PDA

View Full Version : PDC National Anthem

ptown
07-27-2018, 05:08 PM
Heard he had some problems with the law last night.

davis2902
07-27-2018, 05:30 PM
That guy is an a** Clown

ptown
07-27-2018, 07:14 PM
Don’t drink and drive.

turnleftandgasit
07-27-2018, 08:11 PM
Charging 100 dollars for a meet and greet in your home town. Low class.

Shiny Side Up 18
07-27-2018, 08:13 PM
There's a picture of a (presumably wrecked) pit bike on a dumpster on his Twitter.

MI Dirt Fan
07-27-2018, 08:15 PM
Charging 100 dollars for a meet and greet in your home town. Low class.

Wait. What????

Clayton_Wetter
07-27-2018, 08:18 PM
A lot of fat before the meat I guess!! :)

turnleftandgasit
07-27-2018, 08:22 PM
It now says donations excepted and donated to Shriners. Two weeks ago it said 100 dollars.

thexfactor0210
07-27-2018, 08:53 PM
He got a DUI?

bullring
07-27-2018, 09:12 PM
Who are you talking about?

turnleftandgasit
07-27-2018, 09:18 PM
BJ Ashtray.🤣

chupp n bloomer fan
07-28-2018, 12:04 AM
I don’t know if he is supposed to sing or just play guitar. He has been in some good bands, but I don’t know that he’s a good fit for the PDC. Whatever floats their boat, I just wouldn’t have picked him. Somebody a little more low key maybe.

TMaCiLLiNi39
07-28-2018, 12:09 AM
I think he’s just playing the national anthem by guitar

turnleftandgasit
07-28-2018, 12:16 AM
He grew up in Fairbury so I understand wanting him to be involved.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-28-2018, 06:32 AM
Gotcha. Then I get it. I know as a guitarist he is real good.

Highside Hustler25
07-28-2018, 08:13 AM
Heard he had some problems with the law last night.

I could not see the person singing the National Anthem, but I stood at attention and listened. If that was Mr. DJ singing, someone must of kicked him in the crown jewels cuz it sure sounded like a young lady. Just sayin.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-28-2018, 09:19 AM
I could not see the person singing the National Anthem, but I stood at attention and listened. If that was Mr. DJ singing, someone must of kicked him in the crown jewels cuz it sure sounded like a young lady. Just sayin.He isn’t there till tonight. Usually he is just a guitarist. Plus, coming from ptown, take is for what it’s worth. Grain of salt.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-28-2018, 09:20 AM
To sing I meant. He may be there, tonight he is doing his part.

rizzo2323
07-28-2018, 11:58 AM
First off everyone, DJ did not set the $100 Meet and Greet, the track did. DJ would not do it if there was a fee so the track rescinded it and said they would accept donations with ALL money going to Shriners hospital. DJ had nothing to do with the $100 so lets squelch that rumor. Also, if you don't know him, the mayor of Las Vegas has proclaimed Nov. 10 as DJ Ashba day in Vegas. This is because of all the charity work that he does in Vegas. The mayor of Las Vegas would not proclaim a day in his name without good reason. Did he get a DUI? Yes, the cops followed him around and waited for him to make a mistake. He passed all the field sobriety tests and barely blew over the .08 limit. Is it still wrong? Yes, and he was the first to admit that he screwed up. Before you judge make sure that your closets are clean. He is a VERY smart business man with a multi million dollar business and is coming back to play before his hometown. In case you haven't heard it, and I have, it is going to be a highlight of the night. Last night he was at the track and he took pictures with anyone who asked. HE did not turn one person away and he must have taken 100 pictures. Many of you would have been frustrated with that but he took a pic with EVERYONE who asked. DJ is a class act and I'm glad to call him my friend. Before you judge...meet him. Talk to him. He will talk to you. If you want a personal meet and greet, message me. Once you meet him and talk to him, and you still don't like him, that's your perogative. But don't judge until you have met him.

Highside Hustler25
07-28-2018, 12:32 PM
I have never heard of the guy. Is he performing after the show tonight and where at? Will have to check it out.

TTS_JF
07-28-2018, 12:44 PM
I had to Google his name, but apparently member of rock band sixx am. DUI or not pretty cool he comes back home to support a dirt track.

rizzo2323
07-28-2018, 01:50 PM
He will be 30-40 foot in the air playing the national anthem on his guitar. He has performed this at many professional events including many NBA games. You will not be disappointed. He is the "A" in Sixx AM with Nikki Sixx.

mskdorf
07-28-2018, 01:53 PM
He was the one of the guitarists for GnR before they got back together. Dang great player.

dirt crow
07-28-2018, 09:44 PM
I’d rather heard RUSTY!!!!!!

Zonks32x
07-28-2018, 09:53 PM
He was on an episode of Counting Cars few years back....Count and the boys did a car for him.

ptown
07-29-2018, 12:43 AM
First time in my life I heard people boo the national anthem.

Shiny Side Up 18
07-29-2018, 01:05 AM
That performance was a disgrace. He made it ALL about him.

fryefan
07-29-2018, 01:25 AM
It could have been worse. On second thought, probably not.

eskew11
07-29-2018, 02:47 AM
Sounded like nails on a chalkboard! What a disgrace! Everyone around us disliked it!

ptown
07-29-2018, 11:03 AM
Sounded like nails on a chalkboard! What a disgrace! Everyone around us disliked it!

Same here, most didn’t even applaud him and the ones that did were doing so because they were happy he was done. It really was awful.

Cardirt0
07-29-2018, 12:07 PM
Is there a Vid of it some were. Link please

#FALSuperman
07-29-2018, 04:11 PM
Interesting, i have seen reports Friday on here of Kenny getting booed when he clearly was cheered loudly. Then i hear DJ was booed loudly during National Anthem when he clearly was cheered. Not a single person in our section on backstretch had a bad thing to say. This guy stuck around the entire race and met anyone and everyone who stopped to talk and take pictures, while also signing autographs. I'm beginning to notice a certain few on here love to do nothing except complain about FALS and everything that happens at this track. Sorry to disappoint, FALS isn't going anywhere. However, the cool part is you guys have the option to just not come to the track since it is obviously inferior to what you standards for a premier track should be.

Shiny Side Up 18
07-29-2018, 04:19 PM
Interesting, i have seen reports Friday on here of Kenny getting booed when he clearly was cheered loudly. Then i hear DJ was booed loudly during National Anthem when he clearly was cheered. Not a single person in our section on backstretch had a bad thing to say. This guy stuck around the entire race and met anyone and everyone who stopped to talk and take pictures, while also signing autographs. I'm beginning to notice a certain few on here love to do nothing except complain about FALS and everything that happens at this track. Sorry to disappoint, FALS isn't going anywhere. However, the cool part is you guys have the option to just not come to the track since it is obviously inferior to what you standards for a premier track should be.You clearly don't sit in sections H or I. There was booing in both instances where I was sitting. I know what I heard.

Highside Hustler25
07-29-2018, 04:27 PM
More cheers than boos from my seat

turnleftandgasit
07-29-2018, 04:27 PM
Section F wasn't very impressed at all. I have to give it a big thumbs down also, and I am a FALS homer to the tenth degree. I understand the hometown thing and all, but it was god awful.

ptown
07-29-2018, 04:43 PM
Section F wasn't very impressed at all. I have to give it a big thumbs down also, and I am a FALS homer to the tenth degree. I understand the hometown thing and all, but it was god awful.

Jimi Hendrix is rolling in his grave.

Shiny Side Up 18
07-29-2018, 04:52 PM
For those that weren't there or didn't get the PPV... (Not from last night, but it sounded the same) https://youtu.be/i_wS_BjG6Wc

Mister Ricochet
07-29-2018, 05:02 PM
Interesting, i have seen reports Friday on here of Kenny getting booed when he clearly was cheered loudly. Then i hear DJ was booed loudly during National Anthem when he clearly was cheered. Not a single person in our section on backstretch had a bad thing to say. This guy stuck around the entire race and met anyone and everyone who stopped to talk and take pictures, while also signing autographs. I'm beginning to notice a certain few on here love to do nothing except complain about FALS and everything that happens at this track. Sorry to disappoint, FALS isn't going anywhere. However, the cool part is you guys have the option to just not come to the track since it is obviously inferior to what you standards for a premier track should be. At the turn 1 section of the grandstand I didn't hear any booing. No doubt this rockers look is "different" but he connects with the younger generation and racing like any sport needs to cultivate the young fans to stay viable and solvent moving forward. For many they like things just as they were 100 yrs ago for others, especially kids (the future), they like things to progress. No right no wrong except demonizing those who choose a different path, or look, than they do. .................................................. .................................................. ........................................This guy grew up in a religious family, worked the fields as a young boy, worked construction in his 20's, made his way west as an 18 yr old and worked hard to attain his dream, did so and now owns a couple different companies. IMO this fella is a role model, especially if he gives his time to charitable work as has been posted, for hard work being the foundation for success. IMO we need more people like this not less.

turnleftandgasit
07-29-2018, 05:08 PM
Before he got the DUI, the meet and greet was 100 bucks and made no mention of it being for a charitable organization.

Pennsboro23
07-29-2018, 05:48 PM
I wasn’t impressed.

dirtyboy
07-29-2018, 06:16 PM
The racing must have been pretty good, folks had to find something else to complain about!

dirt junkie
07-29-2018, 06:28 PM
Just watched the video. Thought it was pretty awesome. Some people wouldn’t know talent if it slapped them in the face. Or maybe some just like to complain

bullring
07-29-2018, 06:31 PM
I thought maybe they'd bring in Rosanne Barr. She has a lot of free time now.

TheJet-09
07-29-2018, 06:51 PM
I saw him on an episode of "Tanked" (a show about custom fish tanks...not getting drunk), so he's done something right for himself. I like music such as Sixx AM, but am also a purist so to speak when it comes to the National Anthem. I wasn't there to hear/witness it, but I think there are other songs you can add your own "flare" to. While far fetched, as I've stated during other discussions on the matter, I believe you should have to be licensed to perform the National Anthem, but that's just me. I don't think you can beat a "Wayne Messmer" version, or those alike.

If that was the least favorite thing about the weekend, sounds like I missed a heck of a show. And a big thank you to all those who posted updates (SSU18 especially) and their opinions, truly!

Clayton_Wetter
07-29-2018, 07:01 PM
Racetracks, please go back to playing instrumental recordings of the national anthem.

Highbanked
07-29-2018, 07:31 PM
That clearly sucked

#FALSuperman
07-29-2018, 08:26 PM
Before he got the DUI, the meet and greet was 100 bucks and made no mention of it being for a charitable organization.Maybe you should read the post about what transpired. DJ had nothing to do with the 100 dollar meet and greet and made it known he would have no part in it, unless they made it for free. You should get your facts straight if you're going to post a negative comment like that.

Cardirt0
07-30-2018, 12:40 AM
When i was with A and R Prod. we did a GandR show in Baton Rouge, and did some partying with him he does Know how to party. We went down to new O. and burnt the place down On B street. They put on one H of show.

racincowboy02
07-30-2018, 01:04 AM
For the ones that said they didn't like it you have to understand that is one of the hardest songs to to play on an electric guitar. He is a heckuva guitar player and the bands hes been around know how to put on a helluva show

MADCAPRACING22
07-30-2018, 05:27 AM
Great job guitar dude!!!!

ptown
07-31-2018, 09:53 PM
Classic mugshot

http://loudwire.com/report-sixx-a-m-s-dj-ashba-arrested-for-dui/

MI Dirt Fan
07-31-2018, 10:04 PM
I like the quote "It was so nice to chill back home and reset"

Apparently that involved in getting a DUI also lol smh

Clayton_Wetter
08-01-2018, 04:42 PM
The Illustrated Man!!!!

http://www.limitedruns.com/media/cache/f2/bf/f2bf89b1a27b74c70b39aa23b243f4b5.jpg

ptown
08-01-2018, 05:33 PM
And now TMZ

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.tmz.com/2018/07/30/guns-n-roses-guitarist-dj-ashba-arrested-dui

GEAR_HEAD
08-02-2018, 02:20 PM
They were just talking about him getting arrested in Fairbury, IL on Eagle 107.5 based out of Wheeling, WV. He's getting Fairbury some national attention. :)