PDA

View Full Version : Dale McDowell/Michael Page incident at SoNats Rome

RayCook53fan
07-23-2018, 11:02 AM
Wow! in my 20+ years of following I have NEVER seen McDowell so ticked off at another driver! the full deal wasn't on DoD but it appears he waited on Page, maybe even hit his car and jumped out and ran over to Page's door yelling at him to get out of the car, and even reached in! The actual incident wasn't on DoD video either but I gathered from twitter it must've been pretty blatant on Page's part. Too bad Page didn't get out, I would've like to have seen that! Lol

No_Weak_Links
07-23-2018, 11:26 AM
Page has to be one of the least favorite Late Model drivers. He stays in to it with somebody.....McDowell is one of the most respected, cleanest, laid back drivers in the country. It must have been really bad.

MI Dirt Fan
07-23-2018, 11:35 AM
I think McDowell is still running Kinzers ride.

ptown
07-23-2018, 11:45 AM
Page has to be one of the least favorite Late Model drivers. He stays in to it with somebody.....McDowell is one of the most respected, cleanest, laid back drivers in the country. It must have been really bad.

Page is an idiot.

Switchback29A1
07-23-2018, 01:18 PM
Page has a fast car, especially when the track gets slicker. And he certainly has no problem tearing up other people’s equipment. McDowell had to feel it was intentional judging by his reaction. He was more upset last night than at the 2011 blue/grey when Davenport wrecked him out of the lead on a late restart. Sooner or later somebody’s gonna stuff page firewall deep.

weatherman85
07-23-2018, 01:27 PM
Once upon a time Luther Jenkins stuffed it pretty good at Dixie. Michael has the talent beyond any doubt but one of the shortest fuses I've ever seen. Was always the type that it's perfectly okay for him to run you hard and do what it takes to win, but if you just barely rub his car it's on!

RayCook53fan
07-23-2018, 02:13 PM
Once upon a time Luther Jenkins stuffed it pretty good at Dixie. Michael has the talent beyond any doubt but one of the shortest fuses I've ever seen. Was always the type that it's perfectly okay for him to run you hard and do what it takes to win, but if you just barely rub his car it's on!

Yeah no doubt... that is one of the more wild things I have ever seen. YouTubed it many times.

MI Dirt Fan
07-23-2018, 02:26 PM
This one?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RNgHykXOb-o

B_K
07-23-2018, 02:44 PM
Page had everybody covered and got caught up in an incident that had nothing to do with him. He was rightfully sent to the tail going by series rules. He then proceeded to drive like a crazy person for a few laps and ended up dumping Dale.

Never seen McDowell exit his car and go at someone on track like that. I recall an incident in the mid 90's at a Hav-a-Tampa race where he bumped Charles Hughes under caution after they got together at North Georgia, but that didn't escalate further.

I'm guessing 17m was frustrated he wasn't running great on a track he's usually killer at. 18x was frustrated he had one taken away from something that was not of his own doing. Page was clearly at fault for turning the 17m though. They were two ill guys that found each other.

It's doesn't take much to get 18x excited, this is true. I can understand his frustrations last night though. He was goooooone. You still have to respect your fellow competitors in that situation though. All he did was make a race in the future a little tougher on himself. Guys don't forget things, and crafty vets can certainly settle the score when the opportunity arises.

Krooser
07-23-2018, 03:03 PM
I have only seen a few videos of Page but they always seem to be him fighting, causing a fight, ramming another car after a racing deal, etc.

Moron....

CageFaraday
07-23-2018, 04:08 PM
I have only seen a few videos of Page but they always seem to be him fighting, causing a fight, ramming another car after a racing deal, etc.

Moron....

I've never actually seen him fight. Usually he prefers to use his car as a weapon. Although if you can make an official made enough to beat you senseless after the race, you must be a douche'. Luther Jenkins lit his happy a$$ up good at Dixie one night. He can drive, but he's one of those mindless fly off the handle nutt jobs. No thanks. If you can get Dale McDowell mad enough to try and pull you out the car, you're a world class idiot.

Highside Hustler25
07-23-2018, 05:49 PM
This one?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RNgHykXOb-o

lmao @ the comments on that page.

"No teeth were harmed in the filming of this altercation seeing all were left @ home in a glass of water"

that's classic. Don't care who ya are:D

a25rjr
07-23-2018, 06:03 PM

"No teeth were harmed in the filming of this altercation seeing all were left @ home in a glass of water"

How bout....."faggot in the black car"....how does he know that? :)

CageFaraday
07-23-2018, 06:20 PM

Text book example of, "Rage-aholic". That man should not be behind the wheel of a 800+ HP race car, much less a street vehicle. JMO

Josh Bayko
07-23-2018, 06:22 PM
You have to do something a special kind of stupid to get Dale McDowell mad at you.

fastford
07-23-2018, 07:01 PM
You have to do something a special kind of stupid to get Dale McDowell mad at you.

no doubt , ive never seen him do that....

MI Dirt Fan
07-23-2018, 07:17 PM

Sometimes the comments are funnier than the video itself. lol

Josh Bayko
07-23-2018, 08:02 PM
no doubt , ive never seen him do that....

I’ve never seen Dale get riled up about anything, even when he’s won a big race. He’s so even tempered.

Clayton_Wetter
07-23-2018, 08:17 PM

Like what? Not get out of his way? :)

zyoung25
07-23-2018, 08:37 PM
I seen him him and bloomer cussing each other face to face at the Ralph Latham race several years ago. He was driving for Bowyer at that time. Now look where they are.....

Illtsate32
07-23-2018, 09:19 PM
People look at things soo subjectively now days, a 1000 people says its one way, another 1000 says its exactly the opposite, and somewhere right down the middle is the truth...

CageFaraday
07-24-2018, 10:40 AM
People look at things soo subjectively now days, a 1000 people says its one way, another 1000 says its exactly the opposite, and somewhere right down the middle is the truth...

Unless your taking Page's side, it 1000 to 0. Dale has been around a long time, never witnessed him get physical with anyone in 32 years racing around him, never. Paige, same area, the videos document his special kind of crazy, he likes to kick it with the senior racers it would seem.

Illtsate32
07-24-2018, 10:51 AM
Unless your taking Page's side, it 1000 to 0. Dale has been around a long time, never witnessed him get physical with anyone in 32 years racing around him, never. Paige, same area, the videos document his special kind of crazy, he likes to kick it with the senior racers it would seem.

Ya I was basically speaking on Pages videos and youtube and 4m in general. He does seem to have a short fuse and thats a bad trait to have for a race car driver...

Highside Hustler25
07-24-2018, 12:23 PM
Dale McDowell is the classiest and nicest racer in a late model today hands down.

MI Dirt Fan
07-24-2018, 12:25 PM
Dale McDowell is the classiest and nicest racer in a late model today hands down.

In his age group or overall? lol

(Sorry I had to poke fun at that)

Any idea what the scoop is on why he's been in Kinzers ride for these events? I thought someone else (Landers) was suppose to be in McDowell's car some point this season.

fastford
07-24-2018, 12:39 PM

I have only seen him race at TST , he has never acted up that I remember , which may be because there are plenty of senior citizens racing there that I guarantee will kick his azz..........

Clayton_Wetter
07-24-2018, 05:14 PM

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/theamazingworldofgumball/images/4/4f/Huh.png/revision/latest?cb=20120618223819

chupp n bloomer fan
07-24-2018, 06:21 PM
This one?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RNgHykXOb-oAnd Page deserved every bit of it.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-24-2018, 06:28 PM
Good thing he had that Jesus decal, or I think Dale woulda beat the crap outta him. Like to see the video, because he was madder than I’ve ever seen just about any driver.

B_K
07-25-2018, 10:22 AM
I heard 18x gave McDowell the one finger salute after dumping him so that probably helped fan the flames if true. I can't confirm that as I was sitting in the opposite turn though.

Clayton_Wetter
07-25-2018, 01:39 PM
Mars got put in the front stretch wall at Eldora a few years back by McDowell. Looked pretty shady, but it couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy. ha