PDA

View Full Version : USA NATIONALS Cedar Lake roll call and Fansfund drivers.

TUTY
07-19-2018, 07:52 PM
14 Car invite from tha Fansfund.

NEW DRIVERS
Austin Theiss
Al Humphrey
Rob Mayea
Craig Vosbergen
Jared Miley
Joe Godsey
Hudson O'Neil
GR Smith

ALL STAR DRIVERS
Jason Feger
Brian Shirley
Chris Simpson
Ricky Weiss

BONUS DRIVERS
Dale McDowell
Bobby Pierce

WOO DRIVERS
Mike Marlar
Shane Clanton
Tyler Erb
Brandon Shepard
Devin Moran
Chris Madden
Brett Larson
Rick Eckert
David Breazeale

DRIVERS EXPECTED
Chad Simpson
Jimmy Mars
Brian Birkhofer ?
Chase Jurghans
Jordan Yaggy
Nick Anvelink
Tyler Bruening
John Kaanta
Pat Doar
Paul Parker
Jason Rauen
A J Diemel
Chris Speaker
Steven Roberts 37
Lance Matthess
Superman
The Real Deal
Kid Rocket
Frank Heckenast Jr
EPJ
Kent Robinson
Shannon Babb
The O Show
Dennis Erb Jr

****Thats 47 Cars****

Dlmfan123
07-19-2018, 08:29 PM
Good for Jared miley! Hope they run good out there

Zonks32x
07-20-2018, 12:07 AM
Car count has hovered right around 50 last few years.

I would expect about the same this year.

Be nice if Birky is there. All the Iowa fans will love that.

I would expect to see Moyer there too.

No Bloomer this year. If I were him, I'd just show up with the
t-shirt trailer. He always sells a ton of merch up there.

Zonks32x
07-20-2018, 12:33 AM
Add Scott James (per his website)

GregA12
07-20-2018, 02:51 AM

NEW DRIVERS
Austin Theiss
Al Humphrey
Rob Mayea
Craig Vosbergen
Jared Miley
Joe Godsey
Hudson O'Neil
GR Smith

ALL STAR DRIVERS
Jason Feger
Brian Shirley
Chris Simpson
Ricky Weiss

BONUS DRIVERS
Dale McDowell
Bobby Pierce

WOO DRIVERS
Mike Marlar
Shane Clanton
Tyler Erb
Brandon Shepard
Devin Moran
Chris Madden
Brett Larson
Rick Eckert
David Breazeale

DRIVERS EXPECTED
Chad Simpson
Jimmy Mars
Brian Birkhofer ?
Chase Jurghans
Jordan Yaggy
Nick Anvelink
Tyler Bruening
John Kaanta
Pat Doar
Paul Parker
Jason Rauen
A J Diemel
Chris Speaker
Steven Roberts 37
Lance Matthess
Superman
The Real Deal
Kid Rocket
Frank Heckenast Jr
EPJ
Kent Robinson
Shannon Babb
The O Show
Dennis Erb Jr

****Thats 47 Cars****

I don't think Kanata will be healed up yet. Even if he is, I think he'll only compete in the NASCAR Late Models.

GregA12
07-20-2018, 02:53 AM
Add Scott James (per his website)

Cedar Lake is a Scott James kind of track- throttle mashers (at least in the heats and early part of the a main)

GregA12
07-20-2018, 03:06 AM
Car count has hovered right around 50 last few years.

I would expect about the same this year.

Be nice if Birky is there. All the Iowa fans will love that.

I would expect to see Moyer there too.

No Bloomer this year. If I were him, I'd just show up with the
t-shirt trailer. He always sells a ton of merch up there.

WRG really needs to revise their policies. There's gotta be a better way than suspensions like this for punishment. Way more people than just the driver get hurt out of that deal.

zyoung25
07-20-2018, 03:28 AM
It was said on Birkys fan page that he would not be at cedar lake. They have a family trip planned for that weekend.

Tireguy17
07-20-2018, 02:17 PM
Love to see Scott put someone in his car for this weekend and be there as a car owner.

TUTY
07-20-2018, 02:47 PM
Unfortunately they only had 42 cars last year.

TUTY
07-20-2018, 02:48 PM
Friday Qualifying night is now Double Heat races like the Silver Dollar Nationals.

TUTY
07-20-2018, 04:16 PM
Yes add Billy Moyer

TUTY
07-20-2018, 04:35 PM
Add Kyle Bronson

dirty-white-boy
07-20-2018, 04:55 PM

NEW DRIVERS
Austin Theiss
Al Humphrey
Rob Mayea
Craig Vosbergen
Jared Miley
Joe Godsey
Hudson O'Neil
GR Smith

ALL STAR DRIVERS
Jason Feger
Brian Shirley
Chris Simpson
Ricky Weiss

BONUS DRIVERS
Dale McDowell
Bobby Pierce

WOO DRIVERS
Mike Marlar
Shane Clanton
Tyler Erb
Brandon Shepard
Devin Moran
Chris Madden
Brett Larson
Rick Eckert
David Breazeale

DRIVERS EXPECTED
Chad Simpson
Jimmy Mars
Brian Birkhofer ?
Chase Jurghans
Jordan Yaggy
Nick Anvelink
Tyler Bruening
John Kaanta
Pat Doar
Paul Parker
Jason Rauen
A J Diemel
Chris Speaker
Steven Roberts 37
Lance Matthess
Superman
The Real Deal
Kid Rocket
Frank Heckenast Jr
EPJ
Kent Robinson
Shannon Babb
The O Show
Dennis Erb Jr

****Thats 47 Cars****

Awesome! Feger needs the cash!! Just listen to any recent interview!

Tmac was not voted in? He needs cash really bad too. Again, just listen to any recent interview.

Bobby is broke after his whole team took a lie detector

TUTY
07-21-2018, 10:42 AM
Should be a great show. I like the double Heats from a Fans perspective.

TUTY
07-22-2018, 03:59 PM
Add Darrel Lanagan

plunks7
07-23-2018, 05:07 PM
Darrel Nelson, Tim Isenberg

Birky.Fan
07-24-2018, 03:30 PM
Take Josh Richards off per DoD.

TUTY
07-24-2018, 05:17 PM
I thought that might happen with there cars all beat up. Hopefully they get 50 Cars this year. Cedar Lake is not very close to anything.

Zonks32x
07-24-2018, 07:58 PM
I thought that might happen with there cars all beat up. Hopefully they get 50 Cars this year. Cedar Lake is not very close to anything.

TUTY,

The Twin Cities are 35 minutes away. Granted, New Richmond is small town USA, but it's not the @$$ end of the earth.

Handful of places to get a decent breakfast for cheap, two golf courses, a river to tube down, a lake to fish for muskey, a Wal-mart, and a solid pizza joint in Star Prairie. Almost forgot about the 3 days of racing. 😂

GregA12
07-24-2018, 08:03 PM

I’m guessing they’ll get around 35-42 this year. With some guys dropping off the WoO circuit in recent weeks (Ferguson, Bagley, Overton) and others taking breaks (Richards, McCreadie) (or not allowed to race like Bloomquist), I just don’t see how they’ll be up near 50 this year. Hope I’m wrong but regardless, just hope for a great racing all 3 days and I’ll be happy.

Illtsate32
07-24-2018, 08:05 PM
Tuty I love the double heats too. Scott should put McDowell in the car 70-30 split if he wins...

Birky.Fan
07-24-2018, 08:06 PM
Same here Greg. As long as the racing is good and weather is nice. I'll be happy.

TUTY
07-24-2018, 09:05 PM
Twin cites are close to me but not the east coast or south east. It's a long drive period but I think they will get close to 50 cars this year. Also 25 or so NASCAR LM's for $2500 To Win each night.

ptown
07-24-2018, 09:15 PM
Twin cites are close to me but not the east coast or south east. It's a long drive period but I think they will get close to 50 cars this year. Also 25 or so NASCAR LM's for $2500 To Win each night.

Those nascar late models put on a heck of show.

TUTY
07-24-2018, 09:42 PM
They do and it's a all LM show.

GregA12
07-25-2018, 12:48 PM
Assuming Jared Landers is still driving for Moring, I’d add him to the expected driver list. Moring usually has his team there.

jhanson
07-25-2018, 01:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUe72ylgb1M

GregA12
07-25-2018, 03:47 PM
That’s a great video to show how awesome the event is. Hopefully they can get the track similar for the 100 lapper this year. O’Neal was all over the place passing cars. Another driver that I wouldn’t be too surprised to see competing next weekend is Ricky Thornton Jr. I know someone that has friends affiliated with the JR Haley Motorsports 33x team and they were getting a motor together for him. I thought he was supposed to run at Lernerville but never did so it’s just speculation on my part though based on what I heard before. I should know on Saturday.

GregA12
07-26-2018, 01:54 PM

NEW DRIVERS
Austin Theiss
Al Humphrey
Rob Mayea
Craig Vosbergen
Jared Miley
Joe Godsey
Hudson O'Neil
GR Smith

ALL STAR DRIVERS
Jason Feger
Brian Shirley
Chris Simpson
Ricky Weiss

BONUS DRIVERS
Dale McDowell
Bobby Pierce

WOO DRIVERS
Mike Marlar
Shane Clanton
Tyler Erb
Brandon Shepard
Devin Moran
Chris Madden
Brett Larson
Rick Eckert
David Breazeale

DRIVERS EXPECTED
Chad Simpson
Jimmy Mars
Brian Birkhofer ?
Chase Jurghans
Jordan Yaggy
Nick Anvelink
Tyler Bruening
John Kaanta
Pat Doar
Paul Parker
Jason Rauen
A J Diemel
Chris Speaker
Steven Roberts 37
Lance Matthess
Superman
The Real Deal
Kid Rocket
Frank Heckenast Jr
EPJ
Kent Robinson
Shannon Babb
The O Show
Dennis Erb Jr

****Thats 47 Cars****

Per Fans Fund, the following teams have accepted their invites for the Fans Fund Dash. The only difference with your list is Jeff Toth instead of Joe Godsey. Not sure what’s up with that but they appear to be teammates.

New Drivers
Austin Theiss-TX
Al Humphrey-NE
Rob Mayea-OR
Craig Vosbergen- AU
Jared Miley-PA
Jeff Roth-AR
Hudson O’Neil- IN
GR Smith- N.C.

All Star Drivers
Jason Feger- IL
Brian Shirley- IL
Chris Simpson- IA
Ricky Weiss- CN

Bonus Drivers
Dale McDowell- GA
Bobby Pierce- IL

TUTY
07-26-2018, 02:08 PM
That's a nice added group of drivers, can't wait.

bloomy18018
07-26-2018, 11:13 PM
Pretty sad when the FansFund is the only thing keeping this race alive, without it they’d be lucky to break 30 cars.

TUTY
07-27-2018, 06:16 AM
I will agree the Fans fund gets the car count to a respectable spot. Not sure what can be done? The stands are packed, fireworks are amazing. It's just so far away from everywhere and other drivers feel they have no chance to win. It was blamed on fuel cost when it was close to $4 per gallon but that's not it.

TUTY
07-27-2018, 06:19 AM
Silver Dollar Nationals only had 47 entries for $53,000 To Win also.

Tireguy17
07-27-2018, 07:18 AM
Its the downside of having 2 traveling national series. Only 2-3 WoO guys raced at I-80 because they wanted the off weekend to re-group for the PDC and USA Nationals. Most of the Lucas guys will take these 2 weekends off to prepare for their month of money on their schedule.

And I-80 had 47 cars.

#FALSuperman
07-27-2018, 07:46 AM
Its the downside of having 2 traveling national series. Only 2-3 WoO guys raced at I-80 because they wanted the off weekend to re-group for the PDC and USA Nationals. Most of the Lucas guys will take these 2 weekends off to prepare for their month of money on their schedule.And I-80 had 47 cars.You're wrong about most the Lucas guys taking off the 2 weekends to prepare for the money schedule. The only Lucas guys not at FALS are Bloomer (only because of suspension), Richards (he isn't preparing, he is actually on family vacation), Zeigler, and T-Mac (only because of his recent problems with car). So, 10 out of 14 are most the tour regulars at a WOO race this weekend.

Tireguy17
07-27-2018, 08:04 AM
You're wrong about most the Lucas guys taking off the 2 weekends to prepare for the money schedule. The only Lucas guys not at FALS are Bloomer (only because of suspension), Richards (he isn't preparing, he is actually on family vacation), Zeigler, and T-Mac (only because of his recent problems with car). So, 10 out of 14 are most the tour regulars at a WOO race this weekend.

Thank you, I stand corrected.

TUTY
07-27-2018, 08:41 AM
That's the cool thing about PDC and Cedar Lake. U get all the Woo cars and 10 Lucas guys and many others.

Tireguy17
07-27-2018, 09:08 AM
More Lucas guys will travel on their off weekends, unlike the WoO guys. Its no wonder the Lucas schedule has most of the big races.

Zonks32x
07-27-2018, 08:29 PM
The fansfund is the "only" thing keeping this race alive???

It certainly helps, but I'm pretty sure the $50k to win, 1000+ campsites the track rents out, and packed house of paying customers (that keeps growing every year) also plays a big role in keeping the USA nationals going.

There is NOT a strong "open" late model presence in WI, MN, IA, or the Dakotas...yet they pull this race off every year.

The Fansfund was created to offset travel (fuel) cost for drivers who normally wouldn't compete at a crown jewel event. Today, it has grown to also add drivers in the all-star category.

Every year, people come on here and knock the concept, but you have NO idea how hard those people work behind the scenes (for free) to make the Fansfund happen.

Over the years, well over 100 drivers who otherwise wouldn't get the opportunity to race in a $50k to win event, accepted that opportunity, and you'll be hard pressed to find a single one who didn't enjoy the experience.

If the USA nats only draws 30 cars in the future, I'll still go because it will still be a great show.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-27-2018, 08:39 PM
You're wrong about most the Lucas guys taking off the 2 weekends to prepare for the money schedule. The only Lucas guys not at FALS are Bloomer (only because of suspension), Richards (he isn't preparing, he is actually on family vacation), Zeigler, and T-Mac (only because of his recent problems with car). So, 10 out of 14 are most the tour regulars at a WOO race this weekend.

Weedsport has a 100 lap mod race. He may be there since no lucas this wknd

jhanson
07-28-2018, 10:31 AM
Amen ! Preach it brother ! Spot on. If you have ever been to Cedar Lake and driven through the whole campgrounds, you would be in a small "city." Cedar Lake came up with another great weekend----$50,000 top prize for mods--huge crowd. It is how a dirt track is to be run--great business people and promoters--they care about what the fans want more than what the drivers want---ouch !
---did I mention buses coming through with loads of people going to and from tubing on the apple river ? golf ?

jhanson
07-28-2018, 10:35 AM
no fishing tournament yet on Cedar Lake---32 feet deep--walleye, musky, northern pike, bass, panfish

jhanson
07-28-2018, 10:36 AM
something to grill back at your campsite---hee hee hee

LM1M
07-30-2018, 02:39 PM
Remove Chad Simpson per his website. I am sure there will be a handful of others that aren't listed in this thread. Always get some regional guys showing up such as Scott Ward, Don Shaw, and others.

LM1M
07-30-2018, 02:44 PM
Add Jeff Massingill (MN driver)

TUTY
07-31-2018, 03:50 PM
Weather looks good for this weekend. It's going to be a little warm on Friday and Saturday but I'll make sure my mountains are blue.

TUTY
08-01-2018, 08:19 AM
Drop Lanagan

TUTY
08-01-2018, 02:25 PM
Scratch Chad Simpson.

TUTY
08-01-2018, 07:59 PM
KRob is going for easier Pickens.