PDA

View Full Version : Austin Horton Scores First-Career Southern Nationals Win

Ben Shelton
07-23-2018, 02:53 PM
For Immediate Release
July 23, 2018

Austin Horton Scores First-Career Southern Nationals Win
Ultimate Series at Dixie Next on the Schedule

Newnan, Georgia (07/23/18) – Austin Horton registered another career first on Sunday night at Rome Speedway. The driver of the Vape’s Gone Wild #16 Wood Motorsports/ Orr’s Towing/ Super K Express/ XR1 Rocket Chassis by Clint Smith/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model scored the win in Schaeffer’s Oil Southern Nationals event.

The victory marked his first-career series triumph and his first-ever win at Rome Speedway. It pushed his 2018-win tally to six.

“We went a little harder on tires than most guys, so I knew it was going to be late in the race before I could make my charge. There always seems to be a late-race caution here, and I was banking on it. Luckily that’s exactly what happened, and it all played into my hands,” Horton said. “I’ve been really wanting to get a win here (Rome Speedway) for a long-time so this means a lot. We brought the Crate Late Model too, but after getting the big win we decided to not even run that feature so that we could really enjoy our accomplishment.”

After losing Saturday’s program at Dixie Speedway (Woodstock, Georgia) to Mother Nature, Austin Horton invaded Rome Speedway (Rome, Georgia) on Sunday for the Schaeffer’s Oil Southern National Series sanctioned event.

Drawing 29 entries for the sixth stop of the tour, Horton secured his spot into the A-Main by registering the second fastest-time in his qualifying group behind Ivedent Lloyd Jr.

Rolling off third for the feature, Horton overtook Aaron Ridley, following a late-race caution on lap-47. Austin Horton drove away from the field to register his sixth win of the season and a $5,300 payday.

“I want to thank Mark Richards and Steve Baker at Rocket Chassis, along with Gary Winger with all of his shock and setup help,” Horton noted. “We’ve got an awesome team with a lot of awesome supporters, and this win is dedicated to all of them.”

Ridley, Ivedent Lloyd Jr., Casey Roberts, and Michael Page completed the Top-5 finishers in the 53-lap affair.

For more results from this event, please visit www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com .

This Saturday, July 28 the team will invade Dixie Speedway (Woodstock, Georgia) to compete in the Ultimate Super Late Model Series event.

For more information on the event, please visit www.ULTIMATEsupers.com .

Austin Horton would like to thank his marketing partners, which Super K Express, Orr’s Towing, Vapes Gone Wild, GW Performance, Rocket Chassis by Clint Smith Racing, Gary’s Pulp & Logging Inc., Allstar Graphix, McKoon’s, Horton’s Inc. and MSR Mafia Marketing & PR Services.

For the latest information on Austin Horton, please visit www.AustinHorton16.com .