PDA

View Full Version : Dunn Benson Motorsports Official Statement about the Tire Infraction and Appeal

DBM#1
07-23-2018, 10:58 AM
DUNN, NC¬ (July 23, 2018) – Dunn Benson Motorsports has received the final decision from the World Racing Group (WRG) about the Tire Infraction and Final Appeal Decision concerning the events at Eldora Speedway June 7-9th. There is a lot of incorrect information being circulated to the public about the whole situation. We plan to release our Official Statement with the facts about the entire process, the penalty and the appeal process very soon. In the meantime we wanted to notify all our sponsors and fans that Dunn Benson Motorsports will not be entering any WRG sanctioned events for the remainder of the 2018 season. We will be focusing on the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series events only for 2018. We are currently 6th in the Series National Point Standings and have two (2) wins so far this year on the tour.Bobby Pierce and his Family have decided to enter their own Rocket Chassis racecar and their own engine and equipment in this week’s World of Outlaws Late Model Dirt Series events in Davenport Iowa on Tuesday and Fairbury Illinois on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Their entry in these WRG events is totally separate from the Dunn Benson Motorsports Team with and our crew and Team Hauler headed back to NC.The next event for Dunn Benson Motorsports and Bobby Pierce will be the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series sanctioned events at Florence Speedway in Florence, KY August 8-11th.Dunn Benson Motorsports would like to THANK ALL OUR SPONSORS for their support in 2018!The Dunn Benson Motorsports Team and driver Bobby Pierce has primary sponsorship from Campbell University, Premier Waste Services, Dunn Benson Ford along with associate sponsorship from Hoker Trucking, Allgayer Inc., Carlton Cattle Company, Champion Spark Plugs, Berger Marina, Mesilla Valley Transportation, Carnaghi Towing, Airplus, Queen City Appraisal and Hot Rod Processing. Product Sponsors include: Rocket Chassis, Pro Power Racing Engines, Roush/Yates Engines, Sunoco Race Fuel, Tiger Rear Ends, Sweet Mfg, Advanced Suspensions, Eibach Springs, Performance Bodies, Velocita, Fast Shafts, FK Rods, Richardson Racing Products, Peterson Fluid Systems, Weld Wheels, Miller Welders, Bell, Quickcar, Lucas Oil Products, Schoenfeld Headers, Hoosier Tire, Strange Oval, BERT, Robert & Son Aluminum, FLUIDYNE, Wilwood, Keyser Mfg, Out-Pace, Allstar Performance, PEM, Powermaster, Outerwears, Goodridge, Hooker Harness, Fire Bottle, UniFirst, FELPRO, Full Throttle Promos, Arizona Sports Shirts, Steffes Group, Delph Communications, ASi Racewear, XS Batteries, Jones Racing Products, Dyers Top Rods, Budda BERT Transmission Repair and Phenom Wraps.For all the latest news, schedule, pictures, sponsors, crew or anything related to Dunn Benson Motorsports and driver Pierce visit our Team website at www.DunnBensonMotorsports.com .Special Thanks to Ryan Delph and Delph Communications for hosting and updating our Team website.

Planetzer0
07-23-2018, 11:47 AM
LOL. This is classic.

ptown
07-23-2018, 11:48 AM
So they put out a statement saying they’re going to put out a statement?

Illtsate32
07-23-2018, 11:54 AM
I didnt know Bob and Bobby had their own Rocket car lol, id be willing to bet they are just changing a wrap..if its a brand new one better yet, but ive seen nothing about their own Rocket to be debuting 2mro night a Davenport...edit I since seen where Bobby is racing his own rocket...that better dirt diggler? Lol

Mantis
07-23-2018, 12:00 PM
Interesting.......Bob said they were going drop in one of his personal power plants into the DB ride to run this weeks WOO showes per DOD.

Either somebody changed their mind or they're not keeping ol' Bob in the loop.

Planetzer0
07-23-2018, 12:05 PM
So next time a driver is penalized all they have to do is show up with a new chassis and number and be good to go? WRG can't be this dumb can they? Well.....

ptown
07-23-2018, 12:36 PM
I didnt know Bob and Bobby had their own Rocket car lol, id be willing to bet they are just changing a wrap..if its a brand new one better yet, but ive seen nothing about their own Rocket to be debuting 2mro night a Davenport...

Is it a Pierce car, they ran a few Summernationals races with bad results.

Illtsate32
07-23-2018, 12:41 PM
He will be in a Rocket XR1...

Kromulous
07-23-2018, 12:58 PM
That marks the beginning of the end of that "Team", my original prediction was that he would be out of that ride by August...

Hollis
07-23-2018, 01:27 PM
That marks the beginning of the end of that "Team", my original prediction was that he would be out of that ride by August...Maybe they will finish out the year. Not likely the Dunn Benson people are happy about this. A team and driver was wronged, the driver goes back for more? I doubt very much that team will want to deal with the Pierces next year. But I have been wrong before. LOL

ILL-DIRTDOG
07-23-2018, 01:35 PM
So next time a driver is penalized all they have to do is show up with a new chassis and number and be good to go? WRG can't be this dumb can they? Well.....

Its team not driver....do you not remember Sheppard coming home and getting back into his own ride???

plunks7
07-23-2018, 01:40 PM
T-Mac to DB next year??? Just a thought.

a25rjr
07-23-2018, 02:52 PM
I could be wrong, but I don't see the same passion for the sport from Kemp,as I did from Big C! Theres nothing wrong with that either, maybe its too sentimental or other priorities are more important!

ptown
07-23-2018, 03:14 PM
Maybe they will finish out the year. Not likely the Dunn Benson people are happy about this. A team and driver was wronged, the driver goes back for more? I doubt very much that team will want to deal with the Pierces next year. But I have been wrong before. LOL

Dunn team should have known that whole family is a bunch of knuckleheads, they can do so much better.

Ryan21mid
07-23-2018, 03:26 PM

Wasn't it stated last week that the penalty has already been served? They can race but the team is choosing not to..

Mindwalker
07-23-2018, 03:55 PM
Lol, the bobby clown show is still alive and well. Lol some more!!!

T3GJason47
07-23-2018, 03:55 PM
The penalty was dropped. And none of you seem to remember at the beginning of the year. Pierce purchased 2 XR1 chassis before the Dunn Benson thing was announced. I understand Dunn Benson not wanting to run any WRG shows anymore. WRG tried running there name in the mud. As for Bobby racing in the WRG shows. Hes gotta eat! Racing is how he supports himself. No racing=no paycheck.

ptown
07-23-2018, 03:57 PM
The penalty was dropped. And none of you seem to remember at the beginning of the year. Pierce purchased 2 XR1 chassis before the Dunn Benson thing was announced. I understand Dunn Benson not wanting to run any WRG shows anymore. WRG tried running there name in the mud. As for Bobby racing in the WRG shows. Hes gotta eat! Racing is how he supports himself. No racing=no paycheck.

Probably staying away because they know they can’t juice their tars.

MI Dirt Fan
07-23-2018, 03:58 PM
Must be the same reason why BPM isn't too interested anymore in running WRG events anymore either. I guess besides the Dream and the World.

cgrace
07-23-2018, 04:38 PM
I don't think Shep ran the family car -- he was banned too.I just think it is a crock of $hit that they claim those 4 SN races counted as his penalty. Typically, the penalty doesn't start until after appeal.

Hollis
07-23-2018, 04:53 PM
G.R. Smith and Bobby ??

a25rjr
07-23-2018, 05:02 PM
How bout Bobby in a second house car? He has the sponsors!

Hollis
07-23-2018, 05:15 PM
Bobby probably never leave his dad, and I respect that. Maybe it is time for his family to cut him loose for his sake, if he wants to become a national driver. He has to start communicating with all types of different people.

getinit
07-23-2018, 05:27 PM
lol, guess I missed something in the press release. The only thing I gathered from it is Kemp doesn't want anything to do with racing WRG races after the tire fiasco. I'm sure he is racing Davenport to appease Mr Hoker.

dalemcfan
07-23-2018, 05:48 PM
When are they going to release a statement explaining why they cant field a car that fails to finish more times than not?

CageFaraday
07-23-2018, 06:22 PM
T-Mac to DB next year??? Just a thought.

What have you got against T-Mac?

a25rjr
07-23-2018, 09:24 PM
Thank You Jason! 100% correct, Kemp paid the fine specifically for Bobby to be able to continue to race the WRG shows for the $$. And, no DBM will not be participating in any further WRG events, it should also be noted that Kemp wasn’t required to allow this but he is doing his best to do right by Bobby despite a horrible situation. More details will be forthcoming directly from DBM about the specifics of the WRG/tire situation. As for the car, Bob built and owns both primary XR1 cars that the team has used all season, which for everyone talking smack about “junk equipment” probably should reavaluate their understanding because saying such is disrespecting Bob himself not DBM like y’all think your doing SMH. The DBM hauler dropped off one of the primary XR1 cars at Hocker’s in IA on the way back from I80 and took the other one back to the DBM shop to prepare it the next Lucas race, which Bobby will continue to drive. Best of a Luck this weekend Bobby!

You seem to be an insider.

So fill us in on the distribution of the race tires. Are they shipped directly to BPR or DBM?

MI Dirt Fan
07-23-2018, 09:27 PM
I didn't know it's been a chassis issue. I thought it has been motor issues lately.

slmcrewchief99
07-23-2018, 10:04 PM
I must have missed something. I've looked everywhere and I can't find anything about the penalty being dropped. The only thing I see that "dropped" was the fine amount from $13640 down to $2000. Dunn-Benson still lost over $15300 in winnings and lab fee's because of an illegal tire. The 30 day suspension has been lifted and I assume the fine has been paid. I figure that paying the fine is the only thing that could possibly keep him from racing with the WoO. If DB don't enter and WoO/UMP events then that's on them. The racing will continue without them.

Hollis
07-23-2018, 10:19 PM
It was reported that Simpson got a motor from Hoker not Bobby.Is this true. If true why?

Centeroff
07-23-2018, 10:34 PM
WOO is desperate. Let’s penalize you, you appeal it and we drop the penalty. Keeps those dummies talking. Smh

fryefan
07-23-2018, 10:36 PM
I must have missed something. I've looked everywhere and I can't find anything about the penalty being dropped. The only thing I see that "dropped" was the fine amount from $13640 down to $2000. Dunn-Benson still lost over $15300 in winnings and lab fee's because of an illegal tire. The 30 day suspension has been lifted and I assume the fine has been paid. I figure that paying the fine is the only thing that could possibly keep him from racing with the WoO. If DB don't enter and WoO/UMP events then that's on them. The racing will continue without them.

I saw an article on Dirt-on-Dirt last week that stated what you are pointing out (or something very close to it anyway).

fryefan
07-23-2018, 10:39 PM
It was reported that Simpson got a motor from Hoker not Bobby.Is this true. If true why?

Yesterday's Dirt-on-Dirt article about Bobby said that he was running a motor from Hoker on Saturday night.

With that being said, Chris Simpson might have been running one of Hoker's motors as well (I don't know one way or the other). I am pretty sure that he is a sponsor on Chris' car as well.

Jking24
07-24-2018, 05:28 AM
I don't think Shep ran the family car -- he was banned too.I just think it is a crock of $hit that they claim those 4 SN races counted as his penalty. Typically, the penalty doesn't start until after appeal.Not true last year madden served his penalty while appealing without ever missing a outlaw show

#FALSuperman
07-24-2018, 06:23 AM
You all are missing the big picture...what if Bobby wins these next 2 races or finishes say top 3. That's when people really start asking about DB Team.

Highside Hustler25
07-24-2018, 06:36 AM
You all are missing the big picture...what if Bobby wins these next 2 races or finishes say top 3. That's when people really start asking about DB Team.

Bobby's familiar with both tracks. Especially FALS. I would expect top 5 @ both barring no bad luck.

getinit
07-24-2018, 08:18 AM

Hoker sponsors both drivers. The engine Bobby ran saturday was purchased for him by Hoker last year for knoxville.

zyoung25
07-24-2018, 08:21 AM

Why? The cars have been in Oakwood more than they have been in Dunn lately. I can't see Bob having a race car sit in his shop and him not touch it, especially when they're his cars. He was with them during all the problems last week. I dont see what were missing?

#FALSuperman
07-24-2018, 08:24 AM
Unless you've been under a rock, there are many whispers happening about the relationship between DB and Pierce family. If he goes off and wins the PDC without the support of any of the DB Team after having several DNF's, it will naturally fuel the fire to rumors.

getinit
07-24-2018, 08:30 AM
Unless you've been under a rock, there are many whispers happening about the relationship between DB and Pierce family. If he goes off and wins the PDC without the support of any of the DB Team after having several DNF's, it will naturally fuel the fire to rumors.

Enlighten us as to the whispers.

zyoung25
07-24-2018, 08:39 AM
Enlighten us as to the whispers.

I guess we've been under a rock. There are no problems....hush the whispers.

getinit
07-24-2018, 08:53 AM
I guess we've been under a rock. There are no problems....hush the whispers.

lol I don't know if there is or not. One thing is for sure tho, you can't take the words of heartbroken bloomer fans as facts. I mean Christ this forum blew up bashing several drivers after saturday simply because Scott didn't win.

It all looks to me like Bob became the owner of a racecar as a front. I don't believe for one minute that he donated 2 $60,000 cars to team financially capable of owning their own. By saying Bob owns the car takes the heat off of the team for running a Chevy engine in car owned by a Ford dealer and it also distances DB from WRG, which it appears they are in a squabble with. Then add in that Bobby has sponsors wanting him at these races.

I could be wrong tho, I was one other time. :)

#FALSuperman
07-24-2018, 10:06 AM
I guess we've been under a rock. There are no problems....hush the whispers.That's not going to happen if he wins this weekend. There are no problems? Ok, we will go with that.

t4g2
07-24-2018, 11:41 AM
An the opposite of that what happens if same issues happen to this car?

MI Dirt Fan
07-24-2018, 11:56 AM
Seems as though quite a few are pretty confident he's going to win this weekend...

t4g2
07-24-2018, 12:05 PM
I dont know were your getting that info at as not many are picking him on the fantasy list. Too many drivers and any little thing can happen to anyone always nice to pick your favorite driver but not always going to happen. Babb and shirley and moyer are all top runners for fairlbury and as many more laps than bobby does. Also last time bobby ran family car was a few summer nationals and if i recall he had problems with it to. so 4 people has picked him for fantasy pick oh yeah thats alot of people picking him.

#FALSuperman
07-24-2018, 12:19 PM
An the opposite of that what happens if same issues happen to this car?Good point...if that happens, the eyes will shift towards Bobby and his handling. Either way, should be a great weekend of racing, with a record number of cars entering.

Illtsate32
07-24-2018, 12:23 PM
t4g2 the summer nationals was with the platinum car he will be in an XR1 this week. And judging by the way he ran at FALS a month ago my moneys on him at PDC...

MI Dirt Fan
07-24-2018, 12:23 PM
I dont know were your getting that info at as not many are picking him on the fantasy list. Too many drivers and any little thing can happen to anyone always nice to pick your favorite driver but not always going to happen. Babb and shirley and moyer are all top runners for fairlbury and as many more laps than bobby does. Also last time bobby ran family car was a few summer nationals and if i recall he had problems with it to. so 4 people has picked him for fantasy pick oh yeah thats alot of people picking him.
I didn't know I was referring to the fantasy picks. But ok...

smoothoperator32
07-24-2018, 12:26 PM

Bobby racing the same xr1 he raced at I80 w/propower chevy though

getinit
07-24-2018, 12:49 PM
Good point...if that happens, the eyes will shift towards Bobby and his handling. Either way, should be a great weekend of racing, with a record number of cars entering.

It's not a different car from last week. Not even sure they own the pierce car anymore that they raced in the summernationals. It's my understanding they don't even have their hauler anymore and will be borrowing one.

Mantis
07-24-2018, 01:11 PM
So, the Rockets fielded by the D&B team with Bobby driving this year are owned by Bob?

Illtsate32
07-24-2018, 01:15 PM
Thats the story they are tellin...

#FALSuperman
07-24-2018, 01:27 PM
It's not a different car from last week. Not even sure they own the pierce car anymore that they raced in the summernationals. It's my understanding they don't even have their hauler anymore and will be borrowing one.In your mind it isn't any different. Results make people talk either way.

jensenracing18
07-24-2018, 01:30 PM
just posted it on FB loaded up on an open trailer with his pit bike and spare motor in the back of the truck https://www.facebook.com/bobbypierce32/posts/1950585758332285

ptown
07-24-2018, 02:51 PM

Dunn Benson should have known what they were getting into, EPJ has more class on his little toe than that whole squirrelly Pierce clan has in the whole family.

getinit
07-24-2018, 03:10 PM
In your mind it isn't any different. Results make people talk either way.

Not 'in my mind'. It's not a different car than he's been racing. Sorry you folks can't comprehend plain english.

chopter
07-24-2018, 03:11 PM
just posted it on FB loaded up on an open trailer with his pit bike and spare motor in the back of the truck https://www.facebook.com/bobbypierce32/posts/1950585758332285

Do what you gotta do to race? Poor bobby and the pierce family really struggling out here hahaha.

smooth32
07-24-2018, 03:21 PM
Ya, I'd say he's doing what he has to do to race.

Mindwalker
07-24-2018, 07:13 PM
Poor kid is down to an old rusted out dodge and an open hauler! Yeah, he needs to race!! Hahhahahahaha

chupp n bloomer fan
07-24-2018, 07:43 PM
I just still find it funny that finally more people are questioning the testing. Should have been questions raised for a long time. And wayyy more transparency, plus use two labs for awhile.

Barbecueboy
07-24-2018, 10:17 PM
I used to read about flawed process..... But that's impossible.:)

Right?

a25rjr
07-25-2018, 07:14 AM
I used to read about flawed process..... But that's impossible.:)

Right?

You talkin about the Yankees bbq methods? :)

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-25-2018, 07:49 AM
Have they released the actual questions asked during the polygraph? Ask too specific a question, it would be easy to pass.

427c.i.
07-25-2018, 08:03 AM
I guess it’s pretty easy to fool a lie detector test, just Google it. Couple that with the fact that probably everybody on the team was not aware of a doped tire being used. (If in fact there was a doped tire being used)
What I found funny was the quote by Pierce saying “the tire was manufactured in Oct 2017 and changed hands several times before DB purchased said tire. It must have been doped by someone else and then returned to stock.” This offering an excuse for the doped tire. He then goes on to say that a sample was tested by another lab and passed.
So was it doped or not? I’d of went with one story or the other....

CageFaraday
07-25-2018, 08:05 AM
Has anyone ever bothered to scientifically test to see if a virgin tire can become contaminated from running on the same surface as treated tires? Do we know for sure the tolerance range at the factory where the tires are made? It just seems stupid for established name drivers to keep trying to cheat tires at the one track everybody knows they are gonna be checking extra close. I expect some no name dude from back water New Mexico to roll the dice, but not so much the guys with the most to lose. I think there is at least room for some doubt and questions needing answered. I never blindly trust big organizations to do the right thing, like big government, they always lie its what they do.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-25-2018, 11:43 AM
Has anyone ever bothered to scientifically test to see if a virgin tire can become contaminated from running on the same surface as treated tires? Do we know for sure the tolerance range at the factory where the tires are made? It just seems stupid for established name drivers to keep trying to cheat tires at the one track everybody knows they are gonna be checking extra close. I expect some no name dude from back water New Mexico to roll the dice, but not so much the guys with the most to lose. I think there is at least room for some doubt and questions needing answered. I never blindly trust big organizations to do the right thing, like big government, they always lie its what they do.

I think the tires are probably not as consistent as they would like them to be. If a tire isn't from the exact batch, it really isn't the correct benchmark, IMO.

But, at Eldora, there is certainly much to be gained if you can increase the operating temp of an LM 20. Those tires fall off a cliff on the black ice after 5 laps.

MI Dirt Fan
07-25-2018, 12:17 PM
I expect some no name dude from back water New Mexico to roll the dice, but not so much the guys with the most to lose.

Ricky Thornton Jr. Is pretty close. Isn't he from Arizona or something? lol

Josh Bayko
07-25-2018, 02:13 PM
Ricky Thornton Jr. Is pretty close. Isn't he from Arizona or something? lol

He was driving for a team that had been caught before tiregate ever happened.