PDA

View Full Version : Classy move by Jonathan Davenport

fryefan
07-23-2018, 09:33 PM
I was just reading an article on Dirt-on-Dirt about Josh Richards struggles at I-80. In the article he stated that after his car was tore up in the B-Main on Saturday (a lap car, with no business being on the track, trashed his and Tyler Bruening's cars) that JD offered his back up car to run in the A-Main. This despite the fact that Josh was 2nd in Lucas Oil points before the A-Main.

ptown
07-23-2018, 09:35 PM
I was just reading an article on Dirt-on-Dirt about Josh Richards struggles at I-80. In the article he stated that after his car was tore up in the B-Main on Saturday (a lap car, with no business being on the track, trashed his and Tyler Bruening's cars) that JD offered his back up car to run in the A-Main. This despite the fact that Josh was 2nd in Lucas Oil points before the A-Main.

Does Davenport own the cars?

Mindwalker
07-23-2018, 09:41 PM
Jd was gonna pay him to go a lap down and block Bloomer.

JD is worried bout that spoiler as much as SS is . Hahhahahahaha

fryefan
07-23-2018, 09:55 PM

There was no need for that. Bloomer went backwards all by himself.

Mindwalker
07-23-2018, 10:05 PM
JD didn't know that when he offerd the car. 😀

JD can't just offer up them cars anyway.... Lmao

MI Dirt Fan
07-23-2018, 10:06 PM
Supposedly BPM won't let Josh drive any other cars with the exception of Rocket1 that one time.

kidrock
07-23-2018, 10:07 PM
What a rough weekend for Josh and Best motorsports team. 3 engine changes, 4 wrecks and 2 tore up race cars and a 19th place finish and dropped to 280 points behind Davenport.

Mindwalker
07-23-2018, 10:21 PM
What a rough weekend for Josh and Best motorsports team. 3 engine changes, 4 wrecks and 2 tore up race cars and a 19th place finish and dropped to 280 points behind Davenport.

Boy howdy!

Centeroff
07-23-2018, 10:32 PM
Hey Rocket man, think the fam would be pissed if you wheeled this longhorn tonight?? Lol

Dlmfan123
07-24-2018, 05:46 AM
What a rough weekend for Josh and Best motorsports team. 3 engine changes, 4 wrecks and 2 tore up race cars and a 19th place finish and dropped to 280 points behind Davenport.Pit bike got hit by a push truck too

kidrock
07-24-2018, 05:51 AM
Pit bike got hit by a push truck too

That's right I forgot about that one.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-24-2018, 06:29 AM
It's a shame the pill draw format caused his pit bike to get run over, a lapped car to wreck him, and him to collect up in a racing accident with a slightly out of shape Lanigan.

Highside Hustler25
07-24-2018, 06:37 AM
Classy move by Davenport indeed.

ThebigE
07-24-2018, 07:17 AM
Eric Brock who owns Best Performance Motorsports has put an absolute ton of money into this racing team. I'm not sure how much longer he wants to keep funding this.

TMaCiLLiNi39
07-24-2018, 08:08 AM
Eric Brock who owns Best Performance Motorsports has put an absolute ton of money into this racing team. I'm not sure how much longer he wants to keep funding this.

Yes you are right.... all Josh has done is tear up his stuff.... it’s not like he’s won anything like a Lucas Championship or anything.... oh... wait a second....

dirty-white-boy
07-24-2018, 08:14 AM

I feel so bad for these guys that have 3 engines and 2 cars in the box to make the changes needed at the track.....Maybe the FANSFUND can start a fund raiser for poor Josh and his daddy.

getinit
07-24-2018, 08:15 AM
JD didn't know that when he offerd the car. 

JD can't just offer up them cars anyway.... Lmao

Obviously he CAN cuz he did.

fastford
07-24-2018, 09:03 AM

they have all been a lapped cars at one time or another , so i guess none of them had no business being on the track......isnt it something how people like to bash lapped cars , but then complain about low car counts.......they paid there money to be there just like every one else , I all ways figured it was the leaders responsibility to pass the lapped car any way......

getinit
07-24-2018, 09:10 AM
they have all been a lapped cars at one time or another , so i guess none of them had no business being on the track......isnt it something how people like to bash lapped cars , but then complain about low car counts.......they paid there money to be there just like every one else , I all ways figured it was the leaders responsibility to pass the lapped car any way......

I agree. The only problem I have with it is when the layover flag (which is said to mean hold your line) is displayed and there is cars on the verge of going a lap down running the only available 2 grooves side by side. Neither is technically doing anything wrong by what they were told the flag meant, but at some point common sense has to kick in and they have to realize that one of them is in the way. lol The leader shouldn't have to punt someone out of the way to have a way around.

fastford
07-24-2018, 09:31 AM
yep, i agree , this one reason i dont have a lot of respect for our local hot shot , he has won the last three or four races , that he showed up , by half to a full strait away but has no respect for any one on the track , watched him bank of lapped cars three times for no reason , I wish i was one of them , I believe I could break him of that sh!t , but i dont know , hes been that way his whole career.......

Mindwalker
07-24-2018, 10:13 AM
Obviously he CAN cuz he did.

Then somebody should tell lance jd is loaning out his cars. 😜

KAOS
07-24-2018, 11:36 AM
There is a difference between a lap car and one that is at least 5 sec slower than everyone else on the track. That being said Brunning could have let off and went around, the top 3 were not going to be caught and they were taking 4. I also realize in the moment that is hard to do

getinit
07-24-2018, 12:43 PM
Then somebody should tell lance jd is loaning out his cars. 

I'm sure he would not have made the offer if he didn't have authority to do so.

CarolinaDirt
07-24-2018, 12:54 PM
I can see this happening , when Jonathan was running for the Lucas title with the Rumley's in 2015 and they blew their motor at Knoxville alot of teams didn't know if they had another motor to finish the tour that season. I read in an interview by either Jonathan or Kevin that Mark Richards was one of the teams who called and offered them an engine so they could finish the season. Drivers stick together, its cool that they would be willing to lend them a car . I mean its not like they were offering it to local racer Jerry or Bob to run the feature. Josh is one of the most talented drivers in the sport.

Mindwalker
07-24-2018, 04:53 PM
I'm sure he would not have made the offer if he didn't have authority to do so.

Ok but if I read on here jd is giving away Lance's family members... Don't say I didn't warn ya.

kidrock
07-24-2018, 05:26 PM
I feel so bad for these guys that have 3 engines and 2 cars in the box to make the changes needed at the track.....Maybe the FANSFUND can start a fund raiser for poor Josh and his daddy.

How much you donating?

The team having 3 engines and 2 cars has nothing to do with them having a rough weekend.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-24-2018, 06:03 PM
I was just reading an article on Dirt-on-Dirt about Josh Richards struggles at I-80. In the article he stated that after his car was tore up in the B-Main on Saturday (a lap car, with no business being on the track, trashed his and Tyler Bruening's cars) that JD offered his back up car to run in the A-Main. This despite the fact that Josh was 2nd in Lucas Oil points before the A-Main.I seen that. Yes it was. Be kinda jacked up Josh got in it and really liked it. And I don’t think they’d have to change much, pretty close on size, and drive similar.

MI Dirt Fan
07-24-2018, 06:08 PM
There's a local a few weeks ago admitted to a driving error and I believe bought the other guy a new nose piece for his car.

Mindwalker
07-24-2018, 06:08 PM
Im gonna call Krooser and see what he thinks about landing out his car to db. Im guessing they're out of motors by now.

Zonks32x
07-24-2018, 06:25 PM

Yeah...the nerve of those people to travel all over the country, give it 100%, and put on a show 60 nights a year so dirty white boys have someone to watch make left turns at the dirt tracks near you.

Those B@stards!!

They should be ashamed of themselves and feel endless guilt for winning all of those races and selling all of those racecars.

They should stop trying to win and they definitely shouldn't spend any $ to make $. It's un-American.

Mindwalker
07-24-2018, 06:29 PM
Anyone here want to lend ss a brain?

chupp n bloomer fan
07-24-2018, 06:32 PM
I feel so bad for these guys that have 3 engines and 2 cars in the box to make the changes needed at the track.....Maybe the FANSFUND can start a fund raiser for poor Josh and his daddy.What do you want him to do? That’s what you need to follow the tour. Bobby, Bloomer, JD, EPJ, they all do. He had awful luck, terrible luck.

RW57
07-24-2018, 06:50 PM
Here's what I was told at a driver's meeting one when they tell you leader coming up hold your line do it because one nite you will be leader and want the same courtesy. Some tracks tell you leader coming up some don't i like the ones that do I have saw thousands of dollars worth of race cars tore up because the lap cars are a second off the pace and in the way. If you are having a bad nite and we all have them show some courtesy.

Illtsate32
07-24-2018, 07:47 PM
All you can do is ask them to hold their line, if they do that then the leader should have no complaint...

Swampy121
07-24-2018, 09:03 PM

TMac's the Pawn. Is Richards the Rook???

MI Dirt Fan
07-24-2018, 09:15 PM
Anyone here want to lend ss a brain?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xRcUFvbcWCw