PDA

View Full Version : Old Racing League?

hardracer32
07-31-2018, 06:57 AM
Can someone please help me out? I've been racking my brain trying to remember the name of a racing league that was in the works many years ago but never got off the ground.

It was set up similarly to MLB and other "league" type sports. Each city had their own team of 3 cars. The race cars were Vipers, Vettes, and Mustangs if I remember correctly. I also seem to remember Humpy Wheeler being invovlved with it. I don't remember where I saw the article, maybe in Circle Track Magazine. But, I know I didn't hallucinate this. It's just something that popped into my head the other day and now it's driving me crazy!

Somebody help!

FieldFiller
07-31-2018, 07:09 AM
Sounds like a pretty interesting idea

chupp n bloomer fan
07-31-2018, 07:28 AM
Can someone please help me out? I've been racking my brain trying to remember the name of a racing league that was in the works many years ago but never got off the ground.

It was set up similarly to MLB and other "league" type sports. Each city had their own team of 3 cars. The race cars were Vipers, Vettes, and Mustangs if I remember correctly. I also seem to remember Humpy Wheeler being invovlved with it. I don't remember where I saw the article, maybe in Circle Track Magazine. But, I know I didn't hallucinate this. It's just something that popped into my head the other day and now it's driving me crazy!

Somebody help!Googled it man, can’t really find it. I think it was in Speedway Illustrated in about 2008 maybe??

Josh Bayko
07-31-2018, 08:07 AM
I read something about that just a couple weeks ago. I forget what it was called too.

ShawnStreet
07-31-2018, 09:20 AM
I remember reading about it too. I'm thinking Cale Yarbourgh was involved too.

highgroove
07-31-2018, 09:41 AM
WAS IT THE V8 Stock Car Series.

dmr37
07-31-2018, 09:41 AM
Team Racing Auto Circuit (TRAC)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Racing_Auto_Circuit

i like racing
07-31-2018, 10:02 AM
This is the closest thing I could find.

http://www.jayski.com/pages/trac.htm

Edit: I didn't see that dmr37 had already posted a link

chupp n bloomer fan
07-31-2018, 10:44 AM
Team Racing Auto Circuit (TRAC)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Racing_Auto_CircuitThanks man. Read up on it, man did they fall hard.

Krooser
07-31-2018, 11:31 AM
Bruton Smith also proposed a Wednesday night series using Cup cars. He would have run a dash, heats and 100 lap features... I think NASCAR and it's legal team quelled that deal.

bullring
07-31-2018, 02:25 PM
Bruton and Humpy Wheeler came up with some novel ideas. At one time when Bruton was buying up tracks I thought he was planning on starting his own series or buying ARCA and taking them to the next level.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-31-2018, 03:05 PM
At one time humpy and ray everham were going to build some kind of dirt car and run a series but idk what ever happened to it. I believe it was to be run here locally.

MI Dirt Fan
07-31-2018, 03:21 PM
I've seen a couple pics on Twitter of Hut Stricklan in a firesuit and talking about how it still fits. Not sure the story behind it. Could be related to this.