PDA

View Full Version : Epj

amusall
07-18-2018, 06:37 AM
What’s everyone’s thoughts on his performance this year? I’ve never really been a fan but haven’t disliked him either. I do enjoy seeing him run better this year. Looks like he might be in the mix for the championship.....

Snake X3
07-18-2018, 06:54 AM
I'm pleasantly surprised with his performance this season. Lucas is so incredibly deep this year and he has rebounded from 5 years of struggles to win 4 races at the half way point WITH a new team. I found it hard to believe he forgot how to drive and you have to give Ronnie Stuckey major props for giving him a car he can win with. It makes me wonder what was going on at Dunn Benson in years past.

He is definitely in the mix for the Lucas title this year. This recent hot streak has made it a four way race, which is exactly the sort of thing I was hoping for at the start of the year. Now if Bobby Pierce can get on a roll we may have a five way battle.

EPJ is a class act. I wish him all the best and may the best man win.

Kwd1253
07-18-2018, 06:56 AM
I’m not huge fan of epj but do like see him run good tho. Epj and Ronnie look like they really good relationship and it’s been good move them working together. Hope they stay together and keep building off this. Helps Ronnie out with new chassis designs for costumers. A win, win deal at the of day for epj and Ronnie.

Tireguy17
07-18-2018, 07:06 AM
EPJ's recent success as well as O'Neal's, adds to the confusion of what's wrong with Lanigan...?

Hoosier_Dirt
07-18-2018, 07:19 AM
Epj has been running good, but I think if Pierce had not went off the front stretch he would have won last night. Both I feel could be in the championship hunt.

TUTY
07-18-2018, 07:31 AM
Congrats to EPJ.

a25rjr
07-18-2018, 07:40 AM
Congrats to my ole washed up buddy!

I guess the driver wasn't the missing link at DB!

Jking24
07-18-2018, 07:45 AM
Enough can't be said for having a good crew cheif it takes alot more than a great driver now days their are things that just can't be felt from the drivers seat by 99%of all drivers their are maybe 2 guys in the country who can compete at the top level without a crew good cheif watching the car and working with them in the changes. And one of them two guys test enough to make up the difference lol. Great for Stuckey and epj good to see another fast car in the mix

smoothoperator32
07-18-2018, 08:28 AM
Epj has been running good, but I think if Pierce had not went off the front stretch he would have won last night. Both I feel could be in the championship hunt.

It is Bobby 's job to stay on the race track we will never know if that cost him the race. I to think these 2 will be in the championship hunt at the end of the season baring anymore DNF's. Bobby knocked off close to 100pts off of the leaders points in 3 races. Congrats to epj on the win he earned it.

MI Dirt Fan
07-18-2018, 08:34 AM
Whether or not Pierce was leading last night one more lap maybe two and he wouldn't have finished.

Dlmfan123
07-18-2018, 08:40 AM
Hudson is getting pretty dang good at running around the bottom as well

Highside Hustler25
07-18-2018, 08:55 AM
I did not expect Earl to be as fast as he has been this year. Great to see him running up front.

Illtsate32
07-18-2018, 08:59 AM
Ya when EPJ caught the lap car with 2-3 to go it was Pierces race to lose, and he did just that by going over the berm...easy for me to say but he should of changed his line off of 4 when he seen how much EPJ was gaining on him there...

Illtsate32
07-18-2018, 09:01 AM
Congrats to EPJ and Stuckey they got that car rolling, good to see...

fastford
07-18-2018, 09:59 AM
so is stuckey building his own chassis design now ? I thought he was just tweaking a rocket to his taste.....

Barbecueboy
07-18-2018, 10:09 AM
Congrats to my ole washed up buddy!

I guess the driver wasn't the missing link at DB!

I thought he was only washed up when he went hunting?:)

Always been a fan, will always be a fan.

Kwd1253
07-18-2018, 11:49 AM
so is stuckey building his own chassis design now ? I thought he was just tweaking a rocket to his taste.....

How much Stuckey ideas was in them rockets when he was working with them. That should be question you should be asking. After Stuckey left, rocket wasn’t keeping like taking about until they paid Kevin help them out with xr1.

fastford
07-18-2018, 12:36 PM
so , in turn , did that info from rumley migrate back to stuckey? but either way my question was and still is, Is stuckey building his own design or building rockets ?

a25rjr
07-18-2018, 01:19 PM
Ya when EPJ caught the lap car with 2-3 to go it was Pierces race to lose, and he did just that by going over the berm...easy for me to say but he should of changed his line off of 4 when he seen how much EPJ was gaining on him there...

If you watch the DoD video, Bobby had a stuck throttle from about lap 5. That's pretty impressive for him to stay in the lead that long.....kudos to him!

ptown
07-18-2018, 03:41 PM
Whether or not Pierce was leading last night one more lap maybe two and he wouldn't have finished.

Throttle sticking, more crew incompetence.

Krooser
07-19-2018, 08:04 AM
Always thought EPJ was a good dude...laid back Southern Gentleman.

kazual
07-19-2018, 10:45 AM
Good for that team, Earl is a good spokesperson for dirt racing. I could have missed it at Wheatland last weekend but not a lot of exchange with him and Bloomquist when they did the podium picture. Ziegler and he exchanged words and handshakes as did Mason did with Scott. Nothing between Earl and Scott, as if the other one didn’t exist.

NormP
07-19-2018, 10:53 AM
so , in turn , did that info from rumley migrate back to stuckey? but either way my question was and still is, Is stuckey building his own design or building rockets ?

Stuckey has been building Black Diamonds for a couple years now. Probably as much his design as it was Lanigan's.

Hoosier_Dirt
07-19-2018, 11:18 AM
Yeah, I toops say it's more (way more) Stuckey than Lanigan. Stuckey is a sharp guy on chassis and setups.

Planetzer0
07-19-2018, 03:56 PM
Big loss for Dunn Benson losing Pearson. He's a great wheelman. Now they have to cheat tires to run up front. LMAO