brother, even before he got ordered to rehab...

Illtsate32
07-18-2018, 02:41 PM
And addiction doesnt discriminate age means nothing...

Clayton_Wetter
07-18-2018, 05:37 PM
You can't make this stuff up. Well I guess you have.