PDA

View Full Version : Silly Season Projections

oldasdirt
07-20-2018, 02:04 PM
As we are heading into the back half of the 2018 racing season and approaching the Crown Jewels, I thought maybe it would be fun to project any Silly Season moves. Personally I can't see Bobby Pierce back with Dunn Benson. There hasn't been the progression that I think they thought there would be. Additionally he was much more dominate in their own equipment. I think CBR also has to make a change in the 14 car. Any other thoughts?

MRM
07-20-2018, 02:12 PM
Pierce has been running against much stronger competition week in and week out. I think he's done a fine job considering he's never raced at many of these tracks before this season.

Kromulous
07-20-2018, 02:20 PM
Bloomquist to be ousted in Mooresburg ! Katrina ousts Bloomer and puts a new unknown driver in the Zero car.

Thats my prediction, and i'm sticking to it !

Birky.Fan
07-20-2018, 02:29 PM
Bloomquist to be ousted in Mooresburg ! Katrina ousts Bloomer and puts a new unknown driver in the Zero car.

Pierce to the zero car confirmed!

Planetzer0
07-20-2018, 02:31 PM
Birky splits with wife and makes a comeback. Wins the 2019 Dream and World 100.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-20-2018, 02:31 PM
Lanigan fired from the 14. Chassis changed to Kryptonite. New driver is T Carp sponsored by Pall Mall.

Planetzer0
07-20-2018, 02:33 PM
Rumley leaves the sport to join NASA, quits NASA because he couldn't afford the pay downgrade.

Barbecueboy
07-20-2018, 02:37 PM
Pierce has been running against much stronger competition week in and week out. I think he's done a fine job considering he's never raced at many of these tracks before this season.

Absolutely agree.....

Kromulous
07-20-2018, 02:42 PM
Oh Hell, Bloomer cuckolded by Booby, thats one for the ages right there !!!

brsteg
07-20-2018, 02:46 PM
Yes, Pierce was dominant in his back yard and the tracks that he liked therefore would travel to. You are right, running a national tour full time and learning, new tracks, a new car, and racing against tougher competition has really slowed down his win percentage.
I swear some of these threads I'm reading today.

MI Dirt Fan
07-20-2018, 02:55 PM
Yes, Pierce was dominant in his back yard and the tracks that he liked therefore would travel to. You are right, running a national tour full time and learning, new tracks, a new car, and racing against tougher competition has really slowed down his win percentage.
I swear some of these threads I'm reading today.
I was thinking the same thing. Full time Lucas is a pretty big step up compared to Hell tour tracks and competition. Dipping into some WoO/Lucas events here and there isn't going to help in the long run.

But on the other hand he also needs to be provided a car that can actually finish a race running and or not smoking.

smoothoperator32
07-20-2018, 03:27 PM
My silly season projection

Woo will cease Latemodels and join lucas oil Latemodel series as an under card with a New Series called "Woo Lucas Oil Modifies" they will be touring with the lucas oil latemodels running the same schedule with all modifieds Racing for $6500 to win events limiting just these 2 classes at each event! LOL

Clayton_Wetter
07-20-2018, 03:28 PM

Okay stick to it and place a bet with me.........

Clayton_Wetter
07-20-2018, 03:32 PM
Pierce to the zero car confirmed!

As the tire changer. hahahahahaaaaa

Bubstr
07-20-2018, 04:55 PM
Really, someone is going to put all them did not finishes at Pierce's feet? Night before last, Pierce has a sticking gas pedal and probably over whines engine. Last night he blows it up. Anyone see anything but rookie mistakes here? One a gas pedal should never be built so it can stick. Second, have they ever heard of a leak down test, to see what is happening inside that engine. I am guessing the valve lash was never checked. Pierce finishes well when the car finishes. Maintenance cost him 4 or 5 spots in the LODLM standings. Add that to new tracks and it makes it a little hard to do well. It was hard for EPJ also. Five years and one win.

MI Dirt Fan
07-20-2018, 05:19 PM
As the tire changer. hahahahahaaaaa

We don't need him he just got busted for having a bad tar. That's the last thing Bloomers needs again. lol

Clayton_Wetter
07-20-2018, 05:45 PM
We don't need him he just got busted for having a bad tar. That's the last thing Bloomers needs again. lol

Well I guess there's room for a tool fetcher???? :)

kidrock
07-20-2018, 06:19 PM
Bobby had a rough start to the season but, has been running a lot better in recent weeks but, has had many dnf here lately that has cost him. I would hope that the Dunn Benson team knew there would be some learning curves the fist year and would give Bobby a second year but, in today's world it's win now or down the road you go.

Barbecueboy
07-20-2018, 06:22 PM
Really, someone is going to put all them did not finishes at Pierce's feet? Night before last, Pierce has a sticking gas pedal and probably over whines engine. Last night he blows it up. Anyone see anything but rookie mistakes here? One a gas pedal should never be built so it can stick. Second, have they ever heard of a leak down test, to see what is happening inside that engine. I am guessing the valve lash was never checked. Pierce finishes well when the car finishes. Maintenance cost him 4 or 5 spots in the LODLM standings. Add that to new tracks and it makes it a little hard to do well. It was hard for EPJ also. Five years and one win.

I don't believe EPJ was with DB for 5 years this second time around? That would have put him in the DB ride in 2012, think he was still racing with BLR then.

Barbecueboy
07-20-2018, 06:24 PM
My silly season prediction......

WRG acronym gets changed to WGR......and new series is renamed World goat rodeo.

Hoosier_Dirt
07-20-2018, 06:31 PM
Lanigan will get ousted
Bowyer will switch to xr1 rockets
TMac to Bowyer
Hudson Oneal to sprint cars/midgets
Pierce will stay put

MI Dirt Fan
07-20-2018, 06:34 PM
Lanigan leaves. Runs WoO next year and wins the championship

chupp n bloomer fan
07-20-2018, 06:41 PM
Really, someone is going to put all them did not finishes at Pierce's feet? Night before last, Pierce has a sticking gas pedal and probably over whines engine. Last night he blows it up. Anyone see anything but rookie mistakes here? One a gas pedal should never be built so it can stick. Second, have they ever heard of a leak down test, to see what is happening inside that engine. I am guessing the valve lash was never checked. Pierce finishes well when the car finishes. Maintenance cost him 4 or 5 spots in the LODLM standings. Add that to new tracks and it makes it a little hard to do well. It was hard for EPJ also. Five years and one win.I don’t think anyone is putting it on Bobby. Their maintenance program, durability issues aren’t on Bobby. He is running well, they just aren’t up to snuff with the maintenance.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-20-2018, 06:43 PM
Lanigan fired from the 14. Chassis changed to Kryptonite. New driver is T Carp sponsored by Pall Mall.I like it. Pall Mall’s, PBR, and Wal-Mart. In all seriousness though, I’d like to see Tyler get a shot with a national team if he wants too.

cprince07
07-20-2018, 07:09 PM
Cars breaking is not on Bobby. That blame falls more on the crew chief to me. Just my opinion.

Planetzer0
07-21-2018, 08:56 AM
McCreadie joins team Bloomquist. LOL.

Dirt Racing #1
07-21-2018, 09:15 AM
James Essex is officially named the president of Jd fan club. But, still James will keep his position as vice president of Josh Richards fan club.

Dirt Racing #1
07-21-2018, 09:17 AM
I doubt T-Mac will even be driving a late model next year.

B_K
07-21-2018, 10:06 AM
Bloomquist quits the sport to join the DEA's opioid task force. All goes awry when evidence continues to go missing.

The day is saved when Bloomquist produces a note from a Dr. Feelgood saying Scott was at his office the whole time.

B_K
07-21-2018, 10:08 AM
Honest question, I'm too lazy to look.

Has Carpenter ran a WoO show in the last two years?

Josh Bayko
07-21-2018, 11:22 AM

Nothing in ‘18, but both Carpenters scored some WoO points in both ‘16 and ‘17

Bradley
07-21-2018, 11:46 AM
Bobby had a rough start to the season but, has been running a lot better in recent weeks but, has had many dnf here lately that has cost him. I would hope that the Dunn Benson team knew there would be some learning curves the fist year and would give Bobby a second year but, in today's world it's win now or down the road you go.

Maybe you mean more like Bobby would give Dunn Benson a second year to learn how to make their race cars last a complete race ?

hucktyson
07-21-2018, 12:06 PM
Saying bobby hasn’t ran well lol he’s ran very well , far surpassing his haters predictions on here

Pennsboro23
07-21-2018, 12:10 PM

To be honest, the WoO haven’t came to West Virginia in two years. The only close place they have ran would be Atomic, I’m guessing he was at that show.

bleedblue55
07-21-2018, 12:30 PM
Freddie and Tyler both ran the Charlotte World Finals last year. Tyler also ran Charlotte in 2016. I'd look for them to hit Atomic in Sept. and Charlotte again this year.

Dlmfan123
07-21-2018, 02:29 PM
Tyler lost another motor last night at Elkins..

Pennsboro23
07-21-2018, 03:53 PM
Tyler lost another motor last night at Elkins..

First night out with it too?

ptown
07-21-2018, 04:10 PM

Yea that team is really bad and it’s not going to get any better in the future, that’s why EPJ left.

latemodeljunkie
07-21-2018, 04:29 PM
Freddy was also at the Dream

smooth32
07-21-2018, 04:41 PM
I don't think Pierce' team is the same team Pearson had, I thought they had to start from scratch. I'm sure someone here knows more.

zyoung25
07-21-2018, 05:05 PM
Not one single crew member is the same. TC is with Hudson, and most of the others went back to a normal life.

He's not going anywhere people. If half of you knew what the problems have been, it's not on the team.

Bubstr
07-21-2018, 08:21 PM
Not one single crew member is the same. TC is with Hudson, and most of the others went back to a normal life.

He's not going anywhere people. If half of you knew what the problems have been, it's not on the team.

It seems you know and don't wish to share. Why even make a post? If the crew and driver are new, it must be the owner.

t4g2
07-21-2018, 08:47 PM
It sounds like lack of maintenance program with Bob not living near the garage and bobby just driving. Bobby should get away from video game system and learn an work on the car like 99% of the other drivers do.

zyoung25
07-21-2018, 09:10 PM
It seems you know and don't wish to share. Why even make a post? If the crew and driver are new, it must be the owner.

It seems you know all, so why should I even bother? It's amazing the people you can get to know just by posting like you have some sense sometimes.

MI Dirt Fan
07-21-2018, 09:24 PM
It seems you know all, so why should I even bother? It's amazing the people you can get to know just by posting like you have some sense sometimes.

He reminds me of ptown.

Illtsate32
07-21-2018, 09:24 PM
99% haaaaa lol maybe 35...I know somebody thats gna be mad when Bobby wins the PDC...

MI Dirt Fan
07-21-2018, 09:33 PM
I'll take that bet. After his performance the last few weeks. Against probably better competition also at PDC

t4g2
07-21-2018, 10:25 PM
Illstate32 yeah all the drivers I know work on their own stuff. Feger , unzinker, Babb, Schmitt, Moyer, bloomer, just to name a few.an yes I won't be happy IF an that's a big IF he wins because IMO he shouldn't be racing as his initial penalty from ump was 30 days not 4 and penalties shouldn't have started til after appeal process.

Flathead
07-21-2018, 10:34 PM
My predictions are:

1. Dunn-Benson motorsports goes from car owner to just a car sponsor. ( but I hope I'm wrong)
2. Lanigan is out at CBR and it'll be O'Neal and O'Neal in those two cars.
3. TMac will go back to modifieds.
4. Josh Richards will be back in the rocket one.
5. Billy Moyer won't go to Arizona, or Florida, and probably won't race until two weeks before the
Sho-me and those liberals on Dirt on dirt will still keep him on the top 25.
6. Timothy Culp will get a tech inspector job with the Comp Cams dirt series.

And on a side note, if everyone on here thinks Bobby Pierce has a crew that can't maintain a car maybe he should crawl under it and handle it himself. If you are a driver and you don't have a crew that can maintain a car, be a man and do it yourself don't just lay the blame on someone else. In my own opinion, those kind of things fall back on the driver to make sure things are done.

Zonks32x
07-21-2018, 10:39 PM
Back to silly season...

Shakeup coming for one major team at the end of the year.

WoO is going to lose at least 2 of the drivers currently left on tour in '18.

Likely one, but possibly up to three drivers will be making the jump from Lucas to WoO in '19.

Expect points & points fund changes in at least one series for '19.

Look for schedules with fewer tracks, but more two-day shows in '19.

Heard it here first...co-sanctioned event Lucas vs WoO challenge, that may not be held until '20, but will be announced at some point in '19.

ready2rd
07-21-2018, 10:50 PM
Ptown You Don't Know One Thing About Why Epj Left The Race Team ,Yes Smooth Operator 32 I know And Yes Started From Scratch Other Than The Rig, All New Motors, All New Cars, All New Crew ,A Terrible Streak Of Bad Luck In Last 6 Months Not Only Has The Team Lost A Pile Of Motors This Season The Team Owner Has Had Several Deaths in The Family , One Being His Father One Being Robert Yates Which Was Like A Father To Kemp And His Uncle And Then My Father Who Died 7 Weeks After Kemp's Father Died .Now The Tire Deal Which Is a Bunch Of Bull Chit And All This While Lil Bobby Is Heading To The Front From 28th With A LIL Worn Out 410 Motor .

ptown
07-21-2018, 10:53 PM
Ptown You Don't Know One Thing About Why Epj Left The Race Team ,Yes Smooth Operator 32 I know And Yes Started From Scratch Other Than The Rig, All New Motors, All New Cars, All New Crew ,A Terrible Streak Of Bad Luck In Last 6 Months Not Only Has The Team Lost A Pile Of Motors This Season The Team Owner Has Had Several Deaths in The Family , One Being His Father One Being Robert Yates Which Was Like A Father To Kemp And His Uncle And Then My Father Who Died 7 Weeks After Kemp's Father Died .Now The Tire Deal Which Is a Bunch Of Bull Chit And All This While Lil Bobby Is Heading To The Front From 28th With A LIL Worn Out 410 Motor .

OMG did you really have to stop and capitalize every single word in that rambling illiterate post. Now head on back to the bar getch yerself another drank.....lolololol

MI Dirt Fan
07-21-2018, 11:18 PM
My predictions are:

1. Dunn-Benson motorsports goes from car owner to just a car sponsor. ( but I hope I'm wrong)
2. Lanigan is out at CBR and it'll be O'Neal and O'Neal in those two cars.
3. TMac will go back to modifieds.
4. Josh Richards will be back in the rocket one.
5. Billy Moyer won't go to Arizona, or Florida, and probably won't race until two weeks before the
Sho-me and those liberals on Dirt on dirt will still keep him on the top 25.
6. Timothy Culp will get a tech inspector job with the Comp Cams dirt series.

And on a side note, if everyone on here thinks Bobby Pierce has a crew that can't maintain a car maybe he should crawl under it and handle it himself. If you are a driver and you don't have a crew that can maintain a car, be a man and do it yourself don't just lay the blame on someone else. In my own opinion, those kind of things fall back on the driver to make sure things are done.

No way does Hudson O'Neal go to a CBR he'd be foolish compared to the ride he has now.

Swampy121
07-21-2018, 11:19 PM
OMG did you really have to stop and capitalize every single word in that rambling illiterate post. Now head on back to the bar getch yerself another drank.....lolololol

That just means he's more serious. You've done it now 😂

MI Dirt Fan
07-21-2018, 11:21 PM
Wow.........

ready2rd
07-21-2018, 11:35 PM
Unfortunately that 410 let go the bad luck continues Can not deny lil bobbys talent like him or not love him or hate him the dude can wheel a dirt car .

t4g2
07-21-2018, 11:36 PM
6 months of bad luck? I don't think so obviously driver is very hard on equipment or bad maintenance and preventive maintenance. Yes I understand having bad luck as most teams have a stretch of it but never longer than a few weeks.

Dlmfan123
07-21-2018, 11:48 PM
He hasn’t had bad luck up til about the last month they have really been struggling

t4g2
07-21-2018, 11:55 PM
He's not the only one having bad luck, t Mac Babb fever Richards they all go through it, sometimes its best to just get back to basics an figure out maintenance. Obviously their lacking some preventive maintenance, an maybe driver is HARD on equipment.

Bubstr
07-21-2018, 11:59 PM
The harder I work, the luckier I get.

t4g2
07-22-2018, 12:04 AM
Yeah usually hard work pays off.

Illtsate32
07-22-2018, 12:12 AM
Ya maybe they should get a better driver...im sure Scott Schmitt would put them over the top lol (big eye roll)...

MI Dirt Fan
07-22-2018, 12:13 AM
Thoughts on Bronson for next year?

t4g2
07-22-2018, 12:36 AM
Schmitt would def be easier on equipment.an couldn't do any worse an booby if he can't pass a car he does it dirty or "misjudge a slide job" take someone out. As my new shirt will say what does Peirce an spatola have in common? The don't know Schmitt.

hucktyson
07-22-2018, 02:23 PM
Haters will always hate

drunkinashortbus
07-22-2018, 05:11 PM
Erb Satterlee Lanigan off of lucas next yr.

getinit
07-22-2018, 05:32 PM
Schmitt would def be easier on equipment.an couldn't do any worse an booby if he can't pass a car he does it dirty or "misjudge a slide job" take someone out. As my new shirt will say what does Peirce an spatola have in common? The don't know Schmitt.

LMFAO I like Scott and his dad alot, but lets be honest. He has always had dang good equipment and hasn't really ever jumped out as a top driver outside the local ranks. The best he ran consistantly was when he had the Pierce cars.
From what I heard, his maintenance has been pathetic lately. Time to light a fire under Terry or send him on his way.

If you're half as close to him as you talk like you are you will know exactly what my last comment means.

Hoosier_Dirt
07-22-2018, 06:10 PM
Scott Bloomquists car will be all orange next year...with a black spoiler lmao!

Hoosier_Dirt
07-22-2018, 06:11 PM
Thoughts on Bronson for next year?

I'll guess an outlaw type schedule

ThebigE
07-23-2018, 09:22 AM
Josh Richards out of the Best Performance ride and back to the house car. Best Performance starts running regionally again with a different driver.

ThebigE
07-23-2018, 09:32 AM

Wow, I'm glad you don't post / comment very often. If I had to read this gibberish on a daily basis I'd throw my computer out the window.

MI Dirt Fan
07-23-2018, 10:27 AM
Wow, I'm glad you don't post / comment very often. If I had to read this gibberish on a daily basis I'd throw my computer out the window.

I'd have to run it through a grammar app to decipher it.

MI Dirt Fan
07-23-2018, 10:47 AM
I just don't forsee Richards going back to Rocket1 next year or the year after.