PDA

View Full Version : JD Switched engine builders to try somethign else?

mndirtman
07-20-2018, 07:32 AM
Jd looking for a different feel than Durham?

#FALSuperman
07-20-2018, 07:40 AM
Jd looking for a different feel than Durham?That's correct...so far so good.

Kwd1253
07-20-2018, 07:44 AM
That's correct...so far so good.

G.r. Must be pretty close to jd for him drop off motor to him

Hoosier_Dirt
07-20-2018, 07:48 AM
JD running Cornetts now?

#FALSuperman
07-20-2018, 08:00 AM
G.r. Must be pretty close to jd for him drop off motor to himThe motor was purchased

#FALSuperman
07-20-2018, 08:00 AM
JD running Cornetts now?Correct Cornett right now.

Hoosier_Dirt
07-20-2018, 08:35 AM
Good deal!!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-20-2018, 09:03 AM
Its funny how all them durham motors run but team 49's. Looks like a lil sabatoge on the 49. That lil xtra $ to durham cost him in the long run.

#FALSuperman
07-20-2018, 09:05 AM
Its funny how all them durham motors run but team 49's. Looks like a lil sabatoge on the 49. That lil xtra $ to durham cost him in the long run.Either way, they figured it out. Just took some time. Most teams hit a cold spell at some point in a long season. The good thing so far for the 49 team is they weathered a 12 race drought and still have a 165 point lead.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-20-2018, 09:51 AM
Its funny how all them durham motors run but team 49's. Looks like a lil sabatoge on the 49. That lil xtra $ to durham cost him in the long run.Jesus, you are high. Durham is not going to risk his reputation on tinkering with a motor. And if Rumley and ATeam were so good, they’d know something was up. Obviously they were not fitting JD so they switched. Not some freaking conspiracy by Durham.

amusall
07-20-2018, 10:00 AM
Is Durham a spin off of Roush Yates?

Josh Bayko
07-20-2018, 10:13 AM
Its funny how all them durham motors run but team 49's. Looks like a lil sabatoge on the 49. That lil xtra $ to durham cost him in the long run.

This might be the most retarded post in 4M history.

GregA12
07-20-2018, 10:40 AM
Is Durham a spin off of Roush Yates?

Essentially

moonshine
07-20-2018, 11:17 AM
Ford or Chevy?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-20-2018, 11:31 AM
Yea they did know something was up thats why they changed. Theres more to the story than u think u know.

ThebigE
07-20-2018, 12:17 PM
Maybe Richards needs to go back to Dargie :)

a25rjr
07-20-2018, 12:33 PM

And Jd is not the first to "complain" about that! Theres been a couple of drivers to switch from Durham over it!

Not saying AD did something wrong, certain drivers couldn't get the feel for them.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-20-2018, 12:33 PM
Yea they did know something was up thats why they changed. Theres more to the story than u think u know.Oh yes, I’m sure there is. Durham was sabotaging JD and Lance Landers, because their checks were bouncing.

That’s as retarded as me saying Kirsten Blume is sabotaging Bloomer with his fuel issues or whatever gremlins he keeps having with fuel.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-20-2018, 12:42 PM
Call it what you want but $ talks in all forms of business. You dont know half of what really went on. Not going on and on w you. I know what i know and am not bringing details on here end of story.

AllenK
07-20-2018, 12:42 PM
Cornett 10 degree Chevrolet purchased from G.R. Smith per what I saw on a FB post. I saw the engine for sale a week or so previously. $39.5k.....

You got to pay to play,but man you could buy a really nice car or truck for that kinda cash.

NormP
07-20-2018, 01:11 PM
The first place I'd shop for an engine would be Cornett.

Roush Yates, Durham, whoever, they all come and go.

Cornett just sticks around and keeps winning races year in and year out.

I've got the same opinion of Clements as I do Cornett, but Clements isn't in my backyard.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-20-2018, 01:36 PM
The first place I'd shop for an engine would be Cornett.

Roush Yates, Durham, whoever, they all come and go.

Cornett just sticks around and keeps winning races year in and year out.

I've got the same opinion of Clements as I do Cornett, but Clements isn't in my backyard.

Yea clements is my pick but there workload is backed up.

Mindwalker
07-20-2018, 01:49 PM
This might be the most retarded post in 4M history.

Give him time Hahahahahah

flagone
07-20-2018, 02:00 PM
S/S behind as in backed up or you mean technology wise?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-20-2018, 02:05 PM
S/S behind as in backed up or you mean technology wise?

Sorry behind as in backed up

Flagone i fixed wording.

Mindwalker
07-20-2018, 02:14 PM
Well, i guess you kinda can fix stupid. Hahahahahah

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-20-2018, 02:24 PM
Well, i guess you kinda can fix stupid. Hahahahahah

You alway taught me the right way there pops
Thanks for them genes! Half stupid means ur half smart too?🤔🤔🤔

james777777
07-20-2018, 02:43 PM
The engine GR had for sale is the same one JD won the World with. So he knew what he was getting.

Mindwalker
07-20-2018, 02:57 PM
You alway taught me the right way there pops
Thanks for them genes! Half stupid means ur half smart too?樂樂樂

Again! You did not come from my dadgum loins!!!

No_Weak_Links
07-20-2018, 04:28 PM
I've ran Clements and Cornett....both are great motors and both are great people. I do not know Durham but plenty of guys winning races with his engines. Sometimes motors and driving styles don't mesh.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-20-2018, 06:53 PM
Call it what you want but $ talks in all forms of business. You dont know half of what really went on. Not going on and on w you. I know what i know and am not bringing details on here end of story.Good for you, did JD shower before you had your alone time last night?

I knew there was a conspiracy against JD, and his low budget team, Durham was definitely out to get him.

Stefan2k4
07-20-2018, 07:24 PM
JD tends to run the top and drive harder into the corners and try to carry more momentum. In contrast, some drivers like Bloomer tend to run the middle or bottom more. That probably affects what type of engine works better for a particular driver. I think Bloomer is better at precisely feathering the throttle. He's a master of throttle control and keeping the car hooked up and straight. Maybe drivers like him can utilize a stronger engine better and others might need something a little more tame, otherwise they're lighting up the tires more. it might be that a Durham is just too much motor for JD.

Matt49
07-20-2018, 07:55 PM
JD tends to run the top and drive harder into the corners and try to carry more momentum. In contrast, some drivers like Bloomer tend to run the middle or bottom more. That probably affects what type of engine works better for a particular driver. I think Bloomer is better at precisely feathering the throttle. He's a master of throttle control and keeping the car hooked up and straight. Maybe drivers like him can utilize a stronger engine better and others might need something a little more tame, otherwise they're lighting up the tires more. it might be that a Durham is just too much motor for JD.

JD can handle all the motor in the world. But when he punches the gas he wants it NOW!
Some of these motors are built to "contain" ON/OFF throttle drivers.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-21-2018, 09:00 AM

Quite the opposite. Durham Fords are built to be driveable on the slick. It's the reason B5 isn't the 1.

a25rjr
07-21-2018, 09:38 AM
Hmmmmmm.....EPJ to a Chevy and now Jd!

Bowties are gaining ground on them blue oval thingies!

Kromulous
07-21-2018, 09:51 AM
Bloomquist is a Master with the brake pedal, if your going to beat him consistently you better learn it.

JD runs the top because its generally wetr and traction up there. Easy to find the speed if you can run the line.

Its very interesting thou that some are switching from the Durham Fords. I love to see it, not good for the sport being so one sided.

dane31
07-21-2018, 01:16 PM
maybe he should go back to his hatfield deal